Get ready for it Patriot Nation.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

Get ready for it Patriot Nation.

Peyton Manning is going to be in the top ten of the "NFL's 100 Greatest Players" Brady ranked 21 and some on the NFL network felt that was too high. I don't have to tell you who, but was surprised that Woodson was one of them. After the final ten, the  people involved in the voting will discuss their decisions, Peter King being one of them. It's going to be on the NFL Network tonight in case you're interested.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Re: Get ready for it Patriot Nation.

Peyton Manning is overrated and Tom is serverly underrated...-_-

Come on, Gamey, tell me something I don't know. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

Deos it really matter? Should anyone care? I don't

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChasaB. Show ChasaB's posts

i wonder what is more important to a hall of fame QB, a bunch of media people thinking he is top ten, or getting at least his 4th ring.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Gomer has played 4 more seasons than Brady and has accomplished less.

It's a fact, folks.

Brady has him in every category except for accumulated TDs and Yards thrown.  QB rating is close.

Great QB, clearly top 10 all time, probably top 5, but the obsessive infatuation the media has with him is beyond creepy.

The guy just lost his team the SB last year on a pick 6 and is 9-9 in the postseason.

I have always said he is barely Dan Marino with a ring.  It's pretty accurate.

His strongest statsitcal assets are tied to a rule his own GM helped re-inforce through the officials after 2003, which ironically was when he started stringing together his best regular seasons.

Prior to 2003, he really wasn't playing all that well. His TD/INT ratio was average if not poor at times.  His best season prior to 2003 was 2000.

Brady was drafted in 2000.

If Dan Marino only had what Eggie had around him, and in a dome to boot.  And if Dan Marino only had a Marshall Faulk, Edgerrin James, etc.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from sheldong. Show sheldong's posts

Really, who cares?  So long as we win and Brady is at the helm, Brady is among the very best.  Now, I am a staunch Patriots fan and have been for 43 years (ever since moving to NE).  However, I am also a realist.  Manning and Brady are 1-2 (pick 'em') in the NFL today, and BOTH are sure-fire first round inductees into the hall of fame even if neither plays another game.

I don't like Manning's cockiness off the field, but on the field I would take EITHER QB for a game that I needed.  Of course, I am a Brady fan, but get real -- Manning is a great QB, MUCH better than his father, and his brother is just a another wannabe who threw one lucky pass.  You have to give the devil his due. Manning is a great, future HOF, QB.

Face it, if Manning had been a Patriot and Brady had been a Colt, how many here who praise Brady and dismiss Manning would be singing the opposite tune?

Now, as far as all-time great QBs?  I don't know.  However, I would put the two in adjacent positions in the rankings and you pick 'em as to which one is on top.  Me?  I like Brady -- but then I am a Patriots fan.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYPat. Show NYPat's posts

Totally agree with evil - I don't care what media says - I believe Tom will get 4th ring if not 5. And will always be remembered as the greatest QB in football history.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MarcW1. Show MarcW1's posts

Someone is going to mention Brady's 3 rings to Manning's 1.
    Then Underdoggg is going to remind us that Manning has 4 MVP's.  In 3,2,1

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

That is fine. Trent Dilfer pretty much summed that up a few days ago by saying "the Patriots are the antithesis of the NFL" meaning that other teams want super stars to post gaudy statistical numbers while the Patriots just come to work and "do their jobs". Tom Brady shares Bill Belichick's philosophy of just winning.

