Garapollo is your daddy...

.. that's all.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Re: Garapalo is your daddy...

In response to wozzy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

.. that's all.

[/QUOTE]

Sorry for the misspellings, my Greek is no good.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Well I think it's obvious that he's not Mallett and that's a great thing. Four years of "learning under Belichick and Brady" and he still looks like a clueless jugs machine. As for Garrapolo, I think he looks around a little, he looks accurate, the ball comes out quick, he anticipates well...where as Mallett does none of that...and has never done any of that here.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Drew Bledsoe was all arm and no guile, but at the end of the day it's who moves the chains.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

What is BB's future looking like after Brady?  Pretty good, thanks for asking.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

Didn't see the game but I am wondering about Jimmy G's transformation from practice field schlub to game maven? Any insights?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"What is BB's future looking like after Brady? Pretty good, thanks for asking."

I'd like to see him focused on winning WITH Brady. I have no doubt he can pick up a QB at some point and still don't think it was worth a 2nd round pick given glaring need at tight end. 

But I will say I'm happy Garapola played well and his quick release is promising. 

That said it's a preseason game and he isn't anyone's daddy yet. As I recall Michael Bishop had a terrific first preseason game.

This also exposes that Belichick groupie, whoops I mean media pundit the other day talking about how Mallet was now a starting QB

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

In response to NYC's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Didn't see the game but I am wondering about Jimmy G's transformation from practice field schlub to game maven? Any insights?

[/QUOTE]

Clearly had a command of the huddle. Has an incredibly quick release, solid arm strength, and seemed to have a good feel for the pocket and ability to navigate and move around in said pocket. His deep ball was an absolute thing of beauty. 

Stage didn't seem to big and he had a fire in his eyes that I've never seen in Mallett. 

I honestly felt like I was watching a younger Brady. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Jimmy and Tymmy brought some late light to what was a very gloomy night.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

This also exposes that Belichick groupie, whoops I mean media pundit the other day talking about how Mallet was now a starting QB

Yup, the PFW guys were like, w t f is he talking about?

"The worse New England has gotten on defense, the better Brady has been forced to become -- with 109 touchdowns, 20 interceptions and a 39-9 record the past three seasons. "

CLARK JUDGE______7/13/13_____________________________________

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from OnlyDaTruth. Show OnlyDaTruth's posts

For one night, made a great first impression.  Even though it was an incompletion, there was a very nice 3rd down longish pass to Flinch that had touch to it. Missed by a couple of inches.

He didn't seem nervous at all; especially for the rookies "first" nfl game - unlike Mallett - who has 4 seasons under his belt.  He seemed pumped, but comfortable.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

JG looked sharp.  Liked the quick release and touch on the deep ball.  Very different from what we've been hearing and reading about in practice.  Nice pocket presence, didn't seem to get anxious.  Vision looked pretty good.  Reads were quite good for the most part. 

Point to be made that the level of competition wasn't the best but he did look good.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from paesan59. Show paesan59's posts

JG definitely made the game watchable after watching the horror of Mallett playing. I was very surprised by how well he played even though it was the 1st preseason game. JG looked better in his 1st NFL game than Mallett did after 4 years. JG showed a lot of promise but as Parcells once said about Romo, let's not put him in the HOF.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBruinss. Show BostonBruinss's posts

Way to go Jimmy, Brady is going to be looking behind his shoulder.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Garp looked composed in the pocket for sure and had nice touch on the ball. Very good signs indeed. But, the level of competition wasn't there for a proper judgement. I want to see what he can do against real backups and some starters in the next couple games. I will say though he looks more comfortable on the field then I've seen Mallett look ever and certainly has much more touch than I've seen coming from Mallett as of yet. If he can repeat against better players I would have no issue cutting Mallett and carrying just Garp.

Trust me, I'm an engineer!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to vertigho's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Clearly had a command of the huddle. Has an incredibly quick release, solid arm strength, and seemed to have a good feel for the pocket and ability to navigate and move around in said pocket. His deep ball was an absolute thing of beauty. 

