George Winn

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Clay73. Show Clay73's posts

George Winn

With Shane Vereen on the shelf, I would like to see George Winn back on our Team.  Ridley is not getting it done for my money.  Winn could be that Danny Woodhead type which we could use right now. James Develin at RB is a wasted spot in terms of production which our Offense could use right now.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Re: George Winn

In response to Clay73's comment:

With Shane Vereen on the shelf, I would like to see George Winn back on our Team.  Ridley is not getting it done for my money.  Winn could be that Danny Woodhead type which we could use right now. James Develin at RB is a wasted spot in terms of production which our Offense could use right now.

The OL isn't getting it done for Ridley.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from buzzinhornet. Show buzzinhornet's posts

George Winn looked pretty good in the Giants game.  Winn also has a video on youtube that's impressive.

However, since we picked up Leon Washington again, we are pretty deep at running back.  I think the Patriots are keeping FB James Develin around to help fill out the TE/H-back position until Gronk gets back.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dwhite1220. Show dwhite1220's posts

[QUOTE]

With Shane Vereen on the shelf, I would like to see George Winn back on our Team.  Ridley is not getting it done for my money.  Winn could be that Danny Woodhead type which we could use right now. James Develin at RB is a wasted spot in terms of production which our Offense could use right.

Cut Blount and sign Winn before someone else does.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to dwhite1220's comment:

[QUOTE]

With Shane Vereen on the shelf, I would like to see George Winn back on our Team.  Ridley is not getting it done for my money.  Winn could be that Danny Woodhead type which we could use right now. James Develin at RB is a wasted spot in terms of production which our Offense could use right.

Cut Blount and sign Winn before someone else does.

I'm starting to feel that way about Blount - I'll probably give it another week - but I'm starting to wonder why we are keeping around a slow, upright, non tackle breaking runner. He looks awful to me. I have no idea if Winn is the answer...he did look good in limited oppurtunities, but a lot of rookie runners do in the 4th quarter during these preseason games. Everything I've read about him as a talent seem pretty good, and he did look good...personally I'd like to see Boldin out there, but even he is no supreme talent.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

Amen, brother! The OL must do a much better job of run blocking than they did Thursday night against the Jets. They were repeatedly pushed around.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatFanInBA2. Show PatFanInBA2's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:

Amen, brother! The OL must do a much better job of run blocking than they did Thursday night against the Jets. They were repeatedly pushed around.

Agreed.

if there is nowhere to run, it does not matter if you have AP in here.

The issue was not Ridley, OL just could not open up anything against the Jets front wall..

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The Jets sold out against the run, no o-line in the league right now can block for a run when a D sells out against the run.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenace4life. Show tenace4life's posts

Jets run "D" is one of the best in the league . . .so I was not surprised at the low level of output from the running game.

I do agree that Winn should at least be on our practice squad.  Vereen is out 6-8 more weeks, Bolden is always hurt, Washington is just a kick-off return guy right now in his career.  So you have Ridley and Blount and both have had trouble holding on to the ball and offer little as receivers out of the backfield.  I'd certainly bring Winn in until Vereen is ready to go.

Sections
Shortcuts