Get ready for it Patriot Nation.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Re: Get ready for it Patriot Nation.

His rating went up, though. Stats were somewhat similar, but if you look at the rating post 2003, when Polian went to the committee, his rating went up immediately.

That's not really a coincidence.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman2. Show Patsman2's posts

In Response to Re: Get ready for it Patriot Nation.:
    [QUOTE]Yet, Manning's "greatness" is always centered around regular season stats.  That's what people point to and his dad played for the Saints, so it's a familiar name. Look at his QB rating after Polian went to the Comp. Committe and started demaning more PI calls. Yup. MUCH HIGHER, isn't it? You say I am trying to have it both ways, when all I am doing is laying out a context. I am more impressed with Brady in this era, than Montana in his.  And this is coming from someone who thinks Montana is better than Marino or Mannning, by a good margin. It's that simple.  Brady has had more to deal with: 3 OCs, weaker WR groups, not as good as an RB group compared to Montana, harder divisions comapred to Montaan's Saints, Rams and Falcons opponents. inclement weather, etc. I would expect Manning to have better stats in a dome, one OC, and his GM on the Comp. Committee looking for ways to generate more offense for his style offense. Finally, when you look at Brady at age 33 and compare Montana in KC? Look at the physical make up and differences. Montana had Jerry Rice, arguably the greatest player EVER for 2 rings and for like 7 seasons. Brady had Moss for 1 and a few games. I have no issue with Montana at 1. I said that. I just recently moved Brady up because he's done more with less and I expect another ring in the next 5 years. If you go to 5 SBs, and have 4 rings in the cap era?  That'll never happen again. Not to mention, Brady's best regular season is the best EVER. Hello?? Anyone comparing the cap era to the pre cap era, and pretending the pre cap is the same degreee of difficulty as it as now, might want to head off to a Deducitve Logic course at a local community college. To not include this context is ludicrous. The exact reason the NFL implemented the cap was to increase competition. Even if you compared the only other QB to do 3 rings in 4 years in the cap era, which actually isn't true since Dallas won in 1992 and 1993 at the dawn of the cap era, Aikman's cast is clearly more impressive BECAUSE there was no cap. Hence, Brady's leadership for 3/4 with NE is MORE IMPRESSIVE THAN THAT. Ask Troy Aikmen himself. Gee, I wonder why Dallas has sucked in the cap era? Or post 1994-SF? Or..... Get it? Brady has constantly dealt with change, by and large because everyone wants a piece of the NE pie. Do we have to go over this topic again? Really, trolls?
    Posted by BBReigns[/QUOTE]

No obviously you dont get it.  You say Brady did it in the CAP era but you HAVE NO PROOF THAT MONTANA COULD NOT.  Based on your arguement anyone that played in the CAP era HAS TO BE better then anyone that did not.  Thats a dumb arguement.  Great players are GREAT because you recognize they have the talent to be successful in any era or situation. 

If thats how you argue then I am going to say Manning is better then Brady because Manning had to play coached by a dolt like Dungy while Brady was coached by BB.  Obvisouly thats an unfair advantage to Brady and if Manning was being coached by BB he would cleary have 10 SB rings by now......  See how dumb that type of arguement sounds????

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman2. Show Patsman2's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Get ready for it Patriot Nation. :  Did Montana every lose a super bowl? or bradshaw he also has 4 rings.
    Posted by CHUBBIE99[/QUOTE]

Not only did Montana never loss a SB (4-0), he was the MVP in 3 of them.  In those 4 games he threw 11 TD's and 0 INTS and had a combined passer rating of 127.8.  Pretty good if you ask me.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

As if Brady couldn't have been the MVP in the one Branch was?

lol

Or SB 42, when he threw the go ahead TD with 2 minutes left?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Indylove. Show Indylove's posts

[QUOTE]Someone is going to mention Brady's 3 rings to Manning's 1. Then Underdoggg is going to remind us that Manning has 4 MVP's.  In 3,2,1
    Posted by MarcW1[/QUOTE]

Can't believe I missed this thread.  Oh my. 

