Gimme a Break already!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

Gimme a Break already!

Ok so the NFL season is going into week 8 and we already starting to hear the nonsense around the league.

First let me start with Jerry Jones.  Now I live in San Antonio, so I get alot of Dallas Cowboys talk all over the place. 

So im listening to the radio yesterday and Jerry Jones is talking about how the Cowboys are looking like the Giants of 2007.  Gimme a break already...dont you think you would wait until you win the NFC before you can make those kind of statements.  I mean at least win a playoff game.  SMH...and this is their leadership.  Its no wonder they havent won a playoff game since 1996.

Second is Reggie Bush.  I'm watching Sportscenter and they have a clip of him on local radio in NO talking about going undefeated.  Gimme a break.  Its only week 8.  There is still a half of season left (do you believe that...time flies) and alot of football left. 

Now I am not saying any of these things CANT happen, Im just saying, isnt it a little premature to make these kind of predictions.  These are coming from teams that havent done anything in a VERY long time.

Also, Seymour saying the Raiders WILL make the playoffs.  But that doesnt even count.

Anyways

Thats why Im happy to be a PATS fan.  Even though they never won the Super Bowl in 2007, they did go undefeated in the regular season and never bragged or boasted about it.  Whenever the question was brought up, the answer was..."I'm not thinking about that.  Im thinking about our next opponent." Even though you have to believe that they were thinking and believing that they can go undefeated.

I know what they say dont matter and what they do on the field is what counts, but the globe provided this section for pats fans to communicate with each other and I just wanted to do a little venting with my peers.

Thanks

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from angel3781. Show angel3781's posts

Re: Gimme a Break already!

The other thing to keep in mind when the Saints start talking about going undefeated just because they happen to be 6-0, is the fact that with the exception of Philly & NY Giants, those other teams that they beat up on are either bad teams or have rookie QB's. 

Not to be a homer or anything, but I'd think that they'd atleast wait until they play/beat us before talking about a possible undefeated season; seeing how they play us in week 12.  At that point the season would be 75% over and they'd have to have beaten a pretty damn good Falcons team (not once, but twice) in addition to beating the Pats with a relatively weak schedule remaining after that.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

Yeah thats a good point...even though they appear to be better than the falcons, Atlanta is still one of thier division rivals.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTLadyluvsPats. Show CTLadyluvsPats's posts

In Response to Gimme a Break already!:
    [QUOTE]Ok so the NFL season is going into week 8 and we already starting to hear the nonsense around the league. First let me start with Jerry Jones.  Now I live in San Antonio, so I get alot of Dallas Cowboys talk all over the place.  So im listening to the radio yesterday and Jerry Jones is talking about how the Cowboys are looking like the Giants of 2007.  Gimme a break already...dont you think you would wait until you win the NFC before you can make those kind of statements.  I mean at least win a playoff game.  SMH...and this is their leadership.  Its no wonder they havent won a playoff game since 1996. Second is Reggie Bush.  I'm watching Sportscenter and they have a clip of him on local radio in NO talking about going undefeated.  Gimme a break.  Its only week 8.  There is still a half of season left (do you believe that...time flies) and alot of football left.  Now I am not saying any of these things CANT happen, Im just saying, isnt it a little premature to make these kind of predictions.  These are coming from teams that havent done anything in a VERY long time. Also, Seymour saying the Raiders WILL make the playoffs.  But that doesnt even count. Anyways Thats why Im happy to be a PATS fan.  Even though they never won the Super Bowl in 2007, they did go undefeated in the regular season and never bragged or boasted about it.  Whenever the question was brought up, the answer was..."I'm not thinking about that.  Im thinking about our next opponent." Even though you have to believe that they were thinking and believing that they can go undefeated. I know what they say dont matter and what they do on the field is what counts, but the globe provided this section for pats fans to communicate with each other and I just wanted to do a little venting with my peers. Thanks
    Posted by patsfaninsatx[/QUOTE]

Nobody likes to blow their own horn more [and louder] than Jerry Jones. Beyond that, he's always running his mouth about what a great team he has every year...blah, blah, blah, blah. We all know how that typically pans out don't we? lol

I guess he feels extra obligated to hype his team now, after building that ridiculous monstrosity of a stadium. lol He even has the audacity to compare it to The Coliseum in ancient Rome! Yeah, sure Jerry...it's just like that. *eyes rolling* What an arrogant *ss. Gawd, I hate that guy. lol

