Giants...team of the decade?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from randomname75. Show randomname75's posts

You're right. Great insight. You rock.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rcasey28. Show rcasey28's posts

I agree with Tom Brady, the Giants have been the most consistent team throughout this last decade, hands down!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from randomname75. Show randomname75's posts

I'm just amazed that a Pats fan could be that objective. I salute you TB. Keep up the fine posts. You embody the best in all of us.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rcasey28. Show rcasey28's posts

TomBrady2008MVP is like the ultimate Patriot fan, I wish I could be more like him and not have to go to work today....or tommorow, or the next day.....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42Giants. Show 42Giants's posts

I am a Giants fan and I am shaking head trying to figure it out???
    If you watched any game prior to the playoff games in 2007, you would know....they stunk....A team that ranked 16th in offense?
    Eli had more INT's than Drew B. in NO. I heard they sent him to a Kindergarten refresher class prior to the playoffs so he could review his colors....he could then identify the players in the blue helmets........

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

I am just shocked this TB fella is not working for a pro team some where with all of his keen insight into the game of football. I really enjoy reading his posts they are just so objective and fun to read.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from txHeat. Show txHeat's posts

[Quote]TomBrady2008MVP is like the ultimate Patriot fan, I wish I could be more like him and not have to go to work today....or tommorow, or the next day.....[/Quote]

Be careful what you wish for and don't bend over for the soap in tom's presence.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SeanGar. Show SeanGar's posts

Either the Giant's or the Saint's... 50-50 call, coin-flip. When you add the Cardinals and the Lions into the equation, everything gets screwed up.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from sday4x45. Show sday4x45's posts

ha........ha...............ha...................you kill me Tom...........ha..ha!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JAR59. Show JAR59's posts

[Quote]I am a Giants fan and I am shaking head trying to figure it out???
    If you watched any game prior to the playoff games in 2007, you would know....they stunk....A team that ranked 16th in offense?
    Eli had more INT's than Drew B. in NO. I heard they sent him to a Kindergarten refresher class prior to the playoffs so he could review his colors....he could then identify the players in the blue helmets........[/Quote]

42, another Giants fan here...
    I think you're being a little tough on Eli.
    Name another QB that led his team to the playoffs in every full season as starting QB.
    He had his shaky moments but usually was good when he had to be.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from passedball. Show passedball's posts

Eli & the Giants got lucky the officials decided to take the night off. Why would you be proud of that? Eli has still to prove he's anything more than a borderline NFL QB.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Guys,

TomBradyMVP2008 is not only a troll, he's actually responding to himself. The other user names are probably just him, wishing he had some real people to converse with. The saddest part is, he's a Jets fan, not a Giants fan.

A bit schizophrenic are we, Tom?

Ignore the troll(s).

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from sday4x45. Show sday4x45's posts

TomBrady2008MVP
    Comments: 89

9/24/2008 3:57: I haven't heard one convincing argument against my point.

You really don't have one. .......a point that is.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JAR59. Show JAR59's posts

[Quote]Eli & the Giants got lucky the officials decided to take the night off. Why would you be proud of that? Eli has still to prove he's anything more than a borderline NFL QB.[/Quote]passed ball, not sure if you are responding to my post, but anyway...Are you saying that you don't consider a guy that's taken his team to the playoffs in each of his seasons as a starter, with one of those being a Super Bowl MVP performance, to be any more than a borderline NFL QB?
    Thats just a dumb statement. Seems to me it might be a reflection of a little resentment of the fact that maybe Brady and the Patriots may have peaked and are starting their natural decline, while Eli and the Giants are heading in the opposite direction.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JAR59. Show JAR59's posts

A little help here, as I'm obviously not very computer- literate. Why do some posts register on the main page and others do not?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[Quote]A little help here, as I'm obviously not very computer- literate. Why do some posts register on the main page and others do not?[/Quote]

What do you mean? Some posts start under "On The Front Burner" or something else?

If it is the OTFB issue, when you create a new discussion, there is a drop down selection to place it in one of the four topics. The default, because the drop down displays the topics in alphabetical order, is Around The NFL. Of course, the moderators have placed OTFB as the first topic.

