GIANTS: LUCKIEST EVER?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from condognh. Show condognh's posts

GIANTS: LUCKIEST EVER?

how else do you fumble 4 TIMES and maintain possession?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kevin13130. Show kevin13130's posts

Re: GIANTS: LUCKIEST EVER?

They fumbled three times, two of which they miraculously recovered and third one negated by penalty.

I don't want to sound like a sore loser by pointing out how lucky the Giants have been on their Super Bowl runs, but they have had so much luck on their side.

Against the Packers, Green Bay receivers dropped 8 passes. Hakeem Nicks makes a miracle Hail Mary catch right before halftime. Against the Niners, Eli throws 3 would-be picks, except the Niners defenders drop them all. Then we all know about Kyle Williams fumbling. Against us, the fumbles they recover, the Welker drop, even Gronkowski being hurt before the game.

The Giants played well enough in the playoffs to win given their luck. But make no mistake about it, they had A LOT of luck.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brad34. Show Brad34's posts

They were lucky but you do need a lot of luck and things to go your way at the right time to win superbowls.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kevin13130. Show kevin13130's posts

In Response to Re: GIANTS: LUCKIEST EVER?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: GIANTS: LUCKIEST EVER? : oh bull****     and u got to take advantage of breaks...if u leave the door open a crack gmen will walk right in
    Posted by JintsFan[/QUOTE]

Be reasonable. Even you have to admit that the Giants had tremendous luck during the postseason. I'm not saying they didn't deserve to win. Luck is a part of the game, and like you said, Giants took advantage of it.

But to say that the Giants won solely on talent and great plays, well that's bull****

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

stop with this nonsense

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from condognh. Show condognh's posts

What nonsense the JiNtZ had a horshoe in thier ......

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shark59745s. Show shark59745s's posts

[QUOTE]They fumbled three times, two of which they miraculously recovered and third one negated by penalty. I don't want to sound like a sore loser by pointing out how lucky the Giants have been on their Super Bowl runs, but they have had so much luck on their side. Against the Packers, Green Bay receivers dropped 8 passes. Hakeem Nicks makes a miracle Hail Mary catch right before halftime. Against the Niners, Eli throws 3 would-be picks, except the Niners defenders drop them all. Then we all know about Kyle Williams fumbling. Against us, the fumbles they recover, the Welker drop, even Gronkowski being hurt before the game. The Giants played well enough in the playoffs to win given their luck. But make no mistake about it, they had A LOT of luck.
    Posted by kevin13130[/QUOTE]

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from shark59745s. Show shark59745s's posts

Giants are the luckiest team ever by far and they are the worst team to ever win a super bowl!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kevin13130. Show kevin13130's posts

Just to be clear, because I feel like I'm being misunderstood a bit here, I am not calling the Giants lucky to imply that they were not responsible for their wins. They made the plays and they deserve credit. If plays happen to go their way, it's not their fault.

I am simply pointing out that plays have gone their way. That their season might have ended without some luck, which is fine.

The Patriots didn't win 3 Super Bowls without luck, and we didn't get to this Super Bowl without luck. Most Super Bowls are won because of luck, and that's probably why the Giants are Super Bowl champions. But because luck can be on either team's side, it's understandable that I was annoyed luck chose the Giants side.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from condognh. Show condognh's posts

A sh....:ton of luck

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from condognh. Show condognh's posts

How does this happen????

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

[QUOTE]They fumbled three times, two of which they miraculously recovered and third one negated by penalty. I don't want to sound like a sore loser by pointing out how lucky the Giants have been on their Super Bowl runs, but they have had so much luck on their side. Against the Packers, Green Bay receivers dropped 8 passes. Hakeem Nicks makes a miracle Hail Mary catch right before halftime. Against the Niners, Eli throws 3 would-be picks, except the Niners defenders drop them all. Then we all know about Kyle Williams fumbling. Against us, the fumbles they recover, the Welker drop, even Gronkowski being hurt before the game. The Giants played well enough in the playoffs to win given their luck. But make no mistake about it, they had A LOT of luck.

So they only fumbled twice, and I do not think either was a miraculous recovery. I do not remember a Patriot being close to either one of those balls while they were on the wrong. 

I do not think the Giants had any more luck than the Patriots in that game. Manning, like Brady, missed some wide open receivers. Brady's interception was an awful play by him (Gronk is not going to out jump anyone with one ankle and how many of those bombs have they completed this year total?).

The Giants took the brunt of the bad calls in that came. The holding that ended the Giants last drive of the first half was questionable at best. There were at least three plays were the Pats DBs clearly made contact before the ball got there, but the refs have been calling PI much looser in the playoffs (I wonder how many games in the NFL this year had 81 pass attempts and zero penalties on DBs).