He has already proven that he can go out and sling the ball and break every passing record(and team record) in the game, but they realized that may not translate to championships. In the end I think Brady will be just like the great "Bruce Dickenson" (aka Christopher Walken)  saying things like,
    "Easy, guys.. I put my pants on just like the rest of you -- one leg at a time. Except, once my pants are on, I make gold records"

Brady may leave this game as the QB with the best winning percentage and most SB's in NFL history(he already owns one of those marks) These are the two "statistics" that matter the most, oh but he won't be the best QB? LoL!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHUBBIE99. Show CHUBBIE99's posts

Brady without question is a all time great QB. I gave more to the guy who in every big game never miss a field goal. Because with out him we would not even be talking about this. No rings since he has been gone funny.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Oh good a Manning v Brady thread.  We've never had one of these before.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

In Response to Re: Get ready for it Patriot Nation.:
    That is fine. Trent Dilfer pretty much summed that up a few days ago by saying "the Patriots are the antithesis of the NFL" meaning that other teams want super stars to post gaudy statistical numbers while the Patriots just come to work and "do their jobs". Tom Brady shares Bill Belichick's philosophy of just winning. He has already proven that he can go out and sling the ball and break every passing record(and team record) in the game, but they realized that may not translate to championships. In the end I think Brady will be just like the great "Bruce Dickenson" (aka Christopher Walken)  saying things like, "Easy, guys.. I put my pants on just like the rest of you -- one leg at a time. Except, once my pants are on, I make gold records" Brady may leave this game as the QB with the best winning percentage and most SB's in NFL history(he already owns one of those marks) These are the two "statistics" that matter the most, oh but he won't be the best QB? LoL!
    Posted by TrueChamp

Yup. When the smoke clears and Brady wins another or more...

What will trolls do then?

I can't see Montana playing as well as Brady in the cap era. Maybe, but it's something to think about.  By the time Montana was 33, he was pretty much done.

The degree of difficulty for Brady compared to Montana is much, much higher by a long shot.

Raided coaching staffs, personnel movement, lack of talent for a long time at WR compared to Montana and Manning, etc.

Top 5 of my lifetime:

1. Brady
    2. Montana (used to have him as the default, but this is changing now)
    3. Manning
    4. Marino (hard to put him at 5 or out of the top 5 simply because of no ring)
    5. Steve Young

6-10..

Bradshaw
    Troy Aikman
    Favre
    Jim Kelly

Others:

Jim Kelly
    Dan Fouts
    Drew Bledsoe

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

Where is underdog these days? Is he now Indylove?

Also has anyone noticed the absense of Leon since the Jets lost last Sunday.

Funny how he disappeared isn't it

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman2. Show Patsman2's posts

In Response to Re: Get ready for it Patriot Nation. : Yup. When the smoke clears and Brady wins another or more... What will trolls do then? I can't see Montana playing as well as Brady in the cap era. Maybe, but it's something to think about.  By the time Montana was 33, he was pretty much done. The degree of difficulty for Brady compared to Montana is much, much higher by a long shot. Raided coaching staffs, personnel movement, lack of talent for a long time at WR compared to Montana and Manning, etc. Top 5 of my lifetime: 1. Brady 2. Montana (used to have him as the default, but this is changing now) 3. Manning 4. Marino (hard to put him at 5 or out of the top 5 simply because of no ring) 5. Steve Young 6-10.. Bradshaw Troy Aikman Favre Jim Kelly Others: Jim Kelly Dan Fouts Drew Bledsoe
    Posted by BBReigns

Completlely lost on the "Montana wouldnt play as well as Brady in the Cap era".  What does the cap have to do with how he would?  Are you saying the teams wouldnt have been as good or together as long?  I dont buy it.

Funny thing is everytime there is a Manning vs. Brady debate, it always comes down to Brady 3 SB rings vs. Manning 1 SB ring.  Yet Montana has 4 SB rings to Bradys 3 yet you have Brady ahead.  So it looks pretty dumb if you argue Brady is better then Manning because he has more rings, then turn around and say Brady is better then Montana even thou he has less rings.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

The only stat I care about in the end is Super Bowls. If Brady wins that battle, the rest is moot point. I know Indy fans will hang onto their petty little stats and that "Brady had clearly had a superior team" but let's let them have that much at least. It's going to get cold and awfully lonely in Indianapolis once Peyton's gone. Oh and has he signed that deal yet?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

