Gasper Doesn't Have a Clue

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Re: Gasper Doesn't Have a Clue

In Response to Re: Gasper Doesn't Have a Clue:
    [QUOTE]No I do not think Thomas was right, and that he should have kept his mouth shut.  I am not focusing on that ONE issue but as I read the Gasper article, it is more then one player, and an issue over the FULL season not just this past week. And I dont need to follow Gasper around to know there is a problem.  I can look at the record, I can look at the players faces durning and after games. As for Vrabel, Seymour and Wilfork.  Its not about there production on the field, its the OTHER players left here who are reacting to how players are treated.  I guess you have never heard of how morale can effect a work environment.  Of course football is a business and these are grown paid atheletes but have you never had a event happen at where you work where it has a negitive effect and effects the production of others still there? The reality is, and even Tom Brady said it, they have lost there leaders and with it the toughness and grit to fight thru tough times.  We talk about how they got rid of ty law, lawyer milloy, etc in the past.  That is true, but hey never got rid of so many all at once.  So yes it is my opionion it has had a negitive effect, just as it is yours that it is not. I am sure you had the Pats at 7-5 before the season started at this point right TexasPat?  Yea, everything is just fine.....
    Posted by Patsman2[/QUOTE]

C'mon Gasper, no need to post under a fake name...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Looking at the comments in Gasper's articles, he seems to be appealing to a whole lot of "glass is half empty" fans.  For every comment slamming him, there are 3 praising him.  In other words, expect more of the same.  I don't believe any of us "glass is half full" fans think there are no problems with the team, we just don't think that we've become Detroit; something Gasper almost makes it sound like.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

[QUOTE]Totally wrong Texaspat ...  Whatever You say about Gasper's precocious ignorance and singular, unintelligent inclinations within his commentary, at the very least He makes up for it with overused metaphors and unrelated, nonsensical similes in his weak writing style...I mean sheez, at least afford him that much. 
    Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium[/QUOTE]

A very famous writer once said, "There is no new thing under the sun."

And that was some four hundred years ago.

The sports page might not be the very last place I look for profundity and originality -- but it's way, way down the list.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Gasper Doesn't Have a Clue : A very famous writer once said, "There is no new thing under the sun." And that was some four hundred years ago. The sports page might not be the very last place I look for profundity and originality -- but it's way, way down the list.
    Posted by prairiemike[/QUOTE]

Good writers know where information is sourced from.  FYI: one can get thrown out of school for plagiarism.  Not only did you neglect to cite the "famous writer," you got it all wrong.  This bit of wisdom was orignially cited from the Holy Bible.  More precisely, Ecclesates 1:9 offers:

What has been is what will be,
      and what has been done is what will be done,
      and there is nothing new under the sun.

FYI: I have caught students cheating (e.g. plagiarism) in graduate school a number of times.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

yes . . .   and an infinite number of monkeys at an infinite number of typrwriters with an infinite amount of time will eventually write the great American novel.

Asked what book he would like to have, if he could only have one, Hawkeye said, "A dictionary, because all the other books are in there somewhere."

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

[QUOTE]yes . . .   and an infinite number of monkeys at an infinite number of typrwriters with an infinite amount of time will eventually write the great American novel. Asked what book he would like to have, if he could only have one, Hawkeye said, "A dictionary, because all the other books are in there somewhere."

Interestingly, your first source plagiarises; your second is a television character.  In addition, you make references to infinte monkeys.  At this junction, credibility might be a problem.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

AT peaked in his first game or so with the Pats when he had a pick-6.  Since then it's been all downhill.  It would be a shame if he were still here next year.

Tex has it all right.

Gasper strikes me as the kinda guy who thinks it's important whether the players like their coach.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Just last week I said "Gasper doesn't have a clue"

Please don't plagiarize me anymore.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman2. Show Patsman2's posts

Well on the bright side there wont be anymore of these discussion threads because I am sure all you people upset with the Gasper article will no longer be reading his stuff. Right?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]No I do not think Thomas was right, and that he should have kept his mouth shut.  I am not focusing on that ONE issue but as I read the Gasper article, it is more then one player, and an issue over the FULL season not just this past week. And I dont need to follow Gasper around to know there is a problem.  I can look at the record, I can look at the players faces durning and after games.

