Giants...team of the decade?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ricky1554atl. Show ricky1554atl's posts

Re: Giants...team of the decade?

tombrady2008mvp

Are you going to be like the Bears fan who posts here and only has 1 game back in 1985 to hang his hat on?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kmaxx. Show Kmaxx's posts

Wow this TB2008MVP is smartest person on this Board.  That is a Brilliant observation.  Thanks for the insight.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fargo. Show Fargo's posts

[QUOTE]I haven't heard one convincing argument against my point.
    Posted by TomBrady2008MVP[/QUOTE]

That's 'cause we all agree, bunky.  You're wicked smart and we're all just in awe. 
    Rock on, dude.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sday4x45. Show sday4x45's posts

I second that thought Fargo.....we're in the presence of greatness....lol

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2009. Show Evil2009's posts

[QUOTE]We can fight it all we want but the public opinion supports this.

There is no 'we' little bugboy. How many times have you attempted to pull this phony fan krap? You do it on the Sox site as well. Nobody believes you and no one ever will.

PS Have you given up on your Jets already?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

[QUOTE]If they win another SB title this year or next year I think you have to give it to them. They will have appeared in 3 SB's and will have 2 legit SB titles. No other team can boast that.

Ok, you want an opposing arguement...

Pats already have 4 Super Bowl appearances this decade with 3 wins and 1 loss.
    Legitimate or not, which all 3 are, is still better than 2.

Pats have a Win-Loss record of 102-42 compared to NY's 80-64 (this is the 2000 season to present).

The last season that the Pats had a losing record was in 2000 when they went 5-11...the Gaints have 4 seasons where they were at or below .500 (7-9 in 2001, 4-12 in 2003, 6-10 in 2004, 8-8 in 2006).

Are you a Giants fan?  Because the user id of Tombrady2008mvp is a dig at Tom Brady being hurt in the 2008 season.

If you want a closer discussion about what other team is close to the Pats as being a team of the decade, lets talk Steelers.....other than that...the Giants are on the second tier.  No offense to the other Giants fan poster on this thread.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

[QUOTE][Quote]Eli & the Giants got lucky the officials decided to take the night off. Why would you be proud of that? Eli has still to prove he's anything more than a borderline NFL QB.[/Quote]passed ball, not sure if you are responding to my post, but anyway...Are you saying that you don't consider a guy that's taken his team to the playoffs in each of his seasons as a starter, with one of those being a Super Bowl MVP performance, to be any more than a borderline NFL QB? Thats just a dumb statement. Seems to me it might be a reflection of a little resentment of the fact that maybe Brady and the Patriots may have peaked and are starting their natural decline, while Eli and the Giants are heading in the opposite direction.
    Posted by JAR59[/QUOTE]

You have got to be joking!  LOL!  That is the funniest thing that I have read in a long time....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

[QUOTE][Quote] Not to say you're jumping the gun a little bit, but in the past 5 years I've seen Colt's Fans coming on this Site saying this, Steeler's Fans, Bear's Fans, Seahawk's Fans, Charger's Fans, and now, whooptey-do...Giant's Fans. [/Quote] It's entirely possible SeanGar, the teams in the NFC East are going to beat each other senseless all season. I like the Giants chances if they can stay reasonably healthy. Time will tell.
    Posted by JAR59[/QUOTE]

Giants need WR's.....badly.....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedsGhost. Show RedsGhost's posts

We haven't heard one convincing arguement FOR your point either. Personally I think Detriot should be in the discussion as I haven't heard one convincing arguement against that point either.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2009. Show Evil2009's posts

[QUOTE]We haven't heard one convincing arguement FOR your point either. Personally I think Detriot should be in the discussion as I haven't heard one convincing arguement against that point either.
    Posted by RedsGhost[/QUOTE]

The mistake being made here is in thinking that the bug is in need of being convinced of something. Sad little boys like him don't post this garbage to debate he posts it in a childish attempt to anger people because it makes him feel manly while still being safe on the net. Like any annoying bug the simple solution is to step on him

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Roast1999. Show Roast1999's posts

Pretty funny because I actually just read an article this morning on Yahoo.com listing the Giants as a playoff team from last year likely to miss the postseason this year.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

[QUOTE]If they win another SB title this year or next year I think you have to give it to them. They will have appeared in 3 SB's and will have 2 legit SB titles. No other team can boast that.

First off, before they won the SB they had not done a thing.  They fell short of going last year.  Now you say what if.  When was their 2nd apperance?  2001 was some time ago.  New England has won three since then so I don't know where you're going with this.

To respond to your question directly I would have to say no.  They failed in 2001 and won two recently.  The Pats failed once and won three times.  Pats win again.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

What decade are you talking about? If you are starting from 2001, then I have no clue how the Giants are your choice for team of the decade when the Pats won three SB's and had an undefeated season up to the fourth SB. I can only think you were trying to start some Sh!@# .

Go Pats!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninpa420. Show patsfaninpa420's posts

[QUOTE]Pretty funny because I actually just read an article this morning on Yahoo.com listing the Giants as a playoff team from last year likely to miss the postseason this year.
    Posted by Roast1999[/QUOTE]

Well that would be sweet, then they could fade away into obscurity like the rest of the one hit wonders this decade.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Say what you want about Blue New Jersey, but the team that derailed the Patriots on their way to immomrtality is not likely to "fade away into obscurity."

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2009. Show Evil2009's posts

[QUOTE]Say what you want about Blue New Jersey, but the team that derailed the Patriots on their way to immomrtality is not likely to "fade away into obscurity."
    Posted by prairiemike[/QUOTE]

With a lot of help from the refs. Lets be real here the Giants have a great defense but the man behind that defense is gone isn't he?

You'll never convince me that Eli is a championship quality QB

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninpa420. Show patsfaninpa420's posts

[QUOTE]Say what you want about Blue New Jersey, but the team that derailed the Patriots on their way to immomrtality is not likely to "fade away into obscurity."
    Posted by prairiemike[/QUOTE]

But in a sense they will only because they will always have to be mentioned with the Patriots and not on their own.  Check this out 25 years from now go and ask people what happened in Feb 2008 and see how many people bring up SB 42 without having to really think about it. Then go ask others who was the "team of the decade" in the early 2000's, and see how quickly that get answered. I'm willing to bet question 2 wins out, but if i'm wrong feel free to call me out on it.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

You know, that's an interesting point, pa

Somebody wins the Super Bowl every year, but only one team ever crushed an undefeated season in the Super Bowl, so in 25 years, people will probably have to look up who won the Super Bowl in 2008, but are more likely to simply remember who stopped the Pats' run to perfection.

I would be interested in Blue New Jersey fan's take on this.