Getting the Pats in Boise on Internet

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

Getting the Pats in Boise on Internet

Me and the wife live in Boise Id and I am tired of Dicect TV and their overcharging for the NFL and having to sign a 2 year deal when the only reason I have TV is for the NFL season. Does anyone know if I can get ALL the Pats games on the internet and be able to tape them --my wife works Sat/Sunday nites,(13 hour shifts) so she has to watch the games Monday morning. Thanks for any adeas-I'm not very computer savvy.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tyr17. Show Tyr17's posts

Re: Getting the Pats in Boise on Internet

In response to jimmytantric's comment:

Me and the wife live in Boise Id and I am tired of Dicect TV and their overcharging for the NFL and having to sign a 2 year deal when the only reason I have TV is for the NFL season. Does anyone know if I can get ALL the Pats games on the internet and be able to tape them --my wife works Sat/Sunday nites,(13 hour shifts) so she has to watch the games Monday morning. Thanks for any adeas-I'm not very computer savvy.

I'll come over later and show you how to do it.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

Jimmy I got all the Pats games last year on http://www.firstrow1.eu/ Your internet has got to be fast and I am not sure how you would tape it. They broadcast all sports, every game, so you can go there now and try to pull up a Red Sox game and see how it works for ya. Good luck

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Dude, why ya paying for the Sunday ticket?  I have had direct tv for 3 years now and have paid a total of $14 for the Sunday ticket.  First year free due to being a new customer. Second year I ended up getting so many credits that I got paid a few bucks for getting it and last year I paid only a few dollars for it.  Total cost for all 3 years = $14.

You gotta call them up, get the retention department and tell them something along the lines of... You really like Direct TV but the only reason you have it is for the football package but you aren't able to afford it this season and that (name of other cable provider in your erea) has called you and is wanting to buy you out of your contract with direct tv (if you are in contract with them).  Then ask is there anything they can do to keep you as a customer?  If you aren't in contract with direct tv then just tell them the other cable company has offered you a really good deal to save money.

They will either offer you a discounted price on the Sunday Ticket or tell you no.  If they tell you no or offer you something less then a good deal on the Sunday ticket then just tell them you will think about it and call them back.  Wait a few days, call them back and try it all over again with a different person in the retention department.  It may take a couple times to get the deal but it's worth trying a few times to get it.  The most I have had to call back and do this was twice.  Give it a shot!   Worse they can say is no. 

Also, I haven't heard or seen the price for this year but I do know that last year they came out with new Sunday Ticket Pricing.  They broke up the package to where you can either get the Sunday Ticket, the Red Zone and to go package or all 3.  I think the ST was like $200 alone.  Better then the previous year of having to get it all for $335.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from proftom2. Show proftom2's posts

There comes a time in life when us west coast guys end up at the sports bar. Its called Pats games. Most of the games start at 10am. Both pubs in my area open early and serve breakfast food until noon and switch over  to pub chow. Its way fun, most of the ten people people who show for the AM games are from the east coast and half are Pats fans. The owner doesn't really care if we eat or not, coffee is fine with her, but the food is great. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

While I was visiting family in Virginia last fall I tried watching a Pats game on the internet and I gotta tell ya it drew a large vacuum on a donkey dangling participle.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

I dropped the Sunday ticket last year and payed an extra 7.95 on comcast for the sports package that has a similar sunday ticket. They show the redzone channel all day which switches between games. U may also be able to go on demand by tuesday and get the 10 minute highlights of each game but not sure of any internet game streaming sites. I mean I do, but I wouldnt feel comfy giving them out. They are sort of like pirate sites. You may end up going to 50 links by time the games over just to watch it. Thats more of a hassle to me. Good luck tho'

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NCPatsFan1971. Show NCPatsFan1971's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKingII's comment:

It doesn't matter where you live in terms of using the internet. There is no way to do it unless you go to NFL.com or NFL Network.com, where you can sign up for some kind of a fan package and get access to actual game tape, which might include access online to games as well.

http://www.nfl.com/coachesfilm

I don't know because I haven't looked into it, but I would try that.

The only other option is first row sports which is a streaming site for sports, but it's a grainy feed and you'll miss having it on your big, HDTV.

Fiinally, threaten to leave Direct TV right before the season starts, and they sometimes negotiate a price for the NFL Ticket with you.

I've used First Row and it works OK and is better than nothing.  BTW, if you have a Lap Top with a HDMI connection, you can run a HDMI Cable to your TV and watch it on your Big Screen.   

As you know, it has been fortunate that we've been getting a lot of Patriot games out of the Raleigh CBS affiliate.    I usually only have had to use the Computer for games against Buffalo etc.   

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from sheldong. Show sheldong's posts

My wife and I also watch all the Pats games and we live in Florida.  This may not be a solution for you, but for me I have a son who lives in the Boston area.  I bought a Slingbox and it is hooked up to his spare TV/Internet.  So I log into that Slingbox and I can watch all his local channels -- and it is all perfectly legal.  I hook up an HDMI cable from my lapdtop to the big screen TV and so we watch the games on the big screen.

