Game Thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jedinate. Show jedinate's posts

Re: Game Thread

We've seen a whole season. The time for rash judgements based on one bad game or two are over. We now know what we have here.

I honestly don't think this is a Super Bowl caliber Defense or coaching staff. I won't blame the offensive, the majority of their woes could be fixed with better playcalling.

Can we still win it? Sure, that's why they say "Any Given Sunday." Do I think we legitimately have a chance? We can make it to the Super Bowl, even with this D, but can we get and hold a lead in the 4th qtr? Again to quote "That's why they play the game."

Whatever the odds, I can't wait for the chance. Never give up.  GO PATS!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

MM - the colts looked pathetic today.  It was very disheartening watching them today.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatFanInBA2. Show PatFanInBA2's posts

Ghost: I do not believe Brady is having a great year - but he is not mediocre. How many years did it take Palmer to get back fully. Comparatively, Brady is doing much better.

#4 in passing yards
    #5 in touchdowns
    #7 in completion percentages..

If only he would do nearly as well in the second halfs.. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

Good News - because the Pats were up in the 3rd Q, they will still rank first by quite some margin in Paul K's power rankings.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

That isn't on this thread you db.

I asked you here, but you couldn't answer me here? I can't imagine why your parents don't like you.

But, and this is the best part, It still isn't an answer!!!!!

Assume you are right and Polian lied about their reasons- Manning got his yards last week - Why did they play him today?

Also, Clark and Wayne could have just as easily gotten their catches last week in a WINNING effort, but they sat.

Again, the only difference between this week and last week is that they already lost. They couldn't deal with going 16-0.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatFanInBA2. Show PatFanInBA2's posts

Jed: I have to agree - not sure I would 'put my money' on the Patriots to win it all this year !

It looks like we regressed a fair bit this week..We are playing inconsistently!

On the other hand, if the games end at halftime .... :-)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

Good News - because the Pats were up in the 3rd Q, they will still rank first by quite some margin in Paul K's power rankings.

Better news - the Colts are quitters.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jedinate. Show jedinate's posts

Congratulations to the Colts and all of their meaningless streaks and records, way to man up, can't wait to beat your rested butts in the playoffs.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlemaslow. Show seattlemaslow's posts

Wow Shumpeters-Ghost, you are so witty. You are a despicable breed of fan, only showing up when things go poorly to throw your ill-informed barbs. Just look at your history of posts, virtually all negative.

And how is it I have a man crush when I have my own damn picture up and you have a 100 year old baseball player for yours?

Answer the question: who would you rather have as QB of the Patriots?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Marcus1973. Show Marcus1973's posts

nice spelling by the Texan fans. http://www.easternmainesportsblog.com/2010/01/houston-texan-fans-cant-spell.html

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

ud, any response to the debunking of your brilliant theory about records maintenance by the Colts?

I really can't wait forever. I do have other things to do now that the game is over.

By the way, I saw your aunt yesterday. She said to tell you to tell Caldwell that she wants her mustache back. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

spot4, I don't think people are surprised - just disappointed. I thought we might have turned a corner on D, but I guess not just yet. Hopefully with better pressure up front, the secondary will have less to deal with.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

I agree, Ghost isnt even worth callin a fan, cant stand losers like U. BLAH, POOOOP, BLAH, go home.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jedinate. Show jedinate's posts

Signing off. It's always fun, to chat with you guys, during the game. I live in Florida (but am from Webster, MA - I catch a lot of games surreptitiously on the web), surrounded by Bucs fans, so thanks for the NE perspective. See you in the Playoffs. Go PATS!!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from proftom. Show proftom's posts

NFL teams play week to week. Each week brings something new. And, sometimes the week brings something old. The defense 4th quarter collapse is something old, the constant loosing is something new.   

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from clifford987. Show clifford987's posts

Wilhite got toasted too many times, and the offence is plain vanilla.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Marcus1973. Show Marcus1973's posts

Game recap. http://www.easternmainesportsblog.com/2010/01/pats-lose-game-and-more-important-they.html

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Stick a fork in it!  Until next week and the first game of the Pats 4 game playoff run!!  Go PATS!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

Root - now you look like a dum bass.  It is on this thread.  Go search, you epitomy of pathetic.  

