Giants vs Patriots Game Day Thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hang3xc. Show hang3xc's posts

Re: Giants vs Patriots Game Day Thread

In Response to Re: Giants vs Patriots Game Day Thread:
    In Response to Re: Giants vs Patriots Game Day Thread : What is unbelievable is not scoring any points in the 1st half at home, the first time since 1993. 1993.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing

The Giants didn't either

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from No-Mercy-Defence. Show No-Mercy-Defence's posts

amen brother well said.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

If you took off your pats glasses you might have seen it differently. 
    Posted by UD6

True, if I owned them. Technically I'm a 49ers fan. I just happen to like NE as well. That ball was not catchable, but everybody watching that game knew the flag was coming, the officials are too scared NOT to throw it. My Patriots glasses make me repeat, for the third time, that the DB should have spotted the ball. If he had, none of this would have mattered.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

The Bengals, thats right the Bengals, have a better record then the Pats right now.....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from piersall. Show piersall's posts

Lots of opinions here, as is normal, and expected.  My take:  BB has been known as an excellent coach for years; time to change his rating to good+.  When you "produce" the worst pass defense in the NFL, a little accountability is in order.  No fair picking small details (eg. bad officiating call) out of a game; look at the big/consistent picture.  BTW, is that the statuatory raper on the FOX analyis team???

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Yeah, the Bengals are solid this year. My dad is a Bengals fan.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SOXN6. Show SOXN6's posts

This has to be the worst Defense I've ever seen> At this point it doesnt even look like they can even compete in the NFL. How can BB even be considered a defensive wizard AND have the WORST defense in the league. The act is OLD and wearing out. Since our near perfect season this team has been on a steady decline, lead by a coach who thinks he can do it all. When in reality hes done nothing. Hes outcoached every game. Hes surrounded himself with coordinators that arent getting it and players that cant play! I cant imagine what this offense thinks. If brady leads a late comeback and leaves at least 50 seconds on the clock THIS D will give up the game. Again a game when Obrien calls ALL pass plays and takes no time offf the clock. WAKE UP KRAFT, YOUR INVESTMENT AND PASSION IS GETTING FLUSHED DOWN THE SH/TT3R!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

I think part of the trouble here is that the young players on D that looked so promising last year have regressed rather than continued to develop as we thought. Could that be coaching? Hmmmmm....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

This has to be the worst Defense I've ever seen /> At this point it doesnt even look like they can even compete in the NFL. How can BB even be considered a defensive wizard AND have the WORST defense in the league. The act is OLD and wearing out. Since our near perfect season this team has been on a steady decline, lead by a coach who thinks he can do it all. When in reality hes done nothing. Hes outcoached every game. Hes surrounded himself with coordinators that arent getting it and players that cant play! I cant imagine what this offense thinks. If brady leads a late comeback and leaves at least 50 seconds on the clock THIS D will give up the game. Again a game when Obrien calls ALL pass plays and takes no time offf the clock. WAKE UP KRAFT, YOUR INVESTMENT AND PASSION IS GETTING FLUSHED DOWN THE SH/TT3R!
    Posted by SOXN6

The team must not have loved poor Myra as much as they said. Dedicated this year to her? Then play like it.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

D has had it's issues, but not this week.  Anyone who saw anything but the offense as the weak link to this game just wasn't watching the game.  TB stunk to high heaven, the running game didn't impress and the receivers didn't get much of a chance to make an impression because TB couldn't get the ball to them with any consistency.  D gave sway at the end, but the "end" came alot sooner becaue of offensive ineptitude. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

Okay. We all agree. Ugly Loss. Everyone had a part.
    Only one get out of hail free pass- that goes to Wes Welker.
    Sign the man and move on.
    There's a whole lotta work to do.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Benkarkis. Show Benkarkis's posts

Do you mean another wasted draft pick in Jermaine Cunningham - just another second rounder down the tubes.

How about Shane Vereen?  Taylor Price? The list goes on and on and on and on.

