GIANTS could be dangerous for anyone in the playoffs.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

GIANTS could be dangerous for anyone in the playoffs.

anyone think they have a chance.

a tough match if we make it there.

only atlanta would have been a team we wouldnt have to be concerned about the difficulty of beating should we make it to the superbowl

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Re: GIANTS could be dangerous for anyone in the playoffs.

its 2007 all over again for them. Don't think GB is wanting to play them.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In Response to Re: GIANTS could be dangerous for anyone in the playoffs.:
    [QUOTE]its 2007 all over again for them. Don't think GB is wanting to play them.
    Posted by kansaspatriot[/QUOTE]

i was thinking the same thing.
    only we need to rewrite some history.

with the big back and monster hakim nicks.

tough de.

a challenge for anyone

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

do you have them winning or losing next week?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Giants have a puncher's chance vs GB, for a variety of reasons.

If that does happen, I doubt they could beat NO (assuming NO wins also), however.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsRfineIn09. Show PatsRfineIn09's posts

Giants have the best pass rush, it won't surprise me if they beat GB.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

[QUOTE]Giants have a puncher's chance vs GB, for a variety of reasons. If that does happen, I doubt they could beat NO (assuming NO wins also), however.
    Posted by nhsteven[/QUOTE]

i agree, although i don't think the saints win outdoors in green bay

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Norger. Show Norger's posts

The Jints played GB very tough in their last game, I think they have an outside chance next week.  I agree with Steven above, though.  Don't see them beating GB and NO in succesion.  I think the jints would beat SF though, if that's the NFC Championship game.  

They would be a tough matchup in the SB, if the Pats get there.  Good defense, superior (maybe not elite) QB, who's engineered two game winning drives down the stretch the last two times these teams met.  Would be interesting to watc

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

I have them as the #6 team in the NFL.  Unfortunately the Saints, Packers and 49ers are all ahead of them.  The other two teams are the Patriots (what did you expect) and Philadelphia was playing hot before they ran out of season too soon.

Fortunately, the Patriots only have to face one of the above.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

[QUOTE]Giants have a puncher's chance vs GB, for a variety of reasons. If that does happen, I doubt they could beat NO (assuming NO wins also), however.
    Posted by nhsteven[/Q

Right, Giants could beat GB but I don't see ANYONE beating N.O. in the Superdome, so NYG has gotta be silently pulling for S.F. to beat N.O.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]So annoying.  No kidding.  BG cannot stop the run. Giants vs SF NFC title game.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKingII[/QUOTE]

re:"Giants vs SF NFC title game."

that would be my dream!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]I have them as the #6 team in the NFL.  Unfortunately the Saints, Packers and 49ers are all ahead of them.  The other two teams are the Patriots (what did you expect) and Philadelphia was playing hot before they ran out of season too soon. Fortunately, the Patriots only have to face one of the above.
    Posted by Paul_K[/QUOTE]

agreed, the nfc this year is brutal for anyone to get through

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: GIANTS could be dangerous for anyone in the playoffs. : [QUOTE]Giants have a puncher's chance vs GB, for a variety of reasons. If that does happen, I doubt they could beat NO (assuming NO wins also), however. Posted by nhsteven[/Q Right, Giants could beat GB but I don't see ANYONE beating N.O. in the Superdome, so NYG has gotta be silently pulling for S.F. to beat N.O.
    Posted by Thesemenarecowards[/QUOTE]

good point.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

[QUOTE]So annoying.  No kidding.  BG cannot stop the run. Giants vs SF NFC title game.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKingII[/QUOTE]

I sure hope you are right about that.  I think GB and the Saints would be our biggest matchup nightmares.  Both Brees and Rodgers would probably pass for 500 yards....in the first half lol.

I don't see both of them being elimintated though.  One of them is going to the SB.  But I'll hope you are right.  Both of those teams also have poor defenses, but I don't know if their offenses would even have to punt against our D.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: GIANTS could be dangerous for anyone in the playoffs. : I sure hope you are right about that.  I think GB and the Saints would be our biggest matchup nightmares.  Both Brees and Rodgers would probably pass for 500 yards....in the first half lol. I don't see both of them being elimintated though.  One of them is going to the SB.  But I'll hope you are right.  Both of those teams also have poor defenses, but I don't know if their offenses would even have to punt against our D.
    Posted by carawaydj[/QUOTE]

have the same nightmares. been talking about it for a week.
    (about preferring new o and gb lose, our defense would need miracles and turnovers) for us to win.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

I'm only surprised people needed to see the Atlanta game to think the Giants are for real. I picked them to go to the Super Bowl in my playoff pool....

