George Zimmerman Verdict

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

Re: George Zimmerman Verdict

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

Sorry but just so you know Trayvon was 17 at the time of his ultimate demise and the pictures the family released were when he was was 12-14, if you saw pictures of him as he was when he was shot  you would have known something was amiss. He had a scraggly beard of sorts and was alot bigger than George Zimmerman.

Are you serious? This is a legitimate reason to shoot someone dead?  

[/QUOTE]
    It is if he is beating the hell out of you, No?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to RallyC's comment:

In response to russgriswold's comment:

In response to sportsbozo1's comment:

In response to APpats21's comment:

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Idiots.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to MelWitt's comment:

Russ...the reason so many idiots and cretins get on juries in Florida is because the state is full of idiots and cretins!. When was the last time you visited? The last time I was there was even before they elected that bald headed bug eyed fool who looks like a hare krishna without the robes and finger cymbals... anything above Miami is a freekin' frackin' human wasteland with isolated spots of humanity, mostly communities where retirees live.....it is scary to think places like it exist in the US...I feel bad for thinking and reasoning people stuck there, they must live terrified. ...That's must be why little deek GZ carried a gun...

"THIS IS MY RIFLE, THIS IS MY GUN"

"THIS IS FOR FIGHTING, THIS IS FOR FUN"

You are a trip!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to sportsbozo1's comment:

In response to APpats21's comment:

Idiots

Naaaww. Its just emotionally charged man.  The case is settled. Not Guilty. EOS. Its all good. Its tough when a 17-yr old kid dies every time. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]

Sorry but just so you know Trayvon was 17 at the time of his ultimate demise and the pictures the family released were when he was was 12-14, if you saw pictures of him as he was when he was shot  you would have known something was amiss. He had a scraggly beard of sorts and was alot bigger than George Zimmerman.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

While I tend to believe there was some kind of confrontation, I'm not convinced it wasn't started by Zimmerman.  There's no clear evidence either way. It's a "he said, she said" thing, except one of the two parties is dead and can't speak. 

Still, there was no reason for any of this to happen.  Zimmerman merely had to turn away and he had ample opportunity to do so.  We know Zimmerman had convicted the kid in his head based solely on the kid's appearance, was following the kid in his car, got out of his car, and had a gun.  Seems to me that there's a strong likelihood that Zimmerman was playing rambo.  Martin may have attacked him feeling threatened or may himself have acted in self defense if Zimmerman attacked Martin first.  We can't know that . . . but I do know with 100% certainty that this all could have been avoided if Zimmerman had turned away.  I do blame Zimmerman for that.  Not guilty maybe, but certainly responsible for the death of an innocent 17 year old. 

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

While I tend to believe there was some kind of confrontation, I'm not convinced it wasn't started by Zimmerman.  There's no clear evidence either way. It's a "he said, she said" thing, except one of the two parties is dead and can't speak. 

Still, there was no reason for any of this to happen.  Zimmerman merely had to turn away and he had ample opportunity to do so.  We know Zimmerman had convicted the kid in his head based solely on the kid's appearance, was following the kid in his car, got out of his car, and had a gun.  Seems to me that there's a strong likelihood that Zimmerman was playing rambo.  Martin may have attacked him feeling threatened or may himself have acted in self defense if Zimmerman attacked Martin first.  We can't know that . . . but I do know with 100% certainty that this all could have been avoided if Zimmerman had turned away.  I do blame Zimmerman for that.  Not guilty maybe, but certainly responsible for the death of an innocent 17 year old. 

[/QUOTE]

Martin has not been innocent since Chester was a pup !!!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

[/QUOTE]
    What we believe individually vs what the jury had as credible evidence to decide over are waaaay different situations. I agree it could have been avoided, but we must consider that Multiple robberies had taken place recently in that very complex. GZ is neighborhood watch. Its a terribly difficult scenario to evaluate without real evidence. The jury feels GZ was being a concerned citisen. its the difference between what each of us would do under the same circumstances. There is not a definitive answer. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to TSWFAN's comment:

Martin has not been innocent since Chester was a pup !!!!!

