George Zimmerman Verdict

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: George Zimmerman Verdict

Not enough evidence to convict.  I don't know if he was guilty or not.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

I think the DA aimed too high...agree with not enough evidence.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to APpats21's comment:

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Not enough evidence to convict.  I don't know if he was guilty or not.

You live in Florida right? What is being said over there?

I'm in Mass right now.  I am moving to FL permanently next month.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

I live approximately 100 miles south of Sanford and have watched every piece of the actual trial. Justice was served. Due process was administered, and he was found not guilty by a jury of his peers. My personal opinion is that it happened exactly how he told the story in the first place. The evidence at every point showed this to be true. I feel sorry for the families who were involved, one lost a young man and another family had too fight for the life of their son. As for all the theatrics surrounding this trial,I hold the NAACP,President Obama,Al Sharpton,Jesse Jackson,Jamie Foxx  and the Lawyers for the family of Trayvon Martin responsible for their continued interference and implicating racial bias throughout this case and for stirring those who are easily influenced by introducing the race card as hard as they could. I'm embarrassed for those who participated in this improper use of this system in their attempt to use race as the reason to attempt to persecute a man who did nothing more than defend himself from great bodily harm.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Coco40038. Show Coco40038's posts

jlopez

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tydog. Show Tydog's posts

In response to sportsbozo1's comment:

I live approximately 100 miles south of Sanford and have watched every piece of the actual trial. Justice was served. Due process was administered, and he was found not guilty by a jury of his peers. My personal opinion is that it happened exactly how he told the story in the first place. The evidence at every point showed this to be true. I feel sorry for the families who were involved, one lost a young man and another family had too fight for the life of their son. As for all the theatrics surrounding this trial,I hold the NAACP,President Obama,Al Sharpton,Jesse Jackson,Jamie Foxx  and the Lawyers for the family of Trayvon Martin responsible for their continued interference and implicating racial bias throughout this case and for stirring those who are easily influenced by introducing the race card as hard as they could. I'm embarrassed for those who participated in this improper use of this system in their attempt to use race as the reason to attempt to persecute a man who did nothing more than defend himself from great bodily harm.

Well put.   If it wasnt for Obummer spouting his mouth about it, after the incident, it probably would not have had as much national coverage. Pretty simple case really

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I feel sorry for the families who were involved, one lost a young man and another family had too fight for the life of their son. As for all the theatrics surrounding this trial,I hold the NAACP,President Obama,Al Sharpton,Jesse Jackson,Jamie Foxx  and the Lawyers for the family of Trayvon Martin responsible for their continued interference and implicating racial bias throughout this case and for stirring those who are easily influenced by introducing the race card as hard as they could.

I agree with this.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Wow!  Check out these tweets from sports stars, unreal!

http://deadspin.com/the-zimmerman-verdict-the-world-of-sports-reacts-upda-773603652?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_twitter&utm_source=deadspin_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow

---------------------------------------------

check out my Patriots photoshops @ patsfanfotoshop.tumblr.com for some good laughs.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

I have no idea what happened that night - none whatsoever; and there are only two people who do.  One is dead and the other has been found not guilty.  Does that mean it happened the way Zimmerman said it did?  Perhaps; perhaps not.  What is clear is that the jury did not find that there was sufficient evidence to convict Zimmerman of either manslaughter or second degree murder.  As for the rest of it, I consider all of that irrelevant.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

glad to see six women, some whom are mothers could come to this difficult decision. Sad that so many continue to think it was about race. Zimmerman should have remained in his vehicle and this tragedy would not have happened. Its unfortunate that young black males continue to terrorize that community. How difficult it must be to live there and not be able to get out.

How many people that are protesting actually followed the  trial from the beginning and know the facts of the case.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

I'll take the pragmatic approach. There were only 2 people involved and no witnesses at the scene of the supposed crime and one of the 2 people their is dead--soooooo --I don't know how a jury can send a man to prison with no real evidence and  Mr. Z stating he was in self defense mode. I believe the Jury got it right. On a more side football note I believe the Juice was guilty! In that case the glove did not fit the result.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from krismk. Show krismk's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

http://deadspin.com/the-zimmerman-verdict-the-world-of-sports-reacts-upda-773603652?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_twitter&utm_source=deadspin_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow

check out my Patriots photoshops @ patsfanfotoshop.tumblr.com for some good laughs.

