getting sick already of Chad Johnson

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

getting sick already of Chad Johnson

I don't understand the media's fascination with Chad Johnson. Every day there is a fluff article about what nonsense Chad is up to next. I do understand the guy is an easy sound bite while he tries to cement his next career in media, but this guy for me is turning into the next Favre....the NFL's most hated version.
    Isn't there something more compelling to report other than where this guy is going to live? 
    I have had the opportunity to watch numerous sessions so far this summer, and so far I am not that impressed what I have seen from Chad on the field. He is slower in person than I thought, and while he does get seperation, his hands in practice are Braylon Edwards-esque. So far, from what I have seen, I am much more impressed with Edelman, and Welker has been open the moment he steps out of the locker room. 
    I am so much more interested in what is going on with the OL, DL etc than reading about all things Chad. 
    Will it be like this all season? Are the other players sick of him like I am? Will he be a redundant 4th wheel to Welker, Branch and Edelman costing Price a spot? Surely Chad cannot play special teams, is his position on the team a lock? 
    The Globe and Herald have full time staff on site at every practice, and we get more Pats info from Schefter's tweets than all of the combined. We get Chad nonsense.
    Hall of fame coach. Hall of fame QB. Dynastic team of the first decade. Shaping up to be a dynastic team of the second decade (in spite of Gaspers observations) yet we get all day with Chad. 
    Any one else getting sick of it? 

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Re: getting sick already of Chad Johnson

Your issue is more with media coverage (which is correlated to the lack of intelligence/taste/class by people in today's society); sports media report what fans want to know. It's why all of Tony Romo's escapades lead off Sportscenter. They're not a billion-dollar company because they're dumb.

As for Chad Johnson, I love what he's doing. He's a goofball like King said but he doesn't rape people, shoot others (or himself), get drunk and drive, make it rain in clubs and brawl. To be honest, the Patriots came out tight against the Jets. They came out a little too business-like. They froze up and failed to execute plays they executed flawlessly all year, over and over, against some of the best defenses we've seen in a while. Chad will help alleviate that by keeping the guys loose with his theatrics and also keep the spotlight on him and away from the younger guys. It's perfect.

There's not too many people Belichick admires professionally and personally and if Chad Johnson is one of them, I'll take Hoody's word for it. He clearly knows what he's doing.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

I'm with Rusty, I like Chad. You gotta admit he's one entertaining dude - watch the video of him saying fvck you to all the DB's that wouldn't practice with him during the lockout lol. If you don't like the dumb stories espn puts out there just ignore em plain and simple.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from lippa. Show lippa's posts

The big question is id chad makes comments about the other team with jokes etc.. does BB sit him like he did with welker?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

In Response to Re: getting sick already of Chad Johnson:
    [QUOTE]  The big question is id chad makes comments about the other team with jokes etc.. does BB sit him like he did with welker?
    Posted by lippa[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure Chad/Bill discussed that already. He's referred to the organization as 'heaven' at least twice already, cried when he got the call from his agent. You'd think he'd make the sacrifices to win.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from lippa. Show lippa's posts

I hope he doesnt slip up,but some long term habits come out naturally without thinking .Iam sure they did have a conversation about it to,but time will tell.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from FLY2K. Show FLY2K's posts

Waste of time reading this!!!!!!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Why do so many football fans insist on being drama queens?

From Favre to Ochocinco to Haynesworth to TO, to Moss, and on and on and on they complain like menopausal women about things which are insignificant.

There isn't a single thing any of the aforementioned have done which has bothered me in the slightest.

If you don't like the antics of some players,why not just ignore them?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macrawn. Show Macrawn's posts

I'm not sick of him, but the guy constantly markets himself which gets annoying. What's with this I need a place to stay with a Pats fan thing?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from lippa. Show lippa's posts

o theres a contest that chad will go live with a fan for a few weeks while hes looking for a place lol.there a thread about it too

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

[QUOTE]Why do so many football fans insist on being drama queens? From Favre to Ochocinco to Haynesworth to TO, to Moss, and on and on and on they complain like menopausal women about things which are insignificant. There isn't a single thing any of the aforementioned have done which has bothered me in the slightest. If you don't like the antics of some players,why not just ignore them?
    Posted by BabeParilli[/QUOTE]