Hi everyone. 

What I'll remind everyone is that SB Rings are team efforts.  Manning would have 5 with the pats with the defense you guys had.  Top ten huh?  not too shabby. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Indylove. Show Indylove's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Get ready for it Patriot Nation. : Not only did Montana never loss a SB (4-0), he was the MVP in 3 of them.  In those 4 games he threw 11 TD's and 0 INTS and had a combined passer rating of 127.8.  Pretty good if you ask me.
    Posted by Patsman2[/QUOTE]
    That is amazing.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Get ready for it Patriot Nation. : No obviously you dont get it.  You say Brady did it in the CAP era but you HAVE NO PROOF THAT MONTANA COULD NOT.  Based on your arguement anyone that played in the CAP era HAS TO BE better then anyone that did not.  Thats a dumb arguement.  Great players are GREAT because you recognize they have the talent to be successful in any era or situation.  If thats how you argue then I am going to say Manning is better then Brady because Manning had to play coached by a dolt like Dungy while Brady was coached by BB.  Obvisouly thats an unfair advantage to Brady and if Manning was being coached by BB he would cleary have 10 SB rings by now......  See how dumb that type of arguement sounds????

Listen, Jets troll.

I said in my first post "maybe" Montana would be as good as Brady in this era, but we don't know.

Hence, why I said "maybe".

If BB and Brady had what Walsh and MOntana had (open checkbook, no cap), I am not sure they'd lose games.

How;s that?

If the Manning />Brady argument is Manning has better numbers, then wouldn't that mean the argument of Manning had much better offensive talent ring true, when comparing Brady's talent?

Oh, I think it would, Jets troll!

What I do know is, coaches, players and GMs deal with a lot more difficulties today in the cap era landscape than pre 1993.

That's a fact, just like it is in every other sport with a cap.

Also, it's "argument". Not "arguement". If you are going to continue to use that word, I suggest you learn how to spell it.

And, my "argument" is not only a strong premise, I am proven right over and over with my well sourced premises with data, facts and substance behind my premise.

You come in here as a Jets troll enraged Brady will go down as the greatest ever. And you don't say anything except "that is a dumb arguement".

I do homework, you don't.

Explain to us how the pre cap era is as challenging as today's game, professor.

Let's see if you have what it takes. $100m you backpedal away from trying to back up your premise of there being no difference in the difference of the two eras.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHUBBIE99. Show CHUBBIE99's posts

[QUOTE]As if Brady couldn't have been the MVP in the one Branch was? lol Or SB 42, when he threw the go ahead TD with 2 minutes left?
    NO he should have not have wow the mvp the number 1 offense scored 7 points in 58 mins. and they lost.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Get ready for it Patriot Nation. : Hey mr mighty mouse!! KMA!! if you don't like it don't read it AH!!
    Posted by NEGAME[/QUOTE]

Sorry Game not criticizing you for starting the thread.  Just saying, here we go again ...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman2. Show Patsman2's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Get ready for it Patriot Nation. : Listen, Jets troll. I said in my first post "maybe" Montana would be as good as Brady in this era, but we don't know. Hence, why I said "maybe". If BB and Brady had what Walsh and MOntana had (open checkbook, no cap), I am not sure they'd lose games. How;s that? If the Manning />Brady argument is Manning has better numbers, then wouldn't that mean the argument of Manning had much better offensive talent ring true, when comparing Brady's talent? Oh, I think it would, Jets troll! What I do know is, coaches, players and GMs deal with a lot more difficulties today in the cap era landscape than pre 1993. That's a fact, just like it is in every other sport with a cap. Also, it's "argument". Not "arguement". If you are going to continue to use that word, I suggest you learn how to spell it.   And, my "argument" is not only a strong premise, I am proven right over and over with my well sourced premises with data, facts and substance behind my premise. You come in here as a Jets troll enraged Brady will go down as the greatest ever. And you don't say anything except "that is a dumb arguement". I do homework, you don't. Explain to us how the pre cap era is as challenging as today's game, professor. Let's see if you have what it takes. $100m you backpedal away from trying to back up your premise of there being no difference in the difference of the two eras.