It is unbelieveable.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

What were the posters saying in Sept? "Look at the bright side, Football season just around the corner?" Only three and a half months til pitchers and catchers report.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Benkarkis. Show Benkarkis's posts

Okay. We all agree. Ugly Loss. Everyone had a part. Only one get out of hail free pass- that goes to Wes Welker. Sign the man and move on. There's a whole lotta work to do.
    Posted by darwk

Welker should be given a 20 million dollar bonus.  OCHO CINCO gets paid twice as much. 
    Oh I forgot Leigh Bodden got the bonus.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

That's get out of JAIL free pass. Can't see straight right now.

Okay. We all agree. Ugly Loss. Everyone had a part. Only one get out of hail free pass- that goes to Wes Welker. Sign the man and move on. There's a whole lotta work to do.
    Posted by darwk

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bergzilla. Show Bergzilla's posts

Not sure what to start at. The backs seem to always be out of position. Whether it is man or zone. Occassional interceptions, but no scheme. I think we need to blitz. Makes you wonder of Rob Ryan had a lot to do with the success of the Pats D in the 01-03 teams. He has turned the cowboys d around well. It is more likely that the coordinators aren't coaching well.

Not sure where Ocho fits in either? he obviously should be out of a job. If you can't execute then you should be released.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from sam0377. Show sam0377's posts

I am sorry this is purely on play calling. I didn't see a single screen when the rush was in Brady's face. This is ridiculous to blade defense when hold on that long.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

Yep. Welker should be the highest paid recceiver in the NFL. He's earned it. He's the PATS MVP. And can we just say NO to Ocho. Debate over?

In Response to Re: Giants vs Patriots Game Day Thread : Welker should be given a 20 million dollar bonus.  OCHO CINCO gets paid twice as much.  Oh I forgot Leigh Bodden got the bonus.
    Posted by Benkarkis

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Benkarkis. Show Benkarkis's posts

Yep. Welker should be the highest paid recceiver in the NFL. He's earned it. He's the PATS MVP. And can we just say NO to Ocho. Debate over? In Response to Re: Giants vs Patriots Game Day Thread :
    Posted by darwk

Yes, the debate is over.  It's a shame because we need a damn wide receiver.  Just throw Taylor Price in there, why not. 

Time to say goodbye to Chad.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from sam0377. Show sam0377's posts

Manning wouldn't have lost that game. 
    Posted by UD6

if he had Sergio brown yes would have, even Montana. That was the stupidest play I have seen, the game was going in overtime, how dumb can you be. They teach in high school look at the ball when there is already coverage on the receiver.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In Response to Re: Giants vs Patriots Game Day Thread : Offense lost this game? Your joking right???  They score two touchdowns late, and the D cant stop them not once but TWICE.  The D lets them go down and score with 1:36 to play and thats the offense fault?  Laughable.
    Posted by Patsman3

What did the offense do In the first half? Think about it. The defense should never been in the position to hold the lead.

We left at least 17 points on the field in the first half. A missed FG and two INTs on scoring drives.

The D got burned by two PI call on them, one was questionable.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

Ocho makes Randy Moss look good.  I'm with the anyone but Ocho team.

In Response to Re: Giants vs Patriots Game Day Thread : Yes, the debate is over.  It's a shame because we need a damn wide receiver.  Just throw Taylor Price in there, why not.  Time to say goodbye to Chad.
    Posted by Benkarkis

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SOXN6. Show SOXN6's posts

In Response to Re: Giants vs Patriots Game Day Thread : Are you high? The D just held again!  What do you want!??? Our offense can;t finish a drive!
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing
    Well, I guess I'm not that high! I'm sure we both watched the end of the same game right? The D stopped what? We

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

....JETS in 1st place.....
    Posted by SmokingJoe

Looks like a few teams listened to Rex Ryan when he asked OTHER teams in the NFL to defeat the Patriots to help the Jets get to the top of the AFC East.  Well, to the Bills, Steelers and Giants, a HEARTY THANK YOU from sexy Rexy is forth coming!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

Rubbing salt in an open wound.

In Response to Re: Giants vs Patriots Game Day Thread : Looks like a few teams listened to Rex Ryan when he asked OTHER teams in the NFL to defeat the Patriots to help the Jets get to the top of the AFC East.  Well, to the Bills, Steelers and Giants, a HEARTY THANK YOU from sexy Rexy is forth coming!!
    Posted by agcsbill

Sections
Shortcuts