Getting this out of the way..avoiding an upset.......the heartbreak.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from sday4x4. Show sday4x4's posts

Getting this out of the way..avoiding an upset.......the heartbreak.

Longshot happens and Jets win.......(which I don't see happening).......can we all react with some sanity?..will posters on this board see it as a total disaster?
    Just wanted everyone's opinion on what the reaction would be.....also welcome the Jets posters comments on how they will react ...win or lose.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from patrick69. Show patrick69's posts

Re: Getting this out of the way..avoiding an upset.......the heartbreak.

It would be unacceptable.  It would be close to the feel of 2007 since they have played so well up to this point.  The off week and the rookies scare me.  I hope Bill has them so focused that they are not nervous, and I hope they are getting mad with all the bulletin board material that that fat fu*k is providing. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BelichickDisciple. Show BelichickDisciple's posts

I'll tell you what, it would be very tough to see the Pats lose to the Jets; especially after the way they've been playing so well, and the intolerable yapping from Rex Ryan. 

I suppose if they were truly outplayed and outschemed, then it would be tolerable - after all the Jets aren't a bad team despite the noise. A collapse on the part of the Pats, or if they come out flat like last year's Ravens game - well that would be truly depressing.

I am just hoping for a solid win. Then we can perhaps get some closure with the Ravens the following week.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from niz-58. Show niz-58's posts

In Response to Getting this out of the way..avoiding an upset.......the heartbreak.:
    [QUOTE]...also welcome the Jets posters comments on how they will react ...win or lose.
    Posted by sday4x4[/QUOTE]

You don't really expect an honest answer, do you?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

I am not buying this rookie nerves stuff.  BB drafted all Captains and it's showed up during the season.

Their maturity is the key.    The way they responded, surged ahead, worked as one, etc, shows they bought into the concepts.

They know see playing within the system as a unit gets them the results. The fear of straying from the recipe (Cleveland game), shows them what happens.

To answer your question, it's the cap era, and the separation from teams, generally speaking is pretty minimal.

"Any given Sunday".

That said, NE would have to play poorly at home to allow for NY to surge past them.

I just don't see BB having the Bye week, Brady hellbent on getting the 2007 and 2008 AND 2009 out his mouth, etc.

I am just not buying it. Something needs to be said for the intense passion and will BB and Brady have here.

If they play poorly, it's their own fault, and I just don't see it. 

Now, the Jets could play the game of their lives and pull the upset for sure.   It's why they play the games.

Everone says NE choked in SB 42 losing by 3 points on a miracle catch we'll never see again in our life, but I say the Giants deserved to win with the gameplan and execution.

I still think BB, Brady, people like Wilfork, Light, Mankins, Koppen, Welker, James Sanders, etc, even Merriweather, all know the SB 42 feeling.

And you add on last year's debacle at home?

You really think they lay an egg here? I don't.

If the Jets matched up better, I'd see the likelihood of the Jets upset as a much higher possibility.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

Well theres always the fetal position in the corner. I don't get how so many fans can't just enjoy this team and what they have done. Why the gloom and doom. The Pats have always been exciting and last minute in their victories. Why would it be different. If you decide to cash it all in don't disrespect your corpse in the Charles river, its nasty.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

Some things to be optomistic about.

When was the last time the Jets won in New England?
    The month of December the Jets folded and the Pats nailed it.  This is with the DL in a mess and without Spikes.
    The Pats offense.
    Turnover ratio.

The list could go on.  The upside is huge.  There is always a chance for an upset but I really don't expect one since the Jets can't seem to come close to a win at Foxbourgh.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

In Response to Getting this out of the way..avoiding an upset.......the heartbreak.:
    [QUOTE]Longshot happens and Jets win.......(which I don't see happening).......can we all react with some sanity?..will posters on this board see it as a total disaster? Just wanted everyone's opinion on what the reaction would be.....also welcome the Jets posters comments on how they will react ...win or lose.
    Posted by sday4x4[/QUOTE]

you sound like Ray Lomontagne

trouble
    trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble

worry
    worry, worry, worry, worry

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

In Response to Re: Getting this out of the way..avoiding an upset.......the heartbreak.:
    [QUOTE]Some things to be optomistic about. When was the last time the Jets won in New England? The month of December the Jets folded and the Pats nailed it.  This is with the DL in a mess and without Spikes. The Pats offense. Turnover ratio. The list could go on.  The upside is huge.  There is always a chance for an upset but I really don't expect one since the Jets can't seem to come close to a win at Foxbourgh.
    Posted by garytx[/QUOTE]

December 2006.   Rainy day. Jets played well and minimized Brady's passing game.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustcover. Show dustcover's posts

what the reaction would be.....