RUSTY!!!!!!  Got to love it.  Here I am making a case for Montana and RUSTY!!!! losing the argument calls me a JETS TROLL.   I had no idea that being a Montana fan made one a Jets troll. 

Only Rusty could actually say this about himself with a straight face -- "I am proven right over and over with my well sourced premises with data, facts and substance".  LOL, ok will call you Professor Rusty.  Funny how all those facts lead to the conclusion that "MAYBE" Montana could be as good as Brady in this era.  Must take alot of research to conclude "MAYBE"

If anyone is enranged it is you RUSTY can.  I said Brady in my opionion, was 2nd behind Montana and you can't live with that.   

And lastly of course you make things up in your oversized head.  I don't have to prove that the pre cap era was tougher then post cap because my arguement is you cant prove that and it is dumb to try (thou you continue to do so).  There are no facts, data or substance to conclude how Montana would do today or how Brady would have done back then.  Thats all subjective.  Well it is to us mere mortals, but were not all Professor Rusty's with complete knowledge of everything.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Trolls always ruin it.   It's a gimme. They just can't handle the concept of Brady possibly being considered #1 all time when it's said and done.

I didn't lose the arugment at all.

YOU challenged my premise. I am asking you to state yours, or at least back up the reasoning as to WHY the pre cap era (pre-1993) features the same degree of difficulty as the cap era.

I listed at least 5 factors to support my opinion, you have listed ZERO to counter it.

ZERO.

Let's see if you can do it. You obviously dispute my premise, so let's see you counter it.

Use bullet points like I did and then summarize.

We're waiting....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Hey last time I checked Brady has 4 rings, 3 Super Bowl rings and a wedding band and he got the last one by marrying one of the worlds Hottest ladies! What did goober do marry some High School sweathog? Goober couldn't out work Tom on his best day and he definately couldn't land a super model with his looks,he's lucky the High School Sweathog was still available.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman2. Show Patsman2's posts

[QUOTE]Trolls always ruin it.   It's a gimme. They just can't handle the concept of Brady possibly being considered #1 all time when it's said and done. I didn't lose the arugment at all. YOU challenged my premise. I am asking you to state yours, or at least back up the reasoning as to WHY the pre cap era (pre-1993) features the same degree of difficulty as the cap era. I listed at least 5 factors to support my opinion, you have listed ZERO to counter it. ZERO. Let's see if you can do it. You obviously dispute my premise, so let's see you counter it. Use bullet points like I did and then summarize. We're waiting....

Thanks Rusty you just made my arguement for me.  You said 'to support my OPINION".  So you have now came around to my point that its not a FACT its an opinion.  So your basing your arguement on an OPINION not a FACT. 

Now put on your PINK HAT and go sit in the corner.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Get ready for it Patriot Nation. : Thanks Rusty you just made my arguement for me.  You said 'to support my OPINION".  So you have now came around to my point that its not a FACT its an opinion.  So your basing your arguement on an OPINION not a FACT.  Now put on your PINK HAT and go sit in the corner.

Or premise. I still see you are spelling argument incorrectly. Poor troll. Unable to learn. What a shock.

That's correct. I formulate an opinon based on FACTS.

Get it? 

Did you finish high school ? I did.

What was your senior year English thesis about, if you can remember?

You are disputing my premise.   So, we can guess yours will read:

"The NFL eras have not changed much, if at all, from when Montana played until now."

There, I did it for you.

But, I actually helped you out because I played it conservative.

Your premise, considering you are taking such issue with my case, is actually more polarizing than that.

