GIANTS "D" gave up 124pts In 3-game stretch!!!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from condognh. Show condognh's posts

GIANTS "D" gave up 124pts In 3-game stretch!!!!!

which is 41.3 ppg But they are the GREATEST D we have ever seen becuase they beat an out-of-sink GB team

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Re: GIANTS "D" gave up 124pts In 3-game stretch!!!!!

NY had the Packers beat earlier in the season, too, but for a botched call on a TD.

Giants will be the second toughest D the Pats will have seen this season.  Ravens were the toughest.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In Response to Re: GIANTS "D" gave up 124pts In 3-game stretch!!!!!:
    NY had the Packers beat earlier in the season, too, but for a botched call on a TD. Giants will be the second toughest D the Pats will have seen this season.  Ravens were the toughest.
    Posted by soups

I would say that Pit had a tougher D too, at the time

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from condognh. Show condognh's posts

FACTS Are FACTS Giants D is not the juggernaut the media makes them out to be

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

In Response to GIANTS "D" gave up 124pts In 3-game stretch!!!!!:
    which is 41.3 ppg But they are the GREATEST D we have ever seen becuase they beat an out-of-sink GB team
    Posted by condognh

Their D was riddled with injuries mid season. They are as healthy now as they have been all season.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

I agree they may not be a juggernaut, but they are playing much better now than they were earlier in the year. Holding Green Bay to 13 points (until garbage-time) at Lambeau is no small feat.

The same thing (in reverse) can be said about the Pats..."Wow, that 31st-ranked D is putrid!" Except they're not playing like a 31st-ranked D now.

It really does not matter what happened during the regular season. Different players (due to injuries), different schemes...sometimes it just takes time for an offense or defense to collectively jell. The Giants, and the Pats, have jelled.

Patriots have to protect Brady, execute and not turn the ball over. If they do that, and then fight like hell through 60 minutes, they will win the game.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

Giants gave up 400 regular sseason points.  Pats gave up 342.  If the Pats D is as bad as we hear; how can the Giants D be considered elite?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

if gronk is ok the patriots will put up some points.. the protection will be much better than it was in 07 as they will be more prepared for it this time. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from condognh. Show condognh's posts

In response to "Re: GIANTS "D" gave up 124pts In 3-game stretch!!!!!":
    In Response to GIANTS "D" gave up 124pts In 3-game stretch!!!!! : Their D was riddled with injuries mid season. They are as healthy now as they have been all season. Posted by Evil2012
    So did the PATs D Our D only gave up more then 27 PTs in a game once all year and that was I'm a game that featured 4 turnovers by pats ....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from condognh. Show condognh's posts

Giants gave up 49 38 and 37....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

Giants gave up 49 38 and 37....
    Posted by condognh

True, and if they gave up points like that in the playoffs, their D would certainly be looked at as suspect. But they shut down the highest scoring team in the league, on its home field, just two weeks ago. Can't see the relevance in old stats, nor can I see the Pats putting a 40-spot on them...though I would love to be proven wrong about that!

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

I agree they may not be a juggernaut, but they are playing much better now than they were earlier in the year. Holding Green Bay to 13 points (until garbage-time) at Lambeau is no small feat. The same thing (in reverse) can be said about the Pats..."Wow, that 31st-ranked D is putrid!" Except they're not playing like a 31st-ranked D now . It really does not matter what happened during the regular season. Different players (due to injuries), different schemes...sometimes it just takes time for an offense or defense to collectively jell. The Giants, and the Pats, have jelled. Patriots have to protect Brady, execute and not turn the ball over. If they do that, and then fight like hell through 60 minutes, they will win the game.
    Posted by NY-PATS-FAN4

^This. Could not agree more, NYPF. It'll be a game for the ages, to say the least. I think we all still have quite the bitter taste in our mouth dating back 4 years ago so this will be sweet, sweet revenge.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

I'll sound like a broken record.  Forget regular season stats...this year...for these two teams.  They are meaningless.  The Giants are playing much better than they did for most of the regular season.  So is our D.  Do you think our regular season D stats accurately reflect our D now?  Same for the Giants.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

In Response to Re: GIANTS "D" gave up 124pts In 3-game stretch!!!!! : True, and if they gave up points like that in the playoffs, their D would certainly be looked at as suspect. But they shut down the highest scoring team in the league, on its home field, just two weeks ago. Can't see the relevance in old stats, nor can I see the Pats putting a 40-spot on them...though I would love to be proven wrong about that!
    Posted by NY-PATS-FAN4

It's an interesting argument to use against the Giants when you consider that stats are what the pundits have been throwing at our D all season when in fact we only gave up 5 points per game more than the Ravens. The Giants are playing their best D of the season and it's going to take the best game of the season from both our O and our D to win.

No freakin' mistakes. No turnovers, no missed tackles and no bad kicks of any type. No dumb penalties either. We do all these things and we win.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from condognh. Show condognh's posts

They will be exposed

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

In Response to GIANTS "D" gave up 124pts In 3-game stretch!!!!!:
    Posted by condognh

Against who, GB, @ NO, and ???.  The Texans with their great D got lit up at NO, everyone gets lit up at NO. 

It amazes me how much stock people put in regular season games that were months ago, did we learn nothing about how important the regular season is in 2007?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

NONE of the talking heads care about the Giants stats...   as they continually point out how horrible the Pats D is because of stats.  What is driving some of this is how the Pats fared against the Ravens in which Flacco did quite well and if not for a couple key defensive plays and a missed FG, we may not be here posting about the Pats in the SB.  Secondly, the 49ers and their offense couldn't get out of its own way, it was horrible.  Many believe Manning will have more passing success against the Pats than Flacco.  If the Pats had been able to duplicate the efforts they had against the Broncos, this may be an entirely different conversation.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Match-ups . . .    match-ups . . .   match-ups.

I don't care who they beat or what the precious statistics say (or that they needed a boneheaded play for the ages to escape San Francisco, just as the Pats needed the worst kick you might ever see to avoid a dangerous overtime period against Baltimore).

The Bottom line is that New Jersey's linebackers have to deal with New England's tight ends and Wes Welker, and the Pats' offensive line must keep Brady in the fully upright and locked position.

It's a ridiculous over-simplification, but whichever team can take best advantage of its personnel mismatches wins the game.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

All I know is the Loozahs are going down. This game is TFB time! Book it!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from condognh. Show condognh's posts

Giants are the luckiest team in NFL history

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninpa420. Show patsfaninpa420's posts

The only thing that worries me about the Giants D is their abililty to create pressure up the middle. If they can do that it really throws a kink in all those crossing and slant routes that have been the bread and butter in the passing game. The offensive play calling has shown the ability to adapt and change strategy to offset this, but honestly how long in the game is that going to take before they do so?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Giants defense is overrated, just because GB got the dropsies and choked away their season doesn't make them great. Pats faced defenses from WAS, PITT, NYJ, MIA, DAL, and BAL. all better than the Giants. After the gauntlet of great defenses the Pats faced this year I consider the Giants a blessing....and the Pats to drop about 40 on them.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrynewyork. Show jerrynewyork's posts

Giants defense is overrated, just because GB got the dropsies and choked away their season doesn't make them great. Pats faced defenses from WAS, PITT, NYJ, MIA, DAL, and BAL. all better than the Giants. After the gauntlet of great defenses the Pats faced this year I consider the Giants a blessing....and the Pats to drop about 40 on them.
    Posted by shenanigan

40 ? and NJ ?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from condognh. Show condognh's posts

30-20 pats

Sections
Shortcuts