Really, who cares?  So long as we win and Brady is at the helm, Brady is among the very best.  Now, I am a staunch Patriots fan and have been for 43 years (ever since moving to NE).  However, I am also a realist.  Manning and Brady are 1-2 (pick 'em') in the NFL today, and BOTH are sure-fire first round inductees into the hall of fame even if neither plays another game. I don't like Manning's cockiness off the field, but on the field I would take EITHER QB for a game that I needed.  Of course, I am a Brady fan, but get real -- Manning is a great QB, MUCH better than his father, and his brother is just a another wannabe who threw one lucky pass.  You have to give the devil his due. Manning is a great, future HOF, QB. Face it, if Manning had been a Patriot and Brady had been a Colt, how many here who praise Brady and dismiss Manning would be singing the opposite tune? Now, as far as all-time great QBs?  I don't know.  However, I would put the two in adjacent positions in the rankings and you pick 'em as to which one is on top.  Me?  I like Brady -- but then I am a Patriots fan.
    Posted by sheldong

Well I care, I don't feel that Manning is one of the top ten players at this time in his career and I don't think he's should be ranked higher than Brady! I'm interested to see how they justify the ranking . He plays in a dome, he's had the same coaches for the majority of his career and he's had the same players around him for most of his career. Of coarse they are going to say Brady has a HOF coach  behind him so many will say "it's the system"

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

Oh good a Manning v Brady thread.  We've never had one of these before.
    Posted by themightypatriotz

Hey mr mighty mouse!! KMA!! if you don't like it don't read it AH!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHUBBIE99. Show CHUBBIE99's posts

In Response to Re: Get ready for it Patriot Nation. : Yup. When the smoke clears and Brady wins another or more... What will trolls do then? I can't see Montana playing as well as Brady in the cap era. Maybe, but it's something to think about.  By the time Montana was 33, he was pretty much done. The degree of difficulty for Brady compared to Montana is much, much higher by a long shot. Raided coaching staffs, personnel movement, lack of talent for a long time at WR compared to Montana and Manning, etc. Top 5 of my lifetime: 1. Brady 2. Montana (used to have him as the default, but this is changing now) 3. Manning 4. Marino (hard to put him at 5 or out of the top 5 simply because of no ring) 5. Steve Young 6-10.. Bradshaw Troy Aikman Favre Jim Kelly Others: Jim Kelly Dan Fouts Drew Bledsoe
    Posted by BBReigns
    If your going by rings what about big ben just happen to forget about him. I say the greatest last drive in a super bowl not a field goal. 

If your going by rings

I

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

In Response to Re: Get ready for it Patriot Nation. : Completlely lost on the "Montana wouldnt play as well as Brady in the Cap era".  What does the cap have to do with how he would?  Are you saying the teams wouldnt have been as good or together as long?  I dont buy it. Funny thing is everytime there is a Manning vs. Brady debate, it always comes down to Brady 3 SB rings vs. Manning 1 SB ring.  Yet Montana has 4 SB rings to Bradys 3 yet you have Brady ahead.  So it looks pretty dumb if you argue Brady is better then Manning because he has more rings, then turn around and say Brady is better then Montana even thou he has less rings.
    Posted by Patsman2

Lost?

Yo think the quality of the competition in the 1980s, for example, is as competitive in the NFL as it is today?

The NFL today is far more competitive with the degree of difficutly far GREATER.

The obvious reason is the cap, with more of a focus on personnel and money management. How is this even debatable?

Montana had the luxury of having essentially the same O Line and personnel around him, unless it needed to be upgraded, his entire career.

The owner's checkbook helped in the pre cap....today? The checkbook is moot.

Other factors:

1.  More colleges and universities using their programs for breeding ground for the NFL.  Look how much money is spent in the NCAA now specifically as a platform for players to not even go to class and just to get into the NFL.
    2.  More kids go to college. This means  more people are competing to play football.
    3. More minoroties are playing in the NFL. This also increases the level of quality competition.

Finally, coach's staffs are radied far more today which means far less continuity from scouting all the way up to the coaching or GM levels.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

In Response to Re: Get ready for it Patriot Nation. : If your going by rings what about big ben just happen to forget about him. I say the greatest last drive in a super bowl not a field goal.  If your going by rings I
    Posted by CHUBBIE99

What about QB rating in a SB? In SB 40, the Turd has the worst ever.