Wow..Roddy White's tweet proves it's not just open mouth and disengage brain.  He is aware that the jury was all female, some are mothers, and of various races????

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

What I find troubling is that you can apparently pursue an unarmed person with a gun in Florida and if they fight back when you approach them with your gun, you can shoot them and claim self-defense.  From what I've read, based on Florida law and the lack of proof that Zimmerman hadn't acted in "self-defense", they had to acquit this guy, but the law is absurd in my opinion.  Basically, if I want to kill you in Florida, I just have to threaten you and if you react to my threat with physical force, I can shoot you and claim I was defending myself.  It's just absurd.

Martin was unarmed and was clearly approached by an armed man.  The fact that Martin may have fought back to defend himself makes the other guy able to claim self-defense after shooting Martin through the heart?  Wow.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

What I find troubling is that you can apparently pursue an unarmed person with a gun in Florida and if they fight back when you approach them with your gun, you can shoot them and claim self-defense.  From what I've read, based on Florida law and the lack of proof that Zimmerman hadn't acted in "self-defense", they had to acquit this guy, but the law is absurd in my opinion.  Basically, if I want to kill you in Florida, I just have to threaten you and if you react to my threat with physical force, I can shoot you and claim I was defending myself.  It's just absurd.

Martin was unarmed and was clearly approached by an armed man.  The fact that Martin may have fought back to defend himself makes the other guy able to claim self-defense after shooting Martin through the heart?  Wow.  

You make a good point --it is absurd the way the law reads. Thats why I live in Idaho. Besides Florida there are other states I would nevr live in Like Texas and Calif. In Idaho a lot of people have weapons so people pretty much don't start stupid sh-t or do a lot of home break-ins because they know what's behind those doors!!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

Well spoken!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

It's sad that a young man was killed, regardless of his color.  It's sad that the need exists for neighborhoods to have civilian patrol programs.  It's sad that young people are getting killed (I think 37 last month in Chicago alone) daily.  What's sadder though is that some folks (Sharpton, Spike Lee, Jesse Jackson, Sean Hannity, a number of celebrities) will, instead of collaborating on solutions, will just stir up more racial hatred.  This thing was a "racial" event from the word go and most folks I've talked to about it, had their minds made up on guilt before the trial even began, and no amount of evidence, or lack thereof was going to change their minds.  And the verdict ended nothing - there'll be potentially riotous "demonstrations," calls for more violence, civil suits - heck, this "thing" hasn't even really started yet.  Everyone loses in this case - TM, GZ, their families, their friends, their neighbors, their (and our) society.  This country needs an enema.  Apologies for the rant.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

uh huh. you can come back to the US and help change the law if you like. Justice was done.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to jimmytantric's comment:

You make a good point --it is absurd the way the law reads. Thats why I live in Idaho. Besides Florida there are other states I would nevr live in Like Texas and Calif. In Idaho a lot of people have weapons so people pretty much don't start stupid sh-t or do a lot of home break-ins because they know what's behind those doors!!!!

If Zimmerman was acting in self-defense, wasn't Martin also acting in self-defense?  It seems like Florida law simply favours the person with the better weapon . . . last man standing wins.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

In response to krismk's comment:

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Wow..Roddy White's tweet proves it's not just open mouth and disengage brain.  He is aware that the jury was all female, some are mothers, and of various races????

maybe there should be a quota system in sports similiar to the one that is used for college entrance. That would level the playing field and some of the less intelligent like A.H.; Roddy White; Duane Wade; Victor Cruz; James Harrison; Shaq; Chris Paul; Steve Johnson; Kendrick Perkins; etc. might need other lines of work.

All of them need to check out the CHICAGO murder rates before they run their mouths about racial verdicts.

