Gameballs

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 617AcrossDaBoard. Show 617AcrossDaBoard's posts

Gameballs

Still didnt see a thread for this so I thought I would get it started.. Please correct the format of this going forward if I screw it up....

Gameballs

Devin McCourty: Played well against a future HOF reciever breaking up passes and staying with his man for the most part.

Wes Welker: Mainly for just being out there & healthy.. Oh yeah 8/64/2TDs didnt hurt either.

Pat Chung: The kid was all over the place. Should be a household name before long.

Honorable Mention

Tate: looked good on special teams and good run after catch
    Faulk: Unbelievable how he continues to do what he does effectively.. (1 bad drop)
    Brady: Looked good but only so many gameballs to go around.

Looking forward to the Jets matchup next week...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

Re: Gameballs

O line

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from USMCM1A1. Show USMCM1A1's posts

Drop McCourty and put back in Brady.  I was in a bar, didn't have a TiVo to rewind and whatnot, but from what I can see, McCourty gave up some serious yards to Ochocinco.  It looked to me like unless he had help, he did not look like a world-beater.

Brady on the other hand had a 71% completion percentage, 3 TDs and 0 INTs against one of the top CB tandems in the league.  Amazing performance.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from USMCM1A1. Show USMCM1A1's posts

Umm, oops, I think I got my numbers mixed up, that was Butler, not McCourty.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

That was Butler mostly.  McCourty played really well, most all game.  He was just a STUD.  And Chung, a SCUD.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

Tate was impressive, Welker was as good as ever, Brady was sharp, the O line protected Brady extremelly well, and Chung was Chung AKA the human missile.

Not enough game balls to go around, lol.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

I am still laughing at Tate's little hop after after he caught the ball and started to go upfield on his TD return

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from proftom. Show proftom's posts

I give the game ball to Bill, BB, best coached game in the NFL. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macrawn. Show Macrawn's posts

You have to mention Vince Wilfork as well. He quietly had a great game. 

He also stepped forward as a team leader. Did you see him fired up in the first half? He was a wild man throwing his arms up and everything. I think the coaches took him aside after his big contract and told him he's the man that needs to provide the leadership for the younger players. 

He also got a lot of penetration. He caused a lot to happen but wasn't necessarily the guy to cap the play. 

The special teams unit needs a ball also. They were rock solid defending and returning.

I loved watching McCourty. Talk about a technical player. He just seems to always turn his head at the right time, stick his hands in to break up the ball at the right time, and man he can close fast when he's away from the ball. 

Chung was outstanding. This D looked vulnerable against the run but he really provided a lot of run support. He looked like an extra linebacker out there. I know BB was gunning for a player like that and it looks like he hit the mark with the Chung pick. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macrawn. Show Macrawn's posts

In Response to Re: Gameballs:
    [QUOTE]I give the game ball to Bill, BB, best coached game in the NFL. 
    Posted by proftom[/QUOTE]

Yep. You can certainly see the difference between the vanilla 3-4 of preseason, and the game planning, execution , and fired up play of the real season. That's BB. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

"I loved watching McCourty. Talk about a technical player. He just seems to always turn his head at the right time, stick his hands in to break up the ball at the right time, and man he can close fast when he's away from the ball."

Seriously...MCCOURTY!  Dear God, no great pass-rush, in his freakin' FIRST Rookie GAME, and when he DOES give up a reception, krikees, He's STILL all-over the man he's covering:  I've said it again and again-Devin McCourty-Future #1 NFL Total Game Shut-down CB!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]O line
    Posted by Tcal2[/QUOTE]

Agreed.  There were times Brady could set up camp and roast a few marshmellows for the wife and kids before passing the ball. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

I thought the pass rush in the first half was great.  I thought the second half wasn't too hot.  But I also saw Brace, Sanders, etc in there subbing.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsRfineIn09. Show PatsRfineIn09's posts

The sack on 3rd down and 2 on the 1st bungle drive set the tone for the day, not sure why Wilfork got no credit for that sack, instead was given half to Pryor and TBC.

Hernandez was money the next series catching a pass from TB and cutting upfield for 45 yards but then later in the game he dropped a gift TD pass.

I gotta give it to Brady though, he was 25 for 35 but at least 5 passes were dropped by his targets. Great day for him.

Play of the game has to go to Guyton though, a 59 yd. INT for 6.

Tates 97 yd. TD return to start the 2nd half was the icing on the cake.

Welker of course has to be mentioned with 2 TD's and 8 for 64 , hard to believe he had a serious injury 9 months ago.

Chung, McCourty and Mayo looked good as well.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Game ball on Offense Alge Crumpler who was devastating on his blocking schemes both at the line of scrimmage and into the second and third levels, it is not a wonder that Chris Johnson ran for so much yardage last year. Welker,Brady and the rest of the O-line all deserve a game ball. On defense McCourty,Mayo and Guyton all had great games.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoPinkHatPatsFans. Show NoPinkHatPatsFans's posts

[QUOTE]I thought the pass rush in the first half was great.  I thought the second half wasn't too hot.  But I also saw Brace, Sanders, etc in there subbing.
    Posted by Davedsone[/QUOTE]

To be fair, BB was rushing 4 in a prevent D a lot in the second half using the clock to win the game.  The game was over by half time.

Sections
Shortcuts