Rapelisturd  = Jim Plunkett

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHUBBIE99. Show CHUBBIE99's posts

In Response to Re: Get ready for it Patriot Nation. : What about QB rating in a SB? In SB 40, the Turd has the worst ever. Rapelisturd  = Jim Plunkett
    Posted by BBReigns

Now i know your just a homer to say that. you only care about rings not stats because if you are going stats, nobody going to have manning stats.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman2. Show Patsman2's posts

In Response to Re: Get ready for it Patriot Nation. : Lost? Yo think the quality of the competition in the 1980s, for example, is as competitive in the NFL as it is today? The NFL today is far more competitive with the degree of difficutly far GREATER. The obvious reason is the cap, with more of a focus on personnel and money management. How is this even debatable? Montana had the luxury of having essentially the same O Line and personnel around him, unless it needed to be upgraded, his entire career. The owner's checkbook helped in the pre cap....today? The checkbook is moot. Other factors: 1.  More colleges and universities using their programs for breeding ground 2.  More kids go to college. This means  more people are competing to play football. 3. More minoroties are playing in the NFL. This also increases the level of quality competition. Finally, coach's staffs are radied far more today which means far less continuity from scouting all the way up to the coaching or GM levels.
    Posted by BBReigns

Yes Lost becasue your making an arguement that you can't prove.  Basically all Montana did was win and your arguement is well if he played today or well if he didnt have the same players or this or that.  For all you know if he played today he would have 5 or 7 SB's.  If your arguement is based on nothing but what ifs and not facts then thats a very weak arguement indeed.

Again you cant have it both ways.  You cant get on Manning and say oh he only has 1 SB and he is 9-9 in the playoffs, he CAN"T get it done in the big games.  Then with Montana who DID/CAN get it done in the big games, say, oh well that was only because there was no cap and this and that blah blah blah. 

You have to have a criteria for deciding why you think a player is the best and then apply that criteria CONSISTANTLY across all players.  You can't pick and choose when you apply it.  Well you can, but it just makes your arguement weak.

I still think Montana is at the top until Tom gets #4 and hopefully #5.  I am a result oriented type grader.  To me those SB rings matter alot even if it is just 1 more.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHUBBIE99. Show CHUBBIE99's posts

In Response to Re: Get ready for it Patriot Nation. : Yes Lost becasue your making an arguement that you can't prove.  Basically all Montana did was win and your arguement is well if he played today or well if he didnt have the same players or this or that.  For all you know if he played today he would have 5 or 7 SB's.  If your arguement is based on nothing but what ifs and not facts then thats a very weak arguement indeed. Again you cant have it both ways.  You cant get on Manning and say oh he only has 1 SB and he is 9-9 in the playoffs, he CAN"T get it done in the big games.  Then with Montana who DID/CAN get it done in the big games, say, oh well that was only because there was no cap and this and that blah blah blah.  You have to have a criteria for deciding why you think a player is the best and then apply that criteria CONSISTANTLY across all players.  You can't pick and choose when you apply it.  Well you can, but it just makes your arguement weak. I still think Montana is at the top until Tom gets #4 and hopefully #5.  I am a result oriented type grader.  To me those SB rings matter alot even if it is just 1 more.
    Posted by Patsman2

Did Montana every lose a super bowl? or bradshaw he also has 4 rings.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Yet, Manning's "greatness" is always centered around regular season stats.  That's what people point to and his dad played for the Saints, so it's a familiar name.

Look at his QB rating after Polian went to the Comp. Committe and started demaning more PI calls.

Yup.

MUCH HIGHER, isn't it?

You say I am trying to have it both ways, when all I am doing is laying out a context.

I am more impressed with Brady in this era, than Montana in his.  And this is coming from someone who thinks Montana is better than Marino or Mannning, by a good margin.

It's that simple.  Brady has had more to deal with:

3 OCs, weaker WR groups, not as good as an RB group compared to Montana, harder divisions comapred to Montaan's Saints, Rams and Falcons opponents. inclement weather, etc.

