GIANTS "fake " injury TO

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from condognh. Show condognh's posts

GIANTS "fake " injury TO

several on defense. Still not sure if the 12 men wasn't intentional to wind down clock. Win at all cost

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JAR59. Show JAR59's posts

Re: GIANTS "fake " injury TO

In Response to GIANTS "fake " injury TO:
    several on defense. Still not sure if the 12 men wasn't intentional to wind down clock. Win at all cost
    Posted by condognh
    Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

Posted by condognh

Just like Willie McGinnest in Indy in 11/03, right? Fake as all get out. Had to sit out a play, then made the final stop on 4th and goal. A cheap play, right?

(You forgot to put the "MD" after your name.) 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from umichfan. Show umichfan's posts

Posted by condognh

I was thinking the same thing...Why is there so many Giants "injuries" on defense.  They would sit out one play and come right back in, but it's not like that team hasn't done that before.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Off topic a little but since this thread talks about injuries ......... First and foremost, I hate to see a player on either team get injured, it just plain sucks.  But I cant stop laughing about the Giants TE testing his leg out on the sidelines and then collapses!!  People go running over.... pure comedy gold!  I'm sorry, probably get bashed for this post but I almost died laughing.  You can't tell me you didn't LOL at that!

Hey he got a ring so can't feel sorry for the dude.  I must have watched that 20 times by now.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

In Response to Re: GIANTS "fake " injury TO:
    Off topic a little but since this thread talks about injuries ......... First and foremost, I hate to see a player on either team get injured, it just plain sucks.  But I cant stop laughing about the Giants TE testing his leg out on the sidelines and then collapses!!  People go running over.... pure comedy gold!  I'm sorry, probably get bashed for this post but I almost died laughing.  You can't tell me you didn't LOL at that! Hey he got a ring so can't feel sorry for the dude.  I must have watched that 20 times by now.
    Posted by TFB12

Because you weren't laughing at his injury. You were laughing that he should have known how badly he was injured and still tried to make a cut. Come on, dude. Yeah, it's the SB, but why are you even thinking about cutting when you can't even walk on it. 

Aside from that, his face was priceless. My wife and I laughed because it did look ridiculous.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SOXN6. Show SOXN6's posts

I know it would be difficult, but there has to be a way to penalize teams who do this. You see it too often with teams going to a No huddle offense and moving down the field. Its a very effective way of killing momentum, and happened all to often to the Pats and several other teams. Its so frustrating to see a player going from acting like he blew his knee out to jogging off the field and missing 1 play!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourjays30. Show fourjays30's posts

The only way you stop  it is to make it cost the team more that is doing it than what it does now. I would say change the rule that they have to sit for a quater. Give them the option of using one of the team time outs or they sit.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

Posted by condognh

What are you talking about? I am sick of this stuff about the 12-men penalty. Tuck running off the field had zero effect on that play. The Patriots got a free play. If they had scored a touchdown on the play it would have counted. When did they fake injuries?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from condognh. Show condognh's posts

The penalty hurts the pats more the the giants

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

In Response to GIANTS "fake " injury TO : What are you talking about? I am sick of this stuff about the 12-men penalty. Tuck running off the field had zero effect on that play. The Patriots got a free play. If they had scored a touchdown on the play it would have counted. When did they fake injuries?
    Posted by FrnkBnhm

The Giants faked many injuries. Only one was real--a torn acl i think. But all teams do it. So, it is what it is.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from FenwayChuck. Show FenwayChuck's posts

In Response to GIANTS "fake " injury TO : What are you talking about? I am sick of this stuff about the 12-men penalty. Tuck running off the field had zero effect on that play. The Patriots got a free play. If they had scored a touchdown on the play it would have counted. When did they fake injuries?
    Posted by FrnkBnhm

Frnk,

I am sure as a Giants fan you did not see the FAKE injuries.... As a Superbowl attendee who got to see what was going on through the commercial breaks you guys got.....  THEY WERE FAKING IT.   Pierre Paul lied down on the field like he had been shot in the head after one ofhis players landed on him.  He just stayed there until the doctors got to him... like he was a dead man.... ( COnveniently the pats were moving the ball quite well at the time- the pass rush was tired, and not getting to brady).... the coaches/ doctors got there... He sat up and you could see him smiling to them, and really appeared in no significant pain.  About 2 minutes later they helped him up... he had no limp buck took 3 slow steps then began running to the sideline.  When he got there he got pats on the back from everyone.... ( just encouragement- or a celebrationb for a good idea).  He was back in one play later....  But he had broken the offensive momentum and given his defensive bretheren about 3 minutes to catch their breath.... SUPRISE SURPRISE.. their defensive rush returned.... and they slowed the offense.   YES it was a FAKE injury..... and he sure looked good at the parade.....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattC05. Show MattC05's posts

If you're going to fake an injury, you don't do it with your best defensive player who is playing lights out.  JPP was not faking.  If you think he was because he went back in, you've obviously never played a contact sport.  It's very common to think you're injured much worse than you are in the heat of the moment, only to recover 30 seconds later.

Sour grapes.  The Giants played better than the Patriots.  That is why they won.  Stop making whiny excuses.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

Honestly had Welker made the catch for the first down, I was expecting another "injury" timeout

Sections
Shortcuts