Garoppolo. Pop goes my head like in scanners

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SacPatsFan. Show SacPatsFan's posts

Re: Garoppolo. Pop goes my head like in scanners

In response to Pats7393's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Reiss in live chat reported it about 4 picks before it was made.  Shefty had inside track on it.

This has to mean Mallet getting traded doesn't it?
    [/QUOTE]

Trade Mallett with who?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]

Reiss in live chat reported it about 4 picks before it was made.  Shefty had inside track on it.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

I would hope so. We have a number of needs still so using a pick on a QB this early if you are going to keep Mallett seems like a bit of a stretch. But, I will guarantee after the draft if they don't trade Mallett we will hear how they didn't like the draft

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

All I know is Rusty must be loving this and claiming victory. Yet he'll fail to realize, Brady will finish out his contract and the GM and coach will continue to play him because he's still one of the best in the game. Funny how Rusty praises BB but bashes Brady yet it's BB who keeps tossing him out there. If Rusty ever realizes this his head might explode  lol

I swear by lil 10 pound bearded baby Jesus

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

That is the dumbest thing I have ever seen the Patriots do. 

A 3rd string QB with Fiedorowicz still available?  Ridiculous.

Also, Mallet's value in trade JUST WENT DOWN.  Why would anyone give the pats a pick for Mallet when they just burned a #2 of Jeneane Garofalo?

So far we have a guy who will spend the season in ice baths with Gronk and a 3rd string QB.

What the hellisgoingon???

Defense.  It is still important.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

In response to SacPatsFan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Trade Mallett with who?

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Keep reading and hearing Texans, so far 3 rounds gone and Houston hasn't drafted a QB.  Speculations could be O'Brian has some sort of deal for Mallet.  What that deal could be who knows, looks like won't be for any 2014 picks.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to ATJ's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Well this has been fun, I bet in the third we'll select a kicker.

[/QUOTE]

And not a long snapper??

[/QUOTE]

I was going to write long snapper, but at the last second changed my mind, because there is the distinct possibility it could happen

[/QUOTE]

Yanno, I thought about your post for a moment, I really did, but I don't think even BB would do that*

*Watch, he'll draft one in the third and then even my head will explode.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from OnlyDaTruth. Show OnlyDaTruth's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:
    [QUOTE]

All I know is Rusty must be loving this and claiming victory. Yet he'll fail to realize, Brady will finish out his contract and the GM and coach will continue to play him because he's still one of the best in the game. Funny how Rusty praises BB but bashes Brady yet it's BB who keeps tossing him out there. If Rusty ever realizes this his head might explode  lol

[/QUOTE]

like a pimple.....lol

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

I would hope so. We have a number of needs still so using a pick on a QB this early if you are going to keep Mallett seems like a bit of a stretch. But, I will guarantee after the draft if they don't trade Mallett we will hear how they didn't like the draft

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

WHat I was thinking, can't really understand a 2nd rnd on a kid who really won't get many touches as a 3rd string.  For this to make any sense at all Mallet can't be on the roster.  

Just don't get it if Mallet backup come September and you know it is very rare for BB to carry 3 QBs forget having 3 dressed on game day. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

By the way - Mallet is much better than Garrappolo

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

How can you tell?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

I like the pick a lot.  This gives the air apparent 2 years to learn under Brady before starting the 2016 season.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]

Doh  >.<  Hou got my TE. Wonder if we can trade Mallett for CJ? Kind of odd Hou took a guy Pats looked at heavier than anyone else and they are in talks with the Pats for Mallett.... late trade coming I hope?

[/QUOTE]

That is what I am thinking, trade CJ for Mallet.  We need a good TE, can't believe we passed on all those good TE this draft.  CJ is the 4th best, I hope we at least get him.  Man, Amaro was right there in sight for us!?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

In response to Schumpeters-Ghost's comment:
    [QUOTE]

By the way - Mallet is much better than Garrappolo

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

And knows the system, my point is a 2nd on a QB if Mallet is still on the make really bad move IMO.  Just don't see the benefit when he (Gor) won't even dress during the season.  

