Gholston on the way out?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PerryM. Show PerryM's posts

Gholston on the way out?

No I am not going to say we should go after him. Just in on ESPN Insider.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/features/rumors

I am saying who thinks Sancheez is their next BUST headed to the UFL?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MYNJJets. Show MYNJJets's posts

Re: Gholston on the way out?

In Response to Gholston on the way out?:
    No I am not going to say we should go after him. Just in on ESPN Insider. http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/features/rumors I am saying who thinks Sancheez is their next BUST headed to the UFL?
    Posted by PerryM

I say "In your dreams/nitemares" re: Sanchez........As a Patsie fan, you can hope.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

He's not a bust, but at #4 overall and a top 5 rushing attack to protect him, not to mention two All Pro WRs, etc, I don't expect him to be better when that goes away.

He's a mediocre return for that money and that draft position.

He's not going to always have the coddling throughout his career.  He hasn't won anything by himself yet. He manages the game poorly, is inconsistent and makes mindboggling throws.

Why do they limit the playbook with Sanchez if he is so great?

When the Jets lose some players on D, have some O Line issues moving forward, continue with some poor drafts, we'll see how great a draft pick Sanchez was.

He's clearly the weakest of the new batch of QBs rwo years into a career.

As stated here many times, he's Jay Cutler Jr. 

This is like the Ken O'Brien years. Get to the playoffs with a good D, but then when it's time for Ken O'Brien to take over a game, he never did it.  Because he was not worth his draft position.

Jets fans hang off the balcony on draft weekend acting like idiots for pretty good reason. Half are deluded, half are tortured by poor drafts and know it.

If Sanchez was in Arizona, he wouldn't get half the hype he now gets in deluded NY Green.

Overrated, but not a bust like David Carr, Russell, Leinart, etc.

Gholston, on the other hand, rivals the Ryan Leaf or Jamarcus Russell level busts.

Most NFL teams would have been so embarrassed by that as a failure, they would have cut him before last season.  They even made him take a paycut in his rookie deal which is almost unheard of in the NFL.

Did he ever even get a sack?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

I consider what Sanchez did with superior talent and what Cassell accomplished about the same. Maybe give the edge to Cassell because there is no way KC 's D is better than the Jets D. Sanchez has improved, but is he better than Brees, Rivers, Brady or Rapistburgher was their second year. At this point Sanchez is something less than Eli and Cutler.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqPga3W66sE

Ahh the memories

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from lippa. Show lippa's posts

I like football the best but wouldnt say its the best team sport there is!I think other sports take alot more  like Nascar it starts with the engineers to mechanics too crew crew and pit crew then too the driver whos sitting in a car for 4 hrs while blazing hot without no timeout too take!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from lippa. Show lippa's posts

Its true belive it  or not

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from lippa. Show lippa's posts

It takes more of a team in nascar then in football! No it wasnt  a joke

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Sanchez is no bust, a disappointment being picked so high yes but a bust no. Right now in his 2nd year I'd say he's in the top 10-15 QB's in the league right now. Now in a couple more years he might move up but you can't call a top 15 starting QB a bust really.

But yeah I'm and really glad the Jets grabbed Gholston and not us. All I can think about is the amount of rumors out there that the Pats were going to move up and grab Gholston and the Jets grab him thinking they were snubbing the Pats. Almost comical now when you think of the DE's that went right after that they could have used

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

Mark Sanchez = Barely average Q.B..  Besides, its a team game.  As  Q.B., Sanchez could not carry Brady's or Manning's jock strap.

There I said it.....Cool

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I am not saying Gholston is not a bust. But I am saying he is not a 3/4 OLB. Some team will give him a shot in a 4/3 as a DE and see what he can do.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Team game, Killa, but please. We all know you don't go anywhere without a QB in this league.

That's not an opinion, it's the way it is. You also pretty much just proved it by saying Cassel />Sanchez.

Sanchez had his team within two plays in the AFC title game two years in a row and failed to make the plays.  He gets those millions to punch the ball in there when he's passing. Instead, they don;t have the confidence to have him throw.

The goal line series against Pitt was a classic example of his inconsistency in this area.

He made some slight progress since his rookie year, which is better than nothing, but he's been coddled as much or more so any younger QB in the league.

Take a look at Casssel's 2008, for example, compared to Sanchez's 2009.

Cassel outplayed Brett Favre in 2008.

Of all the young QBs, Sanchez definitely has the most red flags.  Sanchez was taken 3 slots behind Bradford for example (yes, different draft), and whom would you rather have for that money under a cap?

Best young QBs (Rivers and Roetlisturd aren't young anymore)

1. Rodgers
    2. Ryan
    3. Flacco
    4. Cassel
    5. Bradford

I would put QBs like Freeman, Fitzpatrick, Sanchez, Stafford, etc in this lower tier based on what I have seen. The best are in that order based on what I've seen.

Haven't seen enough of Tebow.

Sanchez is justy lucky he's played on a team that is selling out to try to win a SB right now.

When that rug comes out....Oh boy.

Alex Smith. Now, THAT is a bonafide bust.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Well said Comment about Sanchez Killa.

I hate certain teams as much as the next, but I hate when people make innacurate statements about someone just for the sake of it, or because they hate that player or his team. 

