Garapalo is your daddy...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Re: Garapalo is your daddy...

Bungo, we have a "winner!"

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcherbrook. Show Fletcherbrook's posts

I gotta say...I have been very critical of BB's GM ability but Jimmy G just has that look to him on the field. I was thoroughly impressed. He was light years ahead of mallet. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to Fletcherbrook's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I gotta say...I have been very critical of BB's GM ability but Jimmy G just has that look to him on the field. I was thoroughly impressed. He was light years ahead of mallet. 

[/QUOTE]

where did he go to college again?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:

Eastern Illinois.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

ok trying to remember if I saw him play but since EI isn't on too often don't think I did outside of maybe a hilite now and again

[/QUOTE]

Eastern Illinois.

[/QUOTE]

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Will not work, bustchise.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to DougIrwin's comment:

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

everyone is Bustchise to you - he must have 15 accounts going simultaneously

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

LOL at Rusty thinking Mallet was being showcased last night as trade bait.  My gosh!  Does Rusty know anything about football?  The guy is constantly wrong here.  If Mallet was being showcased last night then BB has no pulse how talented, or lack of talent some of these players are, and I don't think that's the case.  I don't think you could get a Starbucks gift card for Mallet after last night.  All those wasted years of money and time with Mallet is just plain discouraging and sad. 

Be a Fan!  But don't be a Homer Fan!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to DougIrwin's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

everyone is Bustchise to you - he must have 15 accounts going simultaneously

[/QUOTE]

Not sure about 15, but definitely a whole host he signs in and out with here.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Let's apply some common sense here. Garap is a quicker athlete than Mallett, they're night and day. One big and statuesque, one small(ish) and quick. There is no gameplanning in preseason. If there was, the plan would not have had Mallett making seven step drops and receivers running basic routes. 

In the face of a pass rush (at least against the first team defense), Mallett had very little chance. A game plan would have had him making three step drops and receivers running shorter routes, not to mention Edelman and Amendola involved. 

Mallett didn't play well, but Garap is more suited to a playground game. Garap (and the great Tyms) were going against threes. That makes a difference.

[/QUOTE]

I think you're understating things bit - yes it's only preseason - but the main difference was in my opinion the mental part of it. Garrapolo saw things quicker than Mallett did, every single time he dropped back he picked the right spot to throw to at the right time...Mallett has never done that since he's been here. Forget the nice passes by Garrapolo, it was the decisions I liked and the speed he came to those conclusions. And he was under pressure too, just like Mallett.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

I think you're understating things bit - yes it's only preseason - but the main difference was in my opinion the mental part of it. Garrapolo saw things quicker than Mallett did, every single time he dropped back he picked the right spot to throw to at the right time...Mallett has never done that since he's been here. Forget the nice passes by Garrapolo, it was the decisions I liked and the speed he came to those conclusions. And he was under pressure too, just like Mallett.

It's possible he had easier reads than Mallett did.  I have no proof of this at all, but if Mallett is still 2nd on the depth chart when the season starts (and they both keep performing at the same level) I think it's safe to say that JG wasn't given the keys to the full playbook.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

As a follow up to my last post Reiss mentions that Cassel looked terrible in the preseason in 2008.  We all know how that worked out.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Let's apply some common sense here. Garap is a quicker athlete than Mallett, they're night and day. One big and statuesque, one small(ish) and quick. There is no gameplanning in preseason. If there was, the plan would not have had Mallett making seven step drops and receivers running basic routes. 

In the face of a pass rush (at least against the first team defense), Mallett had very little chance. A game plan would have had him making three step drops and receivers running shorter routes, not to mention Edelman and Amendola involved. 

Mallett didn't play well, but Garap is more suited to a playground game. Garap (and the great Tyms) were going against threes. That makes a difference.

[/QUOTE]

Bingo we have a winner, The first sign of being an NFL QB, is the mind, not the arm. Could be 3rd string, but that is where it starts.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Agreed, I saw and thought the same thing.  