Just trying to make some sense of this pick and only thing I come up with is Mallet must be getting moved.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

If we end up 1 game away from being in the Superbowl, We Should Select ANOTHER Quarterback in the Second Round One More Time!!!!!!!! 

"Also, Mallet's value in trade JUST WENT DOWN.  Why would anyone give the pats a pick for Mallet when they just burned a #2 of Jeneane Garofalo?"

shhh...don't damper reality with something scary like this.  Seriously...I sorta wish you hadn't wrote this, I wanted to keep some illusion of a QB needy team to not simply say, "We'll give ya 7th rder...or just wait for you to cut him in late August." 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

[QUOTE]

Also, Mallet's value in trade JUST WENT DOWN.  Why would anyone give the pats a pick for Mallet when they just burned a #2 of Jeneane Garofalo?

So far we have a guy who will spend the season in ice baths with Gronk and a 3rd string QB.

[/QUOTE]

Deal already in place, dummy.  Mallet's value wouldn't go down.

Brady is not above this team and the way he's been playing in recent postseasons, he has so much to prove to stop destroying his legacy.

He ain't getting any younger. MAybe 1 or 2 more seasons for Brady to be somewhat close to the Brady in his prime.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

Here is my GUESS as to what happened:

1. There is a POSSIBLE trade with Houston - Mallett for a conditional 2015

2. Pats did not see significant difference between players on the board now and 32-64 picks from now. Possibly the few players they would have gone after were taken

3. They really like this QB otherwise they might have traded out of the second

Of course we all have our favorites and are wishing BB was as SMART as we are (never mind we all disagree on this guy or that). And some of the guys he passed on maybe just are not all that good. That big TE from Iowa who was on the board, I have heard he is nothing special. Maybe he is. Maybe not. If he isn't and this QB is very good I would rather have the QB.

I was still hoping for Nix since he had fallen. The fact they didn't take him makes me think THEY think he is maybe just another Ron Brace. Well, I liked the IDEA of drafting him. But I cant say I know better. WHen I do know better I say so. Here I cant claim it.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Replacing Brady was and is inevitable.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from m. a. pat. Show m. a. pat's posts

In response to OnlyDaTruth's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Mallet to Houston now?

[/QUOTE]

that would certainly make sense...

I still would have preferred focusing on the OL, DL, SS, and TE positions....

[/QUOTE]

I was looking for Nix for the DL or Marcus Martin @ center in that spot. Still a lot of positions the Pats need to upgrade.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from expertmike. Show expertmike's posts

This is great!  No way the Pats get humiliated in the next AFC Championship game with Garoppolo on the bench.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to DougIrwin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Deal already in place, dummy.  Mallet's value wouldn't go down.

Brady is not above this team and the way he's been playing in recent postseasons, he has so much to prove to stop destroying his legacy.

He ain't getting any younger. MAybe 1 or 2 more seasons for Brady to be somewhat close to the Brady in his prime.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

THERE IS NO DEAL!     MALLET WILL NOT BE TRADED!  He's just another wasted pick that will bring no return.  BB FAIL!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

+1

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

Don't know much about this kid, but he has short arms (31") and small hands (9 1/4").

I was under the impression that BB wanted just the opposite.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Doh  >.<  Hou got my TE. Wonder if we can trade Mallett for CJ? Kind of odd Hou took a guy Pats looked at heavier than anyone else and they are in talks with the Pats for Mallett.... late trade coming I hope?

[/QUOTE]

That is what I am thinking, trade CJ for Mallet.  We need a good TE, can't believe we passed on all those good TE this draft.  CJ is the 4th best, I hope we at least get him.  Man, Amaro was right there in sight for us!?

[/QUOTE]

Amaro and his tiny. 9" hands?  No thanks.  How will that work in 20 degree outdoor games?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to pats-fan-2007's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Don't know much about this kid, but he has short arms (31") and small hands (9 1/4").

I was under the impression that BB wanted just the opposite.

[/QUOTE]

The only things about this pick that I find confusing are those two things.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to WazzuWheatfarmer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Amaro and his tiny. 9" hands?  No thanks.  How will that work in 20 degree outdoor games?

[/QUOTE]

Much better then it will with Gronk on the bench hurt and Hooman and some other stiff filling in.