Gerard Warren Now on Speed Dial

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Re: Gerard Warren Now on Speed Dial

So someone else is coming on board, I assume?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from EASON11. Show EASON11's posts

dont like it I wish they kept him........Gronks brother from what I hear.....Warren wont be out of work long........

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

Yeah, this guy had a good camp played well in preseason and was important last year I would have liked to retain him but.....  You can only carry 53 and I see we are making more moves now.  Too bad.  Maybe he comes back later if he isn't picked up but I suspect he will be.  I hope he's not picked up by the YETS.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

tells you a lot about our team though. this guy was a stud on last year's team now he as the back of the depth chart for we have really upgraded the defensive line big time. dont know how long pryor and brace will last either. mark anderson? bottom line, we are BETTER!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrogLegs. Show FrogLegs's posts

That move is pretty puzzling.
    Why didn't waive Buttler earlier and keep instead one of the 2 TEs they released? Now they have a TE who was not attending training camp. Weird.... Undecided

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

I didn't read the Reiss article but caught this on BH.com. Since the other Gronk boys let the cat out of the bag it kind of forced BB's hand. You know they weren't going to give up Pryor or Love as there were GM's all over the league waiting for either of their names to appear on the Waiver wire. The Jets might claim him and so might the Fins or Bills but I don't expect he'll fly under the radar.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

not so sure about that--I don't think BB is forced to do anything.. What I remember most about Dan Gronk--- he missed the block that took Romo out for the season. Maybe his brother can coach him up and he'll stay with the team.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_FNVkntALA&NR=1

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In Response to Re: Gerard Warren Now on Speed Dial:
    not so sure about that--I don't think BB is forced to do anything.. What I remember most about Dan Gronk--- he missed the block that took Romo out for the season. Maybe his brother can coach him up and he'll stay with the team. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_FNVkntALA&NR=1
    Posted by NEGAME2

Gulp.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duc749Rider. Show Duc749Rider's posts

Dan Gronk played for Denver, not Cowboys.  Chris Gronk missed the block that hurt Romo, not Dan.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

I thought the release of Butler paved the way for the second Gronk to come aboard?  I don't like the release of Gerard at all... 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

I liked Warren. At minimal he is one wide dude. I hope they bring him back.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptnFoxboro. Show CaptnFoxboro's posts

This move better be a "wink wink nod nod " type of deal .

Dump Gerard Warren and keep Jeff Tarkanian ...pffft .

I noticed at camp BB spent a lot of time coaching up the rookie LB , but personally I just didnt see anything special about him...at least not this preseason ( funny BB never even bothered to ask my opinion )
      He does like to hit though ( I'd looked up his college video stuff after we signed him ) and of cours he's got a great attitude , so maybe there's something there .
       Still  , hard to believe Tarkanian wouldnt clear waivers and be easily moved onto the PS
     Maybe BB is waiting until closer to the weekend to make that move
    ( as yet another free agent is brought onboard ? ) Harder for teams to pull the trigger on roster moves when a game is about to be played.

Just hate to lose a proven commodity in Warren.
    Also -
    Butler was held onto while BB tried to trade him ...
    but as Belichick said "Just no real trade market this year ".

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

G Warren was a beast in preseason, I hope just for the sake of moving people around.  I like Myron Pryor and all but if we're down on the goal line I'd feel a lot better with 330 poung G Warren next to Vince and Albert.  Then again we have Brace and Dearick sitting there waiting for a roster spot to open up...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-Doc-Redemption. Show Red-Doc-Redemption's posts

Warren will be around...He loves playing for us. Its just a personel move...

Gronk 2 has played under McDaniels. He knows our system better than the 2 rooks that were released....I would bet he blocks better too

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kebbe. Show kebbe's posts

If Warren isn't claimed I'd almost bet he'll be back right after the first game.I would also look for a veteran FS to come in(with only a terrific perfrormance by Barrett against MIami precluding that).Who goes to get both Warren and a FS vet on th roster probably puts Tarpanian on IR but who else goes is a question mark at least to me..unless,of course there is an inury against the Fins.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

He will re-sign after week one that way his money is not guaranteed. He will be back in a week.
    Posted by MVPkilla4life

Bingo, BB does this often with vets. If they are on the opening day roster they a guarantied for the year, however, if they are signed after week 1 they aren't. My guess is since Warren is a fringe player anyways they don't want his contract guarantied over the full year so when Brace or Deadrick come off PuP if there isn't a spot he becomes the spot

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

They're just setting up the situation where they can rotate vets in a spot during the season. I expect to see Warren and Morris on this team this year.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from danemcmenamin. Show danemcmenamin's posts

Hate it, I don't like the treatment of a good honest hardworking player for frankly from what i've seen a player that shouldn't be on this team in the other Gronk. I know football's a buisiness but my gawd how much can you mess around with a person. He's better than some of the linemen we've held on to as well. What's the big idea with this Gronk, we need a blocking tight end so why not Alge he already knows the whole offense and for what's worth played pretty damn well in it (apart from the obvious appalling drop). We're still all good and i'm not panicking it's just a stupid move in my opinion. Really hoping to be proved wrong!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

Who goes if he comes back after week 1?  Also, there is talk about them bringing in a vet safety after week 1 for added depth there so even less roster space.  If there going to release Tarp, why not do that now and just keep Warren? 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from HaverhillBob. Show HaverhillBob's posts

I just can't believe that we have dumped a handful our our defensive starters from last year.  That was a great D and was only going to get better.  Player turnover is not great for a system as complex as ours. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Who goes if he comes back after week 1?  Also, there is talk about them bringing in a vet safety after week 1 for added depth there so even less roster space.  If there going to release Tarp, why not do that now and just keep Warren? 
    Posted by Patsman3

Because of a simple reason. After week 1 most teams have locked down their rosters. If you know Warren will resign after week 1 you release Tarp after week 1 knowing there is a better chance no one will claim him. You can then move Tarp to the PS and bring Warren back on the main team while also not guarantying Warren's contract so you can shuffle him and Moore in and out throughout the year depending on opponent and need

Sections
Shortcuts