Gerard Warren rejoins Patriots

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrbungle. Show mrbungle's posts

Gerard Warren rejoins Patriots

http://profootball.scout.com/a.z?s=127&p=9&c=2&cid=1182536&nid=5767108&fhn=1

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

Re: Gerard Warren rejoins Patriots

good to hear.....not a big impact guy, but a nice player and probobaly a good locker room presence.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

nice. great vet signing

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

I vividly recall reading the day-by-day Practice Reports from Summer Traning Camp Last Season...  Like many, and with the crazy D-Line additions Belichick acquired last year, I took a keen interest in how each individual D-Lineman was faring in those 1 on 1 matchups they ran through against individual Offensive Linemen. 

You'd think you'd see the best and most dominating 1 on 1 performances day in and day out, besting the O-Linemen more than they themselves got bested, would inevitably come from certain bigger named D-Linemen, like Haynesworth (when he actually made it to the practice field), or Shaun Ellis...or maybe some of our new up and comers who performed at levels beyond their initial expectations, like Brandon Deadrick, or even a guy regarded as both a bigger AND better prospect in the same draft who was IR'ed his rookie year, like Kade Weston...or even Ron Brace coming into the start of his 3rd Year as a knowledgeable pro finally now with 2 very critical years of pro training under his belt...Maybe Myron Pryor (underrated from Day 1)...Even Mark Anderson or seeing a Jermaine Cunningham beginning to come into his own; Mike Wright & Kyle Love's there too (2 survivors in spite of any greater odds thrown and granted many other D-Linemen with far more natural physical tools to work with in order to make a success of themselves)...

Who were THE singularly and ABSOLUTELY Dominating D-Linemen in these 1 on 1 matchups of 1 Professional D-Line trenchman verses 1 Professional Offensive Line mauler tasked with keeping their HOF Quarterback from getting killed...? 

Vince Wilfork and Gerrard Warren...  I don't even mean, Wilfork THEN Gerrard Warren.  It was Wilfork and Warren simply DOMINATING their 1 on 1's.  I remember Warren I believe came to camp (contract or injury?) 1 and 1//2 to 2 weeks later than most everyone else...  The initial take was that his immediate successes were due to him having fresh legs where everyone else had already suffered through 2 full weeks of camp plus a couple additional days on top of that earlier on...  Nooope.  Next Day-Dominant.  Next day-Dominant.  Weekend...Dominant the next week.  Weekend- Dominant just the same.  

What Gerard Warren brings to the table is RIDICULOUSLY underrated...Now, past few years here in NE, and throughout the course of his entire NFL Career...  Ya talk Rodney Dangerfield and "No Respect," Gerrard Warren's the poster-child punchline to that notion (btw, if you're curious for god knows, whatever reason- I'm 99% positive, the best 1 on 1 performing DE's and edge rushing Linemen, were Andre Carter, then Alex Silvestro, with Mark Anderson takin' a very close 3rd to Silvestro).

Warren's like 40 years old, and for some reason (I'm not sure how this happened), I'm fairly certain that he's been in The NFL since roughly Superbowl 6...  And it simply must've KILLED Belichick to inevitably cut Warren after his somany D-Line Additions...  And it really was a move predicated on Albert Haynesworth having the name "Albert Haynesworth", along with Shaun Ellis The New York Jet who gave me headaches for a decade and whom for some reason I just gave a 3 or 4 MILLION Dollar 1 year Contract too <and in that gut-wrenching blindness that'cha have but don't really wanna ever once consciously think about, in the waste that is "Ron Brace" />.  And it pretty much musta svck#d to be in Warren's shoes on September 1st, knowing that the only guy your equal in Patriots 2011 Traing Camp was An All-Pro 3-4 Nose Tackle for the most successful team the last 13 seasons...meanwhile FAR too may of the rest of the D-Line guys that'cha outperformed without ANY quaestion whatsoever- Now had Roster Spots.

Here's a parrallel- Gerrard Warren is currently better than NE's other Warren, EVER was, or ever will be, or would've been (Ty Warren)...but nobody recognizes it for even an instant.       