[/QUOTE]
    Probably correct, based on his history. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[/QUOTE]
    What we. Elie e individually vs what the jury had as credible evidence to decide over are waaaay different situations. I agree it could have been avoided, but we must consider that. Multiple robberies had taken place recently in that very complex. GZ is neighborhood watch. Its a terribly difficult scenario to evaluate without real evidence. The jury feels GZ was being a concerned citisen. its the difference between what each of us would do under the same circumstances. There is not a definitive answer. 

[/QUOTE]

Technically, the jury makes no such judgment.  It simply says there was not enough evidence to convict.  Whether Zimmerman was a acting as a concerned citizen or not isn't really the issue. 

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Z

How do you know and why do you keep saying he was an innocent 17yo?

How do you know he wasn't planning another burglary and acting suspicious in doing so?

He was suspended because of marihuana and was found to be in possession of stolen items that matched the items in the burglary.  The school he was attending covered up the crime on an attempt to decrease the amount of crime (falsely and artificially) reported by their district.

http://theconservativetreehouse.com/2013/05/01/m-dspd-cover-up-the-curious-case-of-trayvon-martins-backpack-with-stolen-jewelry-and-burglary-tool/

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Basically, if I want to kill you in Florida, I just have to threaten you and if you react to my threat with physical force, I can shoot you and claim I was defending myself.  It's just absurd.

Obviously you have a real issue discerning between words and physical assault (caused by a warped political agenda).

Do you EVER deviate from the "party line"?

Obviously if someone reacts to words with physical force, a physical response is warranted to defend oneself.

What were you expecting, that when Zimmerman threatens and then when Martin attacks in response Zimmerman should just let the guy beat on him?

You are the absurd one.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxxcrwn. Show xxxcrwn's posts

You stated you didn't know the facts, so let me fill you in. GZ asked him what he was doing. TM runs off & escapses. It's over at that point. TM decides he's going to teach GZ a lesson. He escalates by doubling back & attacking. Those are the facts as they were laid out in the trial.

Do you know what "The Knockout Game" is? It's a game where people go ahead & jack someone out of the blue, then brag about it & post it on social media. It happens a lot in this country, but the MSM media doesn't want to cover it because it doesn't fit the liberal agenda. Read the link below to catch up to speed.

http://online.wsj.com/article/APa2d6bf76647e475a9d4576667abf4dda.html

NEWSFLASH: it's a free country!  If some stranger asked what I was doing I'd tell him to mind his business aka go screw yourself. Except I wouldn't use the word screw. Get it?  Good.

You're basically admitting ZImmerman asked a black kid what he was doing because he is black. That's what you're doing. Otherswise, this Zimmerman dork has no business asking anyone anyting since he's not a police officer.

[/QUOTE]

Nobody said he asked him because he was black, he asked him because he was acting suspiciously. Way back when this all started there were reports that TM may have been casing houses. Someone reported seeing someone looking in windows that night. The neighborhood had a lot of recent break-ins. Some guy that appears to be trying to hide his identity & is acting suspisciously gets asked a question. Why didn't he just say walking back to my dad's place? There were reports from Miami that tell of TM in possession of stolen goods, & another one for burgulary tools.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to GEAUX-TIGRES' comment:

With no bias, I can clearly ask how did Travon know Z had a gun until they were grappling on the ground. How did Z threaten this young man? Believe that Twas the first to ask a question. No one was there to see what actual evolved and what's with these prosecutions aiming for the sky and getting nothing? They changed their position 3 times during the course of the trial, even having Travon on top of Z in a final ditch effort. I don't get it. From the evidence, I found him not guilty and six women, maybe with children of their own, acquitted him.

With Martin dead and no witness who saw the whole encounter, we can't know.  What we do know is that Zimmerman was carrying a gun, thought Martin was a criminal, followed Martin in his car, and at some point got out of his car.  Martin was unarmed and there is no evidence at all that he was doing anything wrong when Zimmerman decided to pursue him. 

Zimmerman suffered some injuries, but what we can't know for sure is who started the scuffle that left Zimmerman with some minor injuries and Martin with a bullet through his heart. Regardless, it seems absolutely clear to me that if Zimmerman had not pursued Martin with a gun none of this would have happened.  