BTW, when you create multiple entries of the same post, you can delete the extra ones. Any of your own posts you can now edit or delete. The functions are at the bottom of each post.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SeanGar. Show SeanGar's posts

[Quote]Thats just a dumb statement. Seems to me it might be a reflection of a little resentment of the fact that maybe Brady and the Patriots may have peaked and are starting their natural decline, while Eli and the Giants are heading in the opposite direction.[/Quote]

Not to say you're jumping the gun a little bit, but in the past 5 years I've seen Colt's Fans coming on this Site saying this, Steeler's Fans, Bear's Fans, Seahawk's Fans, Charger's Fans, and now, whooptey-do...Giant's Fans.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from JAR59. Show JAR59's posts

[Quote]

What do you mean? Some posts start under "On The Front Burner" or something else?

If it is the OTFB issue, when you create a new discussion, there is a drop down selection to place it in one of the four topics. The default, because the drop down displays the topics in alphabetical order, is Around The NFL. Of course, the moderators have placed OTFB as the first topic.

BTW, when you create multiple entries of the same post, you can delete the extra ones. Any of your own posts you can now edit or delete. The functions are at the bottom of each post.[/Quote]Thanks Root
    It just seemed very inconsistent the way some of my posts ended up on the "table-of contents" page and others didn't.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from JAR59. Show JAR59's posts

[Quote]

Not to say you're jumping the gun a little bit, but in the past 5 years I've seen Colt's Fans coming on this Site saying this, Steeler's Fans, Bear's Fans, Seahawk's Fans, Charger's Fans, and now, whooptey-do...Giant's Fans.[/Quote]It's entirely possible SeanGar, the teams in the NFC East are going to beat each other senseless all season. I like the Giants chances if they can stay reasonably healthy. Time will tell.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SeanGar. Show SeanGar's posts

[Quote]It's entirely possible SeanGar, the teams in the NFC East are going to beat each other senseless all season. I like the Giants chances if they can stay reasonably healthy. Time will tell.[/Quote]

Ya definately got that one right, Teams in that Division look nasty this year...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

Dude you got some serious issues man, posting and logging in as others and saying what a great guy you are. That's pretty sad you must have a miserable life.

Getting to your post the if you really want to compare Pats vs Giants to this year

Super Bowl Appearances

Pats 4
    Giants 2

Super Bowl Wins
    Pats 3
    Giants 1

AFC Championship Game appearances
    Pats 5
    Giants 2

Playoff Wins
    Pats 14
    Giants 6

Playoff Appearances
    Pats 6
    Giants 5

Division Titles
    Pats 6
    Giants 2

Wins
    Pats 91
    Giants 68

So no the Giants have to do a lot more to become the team of the decade. It will go down like the 1950's were the Lions beat the Browns 3 out of 4 NFL Championship games but the Browns are noted as the team of the 50's.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from passedball. Show passedball's posts

Re: Giants...team of the decade?

[Quote]Eli & the Giants got lucky the officials decided to take the night off. Why would you be proud of that? Eli has still to prove he's anything more than a borderline NFL QB.[/Quote]passed ball, not sure if you are responding to my post, but anyway...Are you saying that you don't consider a guy that's taken his team to the playoffs in each of his seasons as a starter, with one of those being a Super Bowl MVP performance, to be any more than a borderline NFL QB? Thats just a dumb statement. Seems to me it might be a reflection of a little resentment of the fact that maybe Brady and the Patriots may have peaked and are starting their natural decline, while Eli and the Giants are heading in the opposite direction.
    Posted by JAR59

I mean what I say based on facts. What happened to Eli w/o help from the officials in this years playoffs? He sucked. That's what. Do you now see why I made the statement. He's still a marginal NFL QB. He proved that to everyone. He'll the Patriots ex-#2 QB is a hell of a lot better.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking111. Show Harleyroadking111's posts

TB2008, sorry slick the San Francisco Giants ain't won nothing this decade.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from joe81b. Show joe81b's posts

They won the reputation of "that team that has Barry Bonds"

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Norger. Show Norger's posts

We can fight it all we want but the public opinion supports this.
    Posted by TomBrady2008MVP

You won me over too, dude.  You totally rock.  Keep 'em coming.

Sections
Shortcuts