Case in point, I hate the Colts and I dont care for Manning,, but I would never make a comment like "Manning S ucks"  its just not true.  nor can u say Sanchez is a bust.  He is no Tom Brady,, but he has a defense to make up for it.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MYNJJets. Show MYNJJets's posts

In Response to Re: Gholston on the way out?:
    Team game, Killa, but please. We all know you don't go anywhere without a QB in this league. That's not an opinion, it's the way it is. You also pretty much just proved it by saying Cassel />Sanchez. Sanchez had his team within two plays in the AFC title game two years in a row and failed to make the plays.  He gets those millions to punch the ball in there when he's passing. Instead, they don;t have the confidence to have him throw. The goal line series against Pitt was a classic example of his inconsistency in this area. He made some slight progress since his rookie year, which is better than nothing, but he's been coddled as much or more so any younger QB in the league. Take a look at Casssel's 2008, for example, compared to Sanchez's 2009. Cassel outplayed Brett Favre in 2008. Of all the young QBs, Sanchez definitely has the most red flags.  Sanchez was taken 3 slots behind Bradford for example (yes, different draft), and whom would you rather have for that money under a cap? Best young QBs (Rivers and Roetlisturd aren't young anymore) 1. Rodgers 2. Ryan 3. Flacco 4. Cassel 5. Bradford I would put QBs like Freeman, Fitzpatrick, Sanchez, Stafford, etc in this lower tier based on what I have seen. The best are in that order based on what I've seen. Haven't seen enough of Tebow. Sanchez is justy lucky he's played on a team that is selling out to try to win a SB right now. When that rug comes out....Oh boy. Alex Smith. Now, THAT is a bonafide bust.
    Posted by BBReigns

You are just so RIDICULOUS!  Even your own fellow Pat fans ridicule you.  Lower Tier?  According to who, you?  LMAO! Sanchez won how many games last season due to his fancy footwork?  lol - You're just too far gone......lol

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Ridicule me for what?  Having a different opinion and maybe them not looking as good as they thought?

I don't care who ridicules me.  If you come here for a self esteem boost, you have some serious developmental issues.

Sanchez is lucky to be on a team that spent dramatically on veteran free agents and having a top 5 run game to work behind.

PERIOD

He's nowhere near the upper tier young QBs. He might be someday, but not based on his QB rating, TD/INT ratio or compl%.  Even Cutler is better than Sanchez.

Many other Pats fans agree with me on this. They are in this thread, calling him "mediocre".

That's exactly what he is.  Mediocre and so far has not shown the ability to take a game over.

All the QBs I listed above have shown that ability.  Sam Bradford had 55 pass attempts in his 1st game as a rookie and did not bat an eye.

Even Cutler and Cassel have taken games over.

We know Rodgers has and even someone as mediocre as Ryan Fitzpatrick had a better season over Sanchez with far less to work with.

You put Fitzpatrick on the Jets and the Jets possibly get to the SB last year instead of looking like idiots for 4 tries at the goal line.

Take off the homer goggles.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking11. Show harleyroadking11's posts

If you remember I was running a weekly thread on Gholston and showed how bad he was compared to to street free agents that the Pats brought in. So to all the Jetards 

NANNER NANNER NANNER

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfan038. Show Patsfan038's posts

Boy, did he have a great combine! Ran a 4.6 and bench pressed 30 times or more. He looked great on the tape too. I think you cannot blame anyone but him for being a bust. Teams go by college tapes and combine performance and he blew everyone away. There was a rumor that Pats were interested in him at 7, but jets took him at 6, and pats traded down to 10 and got Mayo. I guess that worked out pretty well for us :p

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PerryM. Show PerryM's posts

Let me clarify, I don't really think Sancheez is a bust. I was just having some fun at Gholston and the Jests expense. You know like we heard about Brady and his hair and all the Jetards posts. Actually I think Sanchy is a "Decent" QB at best. Someday he will probably develop into a good backup veteran QB along the lines of a K Collins, M Bulger type. But Franchise, no....

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

Gholston blows, what else is new?

And as for sanchez being good, are you kidding me? He is surounded by 3 WR's that can be number ones on most teams. he has a great TE in Keller, an amazing Oline and a top 5 running attack. Not to mention that defense to get the offense a lot of opportunities/short fields. yet Sanchez is mediocre. You put any of the QB's BBReigns listed and they would put up monster stats with that team.

Against good defenses that can hold that running game, Sanchez shows his true colors. He aint a bust, but he doesn't deserve all the credit you ignorant Yets fans give him. The "sanchize" crumbles under pressure.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Every Ohio St Lineman cant convert to OLB and be the next Vrabel....   Those are the Breaks...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rochfan. Show rochfan's posts

I would take Mark Sanchez over Matt Cassel.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

In Response to Re: Gholston on the way out?:
    I would take Mark Sanchez over Matt Cassel.
    Posted by rochfan

May I ask why outside of Sanchez being younger?

Cassel has him beat across the board in every category and certainly is on a team that is just underway the last 2-3 years rebuilding.

Cassel will only be better when they draft a legit Tackle, move Albert inside and get another outside weapon besides #82.

I bet Cassel has another great year again.

Sections
Shortcuts