Look for me to be cutting in line atop the Mystic River Bridge. (Maurice J. Tobin Memorial Bridge to you pink hats)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In Response to Re: Getting this out of the way..avoiding an upset.......the heartbreak.:
    [QUOTE]I am not buying this rookie nerves stuff.  BB drafted all Captains and it's showed up during the season. Their maturity is the key.    The way they responded, surged ahead, worked as one, etc, shows they bought into the concepts. They know see playing within the system as a unit gets them the results. The fear of straying from the recipe (Cleveland game), shows them what happens. To answer your question, it's the cap era, and the separation from teams, generally speaking is pretty minimal. "Any given Sunday". That said, NE would have to play poorly at home to allow for NY to surge past them. I just don't see BB having the Bye week, Brady hellbent on getting the 2007 and 2008 AND 2009 out his mouth, etc. I am just not buying it. Something needs to be said for the intense passion and will BB and Brady have here. If they play poorly, it's their own fault, and I just don't see it.  Now, the Jets could play the game of their lives and pull the upset for sure.   It's why they play the games. Everone says NE choked in SB 42 losing by 3 points on a miracle catch we'll never see again in our life, but I say the Giants deserved to win with the gameplan and execution. I still think BB, Brady, people like Wilfork, Light, Mankins, Koppen, Welker, James Sanders, etc, even Merriweather, all know the SB 42 feeling. And you add on last year's debacle at home? You really think they lay an egg here? I don't. If the Jets matched up better, I'd see the likelihood of the Jets upset as a much higher possibility.
    Posted by BBReigns[/QUOTE]

This time I agree. IMO, game will be close into the 3rd Q, (as Ryan may show scheme to camouflage Safety weaknesses/TE mismatches, perhaps using Revis via some quirky Zone to help) then Pats shall diagnose this and pull away, probably starting with a mistake. Home Field always helps. 37-20 Pats is my guess.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

If the Jets win it'll be because they play a flawless game and/or because the Pats uncharacteristically turn it over.  I am not stupid enough to think that the Jets don't have a puncher's chance, but to stay in the game they'll need to contain an offense with many different ways to beat them.  If they get behind early, good luck to them. 

The major factor in this game is Sanchez.  The Jets have some nice skill players but can he get them the ball when it matters?  As much as I think Sanchez is the butt of too many jokes, I can't see him leading the Jets to a victory over a Brady-led offense and  BB-coached D.       

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dmcpatsfan. Show dmcpatsfan's posts

I really don't see the Jets winning...that being said after seeing the Giants beat the Patriots durring the Super Bowl I understand ANYTHING can happen....I just see the Patriots as a TEAM on a mission with nothing short of a championship being acceptable....ThePats just seem so focused this year & so well balanced I don't see any team stopping them from acieving their goal.....

I see a Patriots Greenbay Super Bowl on Feb 6th & the Pats  winning a close one 37-31

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from EASON11. Show EASON11's posts

Our dline is so thin I expect the Jets to run every play till we stop them.............could be 2009 all over just not the Ravens..............I Hope not.......and I hope I am wrong.............DLine is weak.........

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

won't even think about it right now. all i know the patriots have played this year beyond many's expectations and against some better defense than the jests. we  had the highest T.O. ratio in eons, and our offense almost matched some of the 2007 numbers. i'm optimistic the jests will lose

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]Our dline is so thin I expect the Jets to run every play till we stop them.............could be 2009 all over just not the Ravens..............I Hope not.......and I hope I am wrong.............DLine is weak.........
    Posted by EASON11[/QUOTE]

Disagree. The depth has been weakened, but some players have risen up this year, too.

I think it's in far better shape entering the playoffs this year v.s. last.

And the good thing is, many different bodies know now the system on the edges.

