George Zimmerman Verdict

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

Re: George Zimmerman Verdict

In response to RallyC's comment:

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

Again, quite simply, if Zimmerman hadn't been carrying a weapon and playing cop, this death would have never happened.

Again, quite simply, if TM had not physically attacked GZ this death would not have happened.

Whatever mistakes Martin may have made, Zimmerman made the first. 

Not true. If GZ hadn't been legally carrying a gun, then TM may have beaten GZ and left him for dead. TM beat GZ, THEN GZ shot TM IN SELF DEFENSE. I see where you are coming from though! You, like your Canadian bretheren, think that GZ should've minded his own business and turned the other way when he saw a suspicious person in his neighborhood where crime is outta control. YUP, lets not get involved. Like you did! You didn't believe in fighting for your own freedom, so instead moved to Canada so that you didn't have to and let us AMERICANS make sure you get to be free. You didn't want to get involved, huh? Sorry dude, GZ was "NOT GUILTY" of ANYTHING WRONG. And you can't change that. Are you really as ignorant as you are trying to be?

Do you understand what NOT GUILTY verdict means? 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Again, quite simply, if Zimmerman hadn't been carrying a weapon and playing cop, this death would have never happened.

Again, quite simply, if TM had not physically attacked GZ this death would not have happened.

Not true. If GZ hadn't been legally carrying a gun, then TM may have beaten GZ and left him for dead. TM beat GZ, THEN GZ shot TM IN SELF DEFENSE. I see where you are coming from though! You, like your Canadian bretheren, think that GZ should've minded his own business and turned the other way when he saw a suspicious person in his neighborhood where crime is outta control. YUP, lets not get involved. Like you did! You didn't believe in fighting for your own freedom, so instead moved to Canada so that you didn't have to and let us AMERICANS make sure you get to be free. You didn't want to get involved, huh? Sorry dude, GZ was "NOT GUILTY" of ANYTHING WRONG. And you can't change that. Are you really as ignorant as you are trying to be?

You really are deadset on proving the stereotype that football players are dumb, aren't you?  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

You really are deadset on proving the stereotype that football players are dumb, aren't you?  

Damn man! I didnt realize that YOU played football too! That would explain it, because you, Sir, are a genuine idiot with zero grasp of reality. Now, dont you have some peace signs to be drawing.....EH? 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to russgriswold's comment:

In response to seattlepat70's comment:

How exactly could TM have attacked GZ if GZ kept away from TM... just as he was told by the 911 operator?

His decision to engage TM within physical reach, while carrying a gun, was what led to the situation that caused someone to die. I doubt he would have gotten that close if he did not carry that gun. 

Or leave his car. Who seriously, thinks they are a cop, carrying a gun, without a badge, stalking civilians and then leaves the car to approach random people in the streets?

It's disturbing reading people defend this kind of activity. 

Russ. He won the case and it was proven in court that what he did was legal. Smart? Common? No. But he felt compelled to ask TM what he was doing in the rain, late at night, leering into windows, as he walked off the beaten path through GZs neighborhood where crime was rampant. He did Nothing wrong. The Jury validated it. Now why not just accept the truth man? Dont believe the TV hype. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Really? What mistake was that?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

You are free to disagree of course and many of you obviously do.  But please, Babe and RallyC, cut the silly name-calling and please read what I'm saying more carefully.  Your responses don't speak highly of either your reading comprehension or, I'm afraid, your maturity. 

I didn't call you a name.

I'm afraid both my reading comprehension and maturity exceed yours exceedingly.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

deleted

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to seattlepat70's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

How exactly could TM have attacked GZ if GZ kept away from TM... just as he was told by the 911 operator?

His decision to engage TM within physical reach, while carrying a gun, was what led to the situation that caused someone to die. I doubt he would have gotten that close if he did not carry that gun. 

[/QUOTE]

Oh, I get it. GZ needed to "stay out of arms reach of TM" or he was in the wrong.

Well, that makes perfect sense...........  in da da land.

So, we should all stay out of each other's reach or being physically attacked is okay?

Alrighty then. Take two prozac and call me in the morning.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

You are free to disagree of course and many of you obviously do.  But please, Babe and RallyC, cut the silly name-calling and please read what I'm saying more carefully.  Your responses don't speak highly of either your reading comprehension or, I'm afraid, your maturity. 

[/QUOTE]
    I tried to use patience with you. You broke me with your persistence at proving you're an idiot. Bottom line: GZ proven in court innocent and did nothing illegal. Drop it. 

[/QUOTE]

What the hell are you talking about? I am agreeing with you. LMAO

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

If Zimmerman didn't leave his car AFTER calling 911, approaching TM, which his own defense team admitted what was what happened, then your above statement would be correct.

