Giants Acquire LB Keith Rivers

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Re: Giants Acquire LB Keith Rivers

In Response to Re: Giants Acquire LB Keith Rivers:
    In Response to Re: Giants Acquire LB Keith Rivers : I believe these are all solid pick ups for a Superbowl champion team. I don't know why they have the money to do it but they obviously are working the cap better than NE.

RESPONSE: Give it a break. Do you think that the Patriots are the only well run franchise in the game? There's a reason why the Giants have won two SBs over the past 5 years. 

Giants have Eli who would be on similar money to Brady, a very good wide recieving corp and 1 of the all time great D lines.

RESPONSE: "...one of the all-time great D lines"??? Really??? They are well coached, and have several good pass-rushers in Tuck, Pierre-Paul, and a fading Osi. Other than that, what's so great about their D-line?

I remember NE had to make a choice between Seymour and Wilfork - Why because they had Brady. Where is the money going in NE????

RESPONSE: Are you saying that the Pats should have gotten rid of Brady, to keep Wilfolk and Seymour?? The money in new England is dispersed throughout the 53 man roster, in order to maintain quality depth, and good special teams. Wouldn't you agree that that formula has served the Pats well over the past decade? Furthermore, in case you have forgotten, Seymour's play had fallen off some with the Pats...and the Pats traded him, landing young OT Nate Solder in the process. Wouldn't you agree that they made the right choice in keeping Wilfolk over Seymour?

Parcells built that great defense the BB inherited now BB is doing a poor job of rebuilding the defense.

RESPONSE: Stop it. Please explain to us how Bill Parcells "built" the Pats defense, that contributed to three championships. Wouldn't you agree with me that it's much easier to built a good defense when you have the opportunity to select in the top 10 of the draft, than in the 24-32 range?  
    Posted by Brad34

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Think about it. The Giants franchised a kicker and Jacobs is gone. The Pats franchised a WR and lost Law Firm. Kickers being less expensive than WRs. A 5th seems a bit low. Low risk, high reward for Giants and Rivers. Smart move.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Re: Giants Acquire LB Keith Rivers:
    Think about it. The Giants franchised a kicker and Jacobs is gone. The Pats franchised a WR and lost Law Firm. Kickers being less expensive than WRs. A 5th seems a bit low. Low risk, high reward for Giants and Rivers. Smart move.
    Posted by JohnHannahrulz

Agreed. Good pick-up. Low risk, high reward.

Sections
Shortcuts