Notice: All Boston.com forums will be retired as of May 31st, 2016 and will not be archived. Thank you for your participation in this community, and we hope you continue to enjoy other content at Boston.com.

Giants vs Patriots Game Day Thread

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Re: Giants vs Patriots Game Day Thread

In Response to Re: Giants vs Patriots Game Day Thread:
    Manning wouldn't have lost that game. 
    Posted by UD6

Porter begs to differ...  fail

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SmokingJoe. Show SmokingJoe's posts

GREEN BAY is Rex's problem, not the Patriots.  Pats are a marginal team.  They are the Chargers of the AFC East.  
    Posted by ipot

The pats are not the chargers.......  the pats are all of those colt teams who finished 13-3 on Mannings arm, but could not stop a wet paper bag, especially in January.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

A loss next week to the Jests, and count on a loss at Philly too. 11-5, and that's if they win every other game. The Jests have lose at Philly too, which they might, but have to lose two others also because theyll have the tiebreaker. Sketchy, doesn't look good. 14-2 last year huh? Looks like the "bridge year" that was supposed to come last year decided to lay back and come this year.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SmokingJoe. Show SmokingJoe's posts

I wish BB would stand up at the mic and say:

" I accept total responsibility, I drafted the players, I made the trades, I made the cuts, I planned the scheme, i coach, I motivate........

The Defense sucks and it is all my fault..... Please ROMEO, CHARLIE and Pioli come back, I AM ABSOLUTELY nothing wothout the three of you.....

By the way, Tom Bradyy, thanks for covering up my ineptitude.....

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In Response to Re: Giants vs Patriots Game Day Thread : Of course it wasn't.  The receiver was being tackled.  What would have been the result if he had been able to run to it?
    Posted by UD6

Bull. That ball could not have been caught if the receiver had a ladder. That hardly excuses the DB for not looking back at the ball, or every other bad play that was made. But that last pass? Not even close pal, no way he catches that, tackled or not.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from No-Mercy-Defence. Show No-Mercy-Defence's posts

I never believe even what fans say about the pats being the best, when was the last time they won a playoff game or had a defense that can make stops when it had too...............thats right ages ago, this year and last year the year before this team will never go back to the superbowl. This team is just dissapointing on all angles expecially the coaching I really hope Kraft grow's a pair and demands bill get a defensive coach and fire a few others in the process starting with sergio brown.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Next comes the TB conference where he says:

1.  The Giants are a good team

2.  We just never could get into synch

3.  We need to work harder

4.  I am deathly afraid of good defenses and I hope no one notices how I am really a choke artist (never mind he won't say that)

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

The good news is you've guys are nearly to the cakewalk portion of the season.  Indy, Washington, KC, and Denver.
    Posted by UD6

Famous last words. Kinda like the Sox had those patsies at the end of their schedule? No, the REAL good news is that the Celtics are not playing, and thus can't lose.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bspikes55. Show Bspikes55's posts

Its over boys we will not play in a conference title game until 2018ish

ITS BEEN A GOOD RUN RIP- the Brady Era
    Hope Ryan Mallet is taking notes

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from hang3xc. Show hang3xc's posts

In Response to Re: Giants vs Patriots Game Day Thread : What is unbelievable is not scoring any points in the 1st half at home, the first time since 1993. 1993.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing

The Giants didn't either

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from No-Mercy-Defence. Show No-Mercy-Defence's posts

amen brother well said.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

If you took off your pats glasses you might have seen it differently. 
    Posted by UD6

True, if I owned them. Technically I'm a 49ers fan. I just happen to like NE as well. That ball was not catchable, but everybody watching that game knew the flag was coming, the officials are too scared NOT to throw it. My Patriots glasses make me repeat, for the third time, that the DB should have spotted the ball. If he had, none of this would have mattered.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from piersall. Show piersall's posts

Lots of opinions here, as is normal, and expected.  My take:  BB has been known as an excellent coach for years; time to change his rating to good+.  When you "produce" the worst pass defense in the NFL, a little accountability is in order.  No fair picking small details (eg. bad officiating call) out of a game; look at the big/consistent picture.  BTW, is that the statuatory raper on the FOX analyis team???

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Yeah, the Bengals are solid this year. My dad is a Bengals fan.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SOXN6. Show SOXN6's posts

This has to be the worst Defense I've ever seen> At this point it doesnt even look like they can even compete in the NFL. How can BB even be considered a defensive wizard AND have the WORST defense in the league. The act is OLD and wearing out. Since our near perfect season this team has been on a steady decline, lead by a coach who thinks he can do it all. When in reality hes done nothing. Hes outcoached every game. Hes surrounded himself with coordinators that arent getting it and players that cant play! I cant imagine what this offense thinks. If brady leads a late comeback and leaves at least 50 seconds on the clock THIS D will give up the game. Again a game when Obrien calls ALL pass plays and takes no time offf the clock. WAKE UP KRAFT, YOUR INVESTMENT AND PASSION IS GETTING FLUSHED DOWN THE SH/TT3R!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

I think part of the trouble here is that the young players on D that looked so promising last year have regressed rather than continued to develop as we thought. Could that be coaching? Hmmmmm....

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

This has to be the worst Defense I've ever seen /> At this point it doesnt even look like they can even compete in the NFL. How can BB even be considered a defensive wizard AND have the WORST defense in the league. The act is OLD and wearing out. Since our near perfect season this team has been on a steady decline, lead by a coach who thinks he can do it all. When in reality hes done nothing. Hes outcoached every game. Hes surrounded himself with coordinators that arent getting it and players that cant play! I cant imagine what this offense thinks. If brady leads a late comeback and leaves at least 50 seconds on the clock THIS D will give up the game. Again a game when Obrien calls ALL pass plays and takes no time offf the clock. WAKE UP KRAFT, YOUR INVESTMENT AND PASSION IS GETTING FLUSHED DOWN THE SH/TT3R!
    Posted by SOXN6

The team must not have loved poor Myra as much as they said. Dedicated this year to her? Then play like it.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

D has had it's issues, but not this week.  Anyone who saw anything but the offense as the weak link to this game just wasn't watching the game.  TB stunk to high heaven, the running game didn't impress and the receivers didn't get much of a chance to make an impression because TB couldn't get the ball to them with any consistency.  D gave sway at the end, but the "end" came alot sooner becaue of offensive ineptitude. 

Sections
Shortcuts