Getting from a Pats game to TD Garden relatively quickly?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

Getting from a Pats game to TD Garden relatively quickly?

Hey guys,

Sorry if this is a little off topic, but this is the best place I could think of to ask.

So I just realized that I purchased tickets to see The Black Keys the same day I'm going to the Pats/Raiders game. It's a 1pm game and the concert starts at 8pm. If I go to a Pats game I usually stay in the lot for a couple hours after the game, but I won't have that luxury here.

Is there enough time to get to the show after the game without worrying? I would think it shouldn't be an issue. What's the traffic like going the other way (I live in CT)?

Come on if you think you can take us on
    You and whose army?
    You and your cronies.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ddimaria. Show ddimaria's posts

Re: Getting from a Pats game to TD Garden relatively quickly?

In response to magicalhobo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Hey guys,

Sorry if this is a little off topic, but this is the best place I could think of to ask.

So I just realized that I purchased tickets to see The Black Keys the same day I'm going to the Pats/Raiders game. It's a 1pm game and the concert starts at 8pm. If I go to a Pats game I usually stay in the lot for a couple hours after the game, but I won't have that luxury here.

Is there enough time to get to the show after the game without worrying? I would think it shouldn't be an issue. What's the traffic like going the other way (I live in CT)?

You and whose army?
    You and your cronies.

[/QUOTE]

Well figure the game is going to go until around the time the 2nd round of games start on Sunday.... you should have plenty of time to get to TD Garden.  I cannot imagine it would take you nearly 3-4 hours to get to the garden from the game which is about what you should have, time-wise.  I don't think you will have time to hang out in the lot for very long but you could probably even afford an hour in the lot after the game if you wanted to.

I am from NH but I've never had THAT long of a drive out of the traffic... once you his the highway you should be ok.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

You might be pushing it but driving could work. The other options is the drunk train. That takes you into South Station, then to get to TD just hope on the red line and transfer to the orange and it will bring you right there. Should be 2-2.5hrs total at most and will get you there on time.

Trust me, I'm an engineer!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

Park in one of the lots as far to the north of the stadium as you can, and walk the mile to get to the game if necessary. The further north you are, the easier it will be to get onto Route 1 north and up to 93. Or park as far south as you can, take 1 South over to 495 south, then 95 north to 93. The further you park from the stadium (either direction), the easier it will be getting out of the lot and on your way. Should be plenty of time...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

In response to BostonSportsFan111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Park in one of the lots as far to the north of the stadium as you can, and walk the mile to get to the game if necessary. The further north you are, the easier it will be to get onto Route 1 north and up to 93. Or park as far south as you can, take 1 South over to 495 south, then 95 north to 93. The further you park from the stadium (either direction), the easier it will be getting out of the lot and on your way. Should be plenty of time...

[/QUOTE]

How would the train work for you.  Park at north station.  Take to train to Foxboro and back

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

Take the train.  No traffic.  It all but assures you an easy arrival and pre-show partying festivity time.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to bostatewarrior's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

How would the train work for you.  Park at north station.  Take to train to Foxboro and back

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Park at South Station. On Sundays parking is $8 all day and that's where the drunk train leaves from. Yeah you have to take the T back to south station from the concert but it's the same amount of trips and much cheaper parking.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to bostatewarrior's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Park at South Station. On Sundays parking is $8 all day and that's where the drunk train leaves from. Yeah you have to take the T back to south station from the concert but it's the same amount of trips and much cheaper parking.

[/QUOTE]

I think the mbta all day parking at north station is about $10 on Sundays.  Leaving the parking lot after the concert would be better at South Station.   Either way the train is a decent option

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

Awesome, thanks everyone!

You and whose army?
    You and your cronies.

Sections
Shortcuts