Besides it's not so much about what Mallet didn't do last night as much as he has been underwhelming now in four season's worth of preseason.  I mean even Bryan Hoyer moved the ball against opponents... the rest of preseason will spell this out for us but I for one will be watching Jimmy G with great interest now.  Mallet's roster spot is no longer a sure thing.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

In case no one has noticed Mallett has been playing and sucking against 2's, 3" and Burger Flippers in preseason for 4 years now and doing ch,it. This kid gets his first opportunity and shines.

Mallett's Gone!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:
    [QUOTE]

As a follow up to my last post Reiss mentions that Cassel looked terrible in the preseason in 2008.  We all know how that worked out.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

The difference to me was Cassel never looked panicked. Cassel's arm and accuracy wasn't there but he looked comfortable in the pocket and did step up into it. To me Mallett panics at times and doesn't look comfortable. Garp looked comfortable to me and looked like he belonged in the pocket. Mechanics you can work on but the mentality and pocket presence can't. Doesn't mean Garp is going to become great but does tell me he's got a good base to work off of mentally. Not sure Mallett has that same mentality. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

This guy could just be feeling the after effects of being an ex Dope Head. Ive never done it so Im not sure but its a pretty hard drug. His arm is a cannon but he always looks skittish. He brushed off questions of him rushing but he knows he got outplayed. Lets see how he responds.  I think he was a good gamble in the draft and Im glad we never had to see him play. So with that said, I liked the little I saw of Grap and Mallet...well he is on his way out and I dont care if they get a pick or just cut him cuz his days are over here anyway after next year. I dont want to see Grap ever in a game either but if he keeps progressing, I think we could survive a game a two with him. If Brady goes down for a season, your season is over anyway.

"A lot of bookies are probably mad at us right now, but we don't give a damn, ... We're the champs!!"

Ty Law after his team defeated the Rams in SB 36.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcherbrook. Show Fletcherbrook's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Besides it's not so much about what Mallet didn't do last night as much as he has been underwhelming now in four season's worth of preseason.  I mean even Bryan Hoyer moved the ball against opponents... the rest of preseason will spell this out for us but I for one will be watching Jimmy G with great interest now.  Mallet's roster spot is no longer a sure thing.

[/QUOTE]

I concur. The throw in the end zone on the run was a throw that only a handful of nfl players can make. It wasn't a td but,holy sheet, it was an impressive play.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from HelmetofLeather. Show HelmetofLeather's posts

" But we're talking about practice man. What are we talking about? Practice? We're talking about practice, man. [laughter from the media crowd] We're talking about practice. We're talking about practice. We ain't talking about the game. [more laughter] We're talking about practice, man. When you come to the arena, and you see me play, you see me play don't you? You've seen me give everything I've got, right? But we're talking about practice right now. Not the game that I go out there and die for and play every game like it's my last. Not the game, but we're talking about practice, man. I mean, how silly is that? ... And we talking about practice"

Sincerely Jimmy "Gametime" Garapalo

"Don't touch my Leatherhelmet!!"

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to wozzy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I concur. The throw in the end zone on the run was a throw that only a handful of nfl players can make. It wasn't a td but,holy sheet, it was an impressive play.

[/QUOTE]

You do have a point with that one...maybe I shouldn't of wrote to forget about the nice passes, because some of those were things of beauty.

I also liked the velocity of his throws, because that's always a question mark with these younger players...can they make the throws? Because many of them can't, I think it's fairly obvious he can. There was a pass in the endzone (it wasn't caught) where he fired that thing in between a couple of defenders and you could see the power. That was impressive to me. No he doesn't have the ability to drive the ball down the field like Mallett or a Cutler has, but you don't have to have that.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Mallet will be the back up QB for this Super Bowl contender all year long. 

[object HTMLDivElement]

Sections
Shortcuts