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

Agree, Laz. Great post. Of course I was mocked for the strong depth/rotational signing of his 2 years ago.   Nice to see him back. IMO, barring an injury to him and his known consistency, he deserves a spot in a 4-3 DT rotation.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Can't have too many 300 lb guys.  I'd like to see Vince play less snaps this year.  Considering BB didn't spend any draft picks on any big guys I hope that means he is expecting more from guys like Love and Deaderick.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

In Response to Re: Gerard Warren rejoins Patriots:
    I vividly recall reading the day-by-day Practice Reports from Summer Traning Camp Last Season...  Like many, and with the crazy D-Line additions Belichick acquired last year, I took a keen interest in how each individual D-Lineman was faring in those 1 on 1 matchups they ran through against individual Offensive Linemen.  You'd think you'd see the best and most dominating 1 on 1 performances day in and day out, besting the O-Linemen more than they themselves got bested, would inevitably come from certain bigger named D-Linemen, like Haynesworth (when he actually made it to the practice field), or Shaun Ellis...or maybe some of our new up and comers who performed at levels beyond their initial expectations, like Brandon Deadrick, or even a guy regarded as both a bigger AND better prospect in the same draft who was IR'ed his rookie year, like Kade Weston...or even Ron Brace coming into the start of his 3rd Year as a knowledgeable pro finally now with 2 very critical years of pro training under his belt...Maybe Myron Pryor (underrated from Day 1)...Even Mark Anderson or seeing a Jermaine Cunningham beginning to come into his own; Mike Wright & Kyle Love's there too (2 survivors in spite of any greater odds thrown and granted many other D-Linemen with far more natural physical tools to work with in order to make a success of themselves)... Who were THE singularly and ABSOLUTELY Dominating D-Linemen in these 1 on 1 matchups of 1 Professional D-Line trenchman verses 1 Professional Offensive Line mauler tasked with keeping their HOF Quarterback from getting killed...?    Vince Wilfork and Gerrard Warren...  I don't even mean, Wilfork THEN Gerrard Warren.  It was Wilfork and Warren simply DOMINATING their 1 on 1's.  I remember Warren I believe came to camp (contract or injury?) 1 and 1//2 to 2 weeks later than most everyone else...  The initial take was that his immediate successes were due to him having fresh legs where everyone else had already suffered through 2 full weeks of camp plus a couple additional days on top of that earlier on...  Nooope.  Next Day-Dominant.  Next day-Dominant.  Weekend...Dominant the next week.  Weekend- Dominant just the same.   What Gerard Warren brings to the table is RIDICULOUSLY underrated...Now, past few years here in NE, and throughout the course of his entire NFL Career...  Ya talk Rodney Dangerfield and "No Respect," Gerrard Warren's the poster-child punchline to that notion (btw, if you're curious for god knows, whatever reason- I'm 99% positive, the best 1 on 1 performing DE's and edge rushing Linemen, were Andre Carter, then Alex Silvestro, with Mark Anderson takin' a very close 3rd to Silvestro). Warren's like 40 years old, and for some reason (I'm not sure how this happened), I'm fairly certain that he's been in The NFL since roughly Superbowl 6...  And it simply must've KILLED Belichick to inevitably cut Warren after his somany D-Line Additions...  And it really was a move predicated on Albert Haynesworth having the name "Albert Haynesworth", along with Shaun Ellis The New York Jet who gave me headaches for a decade and whom for some reason I just gave a 3 or 4 MILLION Dollar 1 year Contract too <and in that gut-wrenching blindness that'cha have but don't really wanna ever once consciously think about, in the waste that is "Ron Brace" />.  And it pretty much musta svck#d to be in Warren's shoes on September 1st, knowing that the only guy your equal in Patriots 2011 Traing Camp was An All-Pro 3-4 Nose Tackle for the most successful team the last 13 seasons...meanwhile FAR too may of the rest of the D-Line guys that'cha outperformed without ANY quaestion whatsoever- Now had Roster Spots. Here's a parrallel- Gerrard Warren is currently better than NE's other Warren, EVER was, or ever will be, or would've been (Ty Warren)...but nobody recognizes it for even an instant.       
    Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium

So glad you typed all this up because you saved me the effort as I've been on the Gerard Warren fan wagon for years now.  I have NO IDEA how Warren goes so unrecognized, but he is simply dominating when he is on the field.  Also he is one of the best players in all of the NFL to have in the lockeroom.  Peter King is the only writer I'm aware of who actually noticed how great Warren was playing last year and stated he was amazed to see such dominating performances week in and week out from someone of Warrens age.  He even stated he thought Warren was having the best year of his career. 

So I did a Snoopy Dance in my living room when I read Warren wasn't ready to retire just yet and was going to play once again for the Pats.  Great signing!!! 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Can't possibly add much except to say that this is a good signing; very glad to read this. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

It will be interesting to see who actually makes the team.  We've got more DLs on the roster than we can possibly keep.  That means excellent competition in camp and the preseason.  Glad to see Warren in the mix.  He's been a very good contributor over the past few seasons.  The question will be when his age finally catches up to him.   

