Get ready for it Patriot Nation.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from quasi1981. Show quasi1981's posts

Re: Get ready for it Patriot Nation.

BBReigns - You are absolutely right about the cap era being infinitely harder to win multiple championships, and after our 3rd title in 04, even the Cowboys, who also won 3 in 4 years said that they never thought any team would do that again in the with the cap era now in place, because teams turn over incredibly fast now a day. Many coaches and GMs had to agree.  It is very easy to get that one SB now than back then, heck, even Trent Dilfer got one.  But what happens is the teams lose players immediately after the SB, and they may fall apart the next year.  

So in this era, it is actually easier to get good very fast, and in the next year or two, you can become very bad, where in the pre-cap era, it was harder to get good fast, because the good teams stayed good longer, because contracts were valid for its entirety, and the players the bad teams had with long contracts couldn't be broken, and now a day, 5 year contracts are guaranteed for seemingly 2-3 years maybe, making it easier to change the whole team very fast either way.

Now to say Montana was washed up at 33, players are in much better shape, they workout all year round.  Surgeries are much more better now, so players have less scar tissue, and they come back much healthier.  Montana also went to a so so Chief team and then made them look like a great team that might win it all.  He was a great QB.  I watched his whole career, living just north of SF since 1980, and in the Brady era, I have moved back to Boston a few times, plus I have had Direct tv, and until 2007, I would have taken Brady, but in 07, I saw Brady stop doing the things that made him great like throwing to the open receiver, sustained drives which in 07 didn't exist.  We scored so fast that the D was out there all day, they got complacent because the games were never close till the 2nd half of the season, and I believe the team thought the Offense was so good, and by the time the SB
    vs the Giants, the offensive line in particular, seemed very lethargic as if their mere presence was enough.  

Now Brady seems to be coming back to managing the game again, and it's funny how it is said, a young QB manages the game until he learns enough, and then he doesn't have to anymore.  His job IS to manage the game.  Look at all the multiple SB winners, even NFL/AFL winners like Bart Starr, Bob Griese, Bradshaw, Plunkett, Montana, Simms, Aikman, Elway, who won when he was older and actually managed the game, Brady, and Big Ben.  They all played on teams that wanted to win as a team, and the QBs generally played mistake free ball, good running game, and some of these QBs could air it out, like Simms, but toned it down to win big games.

It's funny how in the Moss era, there were 2 games we really needed our offense to play well, and one was the SB, where we scored a whole 14 points, and all of you were shocked, and then blamed the D for the loss.  The D was not the teams strength by then, and the offense was needed and failed.  Heck, even the 06 Reche Caldwell team scored 34 points vs the Colts in the AFC title game, and then in 09, last year, the Ravens scored 24 in the 1st Q and the offense didn't do a thing.  Once again the D was our weakness, and the offense, supposedly our strength, and once again 14 points is all we got.

Brady became Manning in a way.  Manning's 10 losses have averaged 12 points in each of them.

The Moss offense didn't translate into the playoffs, and I saw that clearly in the 2nd home game, I believe vs the Bills.  I did not like it at all, with lots of fluff, no toughness at all, and I got beaten up here in these posts all year, but I took it and stuck to my guns, and now most of you who saw this great offense as the greatest of all time, have realized it didn't score when it needed it most; in the one game that mattered every year, the game you win it all or your hopes for a title end, whether it be getting ousted in the SB, or not making the playoffs at all.

And yes it is harder to win it all now, no question.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHUBBIE99. Show CHUBBIE99's posts

In Response to Re: Get ready for it Patriot Nation.:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Get ready for it Patriot Nation. : You clearly are a Troll.  Who put the kicker in place to win the games?  Who drove  the team all the way down the field against the Rams when all the "experts" expected the Pats to run out the clock and go into overtime? Then you mention the rapist and his great drive? He played like crap most of the time. Not even close.
    Posted by boomerst3[/QUOTE] Thats all you could come up with (troll ) (Rapist)
    How about the game winning drive, and the 2 rings nothing about that not even close. 01-03-04 that seems to be along time ago.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Jim Plunkett as 2 rings, too.

Rapelisturd = Lucky and Jim Plunkett

Eli Manning is essentially Rapelisturd.  One has one ring, the other has 2, but no one really considers them elite.

Rapelisturd's QB rating in SB 40 is so horrendous, don't force me to plaster it here.

