George Zimmerman Verdict

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re: George Zimmerman Verdict

In response to agcsbill's comment:

(-;  ^

AGCSBill, just a fan havin' fun!!

Actually, I like Canadians. I've known a few pretty well. But at this point and probably to a lesser extent historically they have a BIG inferiority complex about the USA. As they should. After all, nobody on Earth cares what Canada thinks about anything.

So they sit up there, all cozy in their little cabins in the tundra, well aware that they have been protected for hundreds of years by their big bro to the south and haven't had to really deal with the bad boyz in the hood. So out of guilt and a feeling of insignificance they try to kid themselves that they have some sort of higher calling and are an elite group of progressive thinkers. It's the only way to mask their justifiable sense of simply being a leech upon the greatness of us.

They really are nice people, but they virtually all come with this built-in complex that always lies just below the surface.

I kid you not; most Canadians have feared for years and years that the US would invade them. Get to know a few and they will sheepishly admit that. Generally, that notion is kept among themselves. There is a tongue in cheek aspect to the perception, but a real aspect as well. Of course we wouldn't invade them. They aren't worth invading.

So prolate has just caught the disease from being up there so long. I don't harbor that nonsense.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

Well that at least was funny. Babe, however, can't seem to get past childish . . .

Nobody cares about your stupid "childish" defense tactic prolate. But knock yourself out with it. You might as well, since you can't win the debate with reason.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

It's "moot" not "mute" by the way. 

I know you're desperate at this point prolate, but don't stoop to Rusty's grammar/spelling gestapo tactics.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

In response to agcsbill's comment:

(-;  ^

AGCSBill, just a fan havin' fun!!

Actually, I like Canadians. I've known a few pretty well. But at this point and probably to a lesser extent historically they have a BIG inferiority complex about the USA. As they should. After all, nobody on Earth cares what Canada thinks about anything.

So they sit up there, all cozy in their little cabins in the tundra, well aware that they have been protected for hundreds of years by their big bro to the south and haven't had to really deal with the bad boyz in the hood. So out of guilt and a feeling of insignificance they try to kid themselves that they have some sort of higher calling and are an elite group of progressive thinkers. It's the only way to mask their justifiable sense of simply being a leech upon the greatness of us.

They really are nice people, but they virtually all come with this built-in complex that always lies just below the surface.

I kid you not; most Canadians have feared for years and years that the US would invade them. Get to know a few and they will sheepishly admit that. Generally, that notion is kept among themselves. There is a tongue in cheek aspect to the perception, but a real aspect as well. Of course we wouldn't invade them. They aren't worth invading.

So prolate has just caught the disease from being up there so long. I don't harbor that nonsense.

Babe, as you've heard, I lived up there and yes played ball up there for a while. I can tell you that at least once a month I was approached by American defectors who migrated North to escape responsibility. I also met some good, real Canadian citizens. The fact that it serves as a haven for cowards turns my stomach. Cant get past it. Now Prolate criticizes the very power that ensures his freedom from a home in Canada. Wow. I really cant stand the place. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]

Well that at least was funny. Babe, however, can't seem to get past childish . . .

Nobody cares about your stupid "childish" defense tactic prolate. But knock yourself out with it. You might as well, since you can't win the debate with reason.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, reason doesn't work so well with the pigheaded. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Glad you can see that in yourself. It's the first step toward a change for the better.

So, where were we? You wanted to change the laws so somebody who asked a stranger a question could be physically attacked and have no right to self defense, correct?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

[QUOTE]

I know you're desperate at this point prolate, but don't stoop to Rusty's grammar/spelling gestapo tactics.

[/QUOTE]

Come on Babe! Is it posible? You thinking what I'm thinking? LMFAO

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Glad you can see that in yourself. It's the first step toward a change for the better.

So, where were we? You wanted to change the laws so somebody who asked a stranger a question could be physically attacked and have no right to self defense, correct?

[/QUOTE]

I already explained my position and it wasn't that. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

I already explained my position and it wasn't that. 

Oh, let me go back and find it.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

I'm not going back and look through 18 pages. Please state the change you want again.

http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff6/babeparilli/gif_193x113_39ce6f_zps83b8ca29.gif?t=1373985234

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

So you admit you have no idea what I was saying?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Typical attempt to hide from your ridiculous position. I already characterized what you said. It is you who claimed I missed the mark. Simply explain how I have your position wrong instead of playing phony liberal deflection games. The question is not about what idea I may have or not have about your statement. It's about your statement. So state it clearly so we can see how I posed it incorrectly.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to russgriswold's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

LOL!

