Giants Fan's Take: No Witchhunt Needed

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

Re: Giants Fan's Take: No Witchhunt Needed

In Response to Re: Giants Fan's Take: No Witchhunt Needed:
    In Response to Re: Giants Fan's Take: No Witchhunt Needed : Sorry, you lose! I have been a Saux/Celt's/Giants/Huskies fan since the 50s. Giants won the game because they had more passing yards, more rushing yards, more total yards, less turnovers and controlled the time of possession. That is clearly the definition of "the best team on the field". Eli was once again clutch in the fourth quarter and Marcia Brady was NOT. Compare 4th quarter QB ratings - 86-25? AND they didn't have a coach who challenged a play he witnessed three feet away that cost a timeout when they needed one most! What a bone head! Go Pierce - second-leading scorer in Celts history!
    Posted by TheRedStain

There are lots and lots of old Giants fans in New England, who were rooting for them before the Pats existed.  Obviously not so much in Mass or NH and ME but the other states have always been strongly, if not majority Giants territory.

It must be weird cheering for NYG over NE in the Super bowl though, all the buddies you normally are against you are with and vica versa....  odd. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In Response to Re: Giants Fan's Take: No Witchhunt Needed : It's too early to worry about next season's cap. It's still time to bath in the afterglow of this season's Super Bowl Championship. But we trust our front office to cut the fat and draft replacements. G-men rarely make a splash is free agency. But I do love the salary cap - wish we had one in MLB. Too bad Chokees are obstructing it! Go Saux!
    Posted by TheRedStain

Bask all you want (you earned it) but it's never too early to worry about the future.
    While your basking, the Pats will be improving.
    They are favorites to win the SB next year for a reason.
    It's called a good team with 20 mil to spend to improve.
    The Jints won't have that luxury... But, hey at least they can bask.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tomhab. Show Tomhab's posts

In Response to Re: Giants Fan's Take: No Witchhunt Needed : You spelled "your" wrong.
    Posted by TheRedStain

I spelled Come wrong too but let's not get nit picky!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In Response to Re: Giants Fan's Take: No Witchhunt Needed : There are lots and lots of old Giants fans in New England, who were rooting for them before the Pats existed.  Obviously not so much in Mass or NH and ME but the other states have always been strongly, if not majority Giants territory. It must be weird cheering for NYG over NE in the Super bowl though, all the buddies you normally are against you are with and vica versa....  odd. 
    Posted by Thesemenarecowards

It was like the Cardinals in baseball way back when; most fans who lived south or west of StL were Cards fans. Using similar lat/long geometry, before the AFL Giant country went through NE and into Canada; even in an interview with Kraft last wk, he admitted to being a Giant fan as a youngster, and started rattling off names I never even heard before.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In Response to Re: Giants Fan's Take: No Witchhunt Needed : That's pretty convienient - the teams were "evenly matched" - according to you, but the Patriots LOST the last 5 in a row (including pre-season).
    Posted by TheRedStain

No, actually I heard a interview where Brian Billick said they were evenly matched and if they played 10 times they would split the games.  It kind of surprised me coming from Billick since he is so high on the Giants defense.  However, I do agree. 

And really, you are you so close minded not to see that a play here or there ant the Patriots win that game?  The Giants fumbles go a different way the game certainly could have a different ending.  Patriots didn't need to play a perfect game to beat the Giants, just a few less mistakes and they carry the trophy home with them.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

The hatching of trolls on this board is about as bad as I've seen in years.
    Time to call in an exterminator.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

In Response to Giants Fan's Take: No Witchhunt Needed:
    I happen to be a Red Sox, Celtics and Giants fan who is on these boards every day checking on my teams. Naturally, I enjoyed watching the Super Bowl, which ended up pretty much the way I predicted in my earlier posts. (Giants by 10) What I find odd is all the finger-pointing after the game. The fact is: nobody plays a "perfect" game; every team has some drops and penalties each game. But the Pattycakes fans are engaged in a witchhunt to find who is responsible for "losing" the Super Bowl. The Giants WON the Super Bowl - deal with it! They are a better team. They are more talented, more clutch and more focused. They felt disrespected when injuries left them vulnerable in midseason and re-grouped  to make a run by season's end. Who could stop them? Not the Packers and Whiney Niners (both AT HOME) who are both superior to the Patsies. The Giants are as well-coached as any team in the league. To beat your team up for "losing" the Super Bowl reminds me of the OTHER arrogant, self-entitled "fans" over in Gotham - the justifibaly- despised Chokee "fans". Do yourselves a favor and accept defeat as part of the game. My hats are off to the Brady Bunch for playing a good game. They did not lose because anyone "failed" them - just because they were not the best team on the field that day. And, truth be told, the G-Men have their number. They have won the last 5 games (counting pre-season) played. Since Bellychick was exposed for his Spygate cheating, this team has NOT risen above the competition as they were once routinely expected to do. They are a good, solid team and will remain a strong franchise but they are not a "failed super team".
    Posted by TheRedStain

I have no problem with your general message that the Giants won and were the better team on Sunday. It is true.