It's worse than any of Elway's or Vince Ferragamo for crying out loud.

Good thing the refs very possibly threw that SB in Detroit that year.  We know the ref came out recently and admitted such.

Remember, you are on a Pats board.   If you want to prop up "Big Ben", I'd do it elsewhere.

He's scummy and overrated. I do, however, give him credit for the game winner in SB 43. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

In Response to Get ready for it Patriot Nation.:
    [QUOTE]Peyton Manning is going to be in the top ten of the "NFL's 100 Greatest Players" Brady ranked 21 and some on the NFL network felt that was too high. I don't have to tell you who, but was surprised that Woodson was one of them. After the final ten, the  people involved in the voting will discuss their decisions, Peter King being one of them. It's going to be on the NFL Network tonight in case you're interested.
    Posted by NEGAME[/QUOTE]

With all due respect, who cares? I know deep in my heart that Brett Favre is teh GREATEST QB of all time. Look at his stats, starting with consecutive games. He hold the records for TD's, passes, yards, etc. Today's hacks (self professed "experts") can't rmember what they had for breakfast Monday morning, so let them drool all over Pay-a-ton. I wonder how his stats would stack up against guys like Unitas, Marino, and Tarkenton if THEY played their entire career inside domes for a minimum 50% of their games (home games), let alone the trips to Houston, Atlanta, Seattle, Minnesota, Detroit, etc.

Anyone saying that playing outdoors in mid December, in -15 degree chill factor, snowing, wind whipping around at 20 MPH (gusts to 35 MPH) is no different than being inside a controlled 72 degree, enclosed LOUD dome is, well, a Dolt troll.

I say let them drool and have visions of sexual delight while heaping addulation all over Old Horse Face. Doesn't matter to me 1 iota. Just bring home ANOTHER Super Bowl trophy in February. They both (Brady and "HIM" will eventually be in the HOF, so that's a "push" in Vegas. One wil pile up huge offensive numbers, while teh other will have a huge advantage in teh nu8mber that REALLY matters: Lombardi Trophies.

Personally, I'm gonna watch re-runs of Two And A Half Men.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Did you just say Favre is greatest QB of all time?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from quasi1981. Show quasi1981's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Get ready for it Patriot Nation. : With all due respect, who cares? I know deep in my heart that Brett Favre is teh GREATEST QB of all time. Look at his stats, starting with consecutive games. He hold the records for TD's, passes, yards, etc. Today's hacks (self professed "experts") can't rmember what they had for breakfast Monday morning, so let them drool all over Pay-a-ton. I wonder how his stats would stack up against guys like Unitas, Marino, and Tarkenton if THEY played their entire career inside domes for a minimum 50% of their games (home games), let alone the trips to Houston, Atlanta, Seattle, Minnesota, Detroit, etc. Anyone saying that playing outdoors in mid December, in -15 degree chill factor, snowing, wind whipping around at 20 MPH (gusts to 35 MPH) is no different than being inside a controlled 72 degree, enclosed LOUD dome is, well, a Dolt troll. I say let them drool and have visions of sexual delight while heaping addulation all over Old Horse Face. Doesn't matter to me 1 iota. Just bring home ANOTHER Super Bowl trophy in February. They both (Brady and "HIM" will eventually be in the HOF, so that's a "push" in Vegas. One wil pile up huge offensive numbers, while teh other will have a huge advantage in teh nu8mber that REALLY matters: Lombardi Trophies. Personally, I'm gonna watch re-runs of Two And A Half Men.
    Posted by AZPAT[/QUOTE]

Favre was great, having also the most interceptions, like Manning he throws most of his picks at the most crucial times of the most important games, and yes he can be amazing making some of the greatest plays when he seems most out of balance, and that same player is the one who screws up more than anyone else.

He and Manning have amazing careers on paper, but what about winning the big ones.  Very seldom, when their team loses the biggest of games, does someone else on their team screw it up.  It is almost always them.

MEANING?  They are not big game, clutch QBs!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from quasi1981. Show quasi1981's posts

[QUOTE]Did you just say Favre is greatest QB of all time?
    Posted by BBReigns[/QUOTE]

BBReign, I agree with this wholeheartedly, and like Peyton, he made some of the most boneheaded plays ever the biggest of games.

I also know you are right about it being incredibly much harder in this era to win SBs because of the, not only the cap, but other things.  Go back one page, 4 posts up from the bottom, and I may have some more info to battle with these fans.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

I guess it all depends on how you define 'great' and that is totally subjective.  What one may consider vital in making the determination another may consider irrelevant. 

