Give it up for Curtis Martin

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Moss07. Show Brady2Moss07's posts

Give it up for Curtis Martin

Curtis was one of my favorite Patriots for the short time he was here. It killed me to see him go. I just think he is a good man. Somebody I would want as a friend. His life could have gone another direction, but he found a way to do good things. A smart, strong runner who was amazingly consistent. Can't wait to see his well deserved 1st ballot induction tomorrow!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Re: Give it up for Curtis Martin

F him

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

F him

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

He was an excellent player, but he was a Jet--and a Jet by choice.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking12. Show harleyroadking12's posts

F him the ringless traitor 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mar10. Show mar10's posts

One of my favorite NFL players of all time.  He so deserves HOF nomination!

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lefty49. Show Lefty49's posts

Ya, what Harley said....ditto.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I saw him play in his first pre season game against the Lions - there had been all this hype about how he looked in camp, etc. Parcells gave him the ball 7, maybe 8 straight times. I remember those runs well...up the gut for 7 yards...up the gut for 10...around the edge for 12...up the gut..up the gut...by the time he was done I swear to god I almost fell off the back of the old  stadium. I really couldn't believe my eyes - here was this guy slashing, running with power, speed...unbelievable.

I was pissed when he left to be with Parcells, but the good news is we won all those Super Bowls and he never won a thing (neither did Parcells). I still appreciate him as a runner though.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from fatsam72. Show fatsam72's posts

Much much love for Curtis. Hurt like hell when he left, but parcells engineered that to make it nearly impossible to stay. F him? Seriously? Weak.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BDCMAJ. Show BDCMAJ's posts

The guy gets screwed for years under his rookie contract. Plays at an All Pro/ HOF level while getting paid as a 3rd or fourth round draft choice. Never held out for what he deserved. Never even said a word about his unfair contract. The Pats never rewarded him and then drug their feet when he became a free agent. Signing Ted Johnson to a multiyear deal first. The Pats used and abused him. And that means nothing to you people? All you can say is "F Curtis Martin"? You want to whine because he went somewhere and got paid? Like he owes you people something?

Nevermind the fact that he was one of the classiest guys to ever play for the Pats and probably the most talented. Talk about rooting for laundry. I'm betting some of you same people have no problem rooting for a P.O.S like Stallworth as long as he's wearing a Pats uniform.

If all you are rooting for is the jersey, what's the point?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

Mixed emotions.  Great talent, no doubt.  I figure if BB had been the coach/GM when Martin was a free agent he wouldn't have left.
    This is part of the undervalued aspect of BB the GM.  He would not have been handcuffed and blindsided the way the Pats were in '97.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

F him. He left of his own choice to follow Tuna. He was Jet

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In Response to Re: Give it up for Curtis Martin:
    [QUOTE]The guy gets screwed for years under his rookie contract.
    Posted by BDCMAJ[/QUOTE]

He got screwed? They didn't pay him what he agreed to?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from part-timer. Show part-timer's posts

[QUOTE]F him and Parcells..............they can both kiss BB's rings. Bostons Biggest Traitors Benedict Arnold Bill Parcells Curtis Martin
    Posted by leatherhelmet[/QUOTE]

spot on.........and fcuk the poison pill.......

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]martin was my favorite patriot while he was here. so mad he left. met him at aventura mall after his last season, really really nice guy.
    Posted by ricky12684[/QUOTE]

If he was that nice, he would have stayed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BDCMAJ. Show BDCMAJ's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Give it up for Curtis Martin : He got screwed? They didn't pay him what he agreed to?
    Posted by BabeParilli[/QUOTE]

Are you serious? You like to argue don't you?

Yes he got screwed, with a capital S. All Pro running backs don't play for 300k a year. The Pats took advantage of him. That's not even remotely debateable. If he had been a bust they would have cut him in a nanosecond.

Just because you are within your legal rights to do something doesn't make it morally just.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Moss07. Show Brady2Moss07's posts

Grow up little girls.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats_fan_2012. Show pats_fan_2012's posts

He went to the Jests....so let me see...ummmmm.....yeah

F him

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

[QUOTE]F him
    Posted by tcal2-[/QUOTE]

DITTO!!!!! 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

[QUOTE]I saw him play in his first pre season game against the Lions - there had been all this hype about how he looked in camp, etc. Parcells gave him the ball 7, maybe 8 straight times. I remember those runs well...up the gut for 7 yards...up the gut for 10...around the edge for 12...up the gut..up the gut...by the time he was done I swear to god I almost fell off the back of the old  stadium. I really couldn't believe my eyes - here was this guy slashing, running with power, speed...unbelievable. I was pissed when he left to be with Parcells, but the good news is we won all those Super Bowls and he never won a thing (neither did Parcells). I still appreciate him as a runner though.
    Posted by mthurl[/QUOTE]

I didn't know you had it in you to love a runner buddy lol?

I don't have any anger about Parcell's taking Martin with him, frankly I think we got the better of that deal when BB refused to coach the Jest's.

Martin was a good north/south runner with shifty hips, patience and a burst. 

I'd like to see some of that I-formation right about now, with Ridely and Bolden lowering their shoulder for 6 yard clips, Vereen and Woody used to convert third downs into first downs like Kevin Faulk did before them.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Give it up for Curtis Martin : Are you serious? You like to argue don't you? Yes he got screwed, with a capital S. All Pro running backs don't play for 300k a year. The Pats took advantage of him. That's not even remotely debateable. If he had been a bust they would have cut him in a nanosecond. Just because you are within your legal rights to do something doesn't make it morally just.
    Posted by BDCMAJ[/QUOTE]

I'll argue if necessary. There are plenty of people commenting here I have no argument with whatsoever. F him. I like the truth.

He signed a contract. He got paid what was agreed to. TFB if he played over that level. That's why he can get it in the next contract. I'm sick and tired of this one way street mentality where the team must pay if they overplay their contract, but the player keeps the cash if they suck. It's a two way street.

If a player gets cut they keep the guaranteed money. That's the deal. Thankfully the NFL isn't like that fiasco major leage baseball with their ridiculous contracts.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Give it up for Curtis Martin : If he was that nice, he would have stayed.
    Posted by BabeParilli[/QUOTE]

Only nice guys play in NE and NE only signs nice guys?

How old are you? I only ask because I'd feel kinda bad shredding a 15 year old.

Sections
Shortcuts