bal in the receivers hands when the reciever
    is in stride - what Montana did

I am the last one here to be able to really judge talent
    - only what i read and hear- but if Ocho can separate
    he can be great for us

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

Re: getting sick already of Chad Johnson

Chad is a boon to those in the media.  He keeps his nose clean and out of trouble, but he's still a story because he's such a charismatic, entertaining, fighter pilot cocky kind of guy.  He likes to talk and flash, and he can back it up, all the while being someone you can bring your kids around.  That kind of thing sells papers. 

As for his problems thus far in camp, he should be cut some slack.  He's got years of a proven track record and for the first time in a decade he's in a new system and is also still nervous (what with being in heaven and all).  I'm sure he'll be just fine when the season starts and will get better as he gains more experience and more trust from Brady. 

He's like Deion Sanders in a lot of ways, just not quite that talented.  Some people love the outspoken and flashy types, others not so much.  Comes with the territory.  If he's not your cup of tea, pay no attention to him.  There are plenty of other players on the team that might be more to your liking. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

I think agill brought up the best point. Chad can back it up.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

I am very happy that Chad Johnson is a member of The New England Patriots.

Having said that, I really wish that he had left Ochocinco in Cincinnati.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Re: getting sick already of Chad Johnson:
    I'm not sick of him, but the guy constantly markets himself which gets annoying. What's with this I need a place to stay with a Pats fan thing?
    Posted by Macrawn

I thought it was amusing.  I am sure if he is serious about living with a Patriots fan, he won't have any problem finding someone to live with. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Seems I am in the minority. Just one persons opinion...if Chad doesn't produce after 4 games he is gone. Too much distraction, the other players will get sick of it if Chad doesn't produce. I click on the articles hoping to see something of interest. All I get is fluff regarding Chad. Like I said, Schefter tweeting is giving me more info than the Globe and Herald combined. I still enjoy Reiss. He is professional and hard working. But imo he is wrong more than he is right on all things Pats
    Posted by rkarp

I don't think he will be he will be too much of a distraction...He will help keep things mellow around the locker room and on the field.....A nice change from BB for some of the players

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from cantstopme. Show cantstopme's posts

In Response to getting sick already of Chad Johnson:
    I don't understand the media's fascination with Chad Johnson. Every day there is a fluff article about what nonsense Chad is up to next. I do understand the guy is an easy sound bite while he tries to cement his next career in media, but this guy for me is turning into the next Favre....the NFL's most hated version. Isn't there something more compelling to report other than where this guy is going to live?  I have had the opportunity to watch numerous sessions so far this summer, and so far I am not that impressed what I have seen from Chad on the field. He is slower in person than I thought, and while he does get seperation, his hands in practice are Braylon Edwards-esque. So far, from what I have seen, I am much more impressed with Edelman, and Welker has been open the moment he steps out of the locker room.  I am so much more interested in what is going on with the OL, DL etc than reading about all things Chad.  Will it be like this all season? Are the other players sick of him like I am? Will he be a redundant 4th wheel to Welker, Branch and Edelman costing Price a spot? Surely Chad cannot play special teams, is his position on the team a lock?  The Globe and Herald have full time staff on site at every practice, and we get more Pats info from Schefter's tweets than all of the combined. We get Chad nonsense. Hall of fame coach. Hall of fame QB. Dynastic team of the first decade. Shaping up to be a dynastic team of the second decade (in spite of Gaspers observations) yet we get all day with Chad.  Any one else getting sick of it? 
    Posted by rkarp

sounds like your investing too much personal time in the media and news. when you start getting upset at seeing and hearing about an athlete on tv, that is a good sign you should be doing something better with your own time. complaining is trivial and counterintuitive. get off the couch. go learn about something important. maybe the middle east crisis? maybe the american economic crisis? there are other things aside from espn.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Reiss is the best but when you say 'he's wrong more than he is right", dude, think about how tight-lipped the Patriots organization is. They give you NOTHING, and I'm ok with that. As for personnel moves, there's nobody out there that's too accurate because simply put, they don't know how to evaluate talent/systems like they think they do. Just because you're on tv doesn't make you an expert...
    Posted by apdynasty23

Notice how Schefter broke the Mankins news? Not the Globe, Herald or Reiss and all of them have been with the team the entire day

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

well getting a kid paralyzed and nor giving the kid a dime yet is crossing the line ,he hasnt owned up to that.
    Posted by lippa

I think that situation is in litigation. Do you question his right to have his day in court?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In Response to getting sick already of Chad Johnson : sounds like your investing too much personal time in the media and news. when you start getting upset at seeing and hearing about an athlete on tv, that is a good sign you should be doing something better with your own time. complaining is trivial and counterintuitive. get off the couch. go learn about something important. maybe the middle east crisis? maybe the american economic crisis? there are other things aside from espn.
    Posted by cantstopme

my job is media related and specifically football and college basketball. I have summers off and travel extensively watching the Sox, but since 2 weeks ago my life is non existant other than sports...part of the job

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from lippa. Show lippa's posts

yes it is but he  pleaded  not inocennt when he was clearly in the wrong and this kid is paralyzed he should man up and pay the kid a great amount of money.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

yes it is but he  pleaded  not inocennt when he was clearly in the wrong and this kid is paralyzed he should man up and pay the kid a great amount of money.
    Posted by lippa

In the wrong or not he deserves his day in court for a jury to determine fair compensation. That's how we do it in the land of the free and the home of the brave.