I consider Montana and Brady great by my own criteria.  I consider Favre to be impressive in much the same way that Cal Ripken is impressive but I'm not sure that either is great.  My view; feel free to disagree.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Get ready for it Patriot Nation. : BBReign, I agree with this wholeheartedly, and like Peyton, he made some of the most boneheaded plays ever the biggest of games. I also know you are right about it being incredibly much harder in this era to win SBs because of the, not only the cap, but other things.  Go back one page, 4 posts up from the bottom, and I may have some more info to battle with these fans.
    Posted by quasi[/QUOTE]

Absolutely. I admire their careers, especially Favre's stuff in the 1990s, but please.

Favre the best ever? WHy? Because he reminds how us we looked in the backyard, throwing the ball around wildly?

Favre has lost more winnable games than any QB I have ever seen.
    Because of him.

When Ron Wolf retired from GB and they lost all that Pro Bowl talent, Favre went down the tubes.

He might be the  most overrated NFL player ever.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from quasi1981. Show quasi1981's posts

I have been reading thru all these posts and some from way back some have been interesting, particularly the one about the old Pats having a 10 point lead or so, and the team would just have sustained drives for one or even 2Qs without any scoring, and as soon as the other team scores, the Pats would score virtually every time. This one post said it was the Pats system of winning SBs.

That is incorrect.  I read an article w/ his Dad and he said Tom had always been that way since he was a kid.  He seemingly played to the score, and scored when it was needed.

Personally I loved that about Brady back then, mostly because it kept everyone involved in the game, no letdowns, and all this ended with Moss era, when we blew everyone out, and the D especially would begin to get lethargic late in the 1st half, early 2nd.  I knew it wasn't good, because we forgot how to play for 60 minutes in the trenches where the games are won and lost, and I also didn't think the new offense would translate in the playoffs which was correct, 14 points a game in SB loss and Playoffs last year vs the Ravens.  The Oline came out looking very complacent in the SB vs the Giants, and got their butts whipped, which was sad.

I remember in the 1st quarter, early 2nd maybe against the Eagles in our last SB win, and the Pats looked horrible on offense.  Something wasn't right with Brady and I knew it, and saw the whole team out of sync offensively.  I was living here in SF, and my brother was at a SB party back there with all my cousins, aunts, and uncles, and they were all nervous, and I told them all we needed was for the Eagles to score and then watch out, and they were "what"?

The Eagles scored to take, I believe, a 7 - 0 lead, and Tom came out with the offense right after, and you could see it in his manner, more relaxed and whatever he did or said, and the way they came out of the huddle, you knew they were ready, and they started their march down field and controlled the trenches the rest of the game.  This was the Joe Montana, the part of Brady's spirit which made him great.  His QB as a kid was Joe, and he obviously took on much of his persona, the way they were most relaxed at games end when they were neck and neck, and everything was on the table, his ability to see the whole field like Joe, and they were both just winners.  Tom lost most of that in the last few years, and that is what all of us are seeing in the last month, the reemerging of the late great Tom Brady.  He is not just the leader of the offense, but the leader of the team, and they are responding to him, and let's just say his mystique is back, and all the players, even most of us can feel it and we are drawn to it.  Now I can begin to see him maybe being as great or greater than Joe Montana, and being out here, I have watched both of them closely, being a Pats fan (can never get them out of the child in me) and a 49er fan as an adult.

Back then Tom could hold the close leads forever, it seemed, or come back from being down in the 4th like few others ever at the time.  If you noticed, in the last years with the big offense, he seemed to lose that ability, I believe, because he wasn't playing to the score, and wasn't looking for his "favorite" receiver. I am not saying the old Brady didn't win by crushing teams at times, but the whole team was always involved in the game. It was always about the whole team. In the year they lost to the Bills in game one after the Milloy left, I believe they were never never behind the rest of the year thru that winning streak.

What I see now, is Brady is coming back to us, and you can see it by how great he is playing in the second half and down the stretch, and the rest of the team is following suit!

So long Randy!  I watched you here with the Raider and back here with the Pats, and your time was here was better than I expected after the fiasco here, and I knew if anyone could get your attention it was BB and Tom.  

See ya!

Welcome back Tom!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TampaPete. Show TampaPete's posts

BBReigns wrote: That was actually Leonard Marshall, no?