I have a problem with the divided loyalties. I just don't believe you are a Sox or Celts fan because you can't be that and a fan of a NJ team. I am sure it has already been said and, if so, I agree with that sentiment wholeheartedly.

I also noticed that you call yourself "stain" and look like Hans Gruber after a day at The Salon for "Men". 

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSox_Giants_Devils_Nicks. Show RedSox_Giants_Devils_Nicks's posts

When two teams are as evenly matched as the Giants and Pats, the game comes down to mistakes, turnovers, and a little luck. But its the Skill of both teams that make it that way. To say that the win had no skill involved is ludacris. I will break down why the giants won and then lets let the losing fans mourn untill they dont anymore and the winning teams fans be champs until the start of next season. And hopefully we stop the witch hunt as the OP segests and arguments about luck, Eli, Brady being a shell of himself, fans being A--holes, ect.
    Lets start with the champ games because I have seen many times that the giants were only in the superbowl because of Luck. 
     Giants V SF) Skill. 2 hard fought D's slugged it out neither giving an inch. Good punting and special teams from the Giants whose special teams usually sucks. The well placed hand that stripped the final punt setting up field position. Manning to Manningham a classic combo. steve weatherford rangling a bad snap in the rain to set up a textbook kick.

Luck. Eli tossing up bad back foot passes 2 times, and both times having the ball hit the turf because 2 defenders crashed into each other. GORE NOT PLAYING!!!

Mistakes. The SF returner not getting out of the way. Excessive celebration by Davis

Help: Quick whistle on the Bradshaw fumble (yes fellow Giants fans that was a quick whistle) 

Forgive me for this next one if I forget anything. I had to work and did not catch this game
    Pats V Ravens) Skill. The Pats D stepped it up big time in this game. Overcoming Mistakes like the Brady INT. The strip of the ravens player in the end zone

luck. Missed field goal.....Nuff said

Mistakes. Again I did not watch the game so yea...But im sure they were there

NOW TO THE SUPER BOWL______________________________________

SKill) The Pats D stepped it up once again. Brady was brady and led marches down the field. Eli was Eli and made marches down the field. The Pats D line Got to Eli alot. Good coaching virtually shut down Cruz and Nicks. Woodhead was on his way to the SB MVP. The Giants D got to Brady in key situations. Blackburn made a good read on a ball and made a nice solid INT. Eli leads the Pats safteys with his eyes throws a pinhole pass and Manningham makes a GREAT catch. The Giants Run game went into overdrive at the end. Hynoski HUSTLES to a stripped ball and is able to jump on it with no one allowed. Well defended Hail Mary pass

Luck) the fumbles take good Giants bounces. Gronk injury 

Mistakes) PATS 12 men on the Field. The saftey. Welkers drop. Hernandez's drop, Branch's drop. Brady interception.

The Giants and pats both had the skill to win this game. Both QB's played well and are top 5 QB's. The D's played well, they both proved they deserved to be there and the battle was epic. Along with that skill the giants also had a little bit of luck and made less mistakes Making them the best team on the field on Sunday and helping them win the Super bowl.

I was telling my friend during half time I wish the Giants and Pats could play every year because the game is always a good one with both teams have the same chance to win.

A little note: Was watching NFL network today and they showed the end of the game...The look on Robert Kraft's face after the game made me want to cry and put sports in perspective and what they mean to people. The Whole MHK patch was inspiring and nice and if I wasnt a Giants fan I would have been rooting for the PATS. You always want stories like that to end perfectly.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In Response to Re: Giants Fan's Take: No Witchhunt Needed : typical Queenie response....this idjit makes me glad we are their daddy's
    Posted by JintsFan

You're ignored dikwad.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from df5. Show df5's posts

I'm starting to think this moron is one of Leon's psychotic incarnations.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrynewyork. Show jerrynewyork's posts

In Response to Giants Fan's Take: No Witchhunt Needed : I have no problem with your general message that the Giants won and were the better team on Sunday. It is true. I have a problem with the divided loyalties. I just don't believe you are a Sox or Celts fan because you can't be that and a fan of a NJ team. I am sure it has already been said and, if so, I agree with that sentiment wholeheartedly. I also noticed that you call yourself "stain" and look like Hans Gruber after a day at The Salon for "Men". 
    Posted by EnochRoot

why can't he ? i root root for the Mets and the Bruins and oh yeah the Red Sox. i was born a Mets fan but my favorite player of all time is Dwight Evans. your rules don't apply to me.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

