Giants Fan's Take: No Witchhunt Needed

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheRedStain. Show TheRedStain's posts

Giants Fan's Take: No Witchhunt Needed

I happen to be a Red Sox, Celtics and Giants fan who is on these boards every day checking on my teams. Naturally, I enjoyed watching the Super Bowl, which ended up pretty much the way I predicted in my earlier posts. (Giants by 10) What I find odd is all the finger-pointing after the game. The fact is: nobody plays a "perfect" game; every team has some drops and penalties each game. But the Pattycakes fans are engaged in a witchhunt to find who is responsible for "losing" the Super Bowl. The Giants WON the Super Bowl - deal with it! They are a better team. They are more talented, more clutch and more focused. They felt disrespected when injuries left them vulnerable in midseason and re-grouped  to make a run by season's end. Who could stop them? Not the Packers and Whiney Niners (both AT HOME) who are both superior to the Patsies. The Giants are as well-coached as any team in the league. To beat your team up for "losing" the Super Bowl reminds me of the OTHER arrogant, self-entitled "fans" over in Gotham - the justifibaly- despised Chokee "fans". Do yourselves a favor and accept defeat as part of the game. My hats are off to the Brady Bunch for playing a good game. They did not lose because anyone "failed" them - just because they were not the best team on the field that day. And, truth be told, the G-Men have their number. They have won the last 5 games (counting pre-season) played. Since Bellychick was exposed for his Spygate cheating, this team has NOT risen above the competition as they were once routinely expected to do. They are a good, solid team and will remain a strong franchise but they are not a "failed super team".

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SchwillyPete. Show SchwillyPete's posts

Re: Giants Fan's Take: No Witchhunt Needed

It's been hilarious watching the Patriots fan base melt down all week. You're all in your own personal hell.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheRedStain. Show TheRedStain's posts

I'm glad that the negative posters are feeling so bitter and envious - because that's what poor sports and sore losers do!
    For the record: I do not live in "New York or New Jersey" and never have. I was born in Connecticut and always rooted for the local teams.
    When that gaping deebag, Lamar Hunt, started the AFL to bankrupt the NFL because he was denied an ownership, he proved himself a bitter, envious poor sport and sore loser (sound familiar?)
    I decided to root against this new minor league. But eventually kids would be born who don't know anything about history and would be attracted to franchises born of bitterness and envy - and they would grow to be poor sports and sore losers - and end up on message boards making negative comments out of bitterness and envy. You losers know who you are.
    To the rest of you actual "sports fans" - can't wait for the Saux season to start - and "Go Celts!"

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

You re just pretending you re a red sox, and Celtics fan so you can just be part of the board.  Get out of here!

No one was the better team on the field.....Giants won cuz they made lesser mistakes than the Patriots.  

Like I have mentioned it before, whoever make more turnovers and make more mistakes will lose the game!!!

So that was why the Giants won!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

RedStain...  it is what it is...  name a fan board that does not toast their team for losing.  This board is mild compared to the NY ones.  I recall NY calling for Coughlin's head in mid season during the losing streak and now he is the cat's meow!!  Giants played well at the right time.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from df5. Show df5's posts

Yeah one lucky win over .500 Gave up 90 points to the Packers and Saints. And got thrashed by the pathetic Redskins. Clearly they are better than the 13-3 Patriots. Talk about delusional.

The only reason your joke of a team even made it to the Superbowl was because the 49ers can't catch punts. Then they happened to be on the field when the Patriots sheit themselves again in the playoffs. It's what they do. 

Your secondary is a joke. Your receivers and running backs are incredibly overrated And your QB is the next Jake Delhomme. Peaks for a year or two in the right situation and then comes back down to earth. Eli Manning is what he is: A brain dead interception machine. It will get worse not better. Just like with Jake Delhomme. At the end of the day you are what you are.

So enjoy next year when the Giants .500 record isn't enough to get into the playoffs and you can watch the Pats do what you team isn't man enough to do. You know, make the playoffs more than once or twice a decade.

The Giants are the perfect example of how Goodell has destroyed this leauge. He wanted parity (aka mediocrity) and he definitely got it. The 2004 Pats, Steelers, Colts, Chargers and Eagles all would have destroyed this Giants team. Now? They "win" a title. This league is becoming a joke.

But you know all this. Because it is clearly insecurity that forces you to come here and thump your chest as though your collection of misfits actually accomplished something.

