gimme a break with the special teams argument!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

gimme a break with the special teams argument!

It seems that everytime someone defends this pick, they bring up that he is a top 5 db in a very weak draft for CB's and he is a great special teams guy.  Excuse me if I missed something....arent NE's 20picks in the 7th round used to find special team players?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ItsPat. Show ItsPat's posts

Re: gimme a break with the special teams argument!

In Response to gimme a break with the special teams argument!:
    LOL, can't you come up with your own opinion of this kid?  So the talking heads say he is a great special teams player and you run with it.  These talking heads are never wrong correct?  Like, why did the Pats take Mayo, we had him as a last 1st or 2nd round pick.  Or, who the heck is this kid Vollmer, he wasn't even on my list of players to be drafted?

Why is it that the second rated CB by some people's rankings was a bad choice but the Jets and NO picking CBs right after the Pats was a good move for those teams?

You should learn to think for yourself.  Problem is most people let others tell them how to think and what is right and wrong.  Sorry, but CB was a need, this kid can play and I think it was a good pick.  Not a flashy pick, but a good pick. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

In Response to Re: gimme a break with the special teams argument!:

In Response to gimme a break with the special teams argument! : LOL, can't you come up with your own opinion of this kid?  So the talking heads say he is a great special teams player and you run with it.  These talking heads are never wrong correct?  Like, why did the Pats take Mayo, we had him as a last 1st or 2nd round pick.  Or, who the heck is this kid Vollmer, he wasn't even on my list of players to be drafted? Why is it that the second rated CB by some people's rankings was a bad choice but the Jets and NO picking CBs right after the Pats was a good move for those teams? You should learn to think for yourself.  Problem is most people let others tell them how to think and what is right and wrong.  Sorry, but CB was a need, this kid can play and I think it was a good pick.  Not a flashy pick, but a good pick. 
    Posted by ItsPat

If you read my post correctly I never mentioned anyting about the jets or the saints so get your facts straight.  Secondly, if you bothered to check his scouting report you would see that his special team play is highlighted. 

What your problem is PAT, is that you think BB can do no wrong.  You are an apologist and will think that every decision NE makes is a great one.  All my post is saying is that, dont tell me how great of a special teams player this kid is.  If he was drafted in the first round then he needs to be more than a special teams guy.  Oh yeah, didnt we draft our special teams guy last year....Brandon Tate.

Come on bro, you got to come better than that.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBobBlowhard. Show BostonBobBlowhard's posts

In Response to Re: gimme a break with the special teams argument!:Bravo!!! I cannot believe so many people make so much money to talk down to us as "experts" in NFL Medialand. The only issue I have with this pick is that I really like Wilson, not that the Pats drafted a very good CB prospect. And away from the Pats....how many of you love seeing the guy Gruden compared to Ryan Leaf....Claussen....dropping like a rock in the lake?

In Response to gimme a break with the special teams argument! : LOL, can't you come up with your own opinion of this kid?  So the talking heads say he is a great special teams player and you run with it.  These talking heads are never wrong correct?  Like, why did the Pats take Mayo, we had him as a last 1st or 2nd round pick.  Or, who the heck is this kid Vollmer, he wasn't even on my list of players to be drafted? Why is it that the second rated CB by some people's rankings was a bad choice but the Jets and NO picking CBs right after the Pats was a good move for those teams? You should learn to think for yourself.  Problem is most people let others tell them how to think and what is right and wrong.  Sorry, but CB was a need, this kid can play and I think it was a good pick.  Not a flashy pick, but a good pick. 
    Posted by ItsPat

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ItsPat. Show ItsPat's posts

First, I never said BB can do no wrong.  He's done many things wrong.  No one is perfect.

McCourty's special teams skills are highlighted but so is his speed, athletic ability ability to turn and run, run support qualities, leaping ability, instincts, durability and his production on the field.  Oh yeah, he's also a great special teams guy.  His downside is only 4 interceptions which some question his ball skills.  Sort of like Samuel.  Couldn't catch a cold. 

I didn't say you mentioned the Jets and NO.  The talking heads praised both teams for picking a CB right after the Pats but questioned the Pats picking a CB?  My point was the talking heads are not perfect.  My point is that no one really knows a good draft on draft day.  My point was this is not a disaster like you are making it out to be and this kid isn't just a special teams player.  He's just as solid a CB prospect as the two CBs picked righ after him and he does fill a need on this team. 

You make it seem like a disaster when we really don't know at this point.  I can understand disappointment but you take it a bit further then that.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

I never said it was a disaster pick...Like you I was high on this guy coming into the draft, but being that NE has been constantly drafting DB's high for the past several years and the need for a pass rusher its so obvious this pick becomes disappointing.  If NE would have traded up in the second to grab this guy I would have no issues, but they passed on A) Pass Rushers B) Wide Recievers C) OLinemen.

My vent was that all that people seem to highlight is his special teams play, not his CB play.  And I dont want to hear about how good of a ST he is, tell me how good of a CB he is. 

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffectredux. Show mosseffectredux's posts

mayo was a top ten pick,and McCourty isnt even projected to be a starter.

Sections
Shortcuts