Get ready for the NFL to be put on trial

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

Get ready for the NFL to be put on trial

I can already see the defense for herd.  Diminished capicity due to concussions during his football career.  They will get people to tesitfy that herd use to be an easy going guy that never got upset but over time he became more prone to "rage" and "parania" ---- "I can't trust him anymore."  No guy in his right mind would pick up a guy and drive him TOWARDS his own house and kill him.  Then leave body, car, bullets at the scene.  No guy in his RIGHT mind would be so careless.  All the things people are saying he was so stupid about are what his defense are going to use to show diminished capacity.

They will blame the NFL, maybe the Pats, for not treating and recognizing the concussions he had during his career.  This could get very interesting.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brickbat. Show Brickbat's posts

Re: Get ready for the NFL to be put on trial

I am shocked, shocked that a football player would engage in some sort of anti-social behavior. I mean, a football player being violent? It never happens - they are normally such well-adjusted, peaceable human beings.  

This whole thing must be a terrible mistake. Because if it were ever a pattern it would mean that there's something seriously messed up about the entire enterprise -- and that would mean colleges and high schools and fans are all culpable in creating an environment in which such acts occur regularly.

But, fortunately, this is probably an anomaly. Really, I'm sure nothing like this will ever happen again.

[cue angry responses about how this post smears all sorts of innocent people because of a few bad apples. Yeah...riiiight.]

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

In response to Brickbat's comment:

I am shocked, shocked that a football player would engage in some sort of anti-social behavior. I mean, a football player being violent? It never happens - they are normally such well-adjusted, peaceable human beings.  

This whole thing must be a terrible mistake. Because if it were ever a pattern it would mean that there's something seriously messed up about the entire enterprise -- and that would mean colleges and high schools and fans are all culpable in creating an environment in which such acts occur regularly.

But, fortunately, this is probably an anomaly. Really, I'm sure nothing like this will ever happen again.

[cue angry responses about how this post smears all sorts of innocent people because of a few bad apples. Yeah...riiiight.]

So, what you are really saying is, we should get rid of the US Postal Service?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

I have never ever read of few or multiple concussions leading to a pre meditated state of events as murder. Been with the team a couple of seasons and now he's mentally impaired? Don't think so. Drugs or alcohol are causation for loss of inhibitions and could exhibit rage and/or criminalist acts. The League nor the Pats will suffer no repurcusions from AH's actions. Such a talent, and at 23, what a shame and travesty. What could have ever prompted him to commit this alleged crime? Being told how great he is since h.s. through UF and into the NFL have given him this real sense of entitlement. His checkered past showed potential problems for the NE organization. AH's vetting had to expose his gun weilding on several occasions in college and continued with the Pats. The shooting mishap in Fla has just been refiled and he probable thought he got away with that one also. This doesn't look very favorable to an acquital and his only hope is that the circumstantial evidence isn't enough to make him the new 'bird man' of whatever prison. Great remorse for the Lloyd family.