His lawyer has stated they are willing to give reasonable compensation.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from lippa. Show lippa's posts

ok fine but he should get something upfront right now for assist with his condition witch he can afford.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

ok fine but he should get something upfront right now for assist with his condition witch he can afford.
    Posted by lippa

You have to go the court route lippa. This guy could be scamming and greatly exaggerating his injuries. That's why they have a trial.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from lippa. Show lippa's posts

I understand  he could be faking but from what I have read hes not and its costing alot of money.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

I understand  he could be faking but from what I have read hes not and its costing alot of money.
    Posted by lippa

If he's not faking he will get his money and can pay for whatever bills he has incurred. Don't forget, a big part of a scam accident suite has to do with running up big medical bills.

I hope a jury gives the guy whatever he deserves.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from lippa. Show lippa's posts

so we agree on that part but haynesworth pleaed not guility which means hes tring to fight it and not give up a dime thats mt oppion on it.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mojobag101. Show mojobag101's posts

In Response to getting sick already of Chad Johnson:
    I don't understand the media's fascination with Chad Johnson. Every day there is a fluff article about what nonsense Chad is up to next. I do understand the guy is an easy sound bite while he tries to cement his next career in media, but this guy for me is turning into the next Favre....the NFL's most hated version. Isn't there something more compelling to report other than where this guy is going to live?  I have had the opportunity to watch numerous sessions so far this summer, and so far I am not that impressed what I have seen from Chad on the field. He is slower in person than I thought, and while he does get seperation, his hands in practice are Braylon Edwards-esque. So far, from what I have seen, I am much more impressed with Edelman, and Welker has been open the moment he steps out of the locker room.  I am so much more interested in what is going on with the OL, DL etc than reading about all things Chad.  Will it be like this all season? Are the other players sick of him like I am? Will he be a redundant 4th wheel to Welker, Branch and Edelman costing Price a spot? Surely Chad cannot play special teams, is his position on the team a lock?  The Globe and Herald have full time staff on site at every practice, and we get more Pats info from Schefter's tweets than all of the combined. We get Chad nonsense. Hall of fame coach. Hall of fame QB. Dynastic team of the first decade. Shaping up to be a dynastic team of the second decade (in spite of Gaspers observations) yet we get all day with Chad.  Any one else getting sick of it? 
    Posted by rkarp

Wow.........wow...............Looking for words to describe what promted you to write this inane thread!!!
    ..................did I say wow??
    OchoJohnson is a breath of fresh air in this stagnant, pressed and cleaned house.This is ,after all, ENTERTAINMENT!!!! At least let him drop a game winning catch before your obvious vitriol for all things 85 come shining through......

WOW!!!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PMacPatFan. Show PMacPatFan's posts

I honeslty do not think we'll see that kind of thing with him in uniform. I think Welker got cute and BB put the hammer down. Chad is goofy off the field and needs to watch it with the Twitter thing, as I am sure that conversation already took place. But, as far as him being himself and being all business on the field, I expect that too. As bizarre as a match as this seems to be, it's one of those situations where it just works. It's like when Bon Scott OD'd in Feb of 1980 and AC/DC had this great record ready to record, where they quickly brought on Brian Johnson, and even though it was completely different form a vocal standpoint, it just totally worked. Don't expect #85 to slip up.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from PMacPatFan. Show PMacPatFan's posts

In Response to getting sick already of Chad Johnson : Wow.........wow...............Looking for words to describe what promted you to write this inane thread!!! ..................did I say wow?? OchoJohnson is a breath of fresh air in this stagnant, pressed and cleaned house.This is ,after all, ENTERTAINMENT!!!! At least let him drop a game winning catch before your obvious vitriol for all things 85 come shining through...... WOW!!!!
    Posted by mojobag101

The Bon Scott reference? Wow, that is a classic Rusty. Thank you!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mojobag101. Show mojobag101's posts

I think he used to be one of the best receivers around. Now he is a circus act and his talent has eroded to the point of being on par with D Branch. No speed, great route runner. D Branch has better hands and is a better down field blocker. Branch will never give up on a play nor will his team mates turn on him. I am also curious to all these pro Chad comments. Has anyone seen him play yet this summer? If yes, thoughts? I understand it is only summer camp, but season is coming fast and Chad looks to be behind Branch, Edelman and Wes...and no one wants Hernandez and Price stunted
    Posted by rkarp

67 reception for 831 and 4 tds playing for the Bengals...........yeah he sucks!!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from RANDIBUS81. Show RANDIBUS81's posts

Lets just wait and see what he does on the field.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In Response to getting sick already of Chad Johnson : Wow.........wow...............Looking for words to describe what promted you to write this inane thread!!! ..................did I say wow?? OchoJohnson is a breath of fresh air in this stagnant, pressed and cleaned house.This is ,after all, ENTERTAINMENT!!!! At least let him drop a game winning catch before your obvious vitriol for all things 85 come shining through...... WOW!!!!
    Posted by mojobag101

Mo,why can't you find the words. All I am saying is that everday it is Chad nonsense. ARe you sick of it or not? Do you think his team mates are sick of it or not. Seems like a couple of easy question 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

I think he's been a breath of fresh air, if he can draw attention and control the wide side of the field the way he does the media than we'll have a slaughterhouse of an offense.

Sections
Shortcuts