Get rid of Mahroney

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hoier. Show Hoier's posts

Get rid of Mahroney

If the Pats loose the game, they should cut him

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from fireballer58. Show fireballer58's posts

Re: Get rid of Mahroney

Agreed 100%

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from K-max. Show K-max's posts

I'm not one of his supporters.  We should be up by 24 now not 17

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hoier. Show Hoier's posts

We are up by 10, sputtering, the Colts are moving.  Ok he fumbled.  It would be nice to have running game to kill the clock

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

dont forget there was an int in the endzone also.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from fireballer58. Show fireballer58's posts

AND THE COLTS WIN, GOOD JOB MARONEY YOU LOST IT FOR EVERYONE. ITS ALL YOUR FAULT.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hoier. Show Hoier's posts

yes there was the interseption

but a he fumbeled, 3 there were no sustanted dirves killing the clock, and giving the defense a rest, therefore forcing BB to go for it on thwi 30 uard line leading to the loss

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Zeoli42. Show Zeoli42's posts

Whatever The pats cut maroney and bring in Larry Johnson im pissed off now how to do u give up a 17 point lead in the 4th quarter and they even had a pick in the 4th tooo wwowowowowo

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from lyncherfer. Show lyncherfer's posts

Agree. He was not in the Championships team and he has done nothing relevant. He just keeps on stinking the place.

FIRE 'MORONEY'. I'm really mad!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from HarryBallz. Show HarryBallz's posts

Who bungled the clock?  Who kept throwing routes short of the 1st down marker?  Who got jammed by a guy weighing 70 lbs less then them and had problems all night?  Who failed to lead their team to a 1st down in the 4th quarter in Indy again?   Who failed to stop the Colts? 

Who couldn't clear the line?  Who wouldn't commit to the run up the middle? 

Sorry but Maroney wasn't the reason they lost tonight. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hoochiemgg. Show hoochiemgg's posts

Marony didn't lose the game...heck, they didn't even play him for half the time. They lost because of the prevent defense and from unimaginative play calling. If your going to go for it from your own 30 on fouth down(which I don't totally disagree with)then run it twice, third and two then fourth and whatever. They went away from everything that was working. This was worse than the playoff loss at Indy a couple years back. This will effect the whole season in what I feel will be a bigtime negative way. This was a game thrown away. Whatever killer instinct they had in their championship seasons is gone.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Recifense. Show Recifense's posts

Say it ain't so, Bill.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from gridlocked. Show gridlocked's posts

In Response to Re: Get rid of Mahroney:
    [QUOTE]Marony didn't lose the game...heck, they didn't even play him for half the time. They lost because of the prevent defense and from unimaginative play calling. If your going to go for it from your own 30 on fouth down(which I don't totally disagree with)then run it twice, third and two then fourth and whatever. They went away from everything that was working. This was worse than the playoff loss at Indy a couple years back. This will effect the whole season in what I feel will be a bigtime negative way. This was a game thrown away. Whatever killer instinct they had in their championship seasons is gone.
    Posted by hoochiemgg[/QUOTE]

I really don't disagree but the fumble was in place of a sure touchdown. Maroney holds onto the ball and they win regardless of the rest. That play marked the reversal of momentum in the game.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Shapow22. Show Shapow22's posts

who cant hold onto the ball at the 2 yard line? who can't be reliable enough to milk the clock in key situations and pound the ball? Thanks for nothing laurence

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from lyncherfer. Show lyncherfer's posts

Yes, MORONEY kept the score tight for the Colts. And most of all, his 'nice gesture' took away a lot of confidence. After that very LONG drive against a really good defense, he -as the constant underperformer he's always been- handled the ball to the Colts. And as it has been said... Momentum shifted.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from flip781. Show flip781's posts

[QUOTE]dont forget there was an int in the endzone also.
    Posted by mosseffect43[/QUOTE] Moss the reason we are so receptive to interceptions is we DON'T have a running game !! How many teams totallly
    prepare for a pass on 3rd and two near the end of the game in your end of the field !!! With that amount of time on the clock you're supposed to be utilizing all
    the time left with your running game running out the clock!! There are some that are going to be arguementative but the fact of the matter is Maroney is awful  !! I cant remember if he ever had a hundred yard game !! One of our top priorities in the draft should be running back and get rid of this anchor !!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Get rid of Mahroney : Moss the reason we are so receptive to interceptions is we DON'T have a running game !! How many teams totallly prepare for a pass on 3rd and two near the end of the game in your end of the field !!! With that amount of time on the clock you're supposed to be utilizing all the time left with your running game running out the clock !! There are some that are going to be arguementative but the fact of the matter is Maroney is awful  !! I cant remember if he ever had a hundred yard game !! One of our top priorities in the draft should be running back and get rid of this anchor !!!
    Posted by flip781[/QUOTE]

If his first half was any indication he will be fine. This game, he would have been fine if he kept doing what he did early. Unfortunately, he went back to being tentative. But he's still young. And at this point, NE does not really have a choice at RB. It's not that bad. I remember early in the 2001 season, either Faulk or A Smith (or both actually) had critical fumbles at the goal line. They both turned out okay.

If you think Maroney's game was bad in the 4th, you guys should check on Tivo how badly AD Thomas checked out early. He pressured Manning twice, but only because the OL gave him free passage. Else, he was not pushing at all. He's the reason Colts got to score so quickly. 

I am harder on Thomas because he's a veteran, and he should know better. LM is young and may still realize he just needs more scrappiness. I would not be surprised if AD goes back to the doghouse.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

[QUOTE]Marony didn't lose the game...heck, they didn't even play him for half the time. They lost because of the prevent defense and from unimaginative play calling. If your going to go for it from your own 30 on fouth down(which I don't totally disagree with)then run it twice, third and two then fourth and whatever. They went away from everything that was working. This was worse than the playoff loss at Indy a couple years back. This will effect the whole season in what I feel will be a bigtime negative way. This was a game thrown away. Whatever killer instinct they had in their championship seasons is gone.
    Posted by hoochiemgg[/QUOTE]
    Other than the part about this loss affecting the whole season  I think you pretty much hit the nail on the head.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

Even if they get a field goal, they win.  They lost by one point.  A field goal puts there has them up 16 late in the game, with the Colts trying for two TD's and two 2-point conversions.

Different dynamic.