I would expect Manning to have better stats in a dome, one OC, and his GM on the Comp. Committee looking for ways to generate more offense for his style offense.

Finally, when you look at Brady at age 33 and compare Montana in KC?

Look at the physical make up and differences.

Montana had Jerry Rice, arguably the greatest player EVER for 2 rings and for like 7 seasons.

Brady had Moss for 1 and a few games.

I have no issue with Montana at 1. I said that.

I just recently moved Brady up because he's done more with less and I expect another ring in the next 5 years.

If you go to 5 SBs, and have 4 rings in the cap era?  That'll never happen again.

Not to mention, Brady's best regular season is the best EVER.

Hello??

Anyone comparing the cap era to the pre cap era, and pretending the pre cap is the same degreee of difficulty as it as now, might want to head off to a Deducitve Logic course at a local community college.

To not include this context is ludicrous.

The exact reason the NFL implemented the cap was to increase competition.

Even if you compared the only other QB to do 3 rings in 4 years in the cap era, which actually isn't true since Dallas won in 1992 and 1993 at the dawn of the cap era, Aikman's cast is clearly more impressive BECAUSE there was no cap.

Hence, Brady's leadership for 3/4 with NE is MORE IMPRESSIVE THAN THAT.

Ask Troy Aikmen himself.

Gee, I wonder why Dallas has sucked in the cap era?

Or post 1994-SF?

Or.....

Get it?

Brady has constantly dealt with change, by and large because everyone wants a piece of the NE pie.

Do we have to go over this topic again? Really, trolls?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHUBBIE99. Show CHUBBIE99's posts

Yet, Manning's "greatness" is always centered around regular season stats.  That's what people point to and his dad played for the Saints, so it's a familiar name. Look at his QB rating after Polian went to the Comp. Committe and started demaning more PI calls. Yup. MUCH HIGHER, isn't it? You say I am trying to have it both ways, when all I am doing is laying out a context. I am more impressed with Brady in this era, than Montana in his.  And this is coming from someone who thinks Montana is better than Marino or Mannning, by a good margin. It's that simple.  Brady has had more to deal with: 3 OCs, weaker WR groups, not as good as an RB group compared to Montana, harder divisions comapred to Montaan's Saints, Rams and Falcons opponents. inclement weather, etc. I would expect Manning to have better stats in a dome, one OC, and his GM on the Comp. Committee looking for ways to generate more offense for his style offense. Finally, when you look at Brady at age 33 and compare Montana in KC? Look at the physical make up and differences. Montana had Jerry Rice, arguably the greatest player EVER for 2 rings and for like 7 seasons. Brady had Moss for 1 and a few games. I have no issue with Montana at 1. I said that. I just recently moved Brady up because he's done more with less and I expect another ring in the next 5 years. If you go to 5 SBs, and have 4 rings in the cap era?  That'll never happen again. Not to mention, Brady's best regular season is the best EVER. Hello?? Anyone comparing the cap era to the pre cap era, and pretending the pre cap is the same degreee of difficulty as it as now, might want to head off to a Deducitve Logic course at a local community college. To not include this context is ludicrous. The exact reason the NFL implemented the cap was to increase competition. Even if you compared the only other QB to do 3 rings in 4 years in the cap era, which actually isn't true since Dallas won in 1992 and 1993 at the dawn of the cap era, Aikman's cast is clearly more impressive BECAUSE there was no cap. Hence, Brady's leadership for 3/4 with NE is MORE IMPRESSIVE THAN THAT. Ask Troy Aikmen himself. Gee, I wonder why Dallas has sucked in the cap era? Or post 1994-SF? Or..... Get it? Brady has constantly dealt with change, by and large because everyone wants a piece of the NE pie. Do we have to go over this topic again? Really, trolls?
    Posted by BBReigns
    Just look about the same beside 1 year 28 tds. 4200yards. before and after. what year was the last ring? brady deals so well with change.

Sections
Shortcuts