Grow up.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheRedStain. Show TheRedStain's posts

In Response to Re: Giants Fan's Take: No Witchhunt Needed:
    Yeah, right, one of the more respected NFL families, had a patriarch who was a "dee-bag". Aren't you a piece of work. You must be on the other side of Hartford.  Stay there. You have way, way too much NY/NY in you.
    Posted by RustyGriswold

Huh? What "respected family" are you attempting to refer to? Lamar Hunt inherited his wealth from his daddy, who was a Texas oil baron.....Steinbrenners much?. When he attempted to relocate an NFL franchise to Houston, the NFL owners voted him down as an owner.
    This is his reason for vengence against the NFL. He only wanted to "kill" the league for "dissing" him. So he established a policy of overpaying players to steal talent from the NFL at a rate he knew was short-lived due to limited finances. In the end this loser forced a merger and was finally begrudgingly "accepted" in the back door of football. Maybe you should Google "AFL" and "Lamar Hunt" before you attempt to debate anyone. Many New Englanders from the 50s and 60s dispise the ALF tactics and to this day resuse to accept the AFL team foisted on their turf as a tool to kill the NFL. Go Geeee-men..... old school NFL!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In Response to Giants Fan's Take: No Witchhunt Needed:
    The Giants WON the Super Bowl - deal with it! They are a better team. They are more talented, more clutch and more focused. Posted by TheRedStain

Not so sure they are the better team.  As I have heard since the SB several sports talk hosts and former coaches say that if they played that SB 10 times they would probably end up splitting them.  And I agree, very evenly matched.  A few errors by either team decides the game... as we witnessed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In Response to Giants Fan's Take: No Witchhunt Needed : Not so sure they are the better team.  As I have heard since the SB several sports talk hosts and former coaches say that if they played that SB 10 times they would probably end up splitting them.  And I agree, very evenly matched.  A few errors by either team decides the game... as we witnessed.
    Posted by TFB12

Agreed; and 4 yrs ago, PATS would have won 8 out of 10; but don't tell that self-trolling infant who calls Eli the next Delhomme; too funny.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheRedStain. Show TheRedStain's posts

You re just pretending you re a red sox, and Celtics fan so you can just be part of the board.  Get out of here! No one was the better team on the field.....Giants won cuz they made lesser mistakes than the Patriots.   Like I have mentioned it before, whoever make more turnovers and make more mistakes will lose the game!!! So that was why the Giants won!!!
    Posted by GoUconn13

Sorry, you lose! I have been a Saux/Celt's/Giants/Huskies fan since the 50s.

Giants won the game because they had more passing yards, more rushing yards, more total yards, less turnovers and controlled the time of possession. That is clearly the definition of "the best team on the field". Eli was once again clutch in the fourth quarter and Marcia Brady was NOT. Compare 4th quarter QB ratings - 86-25?
    AND they didn't have a coach who challenged a play he witnessed three feet away that cost a timeout when they needed one most! What a bone head!
    Go Pierce - second-leading scorer in Celts history!

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Another dooshy Giants fan, why can't we get a classy Giants fan in here? 

p.s. it's no consolation you are a Sox and Celts fan if you come in here spouting drivel and demeaning our quarterback when you know full well folks are smarting over a tough loss. 

Congrats on the win, now some class and leave us alone, or is that too much to ask?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from majormathew. Show majormathew's posts

In Response to Re: Giants Fan's Take: No Witchhunt Needed : Sorry, you lose! I have been a Saux/Celt's/Giants/Huskies fan since the 50s. Giants won the game because they had more passing yards, more rushing yards, more total yards, less turnovers and controlled the time of possession. That is clearly the definition of "the best team on the field". Eli was once again clutch in the fourth quarter and Marcia Brady was NOT. Compare 4th quarter QB ratings - 86-25? AND they didn't have a coach who challenged a play he witnessed three feet away that cost a timeout when they needed one most! What a bone head! Go Pierce - second-leading scorer in Celts history!
    Posted by TheRedStain

you can't tell fools what they dont want to hear.....good post though!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeffab. Show jeffab's posts

For the record: I do not live in "New York or New Jersey" and never have. I was born in Connecticut and always rooted for the local teams.
    When that gaping deebag, Lamar Hunt, started the AFL to bankrupt the NFL because he was denied an ownership, he proved himself a bitter, envious poor sport and sore loser (sound familiar?)
    I decided to root against this new minor league.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

So, to combat the bitterness L. Hunt had against the NFL, you decided to never cheer for an AFL team because you were, well, "bitter?"  I am currently shaking my head at your brilliance.  Go grab the beard trimmer and listen to one of the cassette tapes you've got on the wall behind you Zohan! 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeffab. Show jeffab's posts