Well, yes and no.

January 4, 1987 NFC Semi-Finals

From the NYTimes: "Montana was hurt when Jim Burt smashed into him as Montana was throwing a pass. Lawrence Taylor intercepted and returned the ball 34 yards for a touchdown, the Giants' third in the second quarter."

Full story: http://www.nytimes.com/1987/01/05/sports/giants-roll-over-49ers-and-on-to-nfc-final.html

See the hit on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAY_fUOF2HA&feature=related

1990 NFC Championship

Marshall knocks Montana out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZDSS9rw3x0&feature=related

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from quasi1981. Show quasi1981's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Get ready for it Patriot Nation. : BBReign, I agree with this wholeheartedly, and like Peyton, he made some of the most boneheaded plays ever the biggest of games. I also know you are right about it being incredibly much harder in this era to win SBs because of the, not only the cap, but other things.  Go back one page, 4 posts up from the bottom, and I may have some more info to battle with these fans.
    Posted by quasi[/QUOTE]

One thing about Ripken I do remember is around the time he broke the games in a row streak, he really began to hurt his team.  He was tired an just wanted to play.  There becomes the time you have to realize you are hurting your team.  Favre may be doing this same thing.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bradleyBliss. Show bradleyBliss's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Get ready for it Patriot Nation. : This is a good post.  Don't know if you meant it exactly as it is written, but there may be no better QB for belichick ("under center for the pats") than brady.  I often say that manning could have had 5 rings with that Pats D.  I still think that, but as a QB for Belichick, I don't know.  Whether or not you specifically meant it, you may be absolutely right. 
    Posted by Indylove[/QUOTE]

YOU say alot of crap here on OUR BOARD...doesn't make any of it worth anything!!!!  TWO WEEKS...two days until the ponies come to town.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bradleyBliss. Show bradleyBliss's posts

[QUOTE]Manning has just compiled stats these kinds of hero-worshippers can't ignore. The only way for Brady to ultimately beat out Manning in this deal, say, ten years from now, is to get to five or six rings compares to Manning's one or two. When they retire, if Manning still has one ring and Brady has six, Brady will be the highest. If Brady has five, he'll still be right up there. Brady can't catch Manning on stats but if he picks up more rings, the voters will come around. 
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker[/QUOTE]

Hey Spanker!  GOMER will not get anymore Lombardis because Rex Grossman has been benched in DC!!!!  May not even play again....unless Gomer needs a new backup!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbtshoes. Show mbtshoes's posts

Thanks for your share.very good. [url=http://www.chaussure-tn-air.com/nike-tn-hommes-cuir-basket-tn-2009-de-micheal-jackson-p-79.html] Basket Tn 2009 De Micheal Jackson [/url] [url=http://www.shox-chaussures.com/acheter-nike-shox-en-blanc-et-or-p-198.html] Acheter Nike Shox [/url] [url=http://www.max-tn-chaussure.com/nike-collection-2010-couleurs-p-61.html] Nike Tn Collection 2010 [/url] at last check the payment legally or not.so you can enjoy to buy online like me! [url=http://www.bottes-ugg-bottes.com/bottes-ugg-classic-bottes-ugg-classic-mini-classic-bottes-ugg-en-couleur-marron-p-510.html] Classic Bottes Ugg [/url][url=http://www.mbt-shoescom.com/air-max-shoes-mens-wholesale-air-max-mens-silverblue-shoes-p-239.html] Air Max Men's [/url][url=http://www.tiffany-deals.com/tiffany-replica-silver-jewelry-open-wave-pendant-p-218.html]Tiffany Engagement Necklaces[/url]

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

It ain't about Brady or Manning. Brady or Manning does not exist without the other 52 guys supporting them. It's about the team.
    Who cares what some TV analyst thinks is the best QB. Their opinions are subjective.
    Who cares about individual stats. They are just abstractions, mostly taken out of context of the whole.
    We know we have a great QB regardless of others opinions, stats etc and he is focused on the big picture: the success of the whole team. 

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

[QUOTE]Peyton Manning is overrated and Tom is serverly underrated...-_- Come on, Gamey, tell me something I don't know. 
    Posted by 49Patriots[/QUOTE]
    Didn't TB lose to the Brownies today? He shoulders all the responsibility since he won 3 SB rings all by himself. Got one SB MVP for throwing for 148 yards. What?