"Quite simply", it is not normal behavior for citizens to think they are the police, when they are not.

[/QUOTE]

What is so hard for you to grasp dumbkoff that walking up to somebody and asking questions doesn't warrant being physically assaulted?

I know you're slow, but even a dim bulb like you should be able to understand this one.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Zimmerman made an assumption about Martin being engaged in criminal activity, which was, to the extent we know, completely wrong.

Wrong. He "suspected" criminal activity. BIG difference.

In the end, a fatal confrontation occured that never would have occured had Zimmerman (1) not made his assumption about Martin,

He didn't.

(2) not began following him,

Just as TM was free to roam the neighborhood, GZ was free to follow him.

and (3) not been armed with a pistol.

He legally carried the gun.

Guilt or innocence aside, from a public policy perspective, I think it's very problematic that items 1, 2, and 3 above are all not only allowed but to some degree encouraged and lauded by a fairly significant segment of the American population (including many on this board). 

Well, your thoughts have already be shown to lack reason numerous times in this thread and others by moi.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

I tried to use patience with you. You broke me with your persistence at proving you're an idiot. Bottom line: GZ proven in court innocent and did nothing illegal. Drop it. 

LMAO!!!! Sorry BABE!  Meant for Prolate! Not you, man......HAHAHA!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

[QUOTE]

There's  some funny logic here where people claim  Martin is acting badly if he punched Zimmerman (causing minor injuries) but Zimmerman is fine  to shoot Martin causing death.  There's also a lot of acceptance of Zimmerman's story as unquestionable truth.  I can't say whether he's telling the truth or lying, but he certainly has a motive to lie and not tell the truth if he did attack Martin first.  And Martin's been silenced permanently so we can't hear his side of the story which may be very different from Zimmerman's.  

I mean really?  Aren't you just a little skeptical of Zimmerman given the circumstances?  Or did you believe OJ too when he said that cut he had was from a broken glass?  

Zimmerman had a fractured nose, bruised eyeballs, and 2 deep lacerations in the back of his head which required stitches. How is that minor?

[/QUOTE]

Obviously those injuries are severe and having incurred such GM was well justified in expecting even worse was coming his way.

But it is pointless to argue with these liberals. When something falls in their ideological wheelhouse no insanity is beneath them.

But it is worthwhile to respond and refute so those who may be viewing are not influenced by their compulsion to dishonesty due to their toeing the party line at all costs.

No facts or reason will convince "them". Response is simply to mitigate the damage to opinion their misguided ravings might cause.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

What right does Zimmertool have to ask any free American any questions whatsoever of what they are doing walking down the street?

He has every right to do that.

It's not his place to do that, which is why he called the police. He provoked the attack by clearly acting in such a way that made Martin react in defense of himself.

Wrong. Following somebody and asking questions is not provoking an attack. You're a nutjob. He called the police and as usual they did NOTHING. That's why the neighborhood watches exist dumbkoff.

Would you seriously answer to some 5'7 toad asking you questions, in a free country, about why you are where and where are you going?

He didn't have to answer his questions. He could have just kept on his merry way to bring the candy home without instead attacking GZ and causing serious injury.

Maybe you are so brainwashed and stupid, you would, but there is no way on god's green earth, I would.  I'd tell him to mind his business and get back in his car, which might very well be what Martin said to him, which provoked the gun to be drawn.

Face it, this tool thought he was an authority.

Now you're doing what you do best. Making things up.

I don't know if he thought he was an authority or not. But that's what neighborhood watch people do. They approach suspected persons and that gets the word out that suspicious activity is being watched and confronted.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

LMAO!!!! Wrong fool! Meant for Prolate! No you Babe......HAHAHA!

Get your shyte together you fool! LMAO

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

[QUOTE]

LMAO!!!! Wrong fool! Meant for Prolate! No you Babe......HAHAHA!

Get your shyte together you fool! LMAO

[/QUOTE]

Roger That!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Really? What mistake was that?

[/QUOTE]

Carrying a gun when not competent to do so, for one . . . not illegal maybe, but definitely a mistake. Next was jumping to incorrect conclusions about someone and then acting on those incorrect conclusions in a way that created the possibility of a violent conflict with that person that resulted in your killing him.  Big mistakes in judgment which, in a saner country, would have made him culpable for what followed. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

There's  some funny logic here where people claim  Martin is acting badly if he punched Zimmerman (causing minor injuries) but Zimmerman is fine  to shoot Martin causing death.  There's also a lot of acceptance of Zimmerman's story as unquestionable truth.  I can't say whether he's telling the truth or lying, but he certainly has a motive to lie and not tell the truth if he did attack Martin first.  And Martin's been silenced permanently so we can't hear his side of the story which may be very different from Zimmerman's.  