In response to "Re: Giants Fan's Take: No Witchhunt Needed":
    Another dooshy Giants fan, why can't we get a classy Giants fan in here?  p.s. it's no consolation you are a Sox and Celts fan if you come in here spouting drivel and demeaning our quarterback when you know full well folks are smarting over a tough loss.  Congrats on the win, now some class and leave us alone, or is that too much to ask? Posted by BostonTrollSpanker
    Well said. Gloating and righteous; this troll wants it all.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

I, too, live in Connecticut (grew up in Boston) and count among my friends and professional colleagues a number of Giants fans.  To a one, I have found them to be knowledgeable, classy and respectful of talent and performance with respect to all NFL teams.  I had a bet with one of my colleagues on the game and called him immediately when the hail mary failed.  I said to him then and I believe now that it boiled down to the Giants made the plays at the right time and the Pats did not.  His response was fairly typical of my conversations since with other Giants fans here:  a very tightly contested game by two well matched teams that could have gone either way.  We all agree: the team that played better at the right time won the game.

My point?  The original poster in this thread is not typical of NY Giants fans that I know.  In my opinion, he is the veritable personification of classless behavior.

And to you Red Stain I would say this:  Kiss my a ss.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from cglassanos. Show cglassanos's posts

In Response to Re: Giants Fan's Take: No Witchhunt Needed : The Red Stain is the sight of my beloved Red Sox crushing the weak opposition into liquid residue. Sorry if that thought offends you. Ted Williams= best hitter ever.
    Posted by TheRedStain

Your face offends me.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Roadrunner9234. Show Roadrunner9234's posts

In Response to Re: Giants Fan's Take: No Witchhunt Needed : Let's try to make a post without calling people with more advanced opinions "stupid" or "liars". Go Saux!
    Posted by TheRedStain

I didn't call a person with "more advanced" opinions those things. Your opinions won't be "advanced" until you understand that the more talented team doesn't always win.

You call yourself a Red Sox fan, have you never watched the Sox get beat by an inferior team?

The giants won the game because they played better than the Patriots. That's not the same as saying the Giants are a better team. I guess maybe the point is too advanced for you to comprehend.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In Response to Re: Giants Fan's Take: No Witchhunt Needed : I have no idea what you're talking about. You said someone is comparing Delhomme to Eli and I said Eli is better than Delhomme.  Whoever said Eli is Delhomme is likely a moron. I said Eli is on the Roethlisberger level, but not Peyton Manning or Brady levels. To me, it's still the Rodgers, Brady, Brees tier.  Sorry.   Believe it or not I watch Rodgers and Brees with my own eyes and see a difference between the uber elite tacticians and the really  good ones like Roethlisberger and Eli. There's a difference. And yeah, I think if you start gushing over Roethlisberger and Eli with eachh having really nice organizations to come into the league with, structure, head coach, coordinators, etc, they had it a lot easier than 2 time SB winning QB Jim Plunkett, who started with a crappy NE org and then ended up buried with Joe Namath in the hell hole that was SF in the late 1970s. Once he got to a good environment, he flourished. So, I am just saying in this HOF debate or whatnot, until Plunkett gets in, Big Ben and Eli aren't HOFers. And let's be honest, any time any Pitt player is good they're fans go berserk overrating them and it's WORSE when any NY player does anything good.  We know that.  Boston fans laught at NYers for this.  Classic NY stuff. "We're the best! Put him in a NY uni and he's going to the HOF!"
    Posted by RustyGriswold

First of all Bos fans (and possibly all) are capable of this too; just check the Brady, Pedro & TW are the GOAT shtick. (They're right about Orr)

It was df5 above who made the Delhomme remark, FWIW.

I agree with you regarding Plunkett; being on a lousy team and getting beat up as a result made him underappreciated; a great college player (Heisman) too, who showed his stuff with an injured body later on.

As far as Eli is concerned, I'll take the expert's opinion over yours; not that you're not knowledgeable, and you may even have a point. He could be flavor of the month only; then again, maybe more than that.

Regardless, it was Rodgers-Brees (pick 'em, although Brees benefits from the indoors Home Games), Brady, E. Manning, Stafford, Roethlisberger, & Schaub in 2011 as far as my ranking is concerned.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

I'm starting to think this moron is one of Leon's psychotic incarnations.
    Posted by df5

And you calling Eli another Delhomme isn't? 

Sections
Shortcuts