So, you're saying Zimmerman was wrong to pursue him. Okay. Whatever crime that is he should be prosecuted for that. But saying he murdered a guy who attacked him physically is ridiculous. And that's what you have been saying.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to pezz4pats' comment:
    [QUOTE]

I

Z

How do you know and why do you keep saying he was an innocent 17yo?

How do you know he wasn't planning another burglary and acting suspicious in doing so?

There is absolutely no evidence whatsoever that Martin was committing a crime or planning to commit a crime at the time Zimmerman shot him?  Whether or not he had done something bad in the past is completely irrelevant. 

As far as what was in his backpack at school, it has no bearing on this particular event.  And, in fact, the Boston Globe reported this about the jewelry:

SANFORD, Fla.—Women's jewelry and a watch found in Trayvon Martin's school backpack last fall could not be tied to any reported thefts, the Miami-Dade Police Department said Tuesday.

The conservative web site you refer to does not seem to be a very reliable source, but even if Martin had broken the law in the past, it's completely irrelevant to what happened when he was shot because there's no evidence at all that he was committing a crime then.   

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

This does make the acquittal just (technically) because there is no evidence to condradict Zimmerman's story.

Yeah, that's how it is. You actually have to show evidence and prove the defendant guilty. That's not a "technicality", it's how justice works.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

[QUOTE]

In response to GEAUX-TIGRES' comment:

With no bias, I can clearly ask how did Travon know Z had a gun until they were grappling on the ground. How did Z threaten this young man? Believe that Twas the first to ask a question. No one was there to see what actual evolved and what's with these prosecutions aiming for the sky and getting nothing? They changed their position 3 times during the course of the trial, even having Travon on top of Z in a final ditch effort. I don't get it. From the evidence, I found him not guilty and six women, maybe with children of their own, acquitted him.

With Martin dead and no witness who saw the whole encounter, we can't know.  What we do know is that Zimmerman was carrying a gun, thought Martin was a criminal, followed Martin in his car, and at some point got out of his car.  Martin was unarmed and there is no evidence at all that he was doing anything wrong when Zimmerman decided to pursue him. 

Zimmerman suffered some injuries, but what we can't know for sure is who started the scuffle that left Zimmerman with some minor injuries and Martin with a bullet through his heart. Regardless, it seems absolutely clear to me that if Zimmerman had not pursued Martin with a gun none of this would have happened.  

So, you're saying Zimmerman was wrong to pursue him. Okay. Whatever crime that is he should be prosecuted for that. But saying he murdered a guy who attacked him physically is ridiculous. And that's what you have been saying.

[/QUOTE]

We don't know what happened.  We only have Zimmerman's version of the story, which a lot of people seem to take as gospel truth.  As I've said, I think the jury was right to acquit because of the lack of evidence, but that doesn't mean that Zimmerman is being truthful.  What is clear to me is that Zimmerman didn't really need to follow Martin or get out of his car with his gun.  By doing that, he seemed to spark a chain of (unclear) events that led to Martin's death.  I can't say whether Zimmerman was legitimately acting in self defense or not when he shot Martin. Neither can anyone else honestly, because none of us was there.  I do know for sure, though, that none of this would have happened if Zimmerman had not followed Martin, and personally, I find his following Martin while armed troubling.  It's not illegal, but I think it should be.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to xxxcrwn's comment:

You stated you didn't know the facts, so let me fill you in. GZ asked him what he was doing. TM runs off & escapses. It's over at that point. TM decides he's going to teach GZ a lesson. He escalates by doubling back & attacking. Those are the facts as they were laid out in the trial.

Do you know what "The Knockout Game" is? It's a game where people go ahead & jack someone out of the blue, then brag about it & post it on social media. It happens a lot in this country, but the MSM media doesn't want to cover it because it doesn't fit the liberal agenda. Read the link below to catch up to speed.

NEWSFLASH: it's a free country!  If some stranger asked what I was doing I'd tell him to mind his business aka go screw yourself. Except I wouldn't use the word screw. Get it?  Good.

