Get a receiver before the trade deadline

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jburke2. Show jburke2's posts

Get a receiver before the trade deadline

Everyone but Bill knew losing Welker was a mistake.  He should have retired a Patriot and would have joined the Pats Hall of Fame.

How long will we have Brady?  Forget the waiver wire.  Get him some help now.  Gronk coming back is not enough. 

If Atlanta loses to the Jets tomorrow, how about Tony Gonzales?  Big target in the end zone that only came back because he wants a Superbowl ring.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from yakv. Show yakv's posts

Re: Get a receiver before the trade deadline

i agree with the poor QB play in arizona we could trade for fitz

with all our salary cap and a first round pick it can happen

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

In response to yakv's comment:

i agree with the poor QB play in arizona we could trade for fitz

with all our salary cap and a first round pick it can happen

That would be awesome. Unfortunately, a 3-2 team is not going to trade their best offensive player. If the manage a split in their next two with Seattle and SF, they should 5-3 at the time of the deadline. It would never happen. Ever.

Would you have a better shot of getting some one like Vincent Jackson from the Bucs, but I am not sure I am want him after watching him give up against the Pats in week 3. Also, he has 17 catches on 41 targets... He wouldn't solve the issue with incompletes.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from theshinez. Show theshinez's posts

We don't need Welker anymore.  It was about time that Bradey lose his binky!  Welker would not have helped yesterday.  The O-line could not block, Bradey was NOT accurate, the recievers couldn't catch the ball, and the play-calling was TERRIBLE.  WE don't need more slot recievers. We already have 3 or 4.  WE need our TE back (healthy), we need an improved O-line to keep Brady upright and the run game gaining POSITIVE yards, and a coach who will play the right players at the right position??  I.E. McCourty/Blount running back kicks?????? McCourty and Blount have no elusiveness.  Why doesn't he have Boyce or Edelman run back kicks?  SMH

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from theshinez. Show theshinez's posts

We need Aaron Dropson and KT to get their head out of their butts and catch the #$%*! ball.  I think our offensive playcalling is partly to blame and Brady is a shell of his former self. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from yakv. Show yakv's posts

does collie have anything left ???

start him next week what can you lose ???

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from theshinez. Show theshinez's posts

CAn Marcus CAnnon play DT???  :o)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

In response to theshinez's comment:

We need Aaron Dropson and KT to get their head out of their butts and catch the #$%*! ball.  I think our offensive playcalling is partly to blame and Brady is a shell of his former self. 

Maybe there was a reason that KT was available as an undrafted free agent. He is the third option at slot and whenever Edelman and Amendola are healthy he will not get many throws. Dobson is more frustrating. He should be better, but go look at his pre-draft scouting. He is decent size, but one of the knocks on him was that he doesn't know how to use his size effectively. He is the only real outside receiver on the roster.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

In response to yakv's comment:

does collie have anything left ???

start him next week what can you lose ???

Collie was never that good, and he is really another slot guy. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from theshinez. Show theshinez's posts

...And Boyce may have the best hands of the trio of rookie WRs.   BUT, he can't get in the game or even run back kicks!!!!!!!!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

...And Boyce may have the best hands of the trio of rookie WRs.   BUT, he can't get in the game or even run back kicks!!!!!!!!!!

Boyce is another slot guy. He is too small to play outside. Half of the problem with the WR group is that Edelman, Amendola, Thompkins and Boyce all really play the same position in the offense. Boyce is the fourth best slot on the team right now.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from theshinez. Show theshinez's posts

he is fast and has shown in the pre-season and in college that he can play on the outside.  AT this point, why not try him out on the outside????  He's the fastest WR that we have. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

he is fast and has shown in the pre-season and in college that he can play on the outside.  AT this point, why not try him out on the outside????  He's the fastest WR that we have. 

He could play outside in college. There are not a lot of 5-11 guys playing outside in the NFL. He is only the fastest WR on the Patriots because on the whole they have slower WRs than a lot of NFL teams. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to FrnkBnhm's comment:

[QUOTE]

He could play outside in college. There are not a lot of 5-11 guys playing outside in the NFL. He is only the fastest WR on the Patriots because on the whole they have slower WRs than a lot of NFL teams. 

[/QUOTE]

Boyce ran a 4.35, he's fast everywhere.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

Gonzalez is still a stud. Would be great with TB. Not leaving Atlanta. Collie joining the team- meh. Pats brass continues to bring in players who can't stay on the field- due to injuries and being injury prone. Cowboys and of course Broncos demonstrated what receivers who can play at a high level can do for an offense on any given Sunday. Yeah, the Pats are 4-1 by the hair of their chiny chin chins. (thanks D) Already so tired of trying to guess who will be healthy, who will show up, when we will have a full compliment of offensive starters... when will Gronk play and how long till his next injury. How can the rookies skill and experience be accelerated to play against the likes of the Saints. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

You guys are funny.  I believe we already have receivers.  Why don't we see how this all works out before we commit ourselves to starting all over again?  People seem to think that if we just sign a big name that he will just magically absorb all he needs to know about New England's offensive system and be awesome the moment he steps onto the field.  Not likely.  My opinion is to give the talent that we do have the time that they need.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to cyncalpatfan's comment:

You guys are funny.  I believe we already have receivers.  Why don't we see how this all works out before we commit ourselves to starting all over again?  People seem to think that if we just sign a big name that he will just magically absorb all he needs to know about New England's offensive system and be awesome the moment he steps onto the field.  Not likely.  My opinion is to give the talent that we do have the time that they need.

Fans are reactive. they react to the last thing they see.

The team (BB) has decided that if Brady is going to play 3-5 more years they need to develop some young talent.

Once brady made the commitment to the team they they wanted to give him continuity. They had gronk & the jail bird already in the fold for that length. they went for Amendola 5 yrs over 2 for wellker and drafted 2 WR's and perhaps got lucky with a UDFA. IMHO if these guys develop and Gronk/Vereen/Ridley come back i think this offense will be not only be okay but it will be a difficult matchup for most defenses in Dec & Jan.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

No thanks

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:

In response to cyncalpatfan's comment:

Fans are reactive. they react to the last thing they see.

The team (BB) has decided that if Brady is going to play 3-5 more years they need to develop some young talent.

Once brady made the commitment to the team they they wanted to give him continuity. They had gronk & the jail bird already in the fold for that length. they went for Amendola 5 yrs over 2 for wellker and drafted 2 WR's and perhaps got lucky with a UDFA. IMHO if these guys develop and Gronk/Vereen/Ridley come back i think this offense will be not only be okay but it will be a difficult matchup for most defenses in Dec & Jan.

I'm with you.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

WE don't need receivers....we need better blocking, and for the players we have to be healthy.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

colts might be willing to offer up Heyward-Bey. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Though I do think we need a more stable vet who can get open and handle the ball better I don't think we need a big name. Someone like a Sanders would do..... opps.

But really if we are going to make a trade I think we should target a DT. Jones and Vellano are nice players but they are rooks and right now I have major concerns over if Kelly can last a season. They need a starting caliber DT or this D is going to break down sooner rather than later. If we are going to win this year it will be with the D and the O will be getting players back but the D, esp DT won't have the additions coming back from injury. I do think we need to make a move on the DL which is something we should have taken care of this past offseason

I swear by lil 10 pound bearded baby Jesus

Sections
Shortcuts