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

In Response to Re: Giants Fan's Take: No Witchhunt Needed : Sorry, you lose! I have been a Saux/Celt's/Giants/Huskies fan since the 50s. Giants won the game because they had more passing yards, more rushing yards, more total yards, less turnovers and controlled the time of possession. That is clearly the definition of "the best team on the field". Eli was once again clutch in the fourth quarter and Marcia Brady was NOT. Compare 4th quarter QB ratings - 86-25? AND they didn't have a coach who challenged a play he witnessed three feet away that cost a timeout when they needed one most! What a bone head! Go Pierce - second-leading scorer in Celts history!
    Posted by TheRedStain

AND Patriots gave up 9 points via the bad safey call by the referees along with a dumb 12 men on the field penalty.  If you take away the bad call and the dumb penalty at the same time the Patriots recovered the fumble, the Giants wouldnt be outgaining the Patriots.  Patriots never had the ball for the first 20 plays of the game!!  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Giants won the game because they had more passing yards, more rushing yards, more total yards, less turnovers and controlled the time of possession. That is clearly the definition of "the best team on the field". Eli was once again clutch in the fourth quarter and Marcia Brady was NOT. Compare 4th quarter QB ratings - 86-25? AND they didn't have a coach who challenged a play he witnessed three feet away that cost a timeout when they needed one most! What a bone head! Go Pierce - second-leading scorer in Celts history!
    Posted by TheRedStain

So let me get this straight just to be clear.... If lets say Welker makes that catch, Pats finish it with a td and win the game then you would say the better team lost the game?

Oh, and how do you feel about Kurt Warner saying Eli is not a HOF qb at this point?  Do you agree or disagree?

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheRedStain. Show TheRedStain's posts

Another dooshy Giants fan, why can't we get a classy Giants fan in here?  p.s. it's no consolation you are a Sox and Celts fan if you come in here spouting drivel and demeaning our quarterback when you know full well folks are smarting over a tough loss.  Congrats on the win, now some class and leave us alone, or is that too much to ask?
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker

Since when are facts "drivel" and name-calling "classy"?  Try again.
    This is my message board so I'm staying - deal with it.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheRedStain. Show TheRedStain's posts

For the record: I do not live in "New York or New Jersey" and never have. I was born in Connecticut and always rooted for the local teams. When that gaping deebag, Lamar Hunt, started the AFL to bankrupt the NFL because he was denied an ownership, he proved himself a bitter, envious poor sport and sore loser (sound familiar?) I decided to root against this new minor league. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ So, to combat the bitterness L. Hunt had against the NFL, you decided to never cheer for an AFL team because you were, well, "bitter?"  I am currently shaking my head at your brilliance.  Go grab the beard trimmer and listen to one of the cassette tapes you've got on the wall behind you Zohan! 
    Posted by jeffab

Your petty sniping has added much to our knowledge of football - no, wait. Nope, not a bit! And I'm sorry if you are offended because my used record store, Mr. Vinyl's, has vintage cassettes on the wall -  but some people still like the cassette players in their vintage cars. You know - that thing Daddy drives you to school in.
    Yes, I have a beard, like those grown-up men in the movies have.....it's boys that don't have them.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In Response to Re: Giants Fan's Take: No Witchhunt Needed : Since when are facts "drivel" and name-calling "classy"?  Try again. This is my message board so I'm staying - deal with it.
    Posted by TheRedStain

No it's not your board!  Words like belicheat, patsies, and spygate make you a troll.
    You'll be here as long as we let you stay.  The number of reported complaints  for trolling will determine that... Not you.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In Response to Re: Giants Fan's Take: No Witchhunt Needed : He won't answer either question. NE handed the last 3 games away on a platter to the Giants. Put it this way, if I am a Giants fan and I see how my team beat NE, I would just admit it. I;d say thanks very much, I've just removed the horseshoe.  lol What did BobbySu say here yesterday? His Giants co-workers said "thanks for handing us 9 points"? Yep. If Eli Manning is a HOF QB right now, then Jim Plunkett goes in tomorrow. So does Roethlisberger. They're not going in until Plunkett goes in.
    Posted by RustyGriswold

The media experts (Simms, Aikman, Jaworski, Mariucci, et/al) claim the top teams are so evenly matched that these games are invariably decided by mistakes, lucky bounces and so on; to wit - BOTH Championship Games, as well as the SB.

As far as the comparisons of Eli to Plunkett, etc, NONE of these guys brought that up; the consensus has been he's in the active top 4; even the Boston media thinks so; so your opinion is of the amateurish, fandom based, extreme minority type ilk. 

A record 15 RS 4th Q TD passes and 8 4th Q comebacks in 1 season, plus the brass ring, and now multiple SB MVPs, which has been done by only 4 others, all HOFers or HOF bound, is nothing to sneeze at.  

Sections
Shortcuts