Apparently, the speed of the NFL, the comlexity of defensive schemes, the level of competition, the ability for teams to keep personnel for 10 years, etc, etc, less minorities allowed to coach or even play in the NFL (Simoan players are some of the best in the NFL right now, while barely any played in the 1980s), etc, are all STRONGER elements of the league back then.

Right, troll?

If that is the case,  use facts to explain why.

Now, change out of that Jersey Shore wife beater, put the yellow Camaro in the car, Leon, and please explain to us, what FACTS support this premise.

How did you deduce your premise?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

[QUOTE]The only stat I care about in the end is Super Bowls. If Brady wins that battle, the rest is moot point. I know Indy fans will hang onto their petty little stats and that "Brady had clearly had a superior team" but let's let them have that much at least. It's going to get cold and awfully lonely in Indianapolis once Peyton's gone. Oh and has he signed that deal yet?
    Posted by apdynasty23[/QUOTE]

this is how I feel as well... because in the end if brady has 6 sb's  people will say what ever they want but wont be able to deny it...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman2. Show Patsman2's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Get ready for it Patriot Nation. : Or premise. I still see you are spelling argument incorrectly. Poor troll. Unable to learn. What a shock. That's correct. I formulate an opinon based on FACTS. Get it?  Did you finish high school ? I did. What was your senior year English thesis about, if you can remember? You are disputing my premise.   So, we can guess yours will read: "The NFL eras have not changed much, if at all, from when Montana played until now." There, I did it for you. But, I actually helped you out because I played it conservative. Your premise, considering you are taking such issue with my case, is actually more polarizing than that. Apparently, the speed of the NFL, the comlexity of defensive schemes, the level of competition, the ability for teams to keep personnel for 10 years, etc, etc, less minorities allowed to coach or even play in the NFL (Simoan players are some of the best in the NFL right now, while barely any played in the 1980s), etc, are all STRONGER elements of the league back then. Right, troll? If that is the case,  use facts to explain why. Now, change out of that Jersey Shore wife beater, put the yellow Camaro in the car, Leon, and please explain to us, what FACTS support this premise. How did you deduce your premise?

I have never seen someone write so much, and say so little.  Do you get this defensive around everyone? It doesn't matter if you call it Premise or Opinion its not FACT.  The sad thing about you is you can't deal with it if someone doesnt agree with you.  It is somehow a personal afront to you.  Pretty sad really.  I feel sorry for you Cry

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Your backpedal shows you've lost.  Priceless and predictable.  Wjhat's also funny is you calling this "writing so much".

lol!

Maybe it is for a 3rd grader.

You called my argument "dumb". 

Funny how I simply ask you to back your counter point with some detail and you run away.

Just who is dumb here?

I have no issue with what you said until you called my very ACCURATE assessment on the differing eras "dumb".

One last try, troll:

State your premise and support it.

Like I predicted, you will not be able to do it.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman2. Show Patsman2's posts

[QUOTE]Your backpedal shows you've lost.  Priceless and predictable. You called my argument "dumb".  Funny how I simply ask you to back your counter point with some detail and you run away. Just who is dumb here? I have no issue with what you said until you called my very ACCURATE assessment on the differing eras "dumb". One last try, troll: State your premise and support it. Like I predicted, you will not be able to do it.

Man you make me laugh so hard.  Why in the world would I do that.  Do you really expect me to believe that if I made a strong valid case you would admit your wrong????  Of course not. I love how you already judged your assessement "Accurate".  And the scary thing is, you think its accurate, because you said it, and for no other reason.  So it doesnt matter what anyone says, what facts, data, premise, whatever they bring to the table because if you dont agree you will just call them Trolls and pink hats and stamp your feet.

The only reason I go back and forth with you is for the pure laughter I get at reading your posts and the thought of the hot steam coming out your ears as you have to deal with another pink hat.

