George Zimmerman Verdict

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re: George Zimmerman Verdict

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

Hey Babe, I've always liked you and Rusty both even when we disagree vehemently.  Thin skinned people probably should find different places to talk than the internet.  It's kind of a culture of argumentation. Really there are only about two posters I actually dislike, mostly because I think they truly are hate filled.  That's not you though.  You're just kind of grumpy. 

Honestly, you might not know it today, but I kind of like this Rally guy too.

I think you're a good guy pro, you're smart (but not wise), and you mean well. But obviously I see your objectivity on politics severely tainted by affiliations. But then, the same can be said of the  majority of people. I'm pretty sure the world would work better if blind ideological loyalty didn't permeate the landscape.  

Rally has been becoming a worthwhile contributor by the day.

And don't get me wrong. I don't dislike Rusty. But he is without question an idiot.

Confronting nonsense should not be seen as being grumpy.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

I like Canada.  Haven't been up there in a while.   I don't need to go though.  All the Canadians my age are with me here in Florida!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

In response to RallyC's comment:

Dude, you are simply bizzarre. Re-read what you are saying here. What are you? Some kind of wanna be CULT leader? You got Rusty already....Look out Bostate, he's coming for ya! Just, go smoke more of your homegrown. Ain't it dark up there yet....EH?!

Hey Rally, it's light longerin the north in summer.  When you take that sixth grade civics course, maybe swing by the geography class too. 

OH and Prolate, Congratulations man! You and Rusty think exactly alike. Feeling pretty good? Seriously, you da man! What's that tell ya, you stupid fool?!!! Who needs a mirror when you have that kinda reflection? LMFAO@U

Let me enlighten you with a little history Rally.

Prolate used to be one of the top 3-4 Rusty busters on the board. I mean he was opposed to almost everything the guy said. Fairly polite, but definitely opposed. Then there was a political thread one day and he realized the nutjob was a fellow liberal political ho. Pretty much ever since then he has handled Rusty with kid gloves. At first I was puzzled with the big change, but shortly after I had a eureka moment.

Hey, it's a free country, but I just wanted to give you a window into his values. Not even honest football talk comes between him and his political whoreism.

Hey Babe, I've always liked you and Rusty both even when we disagree vehemently.  Thin skinned people probably should find different places to talk than the internet.  It's kind of a culture of argumentation. Really there are only about two posters I actually dislike, mostly because I think they truly are hate filled.  That's not you though.  You're just kind of grumpy. 

Alright, good enough then. I say we all just move on from this thread and chalk it all up to an upheaval of opinions mixed with emotions, that Babe and I were of course right on! Me? I use to be partial to Lebatts Blue, as I'm sure you get Prolate, but a Sam Adams would certainly do! Peace, man.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to bostatewarrior's comment:

I like Canada.  Haven't been up there in a while.   I don't need to go though.  All the Canadians my age are with me here in Florida!

Bostate, thanks for the intervention. As you see, it kinda poured a little water on the heat, and gave us all a way out of this one!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

I think you're a good guy pro, you're smart (but not wise), and you mean well. But obviously I see your objectivity on politics severely tainted by affiliations. But then, the same can be said of the  majority of people. I'm pretty sure the world would work better if blind ideological loyalty didn't permeate the landscape.  

Rally has been becoming a worthwhile contributor by the day.

And don't get me wrong. I don't dislike Rusty. But he is without question an idiot.

Confronting nonsense should not be seen as being grumpy.

I kind of laughed when you called yourself a liberal Republican.  You know Bill Weld (the last liberal Republican alive) was one of my favourites.  You think I'm some lind of "party ho" but the only party I ever joined was the Greens, which lasted about two weeks until I realized they were mostly crazy and that the idea of making every decision by consensus and having no leaders in order to be more democratc meant nothing could ever get done.  I kind of liked their policies, but they were so far out in la-la-land when it came to pragmatic action, that I came to kind of hate them.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Ha . . . how true that is. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

Bostate, thanks for the intervention. As you see, it kinda poured a little water on the heat, and gave us all a way out of this one!

It wasn't my intention when I weighed in, but I happy it worked out that way!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

I kind of laughed when you called yourself a liberal Republican.  You know Bill Weld (the last liberal Republican alive) was one of my favourites.  You think I'm some lind of "party ho" but the only party I ever joined was the Greens, which lasted about two weeks until I realized they were mostly crazy and that the idea of making every decision by consensus and having no leaders in order to be more democratc meant nothing could ever get done.  I kind of liked their policies, but they were so far out in la-la-land when it came to pragmatic action, that I came to kind of hate them.

I am a proponent of letting states decide most of these things for themselves. Nobody likes it when things they don't believe in are shoved down their throats. The Founding Fathers were brilliant men in their time. Far more brilliant than any of the hacks that call themselves politicians today. They put an awesome system in place for us and foolishly we insist on supporting the expansion of federal power. It is a recipe for disaster and has gone a long way in making the entire country vehemently divided.