RESPONSE: Really? What do you see? How do you expect them to look when they blow leads, and lose one game in OT, and two by one lousy point?

As for Vrabel, Seymour and Wilfork.  Its not about there production on the field, its the OTHER players left here who are reacting to how players are treated.  I guess you have never heard of how morale can effect a work environment.  Of course football is a business and these are grown paid atheletes but have you never had a event happen at where you work where it has a negitive effect and effects the production of others still there?

RESPONSE: How do you know that player morale is down? While I think that the 2009 Patriots should have a better record, and are capable of playing better than they have...they're playing with a bunch of 1st and 2nd year players at ILB, and in the secondary. In other words...they're not as good as the Patriot teams in the past.  

Of course football is a business and these are grown paid atheletes but have you never had a event happen at where you work where it has a negitive effect and effects the production of others still there?

RESPONSE: What event are you talking about that has thus far affected this team? Do you really buy the BS that BB has lost his team because he correctly dissaplined a few players?

The reality is, and even Tom Brady said it, they have lost there leaders and with it the toughness and grit to fight thru tough times.

RESPONSE: They are rebuilding in the secondary, and at ILB. The players that were replaced, Tedy Bruschi, Rodney Harrison, and Mike Vrabel, were done. Richard Seymour, for whatever reasons, has underachieved ever since the Pats gave him a big contract extension. 

We talk about how they got rid of ty law, lawyer milloy, etc in the past.  That is true, but hey never got rid of so many all at once.  So yes it is my opionion it has had a negitive effect, just as it is yours that it is not.

RESPONSE: Of course losing so many good players at once hurts. But, it was the right thing to do. Harrison, Bruschi, and Vrabel were done. Seymour was vastly overrated...and the Pats got a huge return for a fading player.

I am sure you had the Pats at 7-5 before the season started at this point right TexasPat?  Yea, everything is just fine.....

RESPONSE: Are you trying to argue that the Patriots would be much,much better than 7-5 if they had kept Seymour?? Pleeaassseee. I agree that the Pats should have won at least two of the three close losses against Denver, Indy, and Miami, with the team they currently have. But, thats' on the players for not executing in the clutch...not on BB. These young players need to grow up, and start producing. They're not going to do that on a team that has no displine...and on a team with veteran "leadership" like that displayed by Adalius Thomas.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]Well on the bright side there wont be anymore of these discussion threads because I am sure all you people upset with the Gasper article will no longer be reading his stuff. Right?

You come across like, "How dare we criticize this great journalist?" If Gasper starts writing factually based articles, and names his sources, the criticisms of him will subside. But, if he keeps writing garbage...he'll get ripped. 

