Gillette kinds sucks?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re: Gillette kinds sucks?

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I will have to re read Wilburs piece, but is the premise he is attempting to make that Gillette sucks because of the Foxboro/Boston/traffic/hotels situation for a SB venue? Is he saying the stadium itself is a POShat? 

[/QUOTE]

"The stadium though? It kinda sucks."

Kinda sounds like he is talking about the stadium.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

[QUOTE]

I will have to re read Wilburs piece, but is the premise he is attempting to make that Gillette sucks because of the Foxboro/Boston/traffic/hotels situation for a SB venue? Is he saying the stadium itself is a POShat? 

[/QUOTE]

Could there be some "stadium" envy?  The writer wishes The Razor was like Seattle's in which the crowd noise is amplified to make it seem louder?  Without that design one wonders just how louds Seatte's crowd really is.  Like comparing two people in which one has a megaphone and you think the one without one is just not louder not realizing the other has an advantage.

I've heard the crowd noise in the Razor really does not sound loud due to stadium design, it all goes "up in the air" so as to speak.  When you look at other, louder stadiums, you can see the different design of the "shell" that surrounds the crowd and drives the noise into the bowl.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I have been to Metlife and it is really nice. I have not been to Heinz. I cant say that Gillette is bad compared to Metlife. 

Gillette has a great field/turf, great sight lines, comfortable seats. I dont eat much at the stadium, but many, many do and the food actually looks good. similar food in the press area during the week and it is very good. 

Ticket and parking prices suck at all stadiums

Getting in and out of the stadium area sucks (more a Foxboro thing than Gillete thing)

Transportation sucks

The shopping mall is a nice afternoon before a night game. NOt many stadiums offer that. Or a drink after an afternoon game.

I dont often tail gate, so hard for me to comment

I dont stay in area hotels

Cold/weather games suck everywhere, not only here

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

rkarp..  I have heard the "atmosphere" around the stadium is fantastic for the attendees.  As I noted earlier, the one complaint I hear a lot, other than the obligatory traffic issues, is the crwon is not loud.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:

In response to TrueChamp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

On tv it seems as if the fans never really get into the game at Gillette.  Must be the way it is built.  It doesn't seem the tean gets that home feel advantage crowd other teams get.  Seems like the crowd just isnt as passionate as othe crowds, imo.  That's how it comes across on tv, might be totally different live. 

We have the best home record in the league since we started playing in Gillette.

[/QUOTE]

also have a great HC and QB. we win alot anyways idk if the noise has too much to do with it or just BB gets more time to prep instead of travel

[/QUOTE]

So do the saints, steelers, giants, packers, and colts for the last 10 years, and that same HC and QB lost a lot of road games in 09,10, and 11.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from OutofTownPATS Fan. Show OutofTownPATS Fan's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to OutofTownPATS Fan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Metlife stadium doesnt kinda su  cks, it does. no character at all. just a billion dollar seating arrangement in the middle of a parking lot surounded by swamps.

Heinz field is kinda cool. few bars around the parking lots

[/QUOTE]

MetLife is an awesome Stadium.  Best in the NFL.  4 huge jumbotrons (one in each corner). The Stadium Club section is the best with a huge selection of Food and bars, no need to go out to your seats.  Great seating and plenty of top rate concessions throughout the venue.  You obviously had never been to NJ.  

Not to mention the easy access to the Stadium, being surrounded by 3 major roadways (NJ turnpike, Rt3 and Rt17)

wh1_5552-resize.jpg (1024×681)

[/QUOTE]

actually quite the opposite. been to the old and new several times. Pats / jests. Pats / gints. College football, concerts.

i just dont think for a billion dollars the stadium has that wow factor. I agree with you on the traffic getting in and out. Jumbotrons, I dont care about. When i go to a stadium i watch the field. I dont care to see some fool dance to YMCA during tv timeout.

Look at Schaefer, Sullivan, Foxboro stadium and when they took down those bleachers and put up the Razor it had that wow factor, thats what I am saying.

Metlife is exactly like the old Gints stadium, I thought there was nothing wrong with that one,  just cleaned up with some new draperies.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

On tv it seems as if the fans never really get into the game at Gillette.  Must be the way it is built.  It doesn't seem the tean gets that home feel advantage crowd other teams get.  Seems like the crowd just isnt as passionate as othe crowds, imo.  That's how it comes across on tv, might be totally different live. 

[/QUOTE]

We have the best home record in the league since we started playing in Gillette.

[/QUOTE]

I understand that, but I really don't think it is because of the energy the Home team fans provide.  They seem pretty mello on tv.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RushThePillPopper. Show RushThePillPopper's posts

In response to DeadAhead2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I understand that, but I really don't think it is because of the energy the Home team fans provide.  They seem pretty mello on tv.

[/QUOTE]

It's an embarrassmet. It's the pink hats and Johnny Come Latelys. You should know all about that. lol

[/QUOTE]

3. The red seats needd to be fixed. Sell those are regular seats, price them accordingly and the suit tickets are indoors ONLY.   I don't know if they can fix that structurally or not, but if they can find a way to seperate the losers in those suites for the real fans who would like access to those seats, they need to do that.

That section is an embarrassment. 

Like those "loser NY yuppies" you mention above. In this case....Bostoners being Bostoners

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I still would like to see a hockey game there.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I still would like to see a hockey game there.

[/QUOTE]

Supposedly that is being discussed.

http://www.csnne.com/blog/bruins-talk/bruins-gillette-stadium-eyed-outdoor-game

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Welker47. Show Brady2Welker47's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The SB should be in warm weather cities, period. Miami, Tampa, LA, SD, New Orleans and if you want to get crazy, Vegas or maybe Orlando. It doesn't have to be in a city that has a team, does it?