A lot of it is also attitude and it's clearly better this year than last year.  Last year, the edge was an issue all year.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

I'm not even thinking like that (as the headline suggested).  However, I do understand the gist of your post.  IMO, this year is a bonus.  Perhaps, it's a makeup for 2007?  After all, Pats fans were anticipating that big comeback the following season; the one where TB went down.

So, everything this year has been A/Outstanding.  This team will learn and grow, regardless of what the outcome is.  Of course, they are driven to win.  How long has it taken the Pats to get back in this position from a 17-0 season?  Perhaps, the newbees should be reminded of this?  These opportunities don't come around often.  When they do, ya have to finish it off; 60 minutes.

I believe this team is locked in.  Look out- they're coming ONE WAY!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

Let's not dwell on the negative. The way this team has been playing plus having the best coach and QB in the league, its highly unlikely that big mouth and the other NY blowhards are going to come into our house and walk off with a win.

Is it possible? Sure. Its possible a meteor will hit the razor Saturday night too, but its highly unlikely.

I just don't want to devote any time to thinking about how I'll react if either event happens.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

I will dispense with the likelyhood argument in order answer the question in your post.

1. I will be surprised.
    2. I will understand that the Patriots have a big upside in the next few years with all the draft picks and young talent so I won't be devastated thinking this was our year.
    3. I will read the boards here and be amused by the all the taunting from the Jets fans. Lets remember now that if this game was played 10 times the Jets would probably win once just from the way the ball bounces. I am sure the Jets fans won't be thinking this way if they win.
    4. Will try to figure out what happened..what the primary reason was.
    5. I will rout for Pittsburgh to win it all.
    6. Look forward to NBA playoffs.

There are 4 ways to lose that would bother me more than others :
    - if the Jets motivation and energy is clearly on a higher plane and/or the PAts don't show up, if so I hope they take the lesson into next year, not likely this will happen.
    -If thet lose it on a bad call or ref bias, in this case  my interest in Pro Footbal will just decrease a bit.
    -A major contributor gets injured early on (I can say this , I am not superstious knock on wood) and that unit does not adjust.
    - Jets win turnover battle by /> 1

I can handle if Ryan outschemed Belechick,  the Jets get some lucky bounces, or TB is slightly off and Sanchez has a career game.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

[QUOTE]Our dline is so thin I expect the Jets to run every play till we stop them.............could be 2009 all over just not the Ravens..............I Hope not.......and I hope I am wrong.............DLine is weak.........
    Posted by EASON11[/QUOTE]

I hope not too. I do think the DLine is healthy / good enough to stop the run if that is their priority.

..and I think it will be their priority even if we give up 300 yards passing because I can't see Sanchez passing that many time without a couple of picks.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauldeba. Show pauldeba's posts

If they can't get by the Jets, they won't get by anyone, not the ravens, not the steelers, not the Falcons.  It will be a tad disappointing but nothing, nowhere near like 2007, which was worse than Game 6 of 1986, at least in retrospect after the 2004 WS.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriots44. Show patriots44's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Getting this out of the way..avoiding an upset.......the heartbreak. : Disagree. The depth has been weakened, but some players have risen up this year, too. I think it's in far better shape entering the playoffs this year v.s. last. And the good thing is, many different bodies know now the system on the edges. A lot of it is also attitude and it's clearly better this year than last year.  Last year, the edge was an issue all year.
    Posted by BBReigns[/QUOTE]ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING! I see a different Team than last years Team. Too many agendas on last years Team Adalius, Springs, Even McGowan and Butler. BB, Brady, Wilfork, Crumpler, even Faulk will relay the message.Stick together and fight for 60 minutes.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

For me, the heartbreak will never be as great as in 2007, because of the fact that it was in conjunction with "the perfect regular season". That simply doesn't happen very often AND win a SB the same year.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from xBruzer77. Show xBruzer77's posts

The horrah, I still hurt from the Giants SB.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaytf25. Show jaytf25's posts

Playing devil's advocate for a minute, I thought the Jets would win the division at 11-5 or 12-4. I thought we were 9-7,10-6 or 11-5 if we were lucky. As the season got into October I still thought the Jets would take the division but we would be the wild card and I liked our chances for an upset them in either a playoff game or the title game. Now the roles have reversed so I'm a little scared. Hopefully a win. I don't care if it's 45-3(it won't be) or 21-20. Either way we overachieved this year and I've been happy and surprised.