Aren't you tired of types like John Tomase, Ron Borges, and Dan Shaunessey? Please name another sports town with such negative sportswriters...who, in some cases, despise the team that they cover? 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman2. Show Patsman2's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Gasper Doesn't Have a Clue : [QUOTE]No I do not think Thomas was right, and that he should have kept his mouth shut.  I am not focusing on that ONE issue but as I read the Gasper article, it is more then one player, and an issue over the FULL season not just this past week. And I dont need to follow Gasper around to know there is a problem.  I can look at the record, I can look at the players faces durning and after games.   RESPONSE: Really? What do you see? How do you expect them to look when they blow leads, and lose one game in OT, and two by one lousy point? As for Vrabel, Seymour and Wilfork.  Its not about there production on the field, its the OTHER players left here who are reacting to how players are treated.  I guess you have never heard of how morale can effect a work environment.  Of course football is a business and these are grown paid atheletes but have you never had a event happen at where you work where it has a negitive effect and effects the production of others still there? RESPONSE: How do you know that player morale is down? While I think that the 2009 Patriots should have a better record, and are capable of playing better than they have...they're playing with a bunch of 1st and 2nd year players at ILB, and in the secondary. In other words...they're not as good as the Patriot teams in the past.   Of course football is a business and these are grown paid atheletes but have you never had a event happen at where you work where it has a negitive effect and effects the production of others still there?   RESPONSE: What event are you talking about that has thus far affected this team? Do you really buy the BS that BB has lost his team because he correctly dissaplined a few players? The reality is, and even Tom Brady said it, they have lost there leaders and with it the toughness and grit to fight thru tough times. RESPONSE: They are rebuilding in the secondary, and at ILB. The players that were replaced, Tedy Bruschi, Rodney Harrison, and Mike Vrabel, were done. Richard Seymour, for whatever reasons, has underachieved ever since the Pats gave him a big contract extension.  We talk about how they got rid of ty law, lawyer milloy, etc in the past.  That is true, but hey never got rid of so many all at once.  So yes it is my opionion it has had a negitive effect, just as it is yours that it is not.   RESPONSE: Of course losing so many good players at once hurts. But, it was the right thing to do. Harrison, Bruschi, and Vrabel were done. Seymour was vastly overrated...and the Pats got a huge return for a fading player. I am sure you had the Pats at 7-5 before the season started at this point right TexasPat?  Yea, everything is just fine..... RESPONSE: Are you trying to argue that the Patriots would be much,much better than 7-5 if they had kept Seymour?? Pleeaassseee. I agree that the Pats should have won at least two of the three close losses against Denver, Indy, and Miami, with the team they currently have. But, thats' on the players for not executing in the clutch...not on BB. These young players need to grow up, and start producing. They're not going to do that on a team that has no displine...and on a team with veteran "leadership" like that displayed by Adalius Thomas.
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]

Texaspat you have the oddest way of arguing I have ever seen.  If any makes a comment, your response is "HOW DO YOU KNOW THIS TO BE TRUE"???  Then you go on and make your point with no more knowledge about the situation then anyone else. 

Newsflash, this is a DISCUSSION BOARD, where people come to discuss topics and give their opionion.  Stop acting like you know more then anyone else.  If you disagree fine, but stop with the lame "how do you know" crap like you have all the answers.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Gasper Doesn't Have a Clue : A very famous writer once said, "There is no new thing under the sun." And that was some four hundred years ago. The sports page might not be the very last place I look for profundity and originality -- but it's way, way down the list.

Try three thousand years ago man.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Gasper Doesn't Have a Clue : Texaspat you have the oddest way of arguing I have ever seen.  If any makes a comment, your response is "HOW DO YOU KNOW THIS TO BE TRUE"???  Then you go on and make your point with no more knowledge about the situation then anyone else.  Newsflash, this is a DISCUSSION BOARD, where people come to discuss topics and give their opionion.  Stop acting like you know more then anyone else.  If you disagree fine, but stop with the lame "how do you know" crap like you have all the answers.

Stop whining. Your arguments make as much sense as Gasper's.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman2. Show Patsman2's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Gasper Doesn't Have a Clue :      Stop whining. Your arguments make as much sense as Gasper's.
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]

Spoken like a true child that when he doesnt get his way, grabs his ball and goes home.  How about you stop whining about Gasper. Oh no, you can cry all you want.  You go GIRL!!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Gasper Doesn't Have a Clue : Texaspat you have the oddest way of arguing I have ever seen.  If any makes a comment, your response is "HOW DO YOU KNOW THIS TO BE TRUE"???  Then you go on and make your point with no more knowledge about the situation then anyone else.  Newsflash, this is a DISCUSSION BOARD, where people come to discuss topics and give their opionion.  Stop acting like you know more then anyone else.  If you disagree fine, but stop with the lame "how do you know" crap like you have all the answers.

I disagree.  One can say anything they choose without the facts.  There is enough ignorance in the world.  FYI: Ignorance is the enemy of mankind.

It's quite frustrating to be "disgussing" a mater with an individual who can only offer strong sentiment.  Of course, opinions are based on knowledge and research.  Personally, I avoid trading opinion for sentiment...not a fair trade at all.

Of course, when the sentimental fool starts getting ornery simply because another poster backed up their offereing, their unbalanced ego seems to get in a ruff.   There is absolutely nothing wrong with backing up what one presents.  In fact, sources should extend beyond WIKIpedia.

Consider how this (or any other) board would present itself if it contined nothing but tenuous information.  Yeah, veracity counts.