Montana 4-0  4 super bowl rings #1
    Brady 3-1 3 Super bowl rings #2

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

You just can't do it. I knew it. Anyone reading your responses could tell you'd back down and not back up your own comments.

This means you are a fraud.

We're all laughing at you, as your troll poseur role here doesn't work very well.

And you got absolutely worked off this thread, too. I knew you couldn't do it.

Next time, when you open your mouth, come prepared.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman2. Show Patsman2's posts

[QUOTE]You just can't do it. I knew it. Anyone reading your responses could tell you'd back down and not back up your own comments. This means you are a fraud. We're all laughing at you, as your troll poseur role here doesn't work very well. And you got absolutely worked off this thread, too. I knew you couldn't do it. Next time, when you open your mouth, come prepared.

I can only surmise the "We're" part of that statement is all the voices in your head.  Or have you become all so powerful that you now speak for everyone on this board?

Next time, when you open your mouth, shut it real quick.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

We're still waiting, troll.

When I say "we're", I mean everything here who reads this and nods there head agreeing with me, that today's NFL cap era is a lot of more difficult to succeed in than 1985's NFL.

Anyone, feel free to step forward and take over this troll's premise and run with it.

Prediction: No one will.

Why? Because you are an idiot. 

The simple fact you mouthed off, and now I asked you to explain further, with you unable to do it, proves this.

You just spent 3 replies and still we have no substance from you, troll.

You're a fraud.  Changing your name to "Patsman1" or "Patsman2" or whatever it is next will not work.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

I'd like to stand back, take a deep breath and remind everyone that Manning being in top 21 or whatever was inevitable. I have no idea how this conclusion was reached (Fan Ballot writers vote, most talk show appearances, weird Oreo endorsements). I am tired of hearing system QB vs. natural talent. If the player that could throw the tightest spiral mattered as much as learning the vertical passing game than Jeff George> Montana; Hearth Shuler > Brady and Ryan Leaf went on to become the greatest reclamation project in the NFL. There are a number of QBs that should be considered that haven't won the big dance: Kelly, Marino, Fouts and managed to put great numbers, but never won Super Bowls. We live in an era of media saturated coverage. I'd like to say the list is important, however, I realise that everyone has their own opinion.

QB is the glamour position (along with RB) and  usually garners the most attention. Always a function of team that produces sustained success. As I have stated these lists are skewed. The best time to make an evaluation for an ALL TIME list is when the player's career is over. Brady is currently the best QB now (WP% playoff%).  El Capitan as well.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman2. Show Patsman2's posts

[QUOTE]We're still waiting, troll. When I say "we're", I mean everything here who reads this and nods there head agreeing with me, that today's NFL cap era is a lot of more difficult to succeed in than 1985's NFL. Anyone, feel free to step forward and take over this troll's premise and run with it. Prediction: No one will. Why? Because you are an idiot.  The simple fact you mouthed off, and now I asked you to explain further, with you unable to do it, proves this. You just spent 3 replies and still we have no substance from you, troll. You're a fraud.  Changing your name to "Patsman1" or "Patsman2" or whatever it is next will not work.

Big difference between can't do it and feel no need to do it.  Again, with your huge EGO you think people actually care what you think or have to do what you want.  Poor deluded Rusty.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

If I cared any less I'd be dead.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Get ready for it Patriot Nation. : Big difference between can't do it and feel no need to do it.  Again, with your huge EGO you think people actually care what you think or have to do what you want.  Poor deluded Rusty.

No, you CAN'T do it.

You could lay out 3 points to counter it very easily if you knew what to say. The problem is, I am correct and you have nothing to say.

lmao

You sound like our troll friend RipFace who is insecure.  Could you be rip?  Hmm.

You sure sounds like "PatStats" and other poseur Pats fans of yesteryear, don't you troll?

I have an ego issue, when I ask you to explain your own premise? 

Gee, tell us how that makes sense, low IQ individual.