As for why Manning played - I answered that, too.  Go search again, it is on the board (not this thread).  He has a games played streak going.  Plus, Painter likely could not have gotten those guys the numbers they needed.  If you had seen the game you would have known that.  Painter had a total of 4 completions today.

Keep searching for ideas my friend.  Maybe you will come up with one that might stick.  Right now all you have done is resort to grade school "your momma" comments along with the other kids.  I pegged you for being better than that.  I was wrong.

Oh yes, I found it. It is the one you addressed to TP. How silly of me to think you weren't responding to my question when you addressed TexasPat. It was almost like you were actually addressing TexasPat. Simpleton.

Painter not getting them the numbers isn't relevant IF THEY ALL STAYED IN THE GAME LAST WEEK. You see, if they didn't take Manning, Clark or Wayne out, they could have had the numbers LAST WEEK in a potentially winning effort instead of losing. 

If these records are so important, why did they take them out of the game last week? If it was to prevent injury, then why play them this week when they could get injured. If it was not to prevent injury as you are now saying - then why did they do it?

The answer is still the same answer I have told you all day - cowardice.

BTW, about the only thing you've written today that was correct is your statement that you were wrong. Unfortunately, you were wrong about what you were wrong about.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

sim - We know that. He won't admit it. The fun part for me is pulling on the thread.

Another thing he acknowledged without stating is that there was no real reason for the Colts to pull the players last week. Playing time is playing time - if they needed records, the yards or receptions could come in any game. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

seattlemamaslomo,

I like Brady.  Think he is a GREAT QB - and a definite HoF QB. 

However, I do not have a man-crush on him like you do.  So I am willing to evaluate his season honestly.

He had 8 very good or great games.  8 not so great, almost poor games.  (in a couple of his great games he still made CRITICAL turnovers).

That is NOT pro-bowl, HoF performance.

THAT IS mediocre.

Hopefully he plays great in the play-offs.

The good news is the D gets healthy next week - and that is absolutely critical to winning.  As i said, they will win next week and I think they can win in Indy because they already did once this season (i don't care what the refs and the scorboard says).

Sorry that isn't positive enough for you.  Go shake some pink pom-poms in front of your Tom Brady poster for the next hour or so and you will feel better.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

Silly boys - Thing 1 and Thing 2. 

I am sure Belichick has thrown a player or two and accomplishment bone once in a while. 

Root - If I have already made a point (actually before you ask the question), why should I reiterate?  In fact, if I've answered your question before you asked it, then why would you ask it at all?  You are just a baiter.

Further, you once again are showing a level of arrogance that belies your credentials.  Your suggestions of how the Colts should go about accomplishing the things they want is self serving.  The Colts earned the right to do whatever they wished to do, however they wished to do it.  You may whine and hypothesize all you like and the fact is you will never be right, just a critic.  And the great thing about that is that it knaws at your core.  And that, my friend, is a joy to behold.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from army88. Show army88's posts

you have to question the game plan and the disjointed play calling and defensive schemes.  very hard for a pro athlete to warm up for a game...  sit...... cool down then go back in an be at game speed.. brady in and out... hoyer in out..... foolish.. and brady,  looks slow and a lot like drew  bledsoe.. season over... get the clubs out.   welker, tough loss and great competitor..

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlemaslow. Show seattlemaslow's posts

Oh, Ghost, now you've got me rolling on the floor. You're like a third grader with the name-calling. Since you have no logic behind your statements, you have to resort to low-brow. Really nice. I'm proud of you.

You bring NOTHING but negativity to the table, so why be here? And you're afraid to answer the question. You just want to be the problem, not the solution. Who'd you rather have at QB? What's your solution to the Pats' troubles at QB?

The guy is playing with a broken  finger and broken ribs and just put up 4,400 yds, 28 TDs and 13 INTs. Yeah, he's really mediocre.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from expertmike. Show expertmike's posts

We just have no chance with Wilhite on the field. Any offense we face has and will beat him all day long. Why does BB put him on the field? 

Sections
Shortcuts