I mean really?  Aren't you just a little skeptical of Zimmerman given the circumstances?  Or did you believe OJ too when he said that cut he had was from a broken glass?  

Zimmerman had a fractured nose, bruised eyeballs, and 2 deep lacerations in the back of his head which required stitches. How is that minor?

Obviously those injuries are severe and having incurred such GM was well justified in expecting even worse was coming his way.

But it is pointless to argue with these liberals. When something falls in their ideological wheelhouse no insanity is beneath them.

But it is worthwhile to respond and refute so those who may be viewing are not influenced by their compulsion to dishonesty due to their toeing the party line at all costs.

No facts or reason will convince "them". Response is simply to mitigate the damage to opinion their misguided ravings might cause.

They were so severe, Zimmerman declined to go to the hospital. 

Your misguided ravings are completely impotent . . . but George Zimmerman's irresponsible carrying of a weapon and his baseless suspicions directly led to a killing.  Of course, you don't think a killing is all that problematic.  You didn't think the Newtown shootings were all that big deal either.  Much rather protect the "right" of crazy people and incompetents to carry weapons around . . . 

Yep, yep . . . you really are the voice of reason . . . 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Damn man! I didnt realize that YOU played football too! That would explain it, because you, Sir, are a genuine idiot with zero grasp of reality. Now, dont you have some peace signs to be drawing.....EH? 

Ooohhh . .  big trash talker, aren't you?  Try growing up sometime.  You're not sixteen anymore.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Carrying a gun when not competent to do so, for one . . . not illegal maybe, but definitely a mistake.

Now you're just making things up like Rusty does. He was competent enough with the gun to shoot in the heart an assailant that had seriously injured him, right?

Next was jumping to incorrect conclusions about someone and then acting on those incorrect conclusions in a way that created the possibility of a violent conflict with that person that resulted in your killing him.  Big mistakes in judgment which, in a saner country, would have made him culpable for what followed. 

Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. His actions were what they were because he had not yet come to a conclusion.

Serious question: no offense intended: Have you been drinking the last couple of days?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

[QUOTE]

Ooohhh . .  big trash talker, aren't you?  Try growing up sometime.  You're not sixteen anymore.

[/QUOTE]

Hide Canadian, hide. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Carrying a gun when not competent to do so, for one . . . not illegal maybe, but definitely a mistake.

Now you're just making things up like Rusty does. He was competent enough with the gun to shoot in the heart an assailant that had seriously injured him, right?

That only proves he was incompetent to be be carrying a gun and playing cop.  A competent individual (like a well trained police officer) would never have let the situation deteriorate to the point where he shot an unarmed teenager who was, when initially approached, doing nothing more than walking home. 

Next was jumping to incorrect conclusions about someone and then acting on those incorrect conclusions in a way that created the possibility of a violent conflict with that person that resulted in your killing him.  Big mistakes in judgment which, in a saner country, would have made him culpable for what followed. 

Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. His actions were what they were because he had not yet come to a conclusion.

"These assh*les always get away"   That statement is just full of all sorts of incorrect assumptions and, yes, conclusions, the most obvious of which is Zimmerman's conclusion that Martin was an "assh*le."  

Serious question: no offense intended: Have you been drinking the last couple of days?

Have you ever thought outside your little box?  How's your family doing, by the way?  Wife and kids come by much anymore?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Hide Canadian, hide. 

[/QUOTE]

You got a thing about Canada?  Still gets your goat, doesn't it, that you had to come up here and play because you weren't good enough to play down there?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

They were so severe, Zimmerman declined to go to the hospital. 

His choice. Maybe he was a tough hombre. Doesn't change the fact that a broken nose, damaged eyes and lacerations are serious injuries.

Your misguided ravings are completely impotent . . .

To political hos, yes.

but George Zimmerman's irresponsible carrying of a weapon and his baseless suspicions directly led to a killing.

Wrong. TM attacking GZ led to a killing. You keep trying to excuse a physical attack in response to being followed and questioned and I'm not going to let you get away with that.

Of course, you don't think a killing is all that problematic.  You didn't think the Newtown shootings were all that big deal either.

Of course I think any killing is a big deal. I'm just not ready to lay blame where it doesn't belong like you so eagerly do.

Much rather protect the "right" of crazy people and incompetents to carry weapons around . . . 

Yep, yep . . . you really are the voice of reason . . . 

The voice of reason says if TM didn't attack somebody physically first, he would be alive today.

The voice of insanity says a person can physically attack someone who simply followed them and asked questions.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Hide Canadian, hide. 

You said you played in Canada. Didn't you like them fine folks up there?