Give Law Firm 20 carries and we win.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

Re: Give Law Firm 20 carries and we win.

In Response to Re: Give Law Firm 20 carries and we win.:
    Running doesn't solve all their offensive problems. That's not going to magically give them outside WR that can get seperation in man coverage giving Brady more than 2 TE's and Welker as targets. On top of that the OC is allergic to running screen passes.  What type of team gets double the production from 2 TE's then their outside receivers. It's unheard of and laughable especially when those WR are seeing a ton of man.
    Posted by tompenny

A running game gives you play action and play action gives you seperation. 

You make the point yourself, the Pats don't necessarily have elite weapons in the passing game, so isn't that all the more reason to establish a running game? 

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In Response to Re: Give Law Firm 20 carries and we win. : But they didn't ruin our plans of running the ball.....we did. BJGE was gashing the defense as he has most of this year. We just stopped using him and went spread with Woody in the back field. Only a poster with an agenda would say something trivial like "they had 23 carries for 104 yards" (DMCPCPM or whatever his name is)T hey had 12 carries by the "Power" back, they had 9 gimmick plays out of shotgun with a few Brady runs and a reverse. We threw 47 times.....against a WEAK RUN DEFENSE I know you have convinced yourself that drafting is our problem and we don't have talent or whatever but you don't go 14-2 because you have a good QB. You go 14-2 because you have a good team. We are under achieving with a group of talented players.
    Posted by TrueChamp

I don't disagree, but I think the whole "we were 14-2 last year" point is a bit oversold.  Last year we had a +28 turnover margin.  Brady threw INTs on only .8% of his throws (the 2nd best rate in NFL history).  There hasn't been a team in recent history to post anywhere near that kind of turnover margin 2 years in a row.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

In Response to Re: Give Law Firm 20 carries and we win. : OH NO! Now you're saying that being able to run the clock down in the 4th because you have a lead is a good thing? You mean there's an advantage to be gained? Don't tell the Brady excusers that. To them it's only important we take our first lead with 2 minutes left.
    Posted by Evil2012

Yeah, in a perfect world you're always ahead by 2 scores in the 4th quarter.  Except that isn't realistic, so when you have a 3 point lead with 1:36 to play, and the other team at their own 20, you also need a defense that doesn't give up 60 yards in 1:01. 

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Dear Kool-Aid drinking blind fool, I'm sure you've been very busy today defending the defense and blaming Brady for everything that is going wrong as of late, but do you honestly believe just handing it off to our all pro running back was going to win that game yesterday? God you're a complete moron. Why didn't we just do this? Hand it to Benny in front of a brick wall and tell him we'll give you 20 times to get through it.Your logic escapes you. We did hand it off to Benny 12 times and he produced 50 yards of offense. Your assuming what exactly? That he would have ran out of gas? Who is the moron here? See because we have no deep threat, teams are allowed to play in the box with us. It's like killing two birds with one stone - load up the short areas and when they run it you're close enough to blast right into their line  I know you think our offense is loaded because we have a possession receiver (a great one) and a highly paid guard, but if you would just stop gazing into those double rainbows you'd see there's more to it than that. This must all be confusing, you are the dude that thinks our defense is just wonderful and our hall of fame QB is to blame. Let me try it this way, Brady makes the offense and team look better than they are, when he is off we loose. He doesn't have enough to work with - we are two tight ends and a possesion receiver, that's it.Oh so we are in fact the exact same offense we had last year when Brady threw 16 tds and 4 INT's to become the 1st unanimous mvp in league history? Your right we have no talent.

Blind Rage dude. Your ticked off but for all the wrong reasons.
    Posted by mthurl

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In Response to Re: Give Law Firm 20 carries and we win. : They do get after the passer very well, but in all honesty it looked like we did attempt to run it more and it just wasn't working. I like Benny, but he's not going to scare a defense. I like Ridly, but I think he needs to prove he can run through the right holes. Overall I think the Giants made a statement on stopping the run yesterday at our expense and it led to us throwing more. Why the heck did we draft Vareen in the second if he's not good eough to see the field? We didn't have other needs on our defense?
    Posted by mthurl

The only runner they came near to slowing down was 4ft 7 Danny Woodleg at 3.5 ypc. Benny was doing what he has done all year, protect the ball and get over 4 ypc. Which is all you can ask an NFL runningback to do.

