GET OFF THE LEDGE... Pats will be just fine, just a little turbulence and ATTRITION!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubbazilla. Show bubbazilla's posts

GET OFF THE LEDGE... Pats will be just fine, just a little turbulence and ATTRITION!

last week, i felt the dynasty as we have come to know it was over, and that both Brady, BB and the OL were more at fault than our defense. without a consistent pass rush, MOST defensive backs soon look average to horrible. I also asked if perhaps Cassel would have had a better or similar record than Brady at this point. Of course, i got killed, called delusional and everything else. now, most of you here cant wait to find a bridge to jump over or throw their team overboard from. Pats are what I thought they were! The rest of the league has caught up folks. Peyton for example is right up there with BB, if not now his superior, in terms of his in-game management and attention to details! Brady is no longer the absolute, no debate the best cliutch QB in football nor is he as i suggested, even a top 5 QB as of now. heck after today i will now drop him from 6th to 8th (at best) as of now. Philip Rivers, Favre, Brees, Peyton Manning, the resurgent Vince Young, Kurt Warner and others are all now his superior. Moss claerly is no longer the aggressive high jumping ball-hawker he used to be. how much more can we expect from a 5'8 welker before injuries persist? how can we suddenly start becoming a pass-rushing defensive team? how quickly can the willhites and boddens stop being toasted like wonder bread? 

face it folks, we have lots of issues that are simply unsolvable right now within our present structure and philosophy. pats need to completely change their approach on the fly for now as the colts did in 06 and wait to completely revamp things in the off-season regardless of how things end up. we cant go mano-a-mano as we could in 2007 with brady, thus esp with carolina coming in, we must RUN more and channel the '01 approach. more short, low risk passes. i believe if we accept what we actually are, we can still sneak in the playoffs. once there, its a NEW day! take comfort: steels, giants and others have even BIGGER issues. we WILL win the freakin division. we are only in danger of not getting a home playoff game. unfortunately, we can't win on the road right NOW. pats are great underdoggs going forward, who knows what could happen! they MUST get tougher as they used to be by playing smashmouth football on both defense and offense by running the ball and hitting the TEs more often. enough of the softie long tosses to moss and weak passes to welker every 2 seconds. talent and "coachg" isnt everything. pats must change their very approach and game strtategy. you can always come bak later in the game and take a few shots to moss and welks as u milk the clock. problem now is that it is all we do!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdaytona. Show jimdaytona's posts

Re: GET OFF THE LEDGE... Pats will be just fine, just a little turbulence and ATTRITION!

Don't agree with you on this one. Brady is not making plays like he use to. A pattern has developed here. At the rate they are going they will not make the playoffs.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3841593. Show user_3841593's posts

Re: GET OFF THE LEDGE... Pats will be just fine, just a little turbulence and ATTRITION!

They will be lucky to win the division with how they play.The offense is to predictable and you can't win when you can't make a first down more then once with about a foot or so.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boston-kyle. Show Boston-kyle's posts

patriots arent the same patriots as people pretend to believe.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In Response to Re: GET OFF THE LEDGE... Pats will be just fine, just a little turbulence and ATTRITION!:
    [QUOTE]They will be lucky to win the division with how they play.The offense is to predictable and you can't win when you can't make a first down more then once with about a foot or so.
    Posted by nepats38[/QUOTE]

They are finding ways to lose. I find it unbelievable that they are this bad.

On your comment about predictability, I think it boils down to patience. And I believe TB is the reason. I believe that his accomplishment in 2007 has made him into somehting that the SB pats never had -- a superstar in the team. This has given him too much clout in the play-calling, and it not, it has since become tempting to just take the easy route of leaving it up to TB to make something happen on critical downs. The question is whether there is someone in the offensive coaching staff who can override TB? Does TB execute well on plays he does not agree with?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from simroy. Show simroy's posts

The problem on offense is the utter lack of a "threatening" running game and uninspired tight end play.  I know Maroney has had decent moments and Watson started out strong, but let's face it - other teams know that if they pressure Brady, double cover Moss, put a body or two on Welker that there's no RB or TE to help offensively.  Our special teams are far from special and our D is atrocious - young yes, possess potential - maybe, but right now they stink, which puts even more pressure on a three-person offense (Brady, Welker, Moss).  Name me one other person in the past four or five games (and I'm not talking about an occasional great play/contribution by Aiken - yes, terrific TD, but he dropped a gimme in crunch time) that has had an appreciable offensive impact?  I can't even go into the D - we're simply bad - no pass rush, can't get off the field on 3rd or 4th down, give up big plays, tackle poorly - you name it - no positives whatsoever.  Ledge - nah, every dynasty has to fall to rebuild - that's where we're at.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In Response to Re: GET OFF THE LEDGE... Pats will be just fine, just a little turbulence and ATTRITION!:
    Sorry for typos...

They are finding ways to lose. I find it unbelievable that they are this bad.

On your comment about predictability, I think it boils down to lack of patience. And I believe TB is the reason. I believe that his accomplishment in 2007 has made him into somehting that the SB pats never had -- a superstar in the team. This has given him too much clout in the play-calling, and if not, it has since become tempting to just take the easy route of leaving it up to TB to make something happen on critical downs. The question is whether there is someone in the offensive coaching staff who can override TB? Does TB execute well on plays he does not agree with?

On the D: I don't believe that the pass D can be this bad, regardles of who they have on the roster. I actually believe we will see improvements in the next weeks building up to the playoffs.

I don't have any hypothesis on why they don't seem to be playing hard (exception: WW and TB).