The BIG problem is that too many people want to impose their view on others that just don't agree with them. And that can be said of both sides of the aisle. Trying to homogenize the entire country is clearly a recipe for disaster.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NotPickinPeyton. Show NotPickinPeyton's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

In response to APpats21's comment:

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

What part of fla? I moved to the fort myers area 3 months ago.... Hoping to find more Boston SPorts fans here.... LOL

Not enough evidence to convict.  I don't know if he was guilty or not.

You live in Florida right? What is being said over there?

I'm in Mass right now.  I am moving to FL permanently next month.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Inokea4coolaid. Show Inokea4coolaid's posts

The BIG problem is that too many people want to impose their view on others that just don't agree with them. And that can be said of both sides of the aisle. Trying to homogenize the entire country is clearly a recipe for disaster.

yep.  some posters think they're doing their doody when they try to do this.  More often than not, they're posers who have no true conviction in what they say and  are hypocrites.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NotPickinPeyton. Show NotPickinPeyton's posts

What I find troubling is that you can apparently pursue an unarmed person with a gun in Florida and if they fight back when you approach them with your gun, you can shoot them and claim self-defense.  From what I've read, based on Florida law and the lack of proof that Zimmerman hadn't acted in "self-defense", they had to acquit this guy, but the law is absurd in my opinion.  Basically, if I want to kill you in Florida, I just have to threaten you and if you react to my threat with physical force, I can shoot you and claim I was defending myself.  It's just absurd.

Martin was unarmed and was clearly approached by an armed man.  The fact that Martin may have fought back to defend himself makes the other guy able to claim self-defense after shooting Martin through the heart?  Wow.  

My recommendation is that NEXT time you refrain from typing and maybe some will think you are not ignorant.

"Z" was headed back to his truck once he was told not to follow .... "T" came back ( agressively) to him.... and "T" actually threw the first punch upon returning back to where "Z" was.... once "Z" was on the gorund he proceeeded to jump on him and continue to pummel him.... 

"Z" was wrong for having followed him in the first place... but he had a "Concealed carry" permit and can carry his gun anywhere he wants.  He followed the kid... but then stopped...   this 17 yr old 200# Man "COULD" have just continued in the shadows back to his home... but he chose to come back and show the world he was a BIG MAN...

They both made mistakes.... and had "ZX" not had his gun- he would be dead today instead...  The ONLY reason this was such a big deal is because when Jesse JAckson and Sharpton saw the name Zimmerman they were sure it was a rich white JEW and made the nurder accusation.... and the BIGGOT patrol started.

He is a hispanic male, who was protecting his neighborhood from "ANY" marauders....  He had a gun with him, and because of it... he is alive today...

"T" was NOT a great young man... he had his trevails.... nothing to die for.... but when you jump on another man and are pummeling him... OH WELL... he has a right to save his life.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NotPickinPeyton. Show NotPickinPeyton's posts

In response to jimmytantric's comment:

NOPE... "Martin" was not acting in self-defense.  Self defense is when you are protecting yourself for the attack of another.  "Z" was following MArtin... agreed.... but he had not taken any agressive actions towards him that are even begun to be shown.  Nothing from the police tape... he says "OKAY" whent hey tell him to stop following trayvon....  

Nothing agressive....

When Trayvon comes back... the only semi- eye witness says Trayvon thre the first punch... and that he was on top of "Z" pummmeling him....

If it wwerr not for the gun.... NO one would give a hoot that Zimmerman had just been murdered.... he does not loook like the presidents boy.... and he does not have the Nationnnal asscoiation for the advancement of Biggotry on his side,

What I find troubling is that you can apparently pursue an unarmed person with a gun in Florida and if they fight back when you approach them with your gun, you can shoot them and claim self-defense.  From what I've read, based on Florida law and the lack of proof that Zimmerman hadn't acted in "self-defense", they had to acquit this guy, but the law is absurd in my opinion.  Basically, if I want to kill you in Florida, I just have to threaten you and if you react to my threat with physical force, I can shoot you and claim I was defending myself.  It's just absurd.

Martin was unarmed and was clearly approached by an armed man.  The fact that Martin may have fought back to defend himself makes the other guy able to claim self-defense after shooting Martin through the heart?  Wow.  

You make a good point --it is absurd the way the law reads. Thats why I live in Idaho. Besides Florida there are other states I would nevr live in Like Texas and Calif. In Idaho a lot of people have weapons so people pretty much don't start stupid sh-t or do a lot of home break-ins because they know what's behind those doors!!!!

If Zimmerman was acting in self-defense, wasn't Martin also acting in self-defense?  It seems like Florida law simply favours the person with the better weapon . . . last man standing wins.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxxcrwn. Show xxxcrwn's posts

A good view & much closer to the truth than most recaps. The only thing left out is the prosecutions misconduct & Rachael Jeantel stating TM's gay bashing of an "As* Cracker" who is creepy.

http://gopthedailydose.com/2013/07/22/afterburner-w-bill-whittle-the-lynching/

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

In response to Brady2Welker47's comment:

Brady2Welker47

I'm in law enforcement and I completely agree with Prolate...No one can argue the fact that if Zimmerman would have heeded to the words of the REAL Police to not engage ..that someone's 17 year old son would be alive today...Now there is a person DEAD and no reprocussions for Zimmerman...although trial was handled well the outcome does not seem just...