Throwing 47 times when your were never really down by much is ignorant, especially against a weak run D.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In Response to Re: Give Law Firm 20 carries and we win. : But they didn't ruin our plans of running the ball.....we did. BJGE was gashing the defense as he has most of this year. We just stopped using him and went spread with Woody in the back field. Only a poster with an agenda would say something trivial like "they had 23 carries for 104 yards" (DMCPCPM or whatever his name is)T hey had 12 carries by the "Power" back, they had 9 gimmick plays out of shotgun with a few Brady runs and a reverse. We threw 47 times.....against a WEAK RUN DEFENSE I know you have convinced yourself that drafting is our problem and we don't have talent or whatever but you don't go 14-2 because you have a good QB. You go 14-2 because you have a good team. We are under achieving with a group of talented players.
    Posted by TrueChamp

You think the team is under achieving? I'm not sure I see it that way, the effort looks like it's there, but who knows?

I do think Tom had a rather huge hand in our 14-2 record last year, he only threw...what 4 picks? 30 plus touchdown passes...He was almost perfect and this year he hasn't been. In my opinion the defense is to blame for their problems. I guess I disagree with how much talent is on this roster - I do believe the drafting has hurt this team. I could be wrong, it's just my opinion. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In Response to Re: Give Law Firm 20 carries and we win. : The only runner they came near to slowing down was 4ft 7 Danny Woodleg at 3.5 ypc. Benny was doing what he has done all year, protect the ball and get over 4 ypc. Which is all you can ask an NFL runningback to do. Throwing 47 times when your were never really down by much is ignorant, especially against a weak run D.
    Posted by TrueChamp

Was Benny averaging over 4 yards per carry? If you take away his season long 18 yard carry, what's his average look like then? How many times was he stopped for little or no yardage? You might be right, maybe they should just pound it and see what happens. I tend to think that a balanced offense works best and I'd be curious to see what the percentages were yesterday...it seemed close...maybe it wasn't.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Running doesn't solve all their offensive problems. That's not going to magically give them outside WR that can get seperation in man coverage giving Brady more than 2 TE's and Welker as targets. On top of that the OC is allergic to running screen passes.  What type of team gets double the production from 2 TE's then their outside receivers. It's unheard of and laughable especially when those WR are seeing a ton of man.
    Posted by tompenny

So Tom Brady, the best Qb in football needs what exactly? 4 targets? 5 targets? 6 targets? His favorite receiver used to be the "open receiver" but that was when teams did not know he was going to throw the ball 47 times a game.

I wonder how many average QB's in this league wish they had more then 1 consistent targets, let alone 3.

Our offense is as predictable as it was with Moss the beginning of last year but we have way more talent, and way more talent in the run game.

On a side note am I the only person here who is starting to see Chad actually burning his man but him and Brady being WAY OFF? You don't put up the numbers Chad has to look this bad in this offense without it being more then just his problem. I am not bad mouthing Brady but I cannot blame all of this on Chad. he looked like he was getting plenty of "separation" to me.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In Response to Re: Give Law Firm 20 carries and we win. : I don't disagree, but I think the whole "we were 14-2 last year" point is a bit oversold.  Last year we had a +28 turnover margin.  Brady threw INTs on only .8% of his throws (the 2nd best rate in NFL history).  There hasn't been a team in recent history to post anywhere near that kind of turnover margin 2 years in a row.
    Posted by pcmIV

Last year, Brady also only threw for 3900 yards,( The lowest amount since 2004) had no deep threat and we had our 1st 1000 yard 13 td RB since Corey Dillion. A good run game and an efficient passing game go HAND IN HAND my friend.

Last year, Brady also had his lowest pass atts since 2004....because we ran the ball in a 2 TE set more then any team in the league. We are not doing that this year.

Last year, Brady also had his lowest yardage output since 2006(When Reche Caldwell was his number 1 receiver)

Point being utilizing the run game = better production for Tom brady....GOD is anybody seeing what I am seeing?

