Give James Develin some reps at TE

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

Give James Develin some reps at TE

I know his natural position is FB but he is 6'3 and a load to bring down. He got decent hands.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Re: Give James Develin some reps at TE

yep. he looked great on that pass yesterday that he had some YAC on

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

Not saying he should start but some reps in passing downs. He can block well too.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4160947. Show user_4160947's posts

Am I mistaken or did we see Solder at TE a few times last year?  He played the position as a frosh in college.  Problem is he had stone hands but maybe that can be fixed with reps.  He's huge after all and can run block too.  He might even be out of position at tackle cuz he gets swallowed up by large, good technique rushing DEs.  I've also been wondering about that big WR/TE from Rutgers (yup), Mark Harrison, but he could be on IR.  They need help and this Williams signing tells that Hooman is out awhile.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Im all for getting a few more looks. We need to spread the ball around and use all skill positions.  FB and TE have similar responsibilities in our system. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Makes sense to me. He's a player, bb and josh will find more snaps for him. He looks like he would be a natural at TE. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to genaro008's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I know his natural position is FB but he is 6'3 and a load to bring down. He got decent hands.

[/QUOTE]

i am not sure what his natural position is really. I think he is comparable to edelman in that he can play all over the place. He played DE at Brown, FB here and a multitude of positions in the arena league. He can catch, block and run. I think we should see him at TE. Heck, play him at DE too. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

I think we keep the TE's in to block now. The left side needs help from time to time. Unless one of the TE's shows bread hands , they will be extra linemen now. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHAMPSXLVIII. Show CHAMPSXLVIII's posts

Maybe we could bring Tebow in to play fullback after we move develin to tight end

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

No thanks Oprah. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to CHAMPSXLVIII's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Maybe we could bring Tebow in to play fullback after we move develin to tight end

[/QUOTE]

Actually Oprah....could I interest you in playing NT for us? Pays good and you'll get to meet Tom Brady....deal?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHAMPSXLVIII. Show CHAMPSXLVIII's posts

In response to PatsLifer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Actually Oprah....could I interest you in playing NT for us? Pays good and you'll get to meet Tom Brady....deal?

[/QUOTE]

if I play at all it will be for my hometown team the Bears

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

Who's James Develin?  And what happen to all those TE's Bill had been stocking up on?  He claimed every TE that was released last year.  And what about that budding superstar everyone was talking about this preseason.  Where is he now?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Don't forget about Matt Mulligan, a fellow Mainer.  He's the Patriots new #1 tight end. Brady will make him a household name. You heard it here first. :yeahright:

http://nesn.com/2013/12/matthew-mulligan-says-i-cant-be-rob-gronkowski-i-only-can-be-matt-mulligan-about-replacing-injured-tight-end/

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

In response to digger0862's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Don't forget about Matt Mulligan, a fellow Mainer.  He's the Patriots new #1 tight end. Brady will make him a household name. You heard it here first. :yeahright:

http://nesn.com/2013/12/matthew-mulligan-says-i-cant-be-rob-gronkowski-i-only-can-be-matt-mulligan-about-replacing-injured-tight-end/

[/QUOTE]

Can't be Gronk?  Dude couldn't be Jeff Cumberland.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to MeadowlandMike's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Who's James Develin?  And what happen to all those TE's Bill had been stocking up on?  He claimed every TE that was released last year.  And what about that budding superstar everyone was talking about this preseason.  Where is he now?

[/QUOTE]

That budding TE you ask about is on an abysmal team called the Jests. Have you heard of them? Don't feel bad if you haven't, no one has.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to MeadowlandMike's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to digger0862's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Can't be Gronk?  Dude couldn't be Jeff Cumberland.

[/QUOTE]

Who is Jeff Cuminmybuns? 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to PatsLifer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

if I play at all it will be for my hometown team the Bears

[/QUOTE]

Seriously? You could win a ring here. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

AnyAnyone know his 40 time. Loved that 4 broken tackles 2 yard TD run

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Couldn't believe when this guy took a vertical route and actually caught the ball yesterday.