I love it. You got caught on the same day you felt it necessary to focus in on a mistake by me, in order to troll the thread.

Now, you get caught, literally on the same day, act embarrassed and then try to deflect, as you prove Prolate has you cornered in the debate.

The joy of watching Babe struggle and back himself into a corner after his pudding at the manor.

bawahah

[/QUOTE]

You flipping troll.  It was Rally, prolate was talking to about misspelling moot, not Babe.

You obviously haven't read any of it or you would know that.

So how would you know who has who in a corner?  You can't even read, comprehend or spell, evidently.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to pezz4pats' comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

LOL!

I love it. You got caught on the same day you felt it necessary to focus in on a mistake by me, in order to troll the thread.

Now, you get caught, literally on the same day, act embarrassed and then try to deflect, as you prove Prolate has you cornered in the debate.

The joy of watching Babe struggle and back himself into a corner after his pudding at the manor.

bawahah

[/QUOTE]

You flipping troll.  It was Rally, prolate was talking to about misspelling moot, not Babe.

So how would you know who has who in a corner?  You can't even read, comprehend or spell, evidently.

[/QUOTE]

You seem to be really up on this thread. Fix the format, tool.    Who knows who is saying what at this point. I knew you still just read these threads and stalk. Knew it.

I will say, it's beyond ridiculous to see RallyC align with Babe and you now. Unreal.

2 weeks ago, you INBREDS thought he and I were the same person. Now, he's aligning with Babe, as a fellow possible racist, applauding a dead teenager and a swift and creepy court room result.

[/QUOTE]

You really ARE a sick individual.  There no doubt any more.  Fix the format?   Bwahaha

Fix yourself!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

LOL!

bawahah

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You seem to be really up on this thread. Fix the format, tool.    Who knows who is saying what at this point. I knew you still just read these threads and stalk. Knew it.

I will say, it's beyond ridiculous to see RallyC align with Babe and you now. Unreal.

2 weeks ago, you INBREDS thought he and I were the same person. Now, he's aligning with Babe, as a fellow possible racist, applauding a dead teenager and a swift and creepy court room result.

[/QUOTE]

You really ARE a sick individual.  There no doubt any more.  Fix the format?   Bwahaha

Fix yourself!

[/QUOTE]

You're pretty dumb, huh?

[/QUOTE]

Ummm, no you are the dumb one.  Babe was calling Pro out for correcting RALLY"S spelling.

You would know that if you actually read something instead of trolling and looking for a fight.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

This thread is still very entertaining! 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

LOL!

bawahah

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Fix yourself!

[/QUOTE]

"there no doubt"? Or, there IS no doubt?  Do you or your buddy Babe know how to contribute on a board like this without trolling like rubes?

Apparently, not.

Change your panties and then leave here for good, racist.

[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry but most people think it's the race baiters like yourself who are the racist.

There was only one person who made a racial comment, in this case.  The one doing the attacking and the only one who was actually guilty of a crime.  ASSAULT!!!!!!

Funny how you always blame the lawyers, the jury, the judge, the state, the law. 

EVERY ONE but the person who actually committed a crime.    Sick!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

LOL!

bawahah

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Fix yourself!

[/QUOTE]

You're pretty dumb, huh?

[/QUOTE]

Ummm, no you are the dumb one.  Babe was calling Pro out for correcting RALLY"S spelling.

You would know that if you actually read something instead of trolling and looking for a fight.

[/QUOTE]

I am not going to go back 12 pages and try to catch up on this neverending thread. 

My favorite part is Prolate abusing Babe, though. Very entertaining.  I love confirming who the dorky racist types are on this board.   Pretty much what I already knew. 

[/QUOTE]

It's a half page back and again how would you know who's abusing who, if you haven't read anything but that one comment?   Stop the lies and your trolling and keep your race baiting opinion out of something you know absolutely  nothing about.  AS USUAL!!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

LOL!

bawahah

[/QUOTE]

He didn't catch me, he caught Rally dum bass. Do you ever get sick of looking like a fool?
    LMAO@U

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Fix yourself!

He is extremely sick.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

I am not going to go back 12 pages and try to catch up on this neverending thread.

My favorite part is Prolate abusing Babe, though. Very entertaining.  I love confirming who the dorky racist types are on this board.   Pretty much what I already knew. 

