Gameplan Thread vs Colts

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Re: Gameplan Thread vs Colts

yup said this all yesterday. I would give Blount 15-20 carries Ridley 5-8 Vereen 3-5

Talib on TY seems like an obvious, hopefully bb does that with FS help over top

i dont know about running too much zone though. i think man to man football we match up really well with them. zones can give up yards if pressure isnt applied..

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sam0377. Show sam0377's posts

Colts played against Sean Mcdermotts defense which sucked for years in philly and now in KC.  Defense will keep us in the game and there will be good adjustments as the game goes along. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to DeadAhead2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

yup said this all yesterday. I would give Blount 15-20 carries Ridley 5-8 Vereen 3-5

Talib on TY seems like an obvious, hopefully bb does that with FS help over top

i dont know about running too much zone though. i think man to man football we match up really well with them. zones can give up yards if pressure isnt applied..

[/QUOTE]

BB always mixes.  They'll do what works, but I think when the gameplan is this obvious, it usually bodes well for this team.

I actually would have been a bit more fearful of the Chiefs because they have more weapons like Avery, Fasano and McCluster, once you get past the Charles and Bowe Pro Bowlers.

So, this one appears to be a more deliberate option.   

Cincy's D probably would have held the Pats offense down a bit, but I think eventually the Pats would have won it going away. This is a poor matchup for the Colts.

Underpants will probably be gone all week and only hope his team wins, only to come in and troll.

45 and rain forecasted for now.  Andy won't like that, nor will the finesse dome Coltsies.

[/QUOTE]

Cincy posed biggest threat. best D out of 3 and have AJ Green. if talib was to get get he may have killed us... they have good TEs (we struggle with them) and GIo and Benny are a good 1-2... Dalton would've helped us out in the end too

KC was very beatable if we shut down the run and screen passes. No Jamal no KC offense. he opens up alot for them. They did put up 44 on Indy but thats a testament to how bad Indy's d is.... bowe had 150? joke.

Indy is the best match up and we should win if we play turnover free ball, run it well and effectively and also play stout D

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mcboyd22. Show mcboyd22's posts

I think KC had a terrible defensive game plan - they didn't adjust. I realize they were losing DB's, but more reason to double Hilton - no one else was hurting them. 

Pats should double Hilton or put Aqib on him if fully healthy. 

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

I posted this on another thread, but will paste it over here. 

Going just by this years results running the ball won't be a problem. We ranked 9th in the league in rushing, and had a better yards per carry then all but 1 of the 8 teams ahead of us. Colts are weak up front and are probably scared shtles of Blount and Ridley gashing them all day. They will have to commit more defenders to the run and Brady will find some big play opportunity!

i say run early, run often, and kill the colts with timely pass plays and start relying on some check downs...I noticed after watching all of the wild card games, we use the check down less then anybody. Always looking down field for our complex route trees to develop. Perhaps this ties into Brady taking more sacks then he has in 12 years?

On D, we need to contain the big play(which we are better at then recent years) and keep luck in the pocket. Force him to play patient football and capitalize on his mistakes which he will make. Watch Donald Brown in the screen game and let Trent Richardson run into Siligas body and fall down. I know Hilton and Rodgers are players to watch in the big play department, but Colby Fleener should be a priority in this game. Who covers him? TE's still kill us.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to DeadAhead2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to mcboyd22's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think KC had a terrible defensive game plan - they didn't adjust. I realize they were losing DB's, but more reason to double Hilton - no one else was hurting them. 

Pats should double Hilton or put Aqib on him if fully healthy. 

[/QUOTE]

Agreed. If someone else beats you, then fine.  But, it was clear Hilton is Luck's favorite target with Fleener, second. In fact, Fleener is the guy in the red zone as much as anyone else.

Anyone seen Underpants yet?

[/QUOTE]

just not looking in the right places baboon. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

The tackling is so bad in the NFL, more teams should use the simple swing pass. All weekend long this play works. First tackler misses or arm tackles, play easily goes for 10 yards.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to crazy-world-of-troybrown's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The tackling is so bad in the NFL, more teams should use the simple swing pass. All weekend long this play works. First tackler misses or arm tackles, play easily goes for 10 yards.

[/QUOTE]

You mean this is "tackle" football??!!  I thought it was launch oneself at the ball carrier and hope you blow them up and they go down.  Most times, looks like billiards out there as they bounce off each other!

Sections
Shortcuts