47 pass atts to 12 runs by a power back against a weak run D is ignorant....at best.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

In Response to Re: Give Law Firm 20 carries and we win. : Misleading. 30 of those yards came on the sketchy PI call on Brown where it was incidental with an uncatchable ball/dive from Cruz. You have to include a context because you're basically typing as if Eli's 52% compl cut through NE's D like butter, and that's just not the case. Not to mention, Chung and Spikes got hurt leaving us with WHite and Brown as on the fly fill ins. No break downs, just a PI call.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing

Was Brown only out there because of Chung injury or because we had six DBs in the game at that point? There is now way the Brown penalty is ever not called. Watch that play again. The only the ball lands five yards past Cruz is because he gets knocked over a full second before the ball lands.

The defensive backfield and linebackers both lack depth and talent. Mayo still does not look like himself since the injury. Spikes is hot and cold and Ninkovich is again servicable, but nothing special. Is this a good time to point out that the Giants started a rookie, backup at middle linebacker?

I hate to go through the DBs again, but there is a reason why more than half of our active defensive backs were undrafted free agents or seventh round picks. They are not highly skilled football players.

Oh yeah, almost forgot, the Giants were without their number one running back and wide receiver. Do you think the Patriots could score 24 without Welker and BJGE? That's right the last three weeks they have put up 20, 17 and 20 with them.

I am agreeing with you that the offense is part of the problem with this team. Why can't you admit that the defense has serious issues as well.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from FLY2K. Show FLY2K's posts

Agreed. Seems so easy, doesn't it? And don't sub him off during drives where he is on the field! If you want to use Woodhead on a drive, cool, but don't sub them back in and out for one another! Doesn't work! Keep Brady from under 40 passes, run BJGE 20. Filter in Woodhead. Let Ridley play the BJGE role if BJGE needs a breather. It's so simple. It's what they did in Oakland and against the Jets. It's not like our team is behind by 14 or 21 and WE HAVE to pass. All we do is shoot ourselves in the foot before the game even starts! BJGE and RIdley are the kinds of guys that run people over by the 4th qtrs.

I agree, it's hard for the Pats lose if BJ and Riddley runs the ball.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In Response to Re: Give Law Firm 20 carries and we win. : Last year, Brady also only threw for 3900 yards,( The lowest amount since 2004 ) had no deep threat and we had our 1st 1000 yard 13 td RB since Corey Dillion. A good run game and an efficient passing game go HAND IN HAND my friend. Last year, Brady also had his lowest pass atts since 2004 ....because we ran the ball in a 2 TE set more then any team in the league. We are not doing that this year. Last year, Brady also had his lowest yardage output since 2006(When Reche Caldwell was his number 1 receiver) Point being utilizing the run game = better production for Tom brady....GOD is anybody seeing what I am seeing? 47 pass atts to 12 runs by a power back against a weak run D is ignorant....at best.
    Posted by TrueChamp

I'm not saying we shouldn't run more, but the +28 turnover margin was a perfect storm that wasn't likely to happen again and definitely contributed to our 14-2 record.  That was my point.  As to your specific point about pass attempts it is worth noting that his INT% in each of the SB winning years was 2.9%, 2.3% and 3.0%.  He actually had a lower INT% in 2007 when we were throwing all over the place.

Would I like to see us run the ball more?  Yes, but I don't think the +28 turnover margin is coming back even if we run more.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

He's been exposed. This Giants game is his worst nightmare because the last 2 months of his ranting and raving sucking off Brady and following the Chris Gasper/Mazz/Felger drum has shown up to expose him. That's why he's mad. He's quickly tried to flip this into a Sergio Brown blame fest on a ball launced out of the end zone and incidental contact that we just never see called at the end of games, too. Or, "bad talent" only on D.  lol The proof has been in the pudding since SB 42, with a harsh reminder last January or this year in Buffalo, against Pitt, Dallas and now NY. And the fact is, Brady calls the plays, generates the gameplan, throws the balls, and is supposed ot be the best player on the field. And he hasn't been for almost a month. Remember the timeout in Oakland on the opening drive?  I'd love to know who called that. I think it was BB slapping Brady. 

You need to watch that play one more time. That balls lands in the middle of the end zone. Stop just making things up to prove your points.

I do agree with you. I think we have way overestimated the talent of the players on this offense. After Brady, Welker and Gronk there are a lot of average players. Hernadez is a good receiver, he is not a great TE. Branch has clearly lost a step and the rest of WR group is useless. BJGE is not a back who can carry the ball 20 times a game and stay healthy throughout a season. We do not know what Ridley is yet. Woodhead and Faulk are complimentary players at best. The line has looked pretty dismal the past few weeks as well.