You're basically admitting ZImmerman asked a black kid what he was doing because he is black. That's what you're doing. Otherswise, this Zimmerman dork has no business asking anyone anyting since he's not a police officer.

Nobody said he asked him because he was black, he asked him because he was acting suspiciously. Way back when this all started there were reports that TM may have been casing houses. Someone reported seeing someone looking in windows that night. The neighborhood had a lot of recent break-ins. Some guy that appears to be trying to hide his identity & is acting suspisciously gets asked a question. Why didn't he just say walking back to my dad's place? There were reports from Miami that tell of TM in possession of stolen goods, & another one for burgulary tools.

[/QUOTE]

None of these rumours about Martin's possible bad behaviour make him a criminal.  Innocent until proven guilty applies to Martin every bit as much as it does to Zimmerman.  And Martin hasn't been charged with any crime, nor did he shoot anyone through the heart. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxxcrwn. Show xxxcrwn's posts

The prosecution had to prove there wasn't adequate provocation by TM for any of the charges to stick. They couldn't. He was the escalator & aggressor. This trial was driven by politics & greed. The fallout from the fact it went to trial with no possible chance of conviction, short of bribing the jurors, is going to be immense. The judge's actions, the state attorney, the prosecuting attorney all knew they had no case, but they went forward with the intent to cheat their way to victory. The state attorney gets indicted, then fires Ben Kruidbos the whistle-blower on Friday. Angela Corey's trial is going to be very interesting, & you can bet they will call Ben Kruidbos to the stand to testify for the prosecution. Oh, the NAACP wants to get involved now. They are crying civil rights violation. What civil rights violation? Something they just made like you have the right to jack someone with no consequences?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxxcrwn. Show xxxcrwn's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

None of these rumours about Martin's possible bad behaviour make him a criminal.  Innocent until proven guilty applies to Martin every bit as much as it does to Zimmerman.  And Martin hasn't been charged with any crime, not did he shoot anyone through the heart. 

[/QUOTE]

What rumors? They are all fact. There are case files to back it all up. As for TM, the last time I checked jumping someone & attacking them is a crime. If he had survived he would have been charged.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

What we. Elie e individually vs what the jury had as credible evidence to decide over are waaaay different situations. I agree it could have been avoided, but we must consider that. Multiple robberies had taken place recently in that very complex. GZ is neighborhood watch. Its a terribly difficult scenario to evaluate without real evidence. The jury feels GZ was being a concerned citisen. its the difference between what each of us would do under the same circumstances. There is not a definitive answer. 

[/QUOTE]

Technically, the jury makes no such judgment.  It simply says there was not enough evidence to convict.  Whether Zimmerman was a acting as a concerned citizen or not isn't really the issue. 

[/QUOTE]
    Yeah, you are right. What I should have said is that the jury felt that GZ has the right to follow anyone he wants to while on public property and without the need for any reason. Good point! 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

None of these rumours about Martin's possible bad behaviour make him a criminal.  Innocent until proven guilty applies to Martin every bit as much as it does to Zimmerman.  And Martin hasn't been charged with any crime, not did he shoot anyone through the heart. 

[/QUOTE]

What rumors? They are all fact. There are case files to back it all up. As for TM, the last time I checked jumping someone & attacking them is a crime. If he had survived he would have been charged.

[/QUOTE]

Was Martin ever tried and convicted of anything?  No.  And if Martin was still alive, maybe Martin would have told us a different story from Zimmerman.  Just because Zimmerman told us he was attacked doesn't mean he really was attacked.  Martin might have told us that Zimmerman attacked him and he fought back in self-defense.  If both parties were alive I'm sure both would be claiming self-defense and the evidence would be just as weak.  You couldn't convict Zimmerman on it and you probably couldn't convict Martin on it.  Just because the evidence was too weak to convict Zimmerman doesn't mean that Martin was convicted of anything.  Get that straight.  The court didn't determine that Martin attacked Zimmerman.  All it determined was there was not enough evidence to prove that Zimmerman wasn't acting in self-defense as he claimed.