Getting defensive..

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

Re: Getting defensive..

In response to RidingWithTheKingII's comment:

In response to anonymis' comment:

The backpedal is you not countering after I laid out facts and a precise timeline to capture the backdrop of what has transpired since 2005.

Go back to listening ton Tony Mazz and Felger while reading Borges and Gregg Easterbrook columns.

others and I already summarized our viewpoints on what happened between 2005-2010, and 2010-2012. So, what specifically did I backpedal on?

All you had to say after I laid out what has transpired with regards to Brady's postseasons, with that BEING MORE so of the issue in reflection of the offense of his preference, was "you're a genius in your own mind".

That's a backpedal. You did nothing to counter.

Put it this way, if Brady had 8 TDS and 9 INTs in 4 AFC title games from 2001-2005, we probably ony get to 1 SB.

We would have lost to Pitt in 2001, Indy in 2003 and whoever we ended up playing in the 2005 AFC title game (if we got there).

That offense has SUCKED in the postseason. SUCKED. Sucked in 2007 with a loaded D or in 2011 with a young, flawed D. And it sucked again this past January.

Admit it and get over it. BB not hitting homeruns in a 2008 or 2009 draft has nothing to do with this festering issue on offense.

It's TWICE now in the last 3 years where BB the GM has had to slap Brady:

1. Trading Moss in early 2010

2. Walking from Welkie in 2013

I'll bet you right now that Brady has a much better postseasn this year and he'll be a better QB, the best we've seen since Week 5-17 in 2010, more so how he used to run this offense from 2001-2004.

Just a friendly bet. You can even make the parameters if you want.

again, there was no backpedal. I had to counter nothing since my position was previously posted. So, show me specifically what I backpedaled on?

In bold shows how irrational you are. You're interpretation of why Moss and Welker we're let go was to "slap Brady" OMG, Really?  That is genius.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

LMAO.  Went to two TEs to ween Brady of of his WR addiction. I thought that was a banned substance.

Yes, the Patriots moved towards going back to power TE formations. But you mislead again.  Obviously, you're referring to 2010s draft of Hernandez and Gronk.  They had 2 other TEs on the roster, one dude named Crumpler. The Patriots had a pretty decent year in the running game. Law Firm had a breakout year. Why is that? Again, very consistent as to how to improve the running game - not "run more" as you claim that I said.

Guess what, it wasn't to slap or punish Brady -  it was because BB decided it was a better approach for offense. LMAO...yeah, let's punish Brady. Moss and Welker's departure had nothing to do with other factors such as attitude or money.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

Dude, they got rid of Moss because HE sucked, his attitude was creeping up again, and he was asking for more money.

I find it hysterical the you think that getting rid of Moss has anything to do with Brady.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

Dude, they got rid of Moss because HE sucked, his attitude was creeping up again, and he was asking for more money.

I find it hysterical the you think that getting rid of Moss has anything to do with Brady.

It was arugbaly his favorite WR and Moss was lobbying for more balls and targets from Brady to spike his stats to get the deal, with Brady accommodating!

Are you this dumb?

Brady stared him down all year in 2009 and was doing it excessively in early 2010.   Did you miss the Week 2 game in NY?  His two INTs in the second half came on stare down targets which were obvious bad throws into Moss's direction, when Hernandez was having a nice first half.

If Brady isn't spreading the ball around and catering to Moss, they may have won that game in NY in Week 2.

Why do you think O'Brien and Moss had to be separated at halftime in Week 4 down in Miami?

BB saw what was happening and had a trade worked out by 11 AM that Tuesday after that Monday night game.

People here were shocked, I wasn't and I was relieved. To this day, we still have dumbos asking for Moss back here and it's just mindnumblingly dumb. But, if you don't think Brady was caving into Moss lobbying or it had no effect, you're pretty dumb.

oh, I see what you're saying.  O'Brien and Moss' argument was Brady's fault.  Back in 2009, the Patriots didn't have Gronk and Hernandez. Who else were they supposed to throw to? Their RB corp cosisted of Faulk, BJGE, Laura Baloney, Sam Morris, and Fragile Fred. TEs included Chris Baker, Tyson Devree, Alex Smith, David Thomas, and Ben Watson.

and I heard Brady assembled the 2009 team, and was clearly Brady's fault.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

It was arugbaly his favorite WR and Moss was lobbying for more balls and targets from Brady to spike his stats to get the deal, with Brady accommodating!

Are you this dumb?

Brady stared him down all year in 2009 and was doing it excessively in early 2010.   Did you miss the Week 2 game in NY?  His two INTs in the second half came on stare down targets which were obvious bad throws into Moss's direction, when Hernandez was having a nice first half.

If Brady isn't spreading the ball around and catering to Moss, they may have won that game in NY in Week 2.

Why do you think O'Brien and Moss had to be separated at halftime in Week 4 down in Miami?

BB saw what was happening and had a trade worked out by 11 AM that Tuesday after that Monday night game.