Stage didn't seem to big and he had a fire in his eyes that I've never seen in Mallett. 

I honestly felt like I was watching a younger Brady. 

[/QUOTE]

I noticed his arm strength too, I thought it was good, which is great to see. He was able to fire that ball without a big windup. And I've got to admit I did sense a little TB in him while he was out there, maybe it was just the focus or determination...or the cool under fire? Whatever it was it is something that Mallett clearly doesn't possess.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

Garap looked great last night. Yes, it was against guys who are either backups or have a high chance of getting cut, but it was still nice to see considering how the camp reviews have been so far for him.

The disappointing part for me is that he showed more in his first preseason game than Mallet has shown in all of his time here.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Let's apply some common sense here. Garap is a quicker athlete than Mallett, they're night and day. One big and statuesque, one small(ish) and quick. There is no gameplanning in preseason. If there was, the plan would not have had Mallett making seven step drops and receivers running basic routes. 

In the face of a pass rush (at least against the first team defense), Mallett had very little chance. A game plan would have had him making three step drops and receivers running shorter routes, not to mention Edelman and Amendola involved. 

Mallett didn't play well, but Garap is more suited to a playground game. Garap (and the great Tyms) were going against threes. That makes a difference.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I think this is why he is being called "Gameday" Garrapolo. Apparently he doesnt practice well but is a Gamer when the lights come on. Maybe he improves enough to take the main backup spot but who is gonna want Mallet after looking the same despite 4 years in the league?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bungalow-Bill. Show Bungalow-Bill's posts

Speaking of "popping", it looks like wozzy went early again....

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Let's apply some common sense here. Garap is a quicker athlete than Mallett, they're night and day. One big and statuesque, one small(ish) and quick. There is no gameplanning in preseason. If there was, the plan would not have had Mallett making seven step drops and receivers running basic routes. 

In the face of a pass rush (at least against the first team defense), Mallett had very little chance. A game plan would have had him making three step drops and receivers running shorter routes, not to mention Edelman and Amendola involved. 

Mallett didn't play well, but Garap is more suited to a playground game. Garap (and the great Tyms) were going against threes. That makes a difference.

[/QUOTE]

How dare you use logic!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I saw a thread lumping Mallet in together with Solder as if Solder playing one one against Brian Orakpo is comparable, the reason the O Line struggled mainly (beyond our playing 2nd string and practice squad players against Washington's 1st team) was Mallet holding the ball too long or doing nothing with it.  Mallet couldn't complete a 5 yard screen that was set up nicely for him, he overthrew it... Mallet is too much like Bledsoe and not enough like Brady.

Conversely Jimmy G was in full control of the offense, he was confident, he stepped under center and pointed out the blitzing defender, he hit short routes, mid routes and long routes.  Saying he was playing against back ups is relative considering we were playing with the worst players on our roster, guys we all have written off as not making the team.  

Mallet will be cut outright by the end of preseason and he should.  Yes the kid has a long way to go, has a lot to learn but the opportunity won't come for a while.  If we're worried about Jim getting a big head, go back and look at the end of the game, Jimmy is walking toward Brady with a big grin on his face as if saying "did you see me play" and Brady ignores him completely... the vets on this team will keep him humble, but the future is bright. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

MUZ

It is encouraging but I will take it in context. I am also reminded that Mallet's looked good in his first preseason game so we'll see where he goes from here when he plays against 1's and 2's.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

You have chosen to ignore posts from Bungalow-Bill.
    Show Bungalow-Bill's posts

And let me just make a guess that bunghole-bill isn't here to talk about how pathetic the Jests looked but rather is suggesting we exercise patience in praising Jimmy G?  

Because he knows what a good QB is supposed to look like from watching Geno Smith... LOL!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bungalow-Bill. Show Bungalow-Bill's posts

Seems you know more about the jets than I do...

Colt McCoy looked just fantastic against third stringers too wozzy. Get a hold of yourself pre jack.

Who's the next stud prediction from you? You're bound to get one right eventually!

Sections
Shortcuts