Genius unleashed: NFL.com mic'd up Bel vs Miami, great insight!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from choircontrarian. Show choircontrarian's posts

Genius unleashed: NFL.com mic'd up Bel vs Miami, great insight!

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-films-sound-efx/09000d5d8141e444/Sound-FX-Bill-Belichick-mic-d-up

It is always great to hear from Bel in his own words and contexts without the national media's filter. the link is about 4 minutes long. he sounds a lot more passionate and emotional or "human". you can feel his natural intelligence and full control of the situations as the game is going on. u can also see y its best to have dean pees up in the tower than on the field. easy to see y the team takes on bill's personality out on the field. shows him relating to jason taylor in a very complementary, warm and respectful manner at the end of the game. this guy is never "awkward" out there on the field in any capacity. in the locker room, you can see brady almost fitting in with the rest of the team. thats y he doesnt need to go out of his way with a suit around the team. he has the natural gravitas, and looks like the charismatic leader and underwear model right there in his own little space and sphere. i like how mr. kraft keeps his distance at all times while somehow always appearing as if he is one of the guys. that guy belongs in a suit at all times. in any case, there's no doubt with this team, unlike others like the washington redskins, that the adults run the asylum. the leaders lead and the players play! 

what i find amazing is how in all the films i have seen of bel over the years, u almost never hear him bleeped for cursing or see him openly chewing out any of his players or ranting and raving like an out of control caveman regardless of the situation. he asks all of them for their input, shows a lot of respect and gives a lot of autonomy. his approach even seems to extend to the refs and others, which is y we sometimes get those big calls in big moments. refs are only human too after all!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Re: Genius unleashed: NFL.com mic'd up Bel vs Miami, great insight!

That's good stuff...You know, I was blaming the coaches because the DB's were playing so far off the receivers and all the time BB is telling them to get up on their @$$es.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Nice post, up to the point you started talking about Brady's suit again.  Has that subject not been beat to death here?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

Great Stuff!

Its always good to see BB whenever he is not on the podium.

@Ewhite...im right there with you...they need to do a better job with the press.

I hope we can get a good pass rush, while the D drops 6 back against Manning.   

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from K-max. Show K-max's posts

It disturbing what's at :32 and 1:17.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

In Response to Re: Genius unleashed: NFL.com mic'd up Bel vs Miami, great insight!:
    [QUOTE]Great Stuff! Its always good to see BB whenever he is not on the podium. @Ewhite...im right there with you...they need to do a better job with the press. I hope we can get a good pass rush, while the D drops 6 back against Manning.   
    Posted by patsfaninsatx[/QUOTE]

It's the key..That's why we gave up a 10 minute drive against miami. Those 5 yard passes were freebies. These guys are pretty good they just have to play up and not be afraid to get burned. If everyone is doing their jobs they will have help deep. Most of the time we are only rushing 3 or 4 guys on the QB so we should have plenty of help for the corners.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from thefedsox. Show thefedsox's posts

I too found this mik'd up great. Only one thing, bill keeps imploring his secondary to play closer to the receivers. Doesn't he or the D-coordinator control that by telling them to either play zone ,man , or press before the play?

It may be that on the pats D, the calls come from the coordinator but are interpreted /fit by those on the field. I.e the call could be man but then the individual corners can still decide to give a cushion if they are worried about being beat.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from choircontrarian. Show choircontrarian's posts

In Response to Re: Genius unleashed: NFL.com mic'd up Bel vs Miami, great insight!:
    [QUOTE]It disturbing what's at :32 and 1:17.
    Posted by K-max[/QUOTE]and this is relevant how...? ok, i'll play along. i think its symbolic of how the pats defense will treat peyton on sunday nite. they'll fake the blitz like guys just wanting to be like the other defenses he has beat on all year, then at the last second at key moments, they'll just break in and treat him like the woman in the video and have their way with him as they want to as his offensive line and his other protectors are forced to just passively hang around like the defenseless cuckold old man in your little clockwork orange video. i also see the pats offense doing something similar to that 30th ranked THIRD DOWN defense.

BTW, going more off-topic, if that's your thing, u may want to check out www.vicious-board.com. i have heard rumors they get fairly "extreme" over there!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from choircontrarian. Show choircontrarian's posts

[QUOTE]Nice post, up to the point you started talking about Brady's suit again.  Has that subject not been beat to death here?
    Posted by carawaydj[/QUOTE]happy belated vet day there, carraway. would say just maybe, probably i was going for the provocative hyperbole with the suit thing with brady. actually, around 3.40 with bel leaning or bending over towards meriweather would have been a lot more uncomfortable without the audio. thought for a sec there thats how he rewarded them behind close door to encourage great play......

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

[QUOTE]Nice post, up to the point you started talking about Brady's suit again.  Has that subject not been beat to death here?
    Posted by carawaydj[/QUOTE]

Oddly, I saw that episode of Seinfeld where Kenny Banya gives Jerry an Armani suit in exchange for dinner at Mendy's yesterday, and couldn't help but think of our very own conciergelibrarian here -- and now look, here he is again with the suit.

I'm beginning to worry.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

[QUOTE]Yeah...It def. gave me insight into the questioning of Leigh Boddens techniques...BIll was clearly saying to press these guys, especially Best who Bodden was covering, and he gave this puzzled look when Bill said you gotta press em....and not surprisingly Bodden was the one who allowed E.Royal to catch those 6 yard passes all day n Denver and prolly cost us a game....I think he was scared to get beat deep....but I too was surprised to find out Bill is telling these guys to press, but they seem too scared to get beat deep...but i thnk Bodden has decent wheels he shouldnt be worried about getting beat by D.Best...he aint a deep threat..
    Posted by patsfan76[/QUOTE]

At least we know that will be a point of emphasis at practice this week. If we don't stay tight on Wayne and Clark I will be sick to my stomach and throwing beer cans at my TV by half time.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

What a Pro! Love to hear him coach. You see what kind of guy he is when he speaks to Taylor at the end. No need to flatter him, but he tells him straight. "You are playing good, hall of fame."

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Genius unleashed: NFL.com mic'd up Bel vs Miami, great insight! : At least we know that will be a point of emphasis at practice this week. If we don't stay tight on Wayne and Clark I will be sick to my stomach and throwing beer cans at my TV by half time.
    Posted by ewhite1065[/QUOTE]

Empty beer cans, we can only hope.

Sections
Shortcuts