My Slingbox is now four years old, and so I don't get the HD version.  However, after a couple of minutes you get used to the low def.  At least I get the real-time action AND I get the sound -- something I wouldn't get at a sports bar. 

The Slingbiox is under $200 and is a ONE TIME expense.  If you know someone in the Boston area -- with a fast internet -- I'm sure he wouldnt mind having it hooked up to his second TV and internet.  You also need a fast internet.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:

While I was visiting family in Virginia last fall I tried watching a Pats game on the internet and I gotta tell ya it drew a large vacuum on a donkey dangling participle.  

Lol!! What?!?!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

In response to Homecheese's comment:

Lol!! What?!?!

Sukked azzzz.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to NY-PATS-FAN4's comment:

Lol!! What?!?!

Sukked azzzz.

Or something in the general vicinity.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

In response to NY-PATS-FAN4's comment:

Lol!! What?!?!

Sukked azzzz.

Or something in the general vicinity.

Lol Thank you I'm going to write that one down and save it for the right time haha

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

you can change "large vacuum" for how many inches of mercury pulled.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to Philskiw1's comment:

you can change "large vacuum" for how many inches of mercury pulled.

Gotta love an aphorism with some flexibility.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustcover. Show dustcover's posts

Both www.firstrow1.eu/sport/american-football.html  as well as, www.vipbox.tv/sports/football.html  has served me well in Florida.  Definitely not HD but the picture quality and audio is adequate.  Also, I use a Netgear Push2TV box to WiFi my laptop to a 42" TV.  In addition, I have a DVD recorder hooked up to my TV to record games for later review and analysis. 

Works for Red Sox and Celtics as well.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from scash2013. Show scash2013's posts

You can usually just download the game from a torrent site. All NFL games are available (usually in HD) by the next day. The 1pm games are usually up the same day.

You can set a PVR to record live streams, but it is going to be difficult, require additional hardware and the video quality will most likely be terrible. If you are time shifting anyway, Bit Torrent is a much better option for you.

You can also split the Sunday Ticket with a friend or relative. Have them add a Direct TV reciever to their account for 5 or 6 dollars a month. Then they can give the reciever to you. Unless you connect it to a phone line, there is no way that DirectTV can tell that it's not located in the other person's home.

Either way, there is no legal option for what you want to do. When I lived outside of New England, I thought Sunday Ticket was well worth the price. If you consider the cost of going to even just one game, it puts things into perspective. It's really not that much money. But that's up to you. The risk is low. But it's not zero.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

Thanks everyone for your suggestions--Sounds like there are some  options -- I will look into all the suggestions--again thanks to you ALL.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

http://www.sportsgeekery.com/15509/watch-nfl-games-online-legally-complete-guide/

NFL Game Rewind – Games On Demand

If you don’t mind waiting until the day after to watch games, you can see every NFL regular season game in high quality streaming video with NFL Game Rewind. With Game Rewind, you get DVR controls, access to a complete archive of every game from 2009-2012 and the ability to watch up to four games at one time.

NFL Game Rewind now comes in two different packages and will be available on tablets devices (Android & iPad) in 2012 via a separate app. The standard package will cost you $39.99 for the entire regular season. The Season Plus package (new in 2012 for $69.99) gives you access all the way through July, plus access to the new “All-22″ or end zone cameras. All games are available after midnight on Sunday, except for night games which are available by noon. Check out our review of NFL Game Rewind for more details.

You can subscribe to Game Rewind at NFL.com.

game-rewind-5

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

In response to digger0862's comment:

http://www.sportsgeekery.com/15509/watch-nfl-games-online-legally-complete-guide/

NFL Game Rewind – Games On Demand

If you don’t mind waiting until the day after to watch games, you can see every NFL regular season game in high quality streaming video with NFL Game Rewind. With Game Rewind, you get DVR controls, access to a complete archive of every game from 2009-2012 and the ability to watch up to four games at one time.

NFL Game Rewind now comes in two different packages and will be available on tablets devices (Android & iPad) in 2012 via a separate app. The standard package will cost you $39.99 for the entire regular season. The Season Plus package (new in 2012 for $69.99) gives you access all the way through July, plus access to the new “All-22″ or end zone cameras. All games are available after midnight on Sunday, except for night games which are available by noon. Check out our review of NFL Game Rewind for more details.

You can subscribe to Game Rewind at NFL.com.

game-rewind-5

Thanks Digger--perfect-my wife is an RN and works Frid-Sunday all nite so this will work great--Am I able to plug my Laptop into the TV and play the games?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

http://www.streamhunter.eu/other-live-streaming-video.html

I use to use first row but I have been having good luck with this site. Its the same thing you stream the game.  I find there is less lagging.

Sections
Shortcuts