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]I'm only surprised people needed to see the Atlanta game to think the Giants are for real. I picked them to go to the Super Bowl in my playoff pool....
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker[/QUOTE]

good analysis and hunch.
    if they play well, they could be a threat to anyone.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

Good thread here, bredbru...  Wanted to start a Giants thread early yesterday, but couldn't summon the great effort. 

The Giants/Green Bay game earlier this year, showed how nice the G-Men are playing this season.  They looked SERIOUS early on in that match-up, before the refs took over.  Same thing this last game, It looked like the only official NOT being paid off was the one who spots the ball at the end of each play (who was dead-on perfect/non-biased imho in his officiating).  

RE: The NY Giants and in terms of my loyalty as a Pats Fan, I gotta say (said this earlier in the year too): The Giants could theoretically beat NE, in the SB, after The Pats went 16-0...for 10 straight seasons...losing that final game each and every single season...TO The Giants=  And I'd still hate The Jets 1000X more.  

Ain't got nothing against The Giants Org..  Sorry, if that means I'm a disloyal Pats Fan, whatever.  I like The Giants in the same semblance that I like The Steelers and my own team, NE...they're tough, blue-collar, and more often than not-they Sh#tTF-U and do their talkin' on the field.  Neither one of these 3 teams loudly searches for headlines.  

You can name a million things about The NY Giants, and I'd say to you that I liked each and every one of these team traits, Save for just 2:  Eli Manning and the fact that they breath the same stadium air as The Jets.  Last one needs no explanation, but Eli Manning does...  Manning's a good, above-average NFL QB...it's just- well, he's st#p#d.  He's got the same passer pocket shiftiness and tackle-breaking ability as Ben Roethlisberger...but Eli's much less accurate, and (and here's the issue)- You can almost guarentee that Manning WILL do something- try to push 1 or 2 plays well past the point of reckless & d#mb, In EVERY single game.  Painful really, the amount of times 1 QB on Offense in charge of putting points on YOUR side, will suddenly and with no warning, singlehandedly be responsible for the entire momentum to shift towards the oppossing team, upon Eli doing something plain old id#ot#c.

RE: NY Giants Defense...  I'm actually surprised that in this copycat league, More Teams don't use The Giants blueprint for their own defenses (even in part).  LOVE their look.  

They get FREAKS at Defensive End:  6'5-6'6 and @ 280lbs.  Same deal at DT in their 4-man line:  6'3-6'5 and around 300lbs.  And here's the cool thing of what they get in terms of personell in their 4-3 D's front 7.  Now, they just bank on keeping pure quick-twitch monster Top 15 Draft Freaks of nature at DE.  IF they do at all, NY forsakes overall weight just barely though at 4-3 DE...again=Quick twitch Sasquatches with range.  It's NY's DTs and OLBs that ARE seemingly strangely (yet complimentary) different in NY's brand of 4-3.  DTs are taller, more cut, and less bulky (opposed to most gap-shooting big boy DTs in most 4-3's).  Same with NY's OLBs.  No 6'1-6'2/6'3 and 250-255lb usual 4-3 OLBs...again, it always looks like NY goes for sleekness, overall size (height and true muscle), and range/length.  They target guys who are just a bit too light to be trully acceptable 3-4 OLBs (and maybe 1-2 inches shorter), by getting 6'4 guys whom are around 245lbs or so.  Cool thing is, NY makes up for the weight-loss in their DTs and OLBs, by first using those "look like frankenstein, but run like a deer" DEs, AND by targeting bigger CBs (again=Rangier).  6'0-6'1 and 190-200lbs for their CBs-Overall, bigger, fuller, and tougher in height and in weight too.

Giants D is gonna be scary for a REALLY long time.  Exceptionally young, exceptionally athletic, and very sound defense with almost zero big positionally weak holes.  Next year they'll even get a free #1-#2 draft ranked CB for free, seeing as how Prince Amukumara lost almost this whole season (I thought he was actually a little more complete CB than LSU's Patrick Peterson with much, Much more upside than Colorado's Jimmy Smith in the 2011 Draft Class of CBs.       

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Rogers is a sissy, he doesn't like getting hit. He played his second worst game(his worst being against the Cheifs) when they played. Giants will beat the Packers, Giants won't beat the Saints or 9ers.