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

G Warren is a great vet signing that can play 5tech or 3tech as a rotational player. Given our current DL I don't see a single player that could fill that role on a 3 down role (I think they keep Fenane in the same role he was in Cin, playing DE regardless of 34 or 43). Right now the players I'd feel comfortable as 5 or 3 techs are Deadrick and Pyror (Brace isn't that guy to me and Love is a pure 3 tech guy imo) so it never hurts to have a vet presences

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Great re-sign, Warren was a beast in the playoffs, he's the only D linemen besides Vince that can blow up a play from the inside. He also could always "retire" again to give us cap flexibility and show up for the playoffs and start right away. We didn't address this need in the draft so we needed Warren back bad.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from I sat on your toilet. Show I sat on your toilet's posts

Good solid signing. Good to have him back

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Next up - Ellis & Haynesworth.  Good job Bill!
    Posted by JetMangione

Maybe Tannenbaum should call up Damien Woody to play Tackle.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In Response to Re: Gerard Warren rejoins Patriots : Not a bad idea.  Although a year off probabaly hasn't helped him.
    Posted by JetMangione

True.  But he can't be worse than this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLpimht0tUM

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

Next up - Ellis & Haynesworth.  Good job Bill!
    Posted by JetMangione

I sense a little sarcasm in your post jetmangione, if so then how do they keep on beating your jets? At least I think they beat they jets last year but you still have not answered my question as to who won the two games that they played against each other and what place did the jets end up in? Why wont you answer that? 

What is your prediction for the AFC East this season?... lol 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

In Response to Re: Gerard Warren rejoins Patriots : Besides Tom Brady? I don't know.  But if "by keep beating" you mean only in 2011 after losing two of three including a huge playoff choke the year before, I suppose the answer may be in the Jets inability  to replace 6 all pro players in a single season with the restrictions of not being able to sign a free agent until another team signs one of yours.  
    Posted by JetMangione

Yeah the year before it was both a choke by the Patriots  and a great game played by the Jets, I will definitely give you that... That was a tough loss. .

Even a Jets fan you have to be disappointed that they didn't gain momentum on that great playoff run they had, they took a step back and seem to lose their identity as a tough physical defense with a strong running game. That is the type team that I personally prefer over a finesse passing team. We will have to see if they go back to it again, I think its best for Rex style of coaching. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ytsejamer1. Show Ytsejamer1's posts

Gerard Warren is a perfect fit.  He's really been great for us since he came on board in 2010.  He does his job, does it well, and is a solid precence on and off the field.  Glad he's back.

I can't believe we gave Shaun Ellis $4m last year...jesus...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Anyone look at how many great Defensive lineman came out of that 2001 draft? 

Gerard Warren
    Richard Seymour
    Justin Smith
    Andre Carter
    Marcus Stroud

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

G. Warren is unsung.  No flashy stats, just holds down the fort and he knows how to turn it up a notch when it counts. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

I would much rather have Kenrick Ellis from the Jets.  He's a keeper.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

Did you see NFLN's draft grades, virgin boy? lol!!

Pats: A
    Jets: C

LOL!!

Another year, another draft.  Enjoy last place in the AFC East.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Jerks Fan---When are you going to explain your obsession for the Patriots from psychiatric point of view?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

My favorite part is when Mangione Virgin quotes me when I never even said the things he has in quotes.

The ultimate moron = Mangione

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats-Fan-In-Oz. Show Pats-Fan-In-Oz's posts

I agree that Jet Mangione needs to take his medication, hostile much? ...but the Chad Pennington blow up doll comment was pretty funny. LOL

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

Too risky. I already explained it. 

You have a QB mess and take a raw WR in Round 2?  Why not take Sanu?  He's a far superior prospect over Hill.  Hill is the physical specimen, but if you have a crappy QB or a QB as a backup who may start with bad mechanics, why is that a good move?  You have a bad QB and one who needs to learn to throw and learn a new system with a new WR? 

Barring them dealing Sanchez and promoting McElroy this year, committing to him, the Jets are just wasting their time and each player's time right now. They won't win the division now or in the future and will not get a wildcard this year.  This means Rex is done after the year (if NY is wise) and Tannebum is also done.  So, enjoy them wasting your time every year. You were warned it would not work.

As for Coples, the knock on him is he would disappear during games. He'll fit right in with Muhammad Wilkerson (mediocre DE), Kyle Wilson (only a nickel) and Kenrick Ellis (never plays). You're just inseucre and jealous (again) that NE had a better draft.

That's 3 years in a row (if not 4).

Sections
Shortcuts