I don't have a problem with the goofy shenanigans of TO, Ochocinco et al but the Haynesworth head stomp and some of his legal problems are not something you just shrug and say boys will be boys about

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Seems I am in the minority. Just one persons opinion...if Chad doesn't produce after 4 games he is gone.
    Too much distraction, the other players will get sick of it if Chad doesn't produce.
    I click on the articles hoping to see something of interest. All I get is fluff regarding Chad. Like I said, Schefter tweeting is giving me more info than the Globe and Herald combined.
    I still enjoy Reiss. He is professional and hard working. But imo he is wrong more than he is right on all things Pats

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Reiss is the best but when you say 'he's wrong more than he is right", dude, think about how tight-lipped the Patriots organization is. They give you NOTHING, and I'm ok with that. As for personnel moves, there's nobody out there that's too accurate because simply put, they don't know how to evaluate talent/systems like they think they do. Just because you're on tv doesn't make you an expert...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

He can do whatever he likes, as long as when it comes to game-time he brings his A-game and he doesn't bother Brady about stats we're good. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: getting sick already of Chad Johnson : I don't have a problem with the goofy shenanigans of TO, Ochocinco et al but the Haynesworth head stomp and some of his legal problems are not something you just shrug and say boys will be boys about
    Posted by CaptainZdeno33[/QUOTE]

Yeah, head stomping is quite more serious. But then, it isn't what I would call high crime either.

So we can conclude if we wish that Albert is a "bad guy".  Okay, I'm down with that. It is what it is. Question is; where is the bad guy line that we draw which says he can't be on our team?

I'm thinking he's near it, but not quite over it.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from JJMockKC. Show JJMockKC's posts

I'm a Bengals Season ticket holder (originally from Boston, so a Patriots fan too)who's watched Chad Johnson since his rookie season. You think your sick of him now? Wait till he starts giving up on routes, blocking shadows instead of defenders, and not even trying to break up a possible pick by the opposing team. Before too long, the natural talent will take a backseat to the sideshow clown. It's starting already. If only he preferred to catch the damned ball to being a publicity stunt.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ShiningWizard. Show ShiningWizard's posts

Who's Chad Johnson?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from lippa. Show lippa's posts

well getting a kid paralyzed and nor giving the kid a dime yet is crossing the line ,he hasnt owned up to that.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: getting sick already of Chad Johnson : Yeah, head stomping is quite more serious. But then, it isn't what I would call high crime either. So we can concluse if we wish that Albert is a "bad guy".  Okay, I'm down with that. It is what it is. Question is; where is the bad guy line that we draw which says he can't be on our team? I'm thinking he's near it, but not quite over it.
    Posted by BabeParilli[/QUOTE]

Agreed, you'd have to do some pretty serious stuff to be over that line imo or if you just don't learn from mistakes and keep repeating the same offenses a la Pacman Jones

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]I'm a Bengals Season ticket holder (originally from Boston, so a Patriots fan too)who's watched Chad Johnson since his rookie season. You think your sick of him now? Wait till he starts giving up on routes, blocking shadows instead of defenders, and not even trying to break up a possible pick by the opposing team. Before too long, the natural talent will take a backseat to the sideshow clown. It's starting already. If only he preferred to catch the damned ball to being a publicity stunt.
    Posted by JJMockKC[/QUOTE]

Then how has this guy gotten the reputation as one of the best receivers around? I know the last few years he has been disgruntled with the Bengals dysfunctional operations. Was he always such a detriment? Palmer looks to be fed up with the Bengal's act too. Is he another problem player?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I think he used to be one of the best receivers around. Now he is a circus act and his talent has eroded to the point of being on par with D Branch. No speed, great route runner. D Branch has better hands and is a better down field blocker. Branch will never give up on a play nor will his team mates turn on him.

I am also curious to all these pro Chad comments. Has anyone seen him play yet this summer? If yes, thoughts? I understand it is only summer camp, but season is coming fast and Chad looks to be behind Branch, Edelman and Wes...and no one wants Hernandez and Price stunted

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

Have a sense of humor, he does.

Sections
Shortcuts