This is the the problem with Cops---and you are indicitive of the problem-you speak as though you are not a human being and think because you put on a Cop suit that you are powerful--I for one cant stand cops and many feel the same way-BTW-I've known cops and the way they call people scum they may want to look in the mirror--Cops SUK

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

This is for all the haters of George Zimmerman: George Zimmerman rescued a whole family just last week, while you were claiming him to be a criminal. If you don't believe me go to ABC.com and check for yourselves. He has no hate in his heart! Only you do!!!what a bunch of losers you folks are!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

In response to jimmytantric's comment:

In response to Brady2Welker47's comment:

Brady2Welker47

I'm in law enforcement and I completely agree with Prolate...No one can argue the fact that if Zimmerman would have heeded to the words of the REAL Police to not engage ..that someone's 17 year old son would be alive today...Now there is a person DEAD and no reprocussions for Zimmerman...although trial was handled well the outcome does not seem just...

This is the the problem with Cops---and you are indicitive of the problem-you speak as though you are not a human being and think because you put on a Cop suit that you are powerful--I for one cant stand cops and many feel the same way-BTW-I've known cops and the way they call people scum they may want to look in the mirror--Cops SUK

I keep being amazed that people do not look at the trial evidence before they make an opinion

The trial evidence is that Z "did stop" when told that " we don't need you to do that"          Z didn't need a real cop - he stopped

The 1st half of the 911 was about Z identifying M until they had lost contact with each other ( per the 911 Tape and RJ testimony),  and the second part that Z was trying to meet the cops- which he asked for twice - 

And I don't think Z did anything wrong - and until there is evidence that there is - I won't believe he did -- Walking up and down my own sidewalk with a little key ring flash light in the blackness is not some unbelievable act of aggression and I woyldn't expect someone who was running away to come back at me.

M had 4 minutes to get home 30-40 seconds away. Listen to the alternate Juror E54 that said that based upon where M and Z were moving that M had to be followwing Z to the T area ( i'm paraphrasing), and from what I understood M was coming from the direction of where M lived-

It was flight or fight -  and M didn't chose what everyone would normally do

And why would M fight - who knows - but RJ did put a poisonous thought into M's head that Z may be a rapist ( (a boy raper) and rape M and his little brother, So maybe, maybe M went back to put a whooppem (an RJ term) on a gay boy rapist

Also per RJ it was M who first spoke to Z who asked Z "What's your  problem" (paraphrase) So if he couldn't have been too scared to come at Z and it is beyond belief that M attacked a man whoi had a gun out.

Also - Fla also has civil rights laws and the judge ruled there wasn't any evidence of Z violating them- (and did you see the black woman who testified and who had started the neighborhood watch groups speak about Z?)

The only good thing out of this tragic event is to remind me that blacks and others are over profiled too often and that sentences for blacks are more severe than whites for the same crimes. The problem is that this case in fact isn't the right case to make the point. And I have heard that from very liberal lawyers like Dershowitz ,and Ted ? on Greta, and Leo Turrell ( names maybe wrong but are big time black lawyers).

One problem is to define appropriate profiling - and that needs a debate. - It is somewhere between - ' not idntifying race or sex of a suspect and suing the cops if they do (like nitwits running for NYC mayor) and any black person walking down the street.

But not here - i just want to go back to discussing RK, BB, TB, the offense, the defense and can we win a SB?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to xxxcrwn's comment:

A good view & much closer to the truth than most recaps. The only thing left out is the prosecutions misconduct & Rachael Jeantel stating TM's gay bashing of an "As* Cracker" who is creepy.

http://gopthedailydose.com/2013/07/22/afterburner-w-bill-whittle-the-lynching/

That was excellent.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

New subject: Do Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton have any redeeming qualities ?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

God bless S&W and Springfield Armory.

I encourage everyone to apply for a CWP and carry proud.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

In response to TSWFAN's comment:

New subject: Do Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton have any redeeming qualities ?

No neither of them are credible human beings. What they lack in personal character, they make up for with their own beliefs of their self worth! Useless as Teets on a bull the pair of them.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

This guy must be a racist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9s900vZr_k

http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff6/babeparilli/gif_193x113_39ce6f_zps83b8ca29.gif?t=1373985234

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxxcrwn. Show xxxcrwn's posts

This guy must be a racist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9s900vZr_k

There have been a few AA's who have come out & said this same thing, but most still blame everyone else for a cultural issue that is of their own making.

I read some of the autopsy report a few days ago. Slight brain damage & liver damage, now being attributed to DXM abuse.

Sections
Shortcuts