Get the rebound

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from donspartucus. Show donspartucus's posts

Get the rebound

When you watch the replay of the hail Mary pass at the end of the Super Bowl it is really scary how easily Welker or Gronk could have snatched the rebound and won the game if they didn't freeze and kept closing on the ball.It would have made Irving Fryer proud.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

Re: Get the rebound

gronk made an effort at least, i dont know about welker...will have to watch the play again

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from IndianaPatsFan. Show IndianaPatsFan's posts

As amazing as a catch on this play would have been, can you imagine the outrage against our team that this would have generated? Think our team is hated now? If that "Hail Myra" had been answered, you wouldn't be able to wear a Pats jersey outside your home!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

It's a volley play. They are suppose to stand there and let Hern volley the ball over to them. With all the Dal hands in there Hern didn't quite get it high enough but the idea is that he hits it high and out of the pile. The worst thing Welker or Gronk could have done is rush in without knowing if Hern was able to hit it towards their direction first. Another half foot higher or forward by Hern and Gronk might have made the catch

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from donspartucus. Show donspartucus's posts

In Response to Re: Get the rebound:
    [QUOTE]It's a volley play. They are suppose to stand there and let Hern volley the ball over to them. With all the Dal hands in there Hern didn't quite get it high enough but the idea is that he hits it high and out of the pile. The worst thing Welker or Gronk could have done is rush in without knowing if Hern was able to hit it towards their direction first. Another half foot higher or forward by Hern and Gronk might have made the catch
    Posted by PatsEng[/QUOTE]

The reason I brought it and Irving Fryer up is this actually happened at Foxboro Stadium in the late 80's and early 90's. The Patriot QB threw a hail Mary into the end zone and the pack all jumped up to catch it but Irving intentionally did not jump and waited for the rebound,caught it, and won the game.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

I was hoping for the old Atlanta Falcons circa 83' Big Ben play, where Hernandez would have just batted the ball in the direction of Gronk for the winning catch. Kinda tough though when Giants (no pun attended) are all around you.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

More importantly, how can a hockey fan misspell the name Gretzky? Weak, man!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

NO "Touchdown Mike Thomas" moment for us..

The problem for me is that in the last 2 Sb's, our defense has been out there to close the game. We need to ensure the offense closes out the game.

Our defense has failed us in that regard and I have to agree with Babe.

Yes, they were a maligned group, but every body had their pom poms out last week while I warned the Gmen were a tough out and it would be close.

Noone is talking about that magic now. Noone is talking about how much Kraft loved these guys and all that.  Now its just, Wes didnt make the catch.

If you wanna act like B.B. had the pulse of the team and everything was great, than blame the head man when everyone shows up making mistakes and playing out of sorts.

You cant have it both ways

We didnt have a 12 men penatly ALL YEAR!

Seems like Coughlin had his guys ready to play. Gotta call it fair. We got outcoached and outplayed

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

[QUOTE]NO "Touchdown Mike Thomas" moment for us.. The problem for me is that in the last 2 Sb's, our defense has been out there to close the game. We need to ensure the offense closes out the game. Our defense has failed us in that regard and I have to agree with Babe. Yes, they were a maligned group, but every body had their pom poms out last week while I warned the Gmen were a tough out and it would be close. Noone is talking about that magic now. Noone is talking about how much Kraft loved these guys and all that.  Now its just, Wes didnt make the catch. If you wanna act like B.B. had the pulse of the team and everything was great, than blame the head man when everyone shows up making mistakes and playing out of sorts. You cant have it both ways We didnt have a 12 men penatly ALL YEAR! Seems like Coughlin had his guys ready to play. Gotta call it fair. We got outcoached and outplayed
    Posted by JayShizzle45[/QUOTE]

Jay, 

Not to be overly critical but no one is two words, not one and didn't, well you get my point I hope. Penalty is spelled wrong, out couched is two words. Otherwise I agree with what you have to say. Have a wonderful day.

Hetchinspete

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

[QUOTE]As amazing as a catch on this play would have been, can you imagine the outrage against our team that this would have generated? Think our team is hated now? If that "Hail Myra" had been answered, you wouldn't be able to wear a Pats jersey outside your home!
    Posted by IndianaPatsFan[/QUOTE]

I suspect, that we would not have cared what everyone else thought.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Hetchen did you misspell a word while trying to tell me how to spell?

Please tell me that was a joke. I can assure you I do know how to spell and those were just typo's, but surely you had to be conscious of your own spelling in your analysis of mine right?

"outcouched"  What does that mean.....lol

thanks for the kind words and you have a wonderful day as well.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]As amazing as a catch on this play would have been, can you imagine the outrage against our team that this would have generated? Think our team is hated now? If that "Hail Myra" had been answered, you wouldn't be able to wear a Pats jersey outside your home!
    Posted by IndianaPatsFan[/QUOTE]

I cannot ever imagine even thinking about the haters if that were to happen.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from donspartucus. Show donspartucus's posts

[QUOTE]More importantly, how can a hockey fan misspell the name Gretzky? Weak, man!
    Posted by CaptainZdeno33[/QUOTE]

Oh give a break man! I spelled Orr's name right and that's all that matters.

don

Sections
Shortcuts