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

In Response to Re: Gimme a Break already!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Gimme a Break already! : Nobody likes to blow their own horn more [and louder] than Jerry Jones. Beyond that, he's always running his mouth about what a great team he has every year...blah, blah, blah, blah. We all know how that typically pans out don't we? lol  I guess he feels extra obligated to hype his team now, after building that ridiculous monstrosity of a stadium. lol He even has the audacity to compare it to The Coliseum in ancient Rome! Yeah, sure Jerry...it's just like that. *eyes rolling* What an arrogant *ss. Gawd, I hate that guy. lol                           
    Posted by CTLadyluvsPats[/QUOTE]

hahaha...tell me how you really feel. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Yeah, the Seymour comment in particular demonstrates that its the TEAM that tolerates no trash talking, chest thumping and antics, because Seymour never said "boo" when he was a Patriot.  Is it just me, or does anyone else think that most sportscasters are just mindless stat chanters and crowd followers?  More and more talking heads say the same dumb things, makes me cringe.  Jerry Jones is right, the new stadium is alot like the Coliseum, he sends the Cowboys out there to get killed every few weeks!  Can ANYONE point out to him and Al Davis that it's NOT about them?  Hopefully not, they keep their teams losing, which is ok for me.  I will give the Saints a pass for talking stupid.  They are the Saints, first of all, and second, the area can use something to feel good about.  But we all know what that talk leads to, and they are RIPE for a large fall.  Maybe at the hands of the quietest team in the league.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTLadyluvsPats. Show CTLadyluvsPats's posts

[QUOTE]Yeah, the Seymour comment in particular demonstrates that its the TEAM that tolerates no trash talking, chest thumping and antics, because Seymour never said "boo" when he was a Patriot.  Is it just me, or does anyone else think that most sportscasters are just mindless stat chanters and crowd followers?  More and more talking heads say the same dumb things, makes me cringe.  Jerry Jones is right, the new stadium is alot like the Coliseum, he sends the Cowboys out there to get killed every few weeks!  Can ANYONE point out to him and Al Davis that it's NOT about them?  Hopefully not, they keep their teams losing, which is ok for me.  I will give the Saints a pass for talking stupid.  They are the Saints, first of all, and second, the area can use something to feel good about.  But we all know what that talk leads to, and they are RIPE for a large fall.  Maybe at the hands of the quietest team in the league.
    Posted by Davedsone[/QUOTE]

Valid point. I stand corrected. lmao

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTLadyluvsPats. Show CTLadyluvsPats's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Gimme a Break already! : hahaha...tell me how you really feel. 
    Posted by patsfaninsatx[/QUOTE]

hee hee Sorry, was that out loud? lol

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Well . . .

that explains the mystery of satx.

Oh . . .  and barking dogs rarely bite.

This is much ado about nothing.

Win first; talk later.

Who remembers "We're only gonna score 17? Is Plax gonna play defense?"

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

[QUOTE]Well . . . that explains the mystery of satx. Oh . . .  and barking dogs rarely bite. This is much ado about nothing. Win first; talk later. Who remembers "We're only gonna score 17? Is Plax gonna play defense?"
    Posted by prairiemike[/QUOTE]

yeah I live in san antonio but im from springfield...I just migrated here a few years ago.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

I've noticed that most people who have a microphone in front of them don't know what they're talking about. They seem to think that the mere presence of a microphone automatically validates their remarks. Athletes, owners, politicians, religious leaders, economists, talk show hosts, journalists and various "celebrities". However, what they say is analyzed and dissected by the remaining know-nothings...the experts. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

And as for Reggie Bush...try to forgive him...he's probably tired from having to touch the ball 3 times a game.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Who remembers "We're only gonna score 17? Is Plax gonna play defense?"

Ouch.  Thanks for bringing that up.  I cringed a bit when I heard it the first time, and it REALLY stings now. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

[QUOTE]Win first; talk later. Who remembers "We're only gonna score 17? Is Plax gonna play defense?"
    Posted by prairiemike[/QUOTE]
    Does this mean that Brady was on the trading block? 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasonh86. Show jasonh86's posts

Another thing to note about the Saints win over Philly, it was Kevin Kolb's first career start - and he was never that good to begin with, in my opinion.  So that was a bit of an easy "test". 

I think the Saints could lose this upcoming week on MNF to the Falcons; Falcons coming off the loss to the Cowboys will probably come out with an extra bit of emphasis on this game - not to have two straight losses and to beat a division rival. 

However, the Saints will not finish undefeated.  They will lose at least 3 games.

Sections
Shortcuts