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

You don't have to tell me to get off the ledge.   There are too many on it already.  No room left to get on until someone jumps.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

It's not Brady, it's not Belichick, it's not the offense. 

NE has no pass rush. After TBC go to Henne in the first quarter, Henne started rushing passes. After the quarter was over and Henne hadn't felt a single breath from the lungs of a Patriots' defender touch his body since the early pressure TBC added to him, he calmed down. The Pats blitzed 5, 6, 7 to no avail. 

The keys to having a good 34 defense are: 

1.) A big, tough, physical NT. Do the pats have one? Yes, Big Vince. He draws a double coverage, he stops the run, he guards the screen pretty well.

2.) A good OLB that can get to the QB and drop back to defend the pass and the run. Is there such a player on this roster? NO, we can't touch the QBs we face. What's worst is that we are a bad blitzing team as well. 

Belichick needs to bring in a good OLB next season. We need a pass rush. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kamdog. Show Kamdog's posts

Since they spying was exposed, bellychick has done nothing to make the Pats actually a winning team on their own merits.  He is a fraud.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from simroy. Show simroy's posts

[QUOTE]Since they spying was exposed, bellychick has done nothing to make the Pats actually a winning team on their own merits.  He is a fraud.
    Posted by Kamdog[/QUOTE]

Terrific mastery of the English language Kamdog.  Your local Butchers may be beaming, but you're teachers certainly aren't proud.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Marcus1973. Show Marcus1973's posts

I am usually optimistic but I am not so with this team.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]Since they spying was exposed, bellychick has done nothing to make the Pats actually a winning team on their own merits.  He is a fraud.
    Posted by Kamdog[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure they are still filming with their 1000x zoom cameras just like every  one else, so you can throw that pathetic theory in the trash where it belongs.  While you're at it, please feel free to jump in there after it.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from sox148927. Show sox148927's posts

simroy i do not disagree with a single thing you say. but it is getting to a point where it is not only a presonnel and/or talent issue, there are tons of indicators here that coaching has been far worse than usual this season. this is not a trashing BB reply i love the guy and will have his back to the end. but i also am beginning to question not only certain player decisions but also the way the turnover in the coaching staff has been handled the past year or two. at least in comparison to the way we used to do things around here, the old "patriot way". maybe every assistant just isnt cut out to be the next great coordinator, and that applies not only on gameday but in the daily preparation for each unit each week...

countless stupid unpatriotlike penalties all season long, and not just ticky-tack holds and PI's, but formation penalties, delay of games..just poor time management and misuse of timeouts far too often. they shoot themselves in the foot more than any pats team i can remember from this era...

red zone offense is terrible in large part because they have become so predictable and one dimensional offensively that they bog down when the field shortens and takes the moss deep ball outta their arsenal..whether they are throwing to him or he is used as decoy it changes the entire dynamic when he doesent have 2 sometimes 3 defenders commited to him down the field thereby creating space elsewhere, less space in the red zone makes moss easier to defend which makes everyone easier to defend...yet they still have not found a way to adapt and get creative or tried to get anyone else involved with any consistency, they are far too reliant on welker and moss and everyone knows it, including all of us...

any good OC worth his salt would love to have toys like brady/moss/welker as toys to play with, thinking not only about how to best find ways to create mismatches and get them open, but taking advantage of the mismatches and opportunities it creates elsewhere. this coaching staff cannot seem to take advantage of that luxury.

the dismal second half performances to me are yet another indicator of poor coaching, that says to me that teams are adjusting to us yet we cant seem to make adjustments of our own. there was a time when that was almost a gimme on a BB coached team, they gameplanned and then went out and adjusted on the fly better than anyone else. not anymore.

again this is not a shot at BB or any kinda suggestion he needs to go or anything even close to that. i have seen those posts and they are ridiculous and i am not in that camp at all. but as much as BB makes the decisions he feels are in the best interest of the team and/or give them the best chance to win, he needs to apply the same way of thinking towards his staff and realize when we just arent getting all we can out of our players.

[QUOTE]The problem on offense is the utter lack of a "threatening" running game and uninspired tight end play.  I know Maroney has had decent moments and Watson started out strong, but let's face it - other teams know that if they pressure Brady, double cover Moss, put a body or two on Welker that there's no RB or TE to help offensively.  Our special teams are far from special and our D is atrocious - young yes, possess potential - maybe, but right now they stink, which puts even more pressure on a three-person offense (Brady, Welker, Moss).  Name me one other person in the past four or five games (and I'm not talking about an occasional great play/contribution by Aiken - yes, terrific TD, but he dropped a gimme in crunch time) that has had an appreciable offensive impact?  I can't even go into the D - we're simply bad - no pass rush, can't get off the field on 3rd or 4th down, give up big plays, tackle poorly - you name it - no positives whatsoever.  Ledge - nah, every dynasty has to fall to rebuild - that's where we're at.
    Posted by simroy[/QUOTE]

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Nope.  It's bad.  We cant stop bad teams from scoring, cant stop good teams from scoring, and our offense gets so cold after the first quarter that we cant keep up.  Its pretty much done unless something amazing happens personnel wise that I don't see happening.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wendylee03. Show Wendylee03's posts

I love how the hopefuls live in the past and cant see whats right in front of their face. This team is most likely not going to the playoffs, and if they do will be beat easily. There are now soooo many problems with the coaching as well as the players that the Patriot Dynasty is now over. Bellicheck has proven that in the last 4 years he cannot draft good enough and will not bring in the big players that they need. Im sure Kraft has much to do with that but New England fans better look to the Celtics for a hopeful year, the Pats are done for at least 5 more years