The Patriots got outplayed. When it counted, the Giants delivered and the Patriots did not. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from condognh. Show condognh's posts

No they bounced right into JInTZ hands 3 times . But hey luck is luck

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kevin13130. Show kevin13130's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: GIANTS: LUCKIEST EVER? : So they only fumbled twice, and I do not think either was a miraculous recovery. I do not remember a Patriot being close to either one of those balls while they were on the wrong.  I do not think the Giants had any more luck than the Patriots in that game. Manning, like Brady, missed some wide open receivers. Brady's interception was an awful play by him (Gronk is not going to out jump anyone with one ankle and how many of those bombs have they completed this year total?). The Giants took the brunt of the bad calls in that came. The holding that ended the Giants last drive of the first half was questionable at best. There were at least three plays were the Pats DBs clearly made contact before the ball got there, but the refs have been calling PI much looser in the playoffs (I wonder how many games in the NFL this year had 81 pass attempts and zero penalties on DBs). The Patriots got outplayed. When it counted, the Giants delivered and the Patriots did not. 
    Posted by FrnkBnhm[/QUOTE]

Well that's my point on the fumbles, the ball bounced the Giants way. Fumbles are rarely recovered by the offense because usually fumbles occur around a swarm of defenders. I probably exaggerated calling it miraculous, but it was no doubt pretty lucky.

I wouldn't say we were lucky in this one. Manning did miss a few throws. I guess you could that luck, but it sounds to me like a mistake. So Brady missed a few throws too, and Welker did drop what could've sealed the game.

The INT to Gronk was absolutely a great play by that linebacker. But wouldn't you say that Giants caught a very lucky break to have Gronk so limited in this game? Because if Gronk were 100%, I'm not sure this game would've been close.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: GIANTS: LUCKIEST EVER? : Well that's my point on the fumbles, the ball bounced the Giants way. Fumbles are rarely recovered by the offense because usually fumbles occur around a swarm of defenders. I probably exaggerated calling it miraculous, but it was no doubt pretty lucky. I wouldn't say we were lucky in this one. Manning did miss a few throws. I guess you could that luck, but it sounds to me like a mistake. So Brady missed a few throws too, and Welker did drop what could've sealed the game. The INT to Gronk was absolutely a great play by that linebacker. But wouldn't you say that Giants caught a very lucky break to have Gronk so limited in this game? Because if Gronk were 100%, I'm not sure this game would've been close.

I think Gronk would have made a big difference in the game (did it seem odd to have him out there on the hail mary), but it just seems to me that Coughling understands how to beat this Patriots offense. He throws off the timing just enough to disrupt the rhythm and makes Brady and the Pats seem ordinary. 

The Pats basically played well for an eight minute stretch at the end of the first and start of the second halves. After that they were dominated, in the last 26 minutes of the game: the Giants outscored the Patriots 12-0 (scoring on 3 of theirs 4 drives), the held the ball for twice as much (17:20 to 8:17), outgain the Patriots 215 yards (on 38 plays for 5.6 yards per play) to 98 yards (on 26 plays for 3.8 yards per play). The Giants second half drives were, FG, FG, punt, TD, and the punt was on the drive where Moore could have easily been called for PI.

If anything the Patriots were lucky to have the game be as close as it was. They did not outplay the Giants consistently in any aspect of the game.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from condognh. Show condognh's posts

No they caught every concievsble break

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

In Response to GIANTS: LUCKIEST EVER?:
    [QUOTE]how else do you fumble 4 TIMES and maintain possession?
    Posted by condognh[/QUOTE]

Look, it was something, but when they recovered, THEY jumped on the ball.  No luck.  Good, attentive playing.  The only bogus thing in the whole game was the ridiculous safety, which we negated.  Let's face it, we needed to score a touchdown during ONE of the drives where they kicked field goals.  At some point, we needed to score.  Did not.  Lost game.  Ugh.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

I don't think the Giants were lucky. They completely out played the Pats..It doesn't seem like the Patriot's defense had an answer for the Giants. They were passing to the outside almost at will.
    A couple of costly errors on the part of the Pats was the difference.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from YankeeBill. Show YankeeBill's posts

In Response to GIANTS: LUCKIEST EVER?:
    [QUOTE]how else do you fumble 4 TIMES and maintain possession?
    Posted by condognh[/QUOTE]

Just another Boston sore loser !!!!

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

sometimes being lucky is better than being good.  If the ball bounced the Pats way a couple times - things could have been different. BUT we can't say the Pats didn't have their chances eventhough, they couldnt pounce on one of those fumbles!  The Pats OFFENSE had the Ball - up 17-12 and couldnt' GO Up 24-12!  Then UP 17-15 and STILL couldn't get the job done in going up 24-15.  UGH....the giants had a horseshoe stuck somewhere though, there is no doubt.  But unfortunately, at the end of day, they are holding up the trophy and we are not! ugh.....going to throw up again....

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeffory. Show jeffory's posts

Luck! Giants get a safety that is never called over the middle, Welker drops the ball, Third down penalty for offside, 3 fumbles with the right bounces or penalty, and worst of all A beat up Gronk. Mayos and Wilforks worst game and we still should have won. The football God's favored the G men.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from poster71. Show poster71's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: GIANTS: LUCKIEST EVER? : Be reasonable. Even you have to admit that the Giants had tremendous luck during the postseason. I'm not saying they didn't deserve to win. Luck is a part of the game, and like you said, Giants took advantage of it. But to say that the Giants won solely on talent and great plays, well that's bull****
    Were the Giants lucky with that BS holding call, or lucky when the refs missed 2 huge pass interfernce calls?  Didn't think so.  The better team won.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

hardly.  How many times has the Giants beat the patriots since 2007?