I agree with the writer that Foxborough is not a proper venue. Not because of the stadium though. The stadiums (stadia?) in Miami, Tampa and SD are no better (but the weather sure is). They can dress up any stadium for a week.

[/QUOTE]

Why should it be? BC you think so! Please cold weather is part of a purist football point of view ...either in Gillette or elsewhere.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It's an embarrassmet. It's the pink hats and Johnny Come Latelys. You should know all about that. lol

[/QUOTE]

The red seats needd to be fixed. Sell those are regular seats, price them accordingly and the suit tickets are indoors ONLY.

When you build your own stadium with your own money you can give up the income from the club seats

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RushThePillPopper. Show RushThePillPopper's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to RushThePillPopper's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

3. The red seats needd to be fixed. Sell those are regular seats, price them accordingly and the suit tickets are indoors ONLY.   I don't know if they can fix that structurally or not, but if they can find a way to seperate the losers in those suites for the real fans who would like access to those seats, they need to do that.

That section is an embarrassment. 

Like those "loser NY yuppies" you mention above. In this case....Bostoners being Bostoners

[/QUOTE]

Sounds great, Rico/Bustchise.

lmao

[/QUOTE]

the tool of the board doesn't know wt f he's talking about. I'll patiently wait while his little biotch SmellyWitt comes in with his unimaginative, repetitive and always-childish little picture/caption

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to Brady2Welker47's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

The SB should be in warm weather cities, period. Miami, Tampa, LA, SD, New Orleans and if you want to get crazy, Vegas or maybe Orlando. It doesn't have to be in a city that has a team, does it?

I agree with the writer that Foxborough is not a proper venue. Not because of the stadium though. The stadiums (stadia?) in Miami, Tampa and SD are no better (but the weather sure is). They can dress up any stadium for a week.

[/QUOTE]

Why should it be? BC you think so! Please cold weather is part of a purist football point of view ...either in Gillette or elsewhere.

[/QUOTE]

Quoting what I posted earlier in this thread:

. . . . . I happen to believe that SBs also belong in either warm weather cities or domes.   Why?  IMO, the SB should be a showcase for the best football that the surviving teams can play and that can best be played in an environment where the climate is moderate to begin with or controlled indoors.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

The stadium is OK as far as these things go. It is nothing special nor horrible... except that they do a horrible job with traffic STILL. 3  walking bridges over Rt 1 would go a long way to help this but they have not done it.

Personally I hate the PA systems in all the stadiums. I dont want the constant 15 seconds of some loud piece of music every time there is a chance to fill silence. ANd I hate the frequent PA commercials. I do understand why they do this ... I just dont like it at all. I am there to see the game.

Also, having one end opened helps keep the crowd noise level lower. And if you look at Seattle's stadium, the higher levels help keep sound in. SO design is likely as much a factor as any 12th player!

In the end, the best place I ever saw the Pats play was Harvard Stadium! ANd I have seen them play in every stadium they have been in.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

In response to portfolio1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The stadium is OK as far as these things go. It is nothing special nor horrible... except that they do a horrible job with traffic STILL. 3  walking bridges over Rt 1 would go a long way to help this but they have not done it.

Personally I hate the PA systems in all the stadiums. I dont want the constant 15 seconds of some loud piece of music every time there is a chance to fill silence. ANd I hate the frequent PA commercials. I do understand why they do this ... I just dont like it at all. I am there to see the game.

Also, having one end opened helps keep the crowd noise level lower. And if you look at Seattle's stadium, the higher levels help keep sound in. SO design is likely as much a factor as any 12th player!

In the end, the best place I ever saw the Pats play was Harvard Stadium! ANd I have seen them play in every stadium they have been in.

[/QUOTE]

You saw them play at Nickerson Field?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Wasn't the opening at the end of the stadium done at the request of the original sponsor of the the stadium? They actually went out of business before the stadium even opened? I can't remember their name but I recall the opening and the tower?? were for them??

[/QUOTE]

LOL... it was originally CMGI stadium. They actually had road signs on RTES 95 and 495 with with CMGI on them that had to be changed.

[/QUOTE]

And the lighthouse was a symbol of the company that never meant anything to Gillette yes?

[/QUOTE]

That i'm not sure. I thought the lighthouse was supposed to symbolize the NE  sea coast but i could be wrong.

[/QUOTE]

That's what Kraft said when it was built and also what the Gillette web site says.  Personally, though, I've always guessed the architect was thinking of the steeple of the Old North Church (one if by land, two if by sea) and the North Bridge in Lexington (shot heard round the world). I mean what better symbols to represent all New England Patriots! 

And both are in the north endzone . . 

This seems so obvious to me, I wonder why they came up with the whole seacoast thing as an explanation.  Were they worried that people might be offended by them appropriating those national symbols as their own? 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Super Bowl should be played where its warm. It's a week or 2 week party for the fans. Why would you want to be where it's cold for a week or 2 and spend all that coin?  Next thing they will want to have it in Europe. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

And then there are those fans who live in Carolina and won't even go support the team when the Pats are there to play.  What a fraud you are!  Won't even go support the team when they are in your backyard playing. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Brady2Welker47's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Quoting what I posted earlier in this thread:

. . . . . I happen to believe that SBs also belong in either warm weather cities or domes.   Why?  IMO, the SB should be a showcase for the best football that the surviving teams can play and that can best be played in an environment where the climate is moderate to begin with or controlled indoors.

[/QUOTE]

No, no, that's nice but it's not that. It's because I think so. He was right...can't get one past ol' Brady2Welker47.

25. This post has been removed.