Gary Guyton Starting!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Gary Guyton Starting!

I like this move. Guyton is the second MLB on the depth chart and he will get the start with no Mayo on the field. We will stick to our game plan Thomas will play the edge and jump into the middle for the 3-4. Guyton will call the plays. We will all get a good look at how far Guyton has come with his tackling. I wonder if the Jests will be smart enough to try him in the middle of the field all day. Probably not!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Re: Gary Guyton Starting!

It will help him to have a full week of practice under his belt and not have to deal with a team running a no huddle the way the Bills were.  I cant believe this guy ran the fastest forty in the draft at linebacker, as large as he is and went undrafted..?  Leave it to Bill to grab the best undrafted free agents available.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Yep Guytons speed for a LB puts gives him an edge, of course Im sure there is a good reason he fell in the draft but probably nothing some good coaching can't fix. I think BB really believes in Guyton and I wouldn't be surprised to see him play well!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

I think he was a victim of going unnoticed on what was a really good Georgia Tech team...  I say victim but he was probably lucky to have gone to the PAT's instead of the Lions in the first round, now he will probably have a long distinguished career instead of getting the tar beaten out of him and playing on turf.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsRfineIn09. Show PatsRfineIn09's posts

Guyton will be the key to the D tomorrow, i am not saying he will be great in week 2 but i think he will be great this season.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ritchie-az. Show Ritchie-az's posts

Guyton was a "starter" last week, wasn't he? I mean, the Patriots started out in the 3-4, if I'm not mistaken.

BB has said that one reason Guyton may have slipped through the draft is because it was hard to project where he would best fit: 3-4 ILB, 4-3 ILB or 4-3 OLB. Turns out he fits all three, to some extent.

My guess, if and when the Patriots use four LBs, Guyton and Thomas will be inside, and Woods and TBC will be outside. With three LBs, Thomas and Woods will be outside and Guyton will be inside (it is possible that Thomas could play ILB and Guyton and Woods could play OLB). I think they'll move players around, which (hopefully) will confuse Sanchez a bit and force a mistake.
     One thing we know is that Guyton is a key component to the game plan, since they're giving him the communications helmet.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In Response to Re: Gary Guyton Starting!:
    Guyton was a "starter" last week, wasn't he? I mean, the Patriots started out in the 3-4, if I'm not mistaken. BB has said that one reason Guyton may have slipped through the draft is because it was hard to project where he would best fit: 3-4 ILB, 4-3 ILB or 4-3 OLB. Turns out he fits all three, to some extent. My guess, if and when the Patriots use four LBs, Guyton and Thomas will be inside, and Woods and TBC will be outside. With three LBs, Thomas and Woods will be outside and Guyton will be inside (it is possible that Thomas could play ILB and Guyton and Woods could play OLB). I think they'll move players around, which (hopefully) will confuse Sanchez a bit and force a mistake.  One thing we know is that Guyton is a key component to the game plan, since they're giving him the communications helmet.
    Posted by Ritchie_az

Yeah that linenacking core does not look to bad also a little Burgess in there for the 3-4 with 5 men on the line. I just hope Guyton can make good decisions and call out the right adjustments. I am more worried about Jones then Washington. We need to stop the run and make the kid throw the ball more!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHILZONE686. Show PHILZONE686's posts

I'm pretty excited about this move because it speaks volumes about what BB thinks Guyton is capable of, in terms of not only being the starting ILB but also rockin' the mic.  We all know that Dr.Hoodie is not one to just toss around responsibility like that - he must really believe in Guyton which is a great sign both for now and down the road when Mayo comes back.  He and Mayo really seem to have a great bond between them both on and off the field.

Now Guyton just has to go out there and tear Leon Washington's GD head off.Laughing

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

In Response to Gary Guyton Starting!:
    I like this move. Guyton is the second MLB on the depth chart and he will get the start with no Mayo on the field. We will stick to our game plan Thomas will play the edge and jump into the middle for the 3-4. Guyton will call the plays. We will all get a good look at how far Guyton has come with his tackling. I wonder if the Jests will be smart enough to try him in the middle of the field all day. Probably not!
    Posted by TrueChamp

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/09/20/should-the-pats-be-nervous/

Sections
Shortcuts