People here were shocked, I wasn't and I was relieved. To this day, we still have dumbos asking for Moss back here and it's just mindnumblingly dumb. But, if you don't think Brady was caving into Moss lobbying or it had no effect, you're pretty dumb.

oh, I see what you're saying.  O'Brien and Moss' argument was Brady's fault.  Back in 2009, the Patriots didn't have Gronk and Hernandez. Who else were they supposed to throw to? Their RB corp cosisted of Faulk, BJGE, Laura Baloney, Sam Morris, and Fragile Fred. TEs included Chris Baker, Tyson Devree, Alex Smith, David Thomas, and Ben Watson.

and I heard Brady assembled the 2009 team, and was clearly Brady's fault.

It's a good thing the greatest coach in the NFL can cover the mistakes of the GM assembled team. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

Anonymis's spygate rhetoric bordering on trolling.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

well, the remaking of the defense has been going on since about 2005.  It's not like the effort started last year.

So, my question is - defensively, have the Patriots, overall, had more hits or  misses in drafting, trades, and free agency pick ups?

From 2003-2008 the Pats defense allowed 17.4 ppg.....2nd in the NFL. So no not since 2005.

2009-2011 were years of rebuilding a DOMINANT SB DEFENSIVE CORE, which might be easy to do for every other GM in the LG but for some reason it took BB 3 years. (Note sarcasm please) Our defense was pretty good last year for 1 of the youngest units in the LG. IMO it will be scary as it reaches it's potential.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

I see your point, from 2001-2004, we had some horrible players, like:

*Bobby Hamilton, 200-2003

**Richard Seymour, 2001-2008

*Ted Washington, 2003

*Tebucky Jones, 1998-2002

*Lawyer Milloy, 1996-2002

*Ty Law, 1995-2004

*Willie McGinnest, 1994-2005

**Vince Wilfork, 2004-Current

**Rodney Harrison, 2003-2008

**Rosevelt Colvin, 2003-2008

**Jarvis Green, 2002-2009

**Tedy Bruschi, 1996-2008

*Ted Johnson, 1995-2004

*Roman Phifer, 2001-2004

**Mike Vrabel, 2001-2008

**Randall Gay, 2004-2007

**Asante Samuel, 2003-2007

**Ty Warren, 2003-2009

**Eugene Wilson, 2003-2009

The ones with one asterix are players who were gone by 2005.

The ones with two asterixes were with the patriots on or before 2004.

***Junior Seau, 2006-2009, - really? he was good? I can run faster than him...lol.

The  point is that the defense between 2001-2004 was pretty good. They had playmakers, arguably, much better and timely playmakers than today's defense.

You named some players that were already on the team.  The only one you mentioned who was acquired  after 2005was seau - and, no, he was not an impact player for the Patriots.

So, name some impact defensive players that were drafted, traded for, or acquired from free agency ON or AFTER 2005?  More hits or misses?

Secondly, you didn't really name any players that adequaitely replaced those players with a single asterix, who were gone by 2005.  Really, randall gay and asante samuel was better than ty law or Lawyer milloy? I don't think so.

JR Seau (RIP) lead our team in total tackles at 38 something years old before breaking his forearm in week 9 or something. He was on pace for over 130 if my memory serves me.

let's not tear down ex players to prove a point...especially when that point is dead wrong.

The defense has been rebuilding since 2005....????????? What???????

EDIT: 69 tackles through 11 games(broke his arm in the 11th) which I remember lead the team. He was the run stuffing Ted Johnson role BB craves and excelled at the position at 37 years old.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

It was argubaly his favorite WR and Moss was lobbying for more balls and targets from Brady to spike his stats to get the deal, with Brady accommodating!

Are you this dumb? He sucked? He had a great catch in Week 2 beating Revis when Revis pulled up lame with the hammy in the first half. Then Brady targeted almost exclusively in the second half! It was horrendous!

Yeah buddy, BB was pi$$ed Brady threw Moss 34 tds in seasons.

Moss was gone becasue he became a cancer. He used to text #12 on off days about throwing him more balls...whining, plus he wasn't happy with his contract, plus he would show up at charity dinners with his head phones on sitting in the corner not talking to any of the people who were donating 10k$ a plate to meet the man, and yes I met him in south FL and watched him bully a 6 year old kid asking for an autograph....oh and let's not forget when he finally lost his sht on the coaching staff in the locker room at halftime of the Miami game(that I happened to be at and heard about 2 days later) when he was singing out loud, "COACHES....COACHES....WE BETTER CHANGE THE STRATEGY" In which Bill Obrien went at him and they had to be separated.(yes I heard this from a man very close with Tom brady)

Moss=cancer, that's why he was shipped out, not because Tom Brady has a touch down addiction...

Mole.

Stop reverting everything back to your hatred for Brady. You sound like more of a troll then the people you claim to challenge.

P.S I am starting to not love ya anymore buddy.

16. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts