Game thread - Pats vs Saints

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

Re: Game thread - Pats vs Saints

None of the QB's looked very good tonight but a few plays in the first preseason game doesn't mean much. The year Brady got injured Cassell was horrible the whole preseason, lots of us thought he would get cut he was so bad. He's no Brady but he played decent during the season, had some very good games too.

The offensive line is my biggest concern right now. Hope that Waters is just chilling out during camp and returns for the season like last year. Matt Light's retirement hurts too.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

In Response to Re: Game thread - Pats vs Saints:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game thread - Pats vs Saints : I am fairly sure Mallet is in his first camp, Diapers. You put more accountabilty on a QB in his first camp than Tom Brady.  Pathetic. Brady had Lloyd WIDE OPEN for a TD and hit him on his back hip, JUST LIKE I SAID LAST YEAR when he was late all year deep to Ocho and others. YEP. Brady.
    Posted by CliffordWasHere[/QUOTE]

The pass to Lloyd on the sidelines that he dropped was an absolute peach though!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

[QUOTE]On a more observant note, anyone notice NE's D in a 3-4 to start? I was shocked.  Classic BB. Jones looks like a natural tweener type at 3-4 OLB. He then lined up at 4-3 DE. Me likey. If you can continue to rotate him in and out like they used to do with McGinest, that really can confuse things and just make more defenders look more versatile than they really are.

Yeah, I saw that, I think we will see a lot of that kind of stuff this year, Jones fits right into what BB likes to do. The D is going to be fun to watch.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Jones was surprisingly stout against the run, I thought, so he's not just a pass rusher.  That's fabulous to see, since it means he can be an every down DE. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]Jones and D outstanding for a preseason game with no gameplan and just basic defenses up against a good offense. In fact, both D's played well.  I have no idea why any moron would even pretend to claim the secondary was bad off of 2 FGs. Time to send Bdbreu packing. What an annoying set of fans here.

The secondary was by no means perfect tonight, but it looked way better than it looked during last year's preseason games. I think there's plenty of reason for hope.  Honestly, I thought McCourty looked okay most of the time tonight, Chung played well. Dowling, Moore, Arrington, and Gregory all made some plays. It wasn't perfect, but there are some good signs. We'll see how they develop over the next few games. 

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game thread - Pats vs Saints : I am fairly sure Mallet is in his first camp, Diapers. You put more accountabilty on a QB in his first camp than Tom Brady.  Pathetic. Brady had Lloyd WIDE OPEN for a TD and hit him on his back hip, JUST LIKE I SAID LAST YEAR when he was late all year deep to Ocho and others. YEP. Brady.

Solder was trying to get Brady killed and you're complaining about him missing a long ball. You are king of the football stooges.

I place no accountability on Mallet. He dropped to the 3rd round and from what I saw tonight it's obvious why. It appears he has a cannon, no accuracy and no brains. Maybe that will change.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to "Re: Game thread - Pats vs Saints": [QUOTE]I didn't say they were perfect.   What I liked was how they all played as a group against a good offense. That one play early where Jones came and flushed Brees with a combo edge/bull rush to the strong side, forcing Brees to throw into the ground because of the coverage underneath, is what I'm talking about there. We aren't even seeing a gameplan introduced here. This is Game 1 and no real focus on how to defend a team. I mean, they showed a 3-4 with Jones at OLB. I was shocked to see that.  He looked at ease in the role. I guess we need to see more from that 3-4 thing with Jones, but so he looked effortless in his first start. Posted by CliffordWasHere[/QUOTE] 3-4 base will never die with BB coaching. Jones and Hightower looked like naturals. Mayo was staying with the quickest pass catching RB in the league in Sproles. I think Fletcher is a big hit to our mlb depth. It probably creates a roster spot for Cunningham, Scott or Francis. Move Hightower to play inside and out. A younger Adalius Thomas type.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game thread - Pats vs Saints : You're becoming very annoying. Everything you say is not accurate whatsoever. BB just said 2 days ago Mallet is way ahead of where he was last year, which means progression is a good thing, kiddie.

your behavior has not changed. you are a consistently obnoxious, emotionally stunted antisocial personality. goodbye sir.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]Jones was surprisingly stout against the run, I thought, so he's not just a pass rusher.  That's fabulous to see, since it means he can be an every down DE. 
    Posted by prolate0spheroid[/QUOTE]

bb was wayyy right about him! :)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game thread - Pats vs Saints : Solder was trying to get Brady killed and you're complaining about him missing a long ball. You are king of the football stooges. I place no accountability on Mallet. He dropped to the 3rd round and from what I saw tonight it's obvious why. It appears he has a cannon, no accuracy and no brains. Maybe that will change.
    Posted by BabeParilli[/QUOTE]

" It appears he has a cannon, no accuracy and no brains. Maybe that will change."

can i translate that to, he has a cannon, intermittant accuracy, verrrrry long throwing motion, and doesnt thhink fast enough to be a top nfl qb at this point...

good post

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: Game thread - Pats vs Saints": 3-4 base will never die with BB coaching. Jones and Hightower looked like naturals. Mayo was staying with the quickest pass catching RB in the league in Sproles. I think Fletcher is a big hit to our mlb depth. It probably creates a roster spot for Cunningham, Scott or Francis. Move Hightower to play inside and out. A younger Adalius Thomas type.
    Posted by TrueChamp[/QUOTE]

hightower did not seem as effective on the inside interestingly. he also got beat a lot in coverage.
    please scott adn francis. cunningham would have to improve 75% form his past performances to be much.

those using bb's evaluations of players have short memories. he could be sayng hes playing the best football of anyone on our team and when you turn around teh player in question can be gone. dude aint gonna tell you what he really thinks about a player on his team in most cases.

Sections
Shortcuts