Typical mindless liberal drivel. You can't support your case with reason (a permanent state of existence for you) so you whip out the race card. Which is extra hilarious since GZ isn't any more white than Obama (our first "black" president). You are the supreme tool of the universe! LMAO@U

Prolate hasn't been abusing anybody. He's been made to look like a fool, but since that happens to you daily you probably see it as him doing just fine. You are the ultimate dum bass.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

I thought this piece reflected a pretty level headed view

http://www.businessweek.com/articles/2013-07-15/george-zimmermans-acquittal-four-blunt-observations#r=read

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]

Typical attempt to hide from your ridiculous position. I already characterized what you said. It is you who claimed I missed the mark. Simply explain how I have your position wrong instead of playing phony liberal deflection games. The question is not about what idea I may have or not have about your statement. It's about your statement. So state it clearly so we can see how I posed it incorrectly.

[/QUOTE]

It was stated clearly many times above.  Quite simply really.  The fact that you have no idea what I was claiming kind of proves you're just blowing a lot of hot air to hear yourself talk  . . . par for the course for you, really, as everyone who reads this board regularly knows  . . .

Basically, though, I've been saying two things,  which I'll repeat not for you but for anyone less close-minded who happens to be reading this thread:

1. Under current Florida law and given the lack of clear evidence to refute Zimmerman's claim of self-defense, the jury was right to acquit Zimmerman.  I've said that consistently.  I don't disagree with their verdict, given the current law and the evidence available.
    2. I think the self-defense laws should be re-examined.  I think, particularly in states like Florida, they have evolved to place too little constraint on the use of deadly force.  Particularly when confronting someone in a public space who was, at the time you first approached them, not engaged in any obvious wrongdoing and who had made no attempt at all to initiate contact of any sort with you, the self-defense law should (as it once did) require a stronger duty to retreat and also should take into consideration whether anything you did in initiating contact could reasonably be considered provocative, aggressive, threatening, or demonstrative of ill-will toward the person you approached. (There actually is a provision in the Florida self-defense law against claiming self-defense if you provoke someone, but the defense successfully convinced the judge not to include the provocation clause in the jury instructions because of a Florida Supreme Court ruling that appears to limit the application of that clause to situations in which provocation is an actual physical attack; in some jurisdictions, provocation is defined much more broadly including threatening words or gestures.) I'd go further to say that this responsibility to avoid provocative action and to retreat if at all possible should be even heavier if one is armed in a public place.  If we are going to acknowledge a "right" to carry deadly force in public places, we should also require the bearer of the arm to exercise the utmost caution and diligence in avoiding its use.  The "right" to carry deadly force in public should be balanced with very strict requirements to act with the greatest possible restraint and to accept a grave responsibility to avoid conflict of any sort when at all possible.  

You can turn your brain off now and start calling me a liberal and a party ho (it's an easy off switch for your thought process, I see), but there's nothing in those two statements that is unreasonable.  I think we agree on the first point (Rally, though, keeps trying to argue with me about it, apparently without understanding that I've always agreed with him on this particular point.)  The second point is an opinion about how the law should be structured and what its goals should be.  You can disagree that that's how the law should be structured and about what the ulimate goal of the law should be, but it's just a difference of opinion.  

One of my secondary statements has been that it's ultimately a choice what we want our laws to be.  I think the law should strongly discourage the use of deadly force in situations like the one that occured between Zimmerman and Martin and should require a very high bar to be cleared before self-defense can legitimately be claimed when you initiate contact with someone in a public place, while possessing a weapon, and later kill that person. You are comfortable with a lower bar.  Again, a difference in opinion. As I said before, it's about what kind of society we want to live in.  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

I'm sorry but most people think it's the race baiters like yourself who are the racist. 

There was only one person who made a racial comment, in this case.  The one doing the attacking and the only one who was actually guilty of a crime.  ASSAULT!!!!!!

Funny how you always blame the lawyers, the jury, the judge, the state, the law. 

EVERY ONE but the person who actually committed a crime.    Sick!

________

Ummm . . . Martin was never charged with anything and he is innocent until proven guilty too. The trial wasn't about what Martin did, it was about whether there was enough evidence to convince the jury beyond a reasonable doubt that Zimmerman committed a crime.  Please get that straight.  A lot of people seem to think that "not guilty" for Zimmerman equates to "guilty" for Martin.  That's not how the justice system works.