Oh, poll them to see if they thought O.J.was guilty and they would be talking out the other side of their mouths!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Amen, brother...well said. The fact that the State of Florida pushed this case through the system to secure an indictment against Zimmerman is a PR stain on prosecutors everywhere. The job of a prosecutor is to seek justice...not to obtain a conviction in order to satisfy a political agenda.  This poor man should have never been charged.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

Very good discussion.   What a terrible tragedy this is.  There was not evidence to convict, especially under FL law.  Some strange cases have come up since "stand your ground"

Also, in Florida,under the castle doctrine, a 70 year old lawyer  was found not guilty of killing his young wife 's lover.   He said he thought she was being raped.

The compelling piece of evidence in the Zimmerman case were the pictures of his bloody head.  It supported what Zimmerman said.

There is something wrong with neighborhood watch people carrying guns and confronting people.  But it's legal.   Something has to change.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

I am almost 52 years old. I am lucky enough to live in a very peaceful and tranquil town in New Hampshire, just over the border from Mass. I was raised in suburbia (almost 100% white), and was never exposed to any of the gangs or violence that is part of our society. Its pretty hard for me to comprehend living in an environment where someone from the next neighborhood would be considered a threat to my health, never mind my life. But I work in Boston, and I know I wouldn't feel safe in the neighborhoods AH was visiting in Boston at 3 am. Whether we want to admit it or not, segregation (while not forced) still exists, which is why there are mostly white neighborhoods, mostly black neighborhoods, mostly latino neighborhoods etc., and each of these groups still has their prejudices and fears of the other groups. I feel for the family of the shooting, and I feel for our society in general that there is so much hatred and violence that neighborhood watches need to exist. Having never been a part of it, I certainly can't feel what these athletes are tweeting, but I can understand their position.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to bostatewarrior's comment:

Very good discussion.   What a terrible tragedy this is.  There was not evidence to convict, especially under FL law.  Some strange cases have come up since "stand your ground"

Also, in Florida,under the castle doctrine, a 70 year old lawyer  was found not guilty of killing his young wife 's lover.   He said he thought she was being raped.

The compelling piece of evidence in the Zimmerman case were the pictures of his bloody head.  It supported what Zimmerman said.

There is something wrong with neighborhood watch people carrying guns and confronting people.  But it's legal.   Something has to change.

Good post.  I think given the law and the evidence presented, the jury probably did the right thing in acquitting Zimmerman.  However, I can't say the outcome seems just.  Martin was unarmed and apparently doing nothing wrong.  Zimmerman was carrying a weapon, thought Martin looked suspicious, seemed to jump to a conclusion that Martin was a criminal who would get away, and then apparently followed Martin, got out of his car against the advice of the police and apparently initiated the contact with Martin.  Now Martin may indeed have attacked Zimmerman after that, but none of us was there, and it's impossible to hear Martin's side of the story since he's been silenced forever.  Martin may also have simply been defending himself against a guy chasing him with a gun.  It seems to me that Martin was innocent of any wrongdoing (at least prior to Zimmerman's pursuit of him) and his death could have been completely avoided had Zimmerman not been chasing him with suspicion in his mind and a gun in his hand. Yet, under Florida law, Zimmerman has no criminal liability for an unnecessary death he caused.  That's not a great result in my opinion. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Welker47. Show Brady2Welker47's posts

Brady2Welker47

I'm in law enforcement and I completely agree with Prolate...No one can argue the fact that if Zimmerman would have heeded to the words of the REAL Police to not engage ..that someone's 17 year old son would be alive today...Now there is a person DEAD and no reprocussions for Zimmerman...although trial was handled well the outcome does not seem just...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

With no bias, I can clearly ask how did Travon know Z had a gun until they were grappling on the ground. How did Z threaten this young man? Believe that Twas the first to ask a question. No one was there to see what actual evolved and what's with these prosecutions aiming for the sky and getting nothing? They changed their position 3 times during the course of the trial, even having Travon on top of Z in a final ditch effort. I don't get it. From the evidence, I found him not guilty and six women, maybe with children of their own, acquitted him.

Sections
Shortcuts