My biggest question is where you get this information that Brady calls plays and generates the game plan? I do not believe that. If it is true, it is on BB to change it. Get a real OC in here and remind Brady that he won three Super Bowls with Charlie Weis and exactly ZERO without him.

While he is at it, the same goes for the defensive side of the ball. Super Bowls with Crennel at DC = 3. Super Bowls with Pees, Mangini, Patricia and no DC = 0.

BB we get it. You are a great coach. One of the best ever. You cannot do it alone. Great coaches surround themselves with great staffs and delegate authority and decision making.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In Response to Give Law Firm 20 carries and we win.:
    4.3 ypc, never fumbles, always falls forward, Seldom if ever has a play for a loss. I would have loved to see Woody's 10 carries go to Lawfirm, which would have given him a sound 90 plus yards, helped us move the chains, improved T.O.P and limited the turnovers. We have not had a good lead back since Corey Dillion but we wouldn't know it if we had. We do not give a RB the opportunity to carry the load. The only time we see big numbers from a RB is when we are running out the clock on  a 20 pt lead. It doesn't have to be that way. We are allowed to lean on a run game especially when facing an opponent who allowed Reggie Bush to look like a power back. We are limiting the possibilities for this offense and defense's know what we will do. Tom Brady throwing almost 50x and our power back getting 12 carries in a "grinder" type game where both defense's came to play is UNACCEPTABLE. I can see it now, "A Football Life" part 3 when BB rips into his O.C about only giving Law Firm 12 carries when he was THE ONLY POSITIVE FACTOR ON OFFENSE. You take away WW underneath and flood the field with DB's and we are dead. We DON'T run the ball.....notice "Don't" not "Can't".... Well, at least we didn't see an Aaron Hernandez (on his gimpy knee) reverse yesterday, I don't think I could have recovered from another one of those. Hey, maybe we should give Julian Edelman carries in the back field, we only have 5 RB's, no no no, lets make Faulk our lead back next week, or use a spread offense and 4ft 2 Danny Woodhead as the ball carrier. GENIUS. Somewhere Corey Dillion is polishing his SB ring and eating a big mac with a huge smile on his face. Remembering the impact he had on what was once a Dynasty.
    Posted by TrueChamp

I don't think it's the number of carrie. I would say that the Patriots are more likely to win when they gain 105+ yards; mostly by one ball carrier, during the game.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In Response to Re: Give Law Firm 20 carries and we win. : Yeah, in a perfect world you're always ahead by 2 scores in the 4th quarter.  Except that isn't realistic, so when you have a 3 point lead with 1:36 to play, and the other team at their own 20, you also need a defense that doesn't give up 60 yards in 1:01. 
    Posted by Thesemenarecowards

I don't discount what your saying, the defense cannot play great the entire game and then lay down the last 90 seconds. Although I think they deserve the credit for keeping us in this game, so at the same time I can't blame them for the loss.

If the offense does not throw 2 int's into coverage or get sack fumbled then we probably win the game as well. Hard to throw int's when you are smashing the ball down the other teams throats with the run game....easy to do so when you throw 47 times against a team that knows you will throw 47 times.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In Response to Give Law Firm 20 carries and we win. : I don't think it's the number of carrie. I would say that the Patriots are more likely to win when they gain 105+ yards; mostly by one ball carrier, during the game.
    Posted by BubbaInHawaii

Yeah I am not saying BJGE needs to have 20 carries every game,(although I wouldn't be opposed to it) I do think in this particular game it would have carried an anemic offense to a win,  I am not opposed to Ridley getting a huge work load if BJGE is injured, but he is clearly not injured to me. I just think that a running back needs an opportunity to wear a defense down. Its been working for ages and the only time I remember it happening for us is this past Jets game. At least since 2004 anyway.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

vs Giants yesterday

24 rushing plays 0 turnovers
    49 passing plays 3 turnovers

run the damn ball

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mlgvt48. Show mlgvt48's posts

Never mind 20 carries just give him one more carry during our last drive and we win. That would have taken 30 seconds or more off the clock and there goes the Giants come back. I was sitting on my neighbors couch watching the game and kept saying we have to run now to run some time off the clock. If we run on either of the two missed passes to Gronk there would have been no time left for a Giants comeback. Brady was not sharp but this one is all